Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,175 members, 7,853,011 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:02 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4493462 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (2240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fodukes: 11:49am On Mar 08, 2018
Gavrelino123:

GTBANK TB Secondary market portal is accessible medially 10am -2pm as claimed by the enquiry staff..
Naturally they will attempt frustrating you by saying that they weren't given any approval to operate on secondary market at the moment that you should check back...Definitely,you will ask by saying,;when should i check back?...they will reply by saying.; I'm not sure that it depends...
You have to speak eloquently to the enquiry staff and let them know that you are well enlightened about T.B SECONDARY Market....tell them not to joke with you that everyone has their own personal problems to deal with....Make sure you write your instructions down there and make sure it's treated before you leave the bank...
Make sure they listen to you,don't listen to anyone..
IT PAYS MORE TO BE FEARED THAN TO BE LOVED...

Thank you for that information, but you didn’t say how you did yours specifically boss.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 12:33pm On Mar 08, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Ok thanks.... Just got debited.....265 days @ 13.5%.....Gtbank.
Also,thanks "Engineer Tony" and other Professionals in the house for your candid advice...I would have been waiting for the next primary Auction..

Nice. Im still scared of gtbank. Thats my bank. This innoson case really got at me. Im thinking of moving to another bank for tbills till they sort themselves out
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by iksmoore(m): 3:05pm On Mar 08, 2018
I got 13.25% for 119 days at first bank today . Is that a good deal?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
iksmoore:
I got 13.25% for 119 days at first bank today . Is that a good deal?
awesome! pls secondary market open from monday to friday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2018
fodukes:

Thank you for that information, but you didn’t say how you did yours specifically boss.
ok,let me narrative it.....
See how i did mine.......i Went to a branch at Amadu Bello Way,Lagos by 9.30AM yesterday and requested for secondary Market,which the guy in charge told me they weren't authorized to suscribe for any customer @ the moment that i should check back......i reciprocated immediately by asking the Enquiry staff "Is it General or this Branch only" ....He replied by saying "sir i can't say more than this".......
I told him,well no problem,let me go and get full details from your head office about what you just told me....As i was about stepping out,he called me and said i should hold on...i saw the fear gripped on his face....he told me to write my instructions that whenever they are authorised that my TB will be treated, which i said no & wanted it done immediately......I told him clearly,I'm well enlightened about T.B Primary and Secondary Market,that he should stop wasting his time...that was how i was attended to...
The key is,don't approach them with a novice look,because they are well trained expert liars... don't write your instruction and leave it with them,make sure it's treated before leaving the Banks.....By the time they are familiar with you that you are well enlightened,,they won't play such pranks again even if you come another day.....!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 4:04pm On Mar 08, 2018
zinaunreal:

Nice. Im still scared of gtbank. Thats my bank. This innoson case really got at me. Im thinking of moving to another bank for tbills till they sort themselves out
Lol....that's the least thing you should think about...what would you say about Skype Bank.?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zinaunreal(m): 4:06pm On Mar 08, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Lol....that's the least thing you should think about...what would you say about Skype Bank.?
its money we talking about here bro. But as una dey talk say no fear. I no fear again
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 4:22pm On Mar 08, 2018
Gavrelino123:

See how i did mine.......i Went to a branch at Amadu Bello Way,Lagos by 9.30AM yesterday and requested for secondary Market,which the guy in charge told me they weren't authorized to suscribe for any customer @ the moment that i should check back......i reciprocated immediately by asking the Enquiry staff "Is it General or this Branch only" ....He replied by saying "sir i can't say more than this".......
I told him,well no problem,let me go and get full details from your head office about what you just told me....As i was about stepping out,he called me and said i should hold on...i saw the fear gripped on his face....he told me to write my instructions that whenever they are authorised that my TB will be treated, which i said no & wanted it done immediately......I told him clearly,I'm well enlightened about T.B Primary and Secondary Market,that he should stop wasting his time...that was how i was attended to...
The key is,don't approach them with a novice look,because they are well trained expert liars... don't write your instruction and leave it with them,make sure it's treated before leaving the Banks.....By the time they are familiar with you that you are well enlightened,,they won't play such pranks again even if you come another day.....!!!!

Bravo!!!
Very good.
You got it. That's the kind of language they understand. That's why I have always advised newbies to be patient enough to read posts on this thread from the beginning before jumping into the "Markets" so as to benefit immensely.

Once you know your onions and have the courage to display it before them, you are good to go and they will respect you a lot.

