Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,007 members, 7,817,971 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (532) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4441566 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 2:42pm On Jun 22, 2018
GODAKPAN:

Continuous savings and partial compounding. Still depends on how much you save in a year. And I realized that the more the investment, the more the profit and the more the savings. You will only have to sacrifice your comfort at the initial two years. Mind you, this applies to monthly earners with steady salary. Plan your retirement from the day you start working and you will definitely not spend half of your life time working for others.

Please what is the amount to start with to become a billionaire?. The document you posted is not clear.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 22, 2018
NL1960:

Please what is the amount to start with to become a billionaire?. The document you posted is not clear.

Personal, but have said it over here that am a salary earner and so I invest monthly, wrapping the investments annually. My entire earnings are invested except my wife's allowances. I use only the interest to run around. With steady investment u tend to earn more than your salary at a point and your investment doubles and later triple and so on. I failed to also let people know that being a billionaire from savings depends on two things: amount saved and number of years.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:00pm On Jun 22, 2018
GODAKPAN:

Personal, but have said it over here that am a salary earner and so I invest monthly, wrapping the investments annually. My entire earnings are invested except my wife's allowances. I use only the interest to run around. With steady investment u tend to earn more than your salary at a point and your investment doubles and later triple and so on. I failed to also let people know that being a billionaire from savings depends on two things: amount saved and number of years.

I know it is personal. You can give a range for people to learn from. Lack of financial education is a big problem in this country. Many people do not have the patience and discipline for it. I recently sent what i do monthly to somebody as iam a salary earner and he was shocked.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 3:12pm On Jun 22, 2018
GODAKPAN:

U can become a billionaire from savings, it depends on how much you save. I drew a 20yrs plan to become a billionaire from savings and remain richer ever after.

Interesting...at what Interest rates are you calculating this and at what Principal to start with for a young Entry worker graduate staff of First bank Plc who earns about 120k monthly.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 22, 2018
feelamong:

Interesting...at what Interest rates are you calculating this and at what Principal to start with for a young Entry worker graduate staff of First bank Plc who earns about 120k monthly.

grin

I just did a rough calculation, it will take an initial principal of 10m, a monthly addition of 1m at a compounding rate of 12 percent to make 1bn in 20 years.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jun 22, 2018
rationalmind:

grin

I just did a rough calculation, it will take an initial principal of 10m, a monthly addition of 1m at a compounding rate of 12 percent to make 1bn in 20 years.
What about me that have 120k grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 22, 2018
WhichKindWahala:

You can also make it, will take you 59 years grin

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
rationalmind:

You can also make it, will take you 59 years grin
cheesy smiley
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2018
WhichKindWahala:

MMM will be best for you. grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:36pm On Jun 22, 2018
NL1960:

I know it is personal. You can give a range for people to learn from. Lack of financial education is a big problem in this country. Many people do not have the patience and discipline for it. I recently sent what i do monthly to somebody as iam a salary earner and he was shocked.
not possible cos even if you compound 35 m yearly for 20 years this will amount to 532 m by 2039 ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:44pm On Jun 22, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
not possible cos even if you compound 35 m yearly for 20 years this will amount to 532 m by 2039 ....

Fear catch me o.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by talktrue1(m): 3:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
Please lets not derail this topic. Someone can create another topic for comparing real estate and treasury bill. Mod take note
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 3:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
NL1960:

Fear catch me o.
why fear is possible it might take 34 -40 years if u invest around 50 m today at 15 for 35 years....but how many people get 35 m from salary saving ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 3:54pm On Jun 22, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
why fear is possible it might take 34 -40 years if u invest around 50 m today at 15 for 35 years....but how many people get 35 m from salary saving ??

I just did a simulation as follows:

Beginning Amount - 0.00

Rate(%) - 15%

Term - 20 years

Deposit Frequency - Monthly

Ending Amount - 1,000,000,000.00 (N1B)

Amount Deposit at every month - unknown

The calculation gave me a monthly deposit of about 670k which is about 8.0m yearly.

How many people earn 8m yearly?.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 22, 2018
NL1960:

Average of 25m annually but with time you save up-to 100m and even 300m depending on your capital
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 22, 2018
feelamong:

I did the calculations with 15%, your dream should be driven by your capital but if you insist on billionaire hood then you will spend more years saving. Contentment comes from within

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:10pm On Jun 22, 2018
NL1960:

I just did a simulation as follows:

Beginning Amount - 0.00

Rate(%) - 15%

Term - 20 years

Deposit Frequency - Monthly

Ending Amount - 1,000,000,000.00 (N1B)

Amount Deposit at every month - ?

