Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4442761 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jan 05, 2018
Osahon7:
Can i get 16% on 2.5M for 365 Days? From FBN?
yes from MMM bank

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 05, 2018
Alikote:
yes from MMM bank
take am easy oga
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wapgod(m): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2018
hilarious
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Phyde: 1:59pm On Jan 05, 2018
Mup4life:
drop your mail i will send you the link, and you will be well educated about the benefits of investing.
okuovara.fidelis@gmail.com
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:01pm On Jan 05, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 05, 2018
Alikote:
yes from MMM bank
grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 3:11pm On Jan 05, 2018
TONY56:

Hmmmmmm.
Yet those of us who are still happy at 13.9% for 182-day tenor know why we are happy and the TB is still massively over subscribed.

At least we have 99.9% assurance of getting our investments back at maturity and we are better with it than with Savings or Fixed Deposits
I understand your choice of balling in a low risk yielding asset, however there are other platforms that will offer 95% risk free investment.

Take FBN mutualfund for example.
although I don't know what their current rate is like, but I do know it would be way better than a miserly 13% offered now in T.bills judging by their December fact sheet, and FBN Mutual fund is relatively very safe! (95%)

so weigh your options nevertheless.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Cheatnotagain: 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

I understand your choice of balling in a low risk yielding asset, however there are other platforms that will offer 95% risk free investment.

although I don't know what their current rate is like, but I do know it would be way better than a miserly 13% offered now in T.bills judging by their December fact sheet, and FBN Mutual fund is relatively very safe! (95%)

Please can you help share more information about this FBN mutual funds...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

Thanks for your advice but note that ALL mutual funds takes after Treasury Bill rates if you don't know.
If you factor in the upfront interest we receive in NTB, and the true yields when you opt not to collect your upfront interest but re-invest it, it's usually higher than mutual funds because most of the funds invested by mutual fund operators are in Treasury bills. So whatever returns you get from investment in mutual fund is a function of treasury bill rates.

The December fact sheets you talked about is a cumulative of both the high Treasury Bill rates from the beginning of 2017 up to last quarter when it fell and no mutual fund can promise you that type of "facts sheet" this year except Treasury Bills rate also improve.

Moreover, you have said it all-mutual funds is about 95% risk free but Treasury Bills are 99.99% risk free and mutual funds is subjected to Tax while Treasury Bills are Tax free. Also, if treasury bills rates continue to fall the one I have already keyed in will never change whereas returns on mutual funds will also go southwards-pls go and find out from the experts and it will be confirmed to you.

As long as Treasury Bills rates are higher than Savings and Fixed Deposit rates, I will continue to go for it and sleep with my two eyes closed.

I am completely satisfied with it and for your information, the 13.88% I got from last auction was not for 364days but for 182days while stop rate for 364days was 14.9%.

Finally, we all have different abilities to take risks and the higher the risks, the higher the gains or losses and vice versa.

I don't follow the herd but my ability and belief. Satisfaction is also the keyword.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2018
Opinion Well noted Mr Tony.
for the person asking bout mutual fund. there is a thread on NL for that, check on it so we don't derail. Gracias.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 6:21pm On Jan 05, 2018
Just received a mail from Stanbic now that the successful bid rate for my 182-day tenor for last Wednesday auction is 13.9250% and not 13 88% rough estimate that I posted earlier which was probably because of other deductions.

It means Stanbic got the highest rate for last auction of 182days the stop rate of which was also 13.9250%.

I am happy and not complaining at all.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 4:54am On Jan 06, 2018
chukwuwike2ny:

Get #90k monthly with just #600k Investment

Get a total of 15% (10% Principal + 5% ROI) every month for 10months.(150% in10months. with #600k investment you get a total of #90k every month for 10months. #900k)

lnvestors fund will be used to part-finance the purchase of Volkswagen T4 buses for commercial transportation along Ajah/lekki/CMS/Obalende Route and/or some paylater schemes of the ICVOW Association.

For more information: click2ny@gmail.com
08067233120, 08111595550
Calls, WhatsApp
will you get away from this thread....... mtcheeeeew

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:29am On Jan 06, 2018
chukwuwike2ny:

Get a total of 15% (10% Principal + 5% ROI) every month for 10months.(150% in10months. with #600k investment you get a total of #90k every month for 10months. #900k)

lnvestors fund will be used to part-finance the purchase of Volkswagen T4 buses for commercial transportation along Ajah/lekki/CMS/Obalende Route and/or some paylater schemes of the ICVOW Association.