I wish you a very happy investment

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 4:24pm On Mar 08, 2018
zinaunreal:
its money we talking about here bro. But as una dey talk say no fear. I no fear again

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fodukes: 6:35pm On Mar 08, 2018
Gavrelino123:

Thank you bro for this detailed explanation, well let me tell you my experience today. Before today, I had gone to the bank on the 28th of Feb and i gave the instruction for the tbill to my account officer (i already explained the story in my previous post). So today I went to the bank armed with all this info ive read here, this is 10 days after my first instruction. So instead of going to my account officer's office, I went to customer care and told them what i wanted. The gentle man that attended to me started speaking english, well i followed up and schooled him well on the matter... He wasnt able to keep up so another lady take over from where he stopped (omo no be small thing ) This new lady then told me to write an instruction which i refused because i pointed out to her that i wrote one on the 28th of feb. and it wasnt treated because if it was I wouldnt be here. That was when she said we shud go see my account officer which I categorically told her i didnt want to see her because im upset so she went by herself, came back to me and started apologizing. She went back into their marketing office again afterwards and came back with the rate of 12% for 104 days and i said i was going to take it. She then pleaded with me to write a new instruction quickly so they can treat it because they had a portal deadline of 1pm or something, while still asking me to come to the marketing office where my account officer was and i still refused - telling her i didnt want to see her and that as a matter of fact i wanted a new account officer. In the end she said they had done everything and my account will be debited before the end of the day. As at 5pm my money was and is still sitting comfortably in my account ooo... so i called the account officer to ask for update and she said i will be debited today or latest tomorrow morning, if not then that means it was not successful. The way im going to storm that Gtbank tomorrow ehn by 11am if i dont get debit alert, them go hail.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 8:26pm On Mar 08, 2018
TONY56:

Bravo!!!
Very good.
You got it. That's the kind of language they understand. That's why I have always advised newbies to be patient enough to read posts on this thread from the beginning before jumping into the "Markets" so as to benefit immensely.

Once you know your onions and have the courage to display it before them, you are good to go and they will respect you a lot.

I wish you a very happy investment
Thanks prof and you too...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iammelvin(m): 8:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Good evening everyone..m new to TB.. If I invest 390k for 91 days.. How much should I be expecting?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 9:25pm On Mar 08, 2018
TONY56:

From a rough calculation, yes it looks like about 10% or just a little less if one considers the little deductions for transaction charges
is secondary markets open from Monday - Friday?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 9:27pm On Mar 08, 2018
Iammelvin:
Good evening everyone..m new to TB.. If I invest 390k for 91 days.. How much should I be expecting?
depends on the bank you want to invest in ,the rates and tenure
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IHelp: 9:47pm On Mar 08, 2018
Pharmtj:
is secondary markets open from Monday - Friday?

Yes
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 9:50pm On Mar 08, 2018
Na wa. Banks are only custodians of your funds, they are not owners. Why should your bank or account officer constitute a stumbling block to whatever you want to use your funds for?

Gavrelino123:

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iammelvin(m): 10:17pm On Mar 08, 2018
Pharmtj:
depends on the bank you want to invest in ,the rates and tenure
what of if the rate is 12% for 91 days?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 10:37pm On Mar 08, 2018
Iammelvin:
what of if the rate is 12% for 91 days?
go read from page 1
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by itisco(m): 3:41am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello house, pls when is the next tbills auction and also the prevailing rate?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:41am On Mar 09, 2018
Pharmtj:
go read from page 1

grin grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 7:50am On Mar 09, 2018
Infinitisi:
Na wa. Banks are only custodians of your funds, they are not owners. Why should your bank or account officer constitute a stumbling block to whatever you want to use your funds for?

grin grin grin
They will always do that but only to those they perceive not to really know what they want and how to go about it and also because they are extremely selfish just like those who intentionally import fake drugs into the country not minding the fact that people can be killed through such acts.

They are NEVER happy that you want to use your money for any other thing other than leaving it with them in the Savings or Fixed deposit so that they can give you a paltry sum as interest and use your money to get about 5 times the interest given to you.