The calculation gave me a monthly deposit of about 670k which is about 8.0m yearly.

How many people earn 8m yearly?.

pls check ur calculation again even at that it will not about to 1 bn
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:11pm On Jun 22, 2018
GODAKPAN:

Average of 25m annually but with time you save up-to 100m and even 300m depending on your capital

This is doable but how many people dey earn 25m annually?.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 4:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
pls check ur calculation again even at that it will not about to 1 bn

It will. I have a financial application written by us that i use and also compare with google.

I do not know if i can post the link to the google search i use here as i do not know if it will earn a ban.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 22, 2018
[quote author=ahiboilandgas post=68720547]not possible cos even if you compound 35 m yearly for 20 years this will amount to 532 m by 2039 ....[/quote.]

Go through the rough sheet I attached. It's private but for people that will doubted I added that pic. Ask questions where you wish so I clear doubts. U keep saving every year for the 20yrs and mind you, you are also making huge profit from the investment while still getting your salary. It's not my job to convince you but I have an obligation to enlighten because I benefited slot from information from here. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 4:37pm On Jun 22, 2018
[quote author=GODAKPAN post=68721751][/quote]any how it depend on how much u earn and make...i used 35 m investment for 20 year but if it an investment of 70 m compounded at 15 yearly with zero additional it will amount to 1 bn ......but how many salary earner have 35 or 70 m saving ...may be guys in multinational oil coy in managerial portion with age of 38 above ....
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ozymes: 5:32pm On Jun 22, 2018
Please attach the sheet again[quote author=GODAKPAN post=68721751][/quote]
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 22, 2018
ozymes:
Please attach the sheet again

its on page 530, one page behind
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oceannaagent: 7:25pm On Jun 22, 2018
In Oceanna , for Sole ownership investment scheme, a Studio Apartment goes for N75.45 m with a 29% ROI yearly which could be more depending or during especially festive period.

Going by this I can say reaching my desired target of investment returns will be easier.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Oceannaagent: 7:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:46pm On Jun 22, 2018
feelamong:

I saw you viewing earlier today. Great you didn't just leave without dropping a post. I mean it's great to hear from you sir.

About this 20yr 1bn discussion,

First, I want to say that compound interest works some crazy magic.

2m initial investment with a monthly addition of 200k compounded at 12% pa will amount to 220m in 20 years.
By the same token, 9m initial investment with a monthly addition of 900k amounts to 990m within thesame timeframe.

However, there will still be currency devaluation, bargain prices for stocks, as wells as above 20% T-bills yields within these 20 years, because markets are in cycles. Getting it right with any of these opportunities would greatly amplify the end result. It could exceed 2bn eventually.

There was recession in 2016 and part of 2017 yet banks made record profits, from the opportunities I mentioned above. Timing is really key to investments!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 8:51am On Jun 23, 2018
awesomeJ:

I saw you viewing earlier today. Great you didn't just leave without dropping a post. I mean it's great to hear from you sir.

About this 20yr 1bn discussion,

First, I want to say that compound interest works some crazy magic.

2m initial investment with a monthly addition of 200k compounded at 12% pa will amount to 220m in 20 years.
By the same token, 9m initial investment with a monthly addition of 900k amounts to 990m within thesame timeframe.

However, there will still be currency devaluation, bargain prices for stocks, as wells as above 20% T-bills yields within these 20 years, because markets are in cycles. Getting it right with any of these opportunities would greatly amplify the end result. It could exceed 2bn eventually.

There was recession in 2016 and part of 2017 yet banks made record profits, from the opportunities I mentioned above. Timing is really key to investments!

Awesome calculation and a very sound review. First I don't know about most of the guyz here but in 20yrs driving a lambo with probably my walking stick may not interest me, Savings and compounding interest maybe a sure thing but too slow for my liking, and like u mentioned devaluation of the naira and other unforseen events could affect expected returns.

What we should concentrate on ,is on the best strategy to save and compound interest,at whatever initial capital we can afford and see where it takes us. And also explore other ideas in real estate and other possible investments that may churn out money faster.

@awesomej I am very bad with calculations but how much would I save in 20yrs if I have an initial capital of 10m today with a monthly savings of 300k. @ a minimum interest rate of 11% in TB.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2018
zamirikpo:

Awesome calculation and a very sound review. First I don't know about most of the guyz here but in 20yrs driving a lambo with probably my walking stick may not interest me, Savings and compounding interest maybe a sure thing but too slow for my liking, and like u mentioned devaluation of the naira and other unforseen events could affect expected returns.

