Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,249 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (481) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4495019 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 5:10pm On Feb 26, 2018
pls wat is d difference btw primary n secondary market in treasury bills.?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 5:53pm On Feb 26, 2018
ositadima1:

12.5% ? So it's this bad, see as i dey wait for TBills to appreciate so I can do small, be like say mutual funds better pass at 16% .

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Guaranteed 16%?
Or just for today
Pls just let me know where 16% is guaranteed in writing and without a caveat for Mutual Trust.
The guy jumping for joy at 12.5% for 94-day tenor is not stupid o if you don't know grin grin cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
TONY56:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Guaranteed 16%?
Or just for today
Pls just let me know where 16% is guaranteed in writing and without a caveat for Mutual Trust.
The guy jumping for joy at 12.5% for 94-day tenor is not stupid o if you don't know grin grin cheesy

Maybe, the people on the other MF thread certainly are not all silly or are they... ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by shegonchy(m): 7:35pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello house I want to appreciate everyone for this informative thread thumbs up. I also want to ask if there is a specific time or period to purchase tbills from the secondary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2018
ositadima1:

Maybe, the people on the other MF thread certainly are not all silly or are they... ? undecided

Sure they can't all be silly. I guess most of them know why they are there and I guess one of the reasons why they are there is because some of them prefer that their funds be pooled together with others to invest in multi money instruments instead of those of us who believe solely in Treasury Bills thereby taking the small risk that we oldies don't want to take grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2018
TONY56:

Sure they can't all be silly. I guess most of them know why they are there and I guess one of the reasons why they are there is because some of them prefer that their funds be pooled together with others to invest in multi money instruments instead of those of us who believe solely in Treasury Bills thereby taking the small risk that we oldies don't want to take grin grin grin

Thank you on your effort towards tutoring me on MF
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 7:21am On Feb 27, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 8:31am On Feb 27, 2018
TONY56:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Guaranteed 16%?
Or just for today

18% TBs of last year never mature. Mine too at 18% never mature. grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:33am On Feb 27, 2018
NL1960:

18% TBs of last year never mature. Mine too at 18% never mature. grin cheesy

Oh yes o.
By the time they mature, we'll see what the prevailing rates will be. But I Don chop the upfront interest sinnnnnnce.

All the same even if I want to terminate it now, I will be selling at about 12.5% for the remaining 100 days left and losing just about N35,000 out of the N184,000 interest I got last year because TB rates has fallen.

That's the beauty of buying when it's very high and terminating when it's very low.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:44am On Feb 27, 2018
TONY56:

Oh yes o.
By the time they mature, we'll see what the prevailing rates will be. But I Don chop the upfront interest sinnnnnnce.

All the same even if I want to terminate it now, I will be selling at about 12.5% for the remaining 100 days left and losing just about N35,000 out of the N184,000 interest I got last year because TB rates has fallen.

That's the beauty of buying when it's very high and terminating when it's very low.

No be only you chop upfront interest o. Na the 18% upfront interest i take pay my pikin one year secondary school and boarding fees. grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 11:14am On Feb 27, 2018
NL1960:

No be only you chop upfront interest o. Na the 18% upfront interest i take pay my pikin one year secondary school and boarding fees. grin

That's one of the Beauties of Treasury Bills!!!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:45am On Feb 27, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 11:53am On Feb 27, 2018
In simple words, T-bills bought directly from the CBN via your banks and other issuing houses are from the primary market and they are in three tenors (91, 182 and 364 days), while those bought from a third party, eg, from someone who had already bought from the CBN are from the secondary market. It means you will usually not buy t-bills with full maturity of 91, 182 and 364 days at the secondary market, you get shorter tenors.

I hope this explains it.

Ikmontana1:
pls wat is d difference btw primary n secondary market in treasury bills.?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 11:55am On Feb 27, 2018
ositadima1:

12.5% ? So it's this bad, see as i dey wait for TBills to appreciate so I can do small, be like say mutual funds better pass at 16% .
People seems to be after maximum profit.

I feel from my own POV the quote BTW 10 - 13% is fair enough or OK. There's absolutely nothing wrong with 12.5%

Imagine you have 10M at 10% for 364 days, it practically will gift you 1.2M/yr which will make do.

Na excess profit make people dash MMM their hard earned money just for nothing, I'm not sure if they're still any believers left....dey don change ministry.
Na excess profit make people use #100 play 31 games for bet9ja dey wan win millions, and na 1 game dey always spoil am.
Na excess profit make my colleague go use him savings buy dollars at the wrong time and now, he don almost bite all his fingers comot.

Everybody wants to hit goldmine in a night

Meanwhile I'm not saying excess profit is greed ooo because I can smell gun powder from a tested gun already
Make I run Comot here before something disasterrific happens

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2018
C505:

Na excess profit make my colleague go use him savings buy dollars at the wrong time and now, he don almost bite all his fingers comot.

You are so lucky you run comot. I have just acquired a riffle and I would have used you for target practice.
Lol

No be only your colleague, I am also biting my finger o...i will keep watching.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 8:36pm On Feb 27, 2018
Rates should jump back to 17-18% abeg, chaii

And to think one of the Investment matured this February, there is no motivation to even renew the tenor, 13% lool that's pisspoor

This is very very poooooor by all investment standards. Its not keeping up with Inflation's rates and y'all are saying its better than MMF?

At 15% inflation rate. we are -2+% loss in Real time.

Not good, I will see what first bank can offer when I hit the banks this week. Atall atall na I'm bad pass

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 8:44pm On Feb 27, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
Rates should jump back to 17-18% abeg, chaii

And to think one of the Investment matured this February, there is no motivation to even renew the tenor, 13% lool that's pisspoor

This is very very poooooor by all investment standards. Its not keeping up with Inflation's rates and y'all are saying its better than MMF?