But once they know that you can't be fooled, they give you so much respect and will never dare you again

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2018
fodukes:

Thank you bro for this detailed explanation, well let me tell you my experience today. Before today, I had gone to the bank on the 28th of Feb and i gave the instruction for the tbill to my account officer (i already explained the story in my previous post). So today I went to the bank armed with all this info ive read here, this is 10 days after my first instruction. So instead of going to my account officer's office, I went to customer care and told them what i wanted. The gentle man that attended to me started speaking english, well i followed up and schooled him well on the matter... He wasnt able to keep up so another lady take over from where he stopped (omo no be small thing ) This new lady then told me to write an instruction which i refused because i pointed out to her that i wrote one on the 28th of feb. and it wasnt treated because if it was I wouldnt be here. That was when she said we shud go see my account officer which I categorically told her i didnt want to see her because im upset so she went by herself, came back to me and started apologizing. She went back into their marketing office again afterwards and came back with the rate of 12% for 104 days and i said i was going to take it. She then pleaded with me to write a new instruction quickly so they can treat it because they had a portal deadline of 1pm or something, while still asking me to come to the marketing office where my account officer was and i still refused - telling her i didnt want to see her and that as a matter of fact i wanted a new account officer. In the end she said they had done everything and my account will be debited before the end of the day. As at 5pm my money was and is still sitting comfortably in my account ooo... so i called the account officer to ask for update and she said i will be debited today or latest tomorrow morning, if not then that means it was not successful. The way im going to storm that Gtbank tomorrow ehn by 11am if i dont get debit alert, them go hail.

You really tried. But if they don't do it, don't talk to any other staff of the bank and just go straight to see the Branch manager and tell him or her that you want to know the processes of moving all your money to another bank and you will be asked why.

Then tell the manager that your account officer and the TB officers are conspiring against you and you want to move your money to Stambic or First Bank.

I bet you, the manager and all the staff will beg and apologise to you and everything will be done right there and your account debited immediately.

My guess is that you will be told that it was not successful by the time you get there today.

They simply want to delay the movement of your money to Treasury bills to boost your account officer''s target.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:12am On Mar 09, 2018
fodukes:

In case you need backup, i dey here. Just 30% commission of the upfront interest is enough for me. grin cheesy
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iammelvin(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2018
Pharmtj:
go read from page 1
that's long o.. I need a simple explanation
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by fodukes: 10:33am On Mar 09, 2018
TONY56:

You really tried. But if they don't do it, don't talk to any other staff of the bank and just go straight to see the Branch manager and tell him or her that you want to know the processes of moving all your money to another bank and you will be asked why.

Then tell the manager that your account officer and the TB officers are conspiring against you and you want to move your money to Stambic or First Bank.

I bet you, the manager and all the staff will beg and apologise to you and everything will be done right there and your account debited immediately.

My guess is that you will be told that it was not successful by the time you get there today.

They simply want to delay the movement of your money to Treasury bills to boost your account officer''s target.

Bros you are right on point. As at 9:30pm yesterday my account officer, the big headed woman sent me a text saying my subscription was not successful, the treasury bill team was not able to complete my request because the portal was down, that I’m on que for today. Well I’m on my way to the bank and then go hail, I’m gonna make sure they don’t do anything for one hour. I can actually move my funds to other banks and get it done, but for this particular subscription - na Gtbak go do weda dem like am or not.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 11:50am On Mar 09, 2018
Iammelvin:
lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pharmtj: 11:52am On Mar 09, 2018
fodukes:

Bros you are right on point. As at 9:30pm yesterday my account officer, the big headed woman sent me a text saying my subscription was not successful, the treasury bill team was not able to complete my request because the portal was down, that I’m on que for today. Well I’m on my way to the bank and then go hail, I’m gonna make sure they don’t do anything for one hour. I can actually move my funds to other banks and get it done, but for this particular subscription - na Gtbak go do weda dem like am or not.
just keep us updated, thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by TONY56: 2:15pm On Mar 09, 2018
Iammelvin:

Yes it's long but that's what it takes to be able to master it without rushing back to the thread to ask severally answered questions every now and then.

I went through it too and remember the proverb that says "the pot that intends to cook soup should be ready to get its buttocks hot".

We are talking about money here and if you are not well vast in this TB and you take a plunge, you may regret it and the wolves in the banks will also capitalize on it and frustrate you. So "a stich in time saves nine".

There's no point rushing to invest my dear brother. Take time to read the previous threads and digest them first and like I used to tell people, you will NEVER regret doing so.

I wish you the very best.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Odunharry(m): 3:02pm On Mar 09, 2018
NL1960:

In case you need backup, i dey here. Just 30% commission of the upfront interest is enough for me. grin cheesy
LOL..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Infinitisi(m): 4:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
Did you draw rain at the bank as promised cheesy

fodukes:

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Chienex24(m): 4:40pm On Mar 09, 2018
WhiteChocolate:
I got 13% for 62 days at secondary market from Stanbic IBTC on 02/02/2018.

Pls how much did you use to buy? Because I am planning on buying but i am with only a paltry sum of 450k....

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (2240) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.