What we should concentrate on ,is on the best strategy to save and compound interest,at whatever initial capital we can afford and see where it takes us. And also explore other ideas in real estate and other possible investments that may churn out money faster.

@awesomej I am very bad with calculations but how much would I save in 20yrs if I have an initial capital of 10m today with a monthly savings of 300k. @ a minimum interest rate of 11% in TB.
hmm 20 years some niggas called my kids might just be smiling to hit the jack pot will i will be visting hospital...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fxmanager(m): 9:43am On Jun 23, 2018
Follow the link below to learn how you can turn your #1,000,000 to #304,000,000+ in 60 months (5years) investing with us.

If you plug in #4million investing with us at an average 10%+ monthly return to investors after deduction of performance fees, you will earn up with #1.2billion+.

Our trading strategy has been tested for more than 5years now. Tested in our private capacity for more than 4years, ran a demo account journal here for 7 months, which we had to take down, due to criticism from interested investors that we were running a demo account and the fact that it was expensive, running it in a demo account without any gain. Today we are currently running a real/live account currency portfolio/fund management and trading journal with a target of an average 10%+ monthly to investors after deduction of performance fees. The link below links you to the journal.

What determine the strength of a trading strategy is, short average trade time (not exposing the trading account to market risk), short maximum trade time (not exposing trading account to market risk), high pip expectancy ( the ability of the trading strategy to handle large funds under management).

This is what you need to check in our trading statistics from myfxbook. Check the average trade time under 2hrs, maximum trade duration under 3hrs, pip expectancy of +12 (even if the pip expectancy should be +3), with us trading exclusively the major currencies of the world (not cryptocurrencies). Comb the entire myfxbook, even any currency trading statistics in the entire world, you will never find such trader/trading team like ours or trading statistics like our own trading statistics, with such trader/trading team, trading exclusively the world major currencies (EUR, USD, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD, AUD, and NZD).

From the above, you should deduce that our trading strategy has a very low capacity constraint (the ability to handle large funds under management). It will surprise you to know that our trading strategy can handle millions of dollars, if not billions. We want to use this opportunity to inform you that we welcome high net worth individuals and institutional investors like banks, pension funds, insurance companies to take advantage of this opportunity.

https://www.nairaland.com/4565912/real-account-currency-trading-journal#68569164

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Fxmanager(m): 9:56am On Jun 23, 2018
zamirikpo:

Follow the link below to learn how you can turn your #1,000,000 to #304,000,000+ in 60 months (5years) investing with us.

If you plug in #4million investing with us at an average 10%+ monthly return to investors after deduction of performance fees, you will earn up with #1.2billion+.

Our trading strategy has been tested for more than 5years now. Tested in our private capacity for more than 4years, ran a demo account journal here for 7 months, which we had to take down, due to criticism from interested investors that we were running a demo account and the fact that it was expensive, running it in a demo account without any gain. Today we are currently running a real/live account currency portfolio/fund management and trading journal with a target of an average 10%+ monthly to investors after deduction of performance fees. The link below links you to the journal.

What determine the strength of a trading strategy is, short average trade time (not exposing the trading account to market risk), short maximum trade time (not exposing trading account to market risk), high pip expectancy ( the ability of the trading strategy to handle large funds under management).

This is what you need to check in our trading statistics from myfxbook. Check the average trade time under 2hrs, maximum trade duration under 3hrs, pip expectancy of +12 (even if the pip expectancy should be +3), with us trading exclusively the major currencies of the world (not cryptocurrencies). Comb the entire myfxbook, even any currency trading statistics in the entire world, you will never find such trader/trading team like ours or trading statistics like our own trading statistics, with such trader/trading team, trading exclusively the world major currencies (EUR, USD, GBP, JPY, CHF, CAD, AUD, and NZD).

From the above, you should deduce that our trading strategy has a very low capacity constraint (the ability to handle large funds under management). It will surprise you to know that our trading strategy can handle millions of dollars, if not billions. We want to use this opportunity to inform you that we welcome high net worth individuals and institutional investors like banks, pension funds, insurance companies to take advantage of this opportunity.

https://www.nairaland.com/4565912/real-account-currency-trading-journal#68569164

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 10:02am On Jun 23, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
hmm 20 years some niggas called my kids might just be smiling to hit the jack pot will i will be visting hospital...
lol
Our kids will benefit most from the 20 years investment plan.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 10:10am On Jun 23, 2018
Agbaletu:

lol
Our kids will benefit most from the 20 years investment plan.
i want to benefit the most ....kids should hustle up too...no free mana

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) (535) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.