At 15% inflation rate. we are -2+% loss in Real time.

Not good, I will see what first bank can offer when I hit the banks this week. Atall atall na I'm bad pass

But is anyone stopping you from moving to MMF?
Don't let people dictate to you. Follow your mind especially when it tells you that MMF is now better than NTB. After all its your money and not anyone's

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chukzyfcbb: 8:49pm On Feb 27, 2018
TONY56:

But is anyone stopping you from moving to MMF?
Don't let people dictate to you. Follow your mind especially when it tells you that MMF is now better than NTB. After all its your money and not anyone's
No one , I have tasted FBN MMF for a year plus, and I hated the slow approach they gave me.
Getting the Investment started was very slow, liquidating the investment was also very slow.

I was always sending countless number of mails, while referencing my account manger who told me about it. I don't want to have that experience again!

I will manage the piss poor rate of Tbills like that
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 9:58pm On Feb 27, 2018
chukzyfcbb:

No one , I have tasted FBN MMF for a year plus, and I hated the slow approach they gave me.
Getting the Investment started was very slow, liquidating the investment was also very slow.

I was always sending countless number of mails, while referencing my account manger who told me about it. I don't want to have that experience again!

I will manage the piss poor rate of Tbills like that

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;

So you've been there before.
Then what we're you driving at when you wrote "and y'all saying it's better than MMF"? as if you've never been there.

Since you have tasted the two, kindly be truthful and let others know which of the two gives better returns on investment and rest of mind apart from the other experiences you have earlier stated above coupled with additional fact that TB is tax free and once you invest, you can go to sleep with both eyes closed as well as get your interest upfront to handle some sundry commitment's.

With your quoted post above, you have inadvertently told me if not others too that TB is better than MMF. So why the "hue and cry"

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 2:58am On Feb 28, 2018
dipoolowoo:
In simple words, T-bills bought directly from the CBN via your banks and other issuing houses are from the primary market and they are in three tenors (91, 182 and 364 days), while those bought from a third party, eg, from someone who had already bought from the CBN are from the secondary market. It means you will usually not buy t-bills with full maturity of 91, 182 and 364 days at the secondary market, you get shorter tenors.

I hope this explains it.

tanx so much boss
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 6:04am On Feb 28, 2018
NL1960:

How much is there school fees ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 6:08am On Feb 28, 2018
C505:

People seems to be after maximum profit.

I feel from my own POV the quote BTW 10 - 13% is fair enough or OK. There's absolutely nothing wrong with 12.5%

Imagine you have 10M at 10% for 364 days, it practically will gift you 1.2M/yr which will make do.

Na excess profit make people dash MMM their hard earned money just for nothing, I'm not sure if they're still any believers left....dey don change ministry.
Na excess profit make people use #100 play 31 games for bet9ja dey wan win millions, and na 1 game dey always spoil am.

Everybody wants to hit goldmine in a night

Meanwhile I'm not saying excess profit is greed ooo because I can smell gun powder from a tested gun already
Make I run Comot here before something disasterrific happens

grin Na so .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 7:23am On Feb 28, 2018
Agbaletu:

You are so lucky you run comot. I have just acquired a riffle and I would have used you for target practice.
Lol

No be only your colleague, I am also biting my finger o...i will keep watching.
Hahahaha

Apologies bro. I no know say you sef follow buy dollars. I just hope it turns out a favor for you guys.

This is not the period we should be loosing money afterall every penny counts
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:16am On Feb 28, 2018
ihedioramma:
How much is there school fees ?

I do not understand this question o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jobgbemi(m): 9:30am On Feb 28, 2018
Please when is the next bidding? I was told it's this week by First Bank but i have not been debited yet. Please when is the next bidding date?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 9:33am On Feb 28, 2018
NL1960:

I do not understand this question o.
You said you paid your child school fees for one year . My question is, how much is there school fees for the one year ?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by cybertek(m): 9:34am On Feb 28, 2018
TONY56:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ;

So you've been there before.
Then what we're you driving at when you wrote "and y'all saying it's better than MMF"? as if you've never been there.

Since you have tasted the two, kindly be truthful and let others know which of the two gives better returns on investment and rest of mind apart from the other experiences you have earlier stated above coupled with additional fact that TB is tax free and once you invest, you can go to sleep with both eyes closed as well as get your interest upfront to handle some sundry commitment's.

With your quoted post above, you have inadvertently told me if not others too that TB is better than MMF. So why the "hue and cry"

I am new to this and i decided to go for MMF, since i can monitor my earnings and i can add more money to it when i have.. pls what make TB better than MMF??

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:42am On Feb 28, 2018
ihedioramma:
You said you paid your child school fees for one year . My question is, how much is there school fees for the one year ?

Haba, i cannot put the figure in this public place. Moreover, i did not even mention the school. You can PM me for details.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ihedioramma: 9:55am On Feb 28, 2018
NL1960:

Haba, i cannot put the figure in this public place. Moreover, i did not even mention the school. You can PM me for details.
Ok .
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by freeman67: 10:07am On Feb 28, 2018
jobgbemi:
Please when is the next bidding? I was told it's this week by First Bank but i have not been debited yet. Please when is the next bidding date?

It should be today.. Maybe they forgot and left the money if not first bank on normal days will debit you immediately you make the request but for other banks they'll debit tomorrow.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:46am On Feb 28, 2018
ihedioramma:

That is none of your business.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 10:50am On Feb 28, 2018
emmanuelewumi:

That is none of your business.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (478) (479) (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: emmasoft(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.