08067233120, 08111595550
Calls, WhatsApp

Looking for people to scam.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by elijah101(m): 10:21am On Jan 06, 2018
I swear if you continue this way .. i will personally make sure you end up in hell
chukwuwike2ny:

08067233120, 08111595550
Calls, WhatsApp

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by vitality22(m): 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2018
chukwuwike2ny:

08067233120, 08111595550
Calls, WhatsApp
Bros, na waooo. What is the guarantee that i will get back my money. Please you will do well to change from this your SCAM this 2018.
You want to elope with people's hard earned money abi? It will never work for you. Please change ooo

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
kolaish:
My investment strategy varies depending on the stock I am holding. It has favoured me at least 75%. Let me give you an insight:

I bought 1m units of Transcorp @ 143k two weeks ago = N1,430,000
sold yesterday @ 1.86 = N1,860,000 That means profit of N430,000 - N15,000 (txns charges). A gain of N415,000 is to me a good investment on the above. Mind you transcorp does not have good numbers supporting it and may/may not go down to the same price I bought it, but a bird in hand is more than 20 in the bush, my gain is already in my account. Mind you, I keep monitoring it again when it has bottomed out around 165k or less, that means I will be having 1,120,000 units rather than the 1m units I am holding before, Or I may decide not to buy again and buy another stock.

But for other stock in my portfolio like DF, I decided to leave it even when I saw it going down because I know their is nos to support it and it can still go up.

Please note that no strategy is perfect in the NSE, but experience sometimes, is the best teacher.

This is happening while cbn is lowering tbills rates...

When investors run from it now they will start shouting 18%... SMH
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by crystalpapers(m): 6:28pm On Jan 06, 2018
I want to invest 100000 in tbills on the next auction and my bank is skye bank i don't know if i can buy through them. If i imvest 100000, how much am i going to reap?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 8:57pm On Jan 06, 2018
Are fund providers going to be part owners of these buses? Duely documented as part owners and be able to review the finacial affairs of the company in question?
chukwuwike2ny:

08067233120, 08111595550
Calls, WhatsApp
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 10:48am On Jan 07, 2018
abeg forget that guy hope.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 10:49am On Jan 07, 2018
ozymes:
Are fund providers going to be part owners of these buses? Duely documented as part owners and be able to review the finacial affairs of the company in question?
abeg forget that guy joor
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ReLaTE(m): 10:55am On Jan 07, 2018
Pls i have abt 1.5m in fix account wt low interest for d past 2yrs now, how do I invest in this TB and when is the next auction. I bank wt Access.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jan 07, 2018
Happy New Year Everyone!

I am the guy who wanted to terminate his Union Bank Treasury Bill Investment late last year. This is to inform everyone that I didn't later terminate the TB as I decided to source for funds else where.
However, I approached the bank for a loan during that time using one of my TB as collateral but the interest % with term and condition made me run for my dear sweet life. I was offered 26% interest on the loan which I will be servicing every month and if I failed to fund my account for them for the deduction every month, they will deep there hands into my TB and converted it into FD so they can service the loan. They are seriously mad ooo. Can you all imagine that cruelty. Well I ran for my dear life and decided not to proceed with the loan and the TB termination. I later persuaded a friend who owe me to help by paying his loan which he did and my money problems was taken care of though not all but it helps and my investment is also safe. In few months one of my TB will mature and I can smile and thank God.

I really appreciate you all contributions. I have learnt a whole lot more with this and I'm taking my TB game higher this year. I have opened Stanbic and FBN and getting ready for a fruitful year ahead. I have learnt my lesson and gained more knowledge about TB. My TB Game started from here, and you all who has been contributing to this super investment thread. That is my experience during the whole termination brouhaha o.

I wish everyone of us the best of 2018 in good health and wealth. More Life, More Money, More Gains, More Investment Opportunities and Good Health to each and everyone of us. Amen!

Note: if you are using your TB as a collateral for a loan please think twice, because the bank may not tell you what they will do to your TB if you failed to fund your account for one month sef.

Thank you!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2018
realjidejamal:
Happy New Year Everyone!

I am the guy who wanted to terminate his Union Bank Treasury Bill Investment late last year. This is to inform everyone that I didn't later terminate the TB as I decided to source for funds else where.
However, I approached the bank for a loan during that time using one of my TB as collateral but the interest % with term and condition made me run for my dear sweet life. I was offered 26% interest on the loan which I will be servicing every month and if I failed to fund my account for them for the deduction every month, they will deep there hands into my TB and converted it into FD so they can service the loan. They are seriously mad ooo. Can you all imagine that cruelty. Well I ran for my dear life and decided not to proceed with the loan and the TB termination. I later persuaded a friend who owe me to help by paying his loan which he did and my money problems was taken care of though not all but it helps and my investment is also safe. In few months one of my TB will mature and I can smile and thank God.

I really appreciate you all contributions. I have learnt a whole lot more with this and I'm taking my TB game higher this year. I have opened Stanbic and FBN and getting ready for a fruitful year ahead. I have learnt my lesson and gained more knowledge about TB. My TB Game started from here, and you all who has been contributing to this super investment thread. That is my experience during the whole termination brouhaha o.

I wish everyone of us the best of 2018 in good health and wealth. More Life, More Money, More Gains, More Investment Opportunities and Good Health to each and everyone of us. Amen!

Note: if you are using your TB as a collateral for a loan please think twice, because the bank may not tell you what they will do to your TB if you failed to fund your account for one month sef.

Thank you!

Very beautiful!!!
I also rejoice with you and wish you well this year.

There's one thing that you may also not realise that you did to a lot of people on this thread-
You were the person who made many to know that Union Bank Charges 25% of the upfront interest for termination of TBs.
You equally made some of us on this thread to be able to prove to doubting Thomases that it's actually possible to gain by terminating TB depending on the rate it was purchased vis-a-vis the rate it's sold.

Happy new year!

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yak(m): 1:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
I went to my bank FIDELITY place TB last week but they told me 1m is d minimum. which bank takes less as I don't have up to that for now
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2018
TONY56:

Very beautiful!!!
I also rejoice with you and wish you well this year.

There's one thing that you may also not realise that you did to a lot of people on this thread-
You were the person who made many to know that Union Bank Charges 25% of the upfront interest for termination of TBs.
You equally made some of us on this thread to be able to prove to doubting Thomases that it's actually possible to gain by terminating TB depending on the rate it was purchased vis-a-vis the rate it's sold.

Happy new year!

Amen!
Thank you TONY56

I read everything regarding that and I'm glad my situation help us all to gain more experience about termination.
This whole thing has really made me to pay more attention to terms and conditions too.
Regards!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by royalzee: 4:30pm On Jan 07, 2018
yak:
I went to my bank FIDELITY place TB last week but they told me 1m is d minimum.
which bank takes less as I don't have up to that for now

Even with Zenithbank; was told minimum investment amount on TBs = N1m. Does anyone has an idea of Stanbic bank minimum ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:08pm On Jan 07, 2018
yak:
I went to my bank FIDELITY place TB last week but they told me 1m is d minimum.
which bank takes less as I don't have up to that for now

Why bothering yourself with Fidelity?
Better banks in terms of performance at Treasury Bills auctions like Stanbic & First accept N100,000 and ironically, these are the banks that should have been bragging, not FIDELITY.

Abeg move to better bank

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2018
royalzee:

Even with Zenithbank; was told minimum investment amount on TBs = N1m. Does anyone has an idea of Stanbic bank minimum ??

N100,000 only
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by yak(m): 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2018
[quote author=TONY56 post=63979407]

Why bothering yourself with Fidelity?
Better banks in terms of performance at Treasury Bills auctions like Stanbic & First accept N100,000 and ironically, these are the banks that should have been bragging, not FIDELITY.

Abeg move to better bank

[/quo

Thanks a lot for the info. am moving the fund to fbn straight.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by haibe(m): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2018
feelamong:

lets say the discount rate is 14% for 1 year.
you will pay N6,880,000.
if you hold to maturity = (8,000,000- 6,880,000)/6,880,000 * 100 = 16.27%

In essence if you hold for one year ur effective yield is N1,301,600

In simple terms if you only hold for 91 days you will have N1,301,600/4 = N325,400

Is this really the effective yield for a 1 year period? If interest on t bills are indeed paid upfront (when you place the investment); then this gives an advantage such that the interest received upfront can be reinvested.

In other words my own calculation of the yield to maturity will go this way.

Yr 0: CF: (6,880,000) + 1,120,000
Yr1: CF: 6,880,000

My financial calculator tells me the effective interest rate is actually 19.4%

Can someone correct me pls?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.