Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,428 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:19 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (592) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4644249 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:48am On Oct 17, 2018
lancee:
https://punchng.com/siblings-in-forex-scam-as-3500-investors-demand-n2bn-deposits/

Newbies on this forum ..pls stick to fed govt tbills rates..Do not risk your hard earned money cos of difference of 2 to 5 percent ..If u do not know much about the companies don't risk it ..Most won't even tell you some of tbe businesses they re into .. This is naija but u can always minimize ur risk ..Thanks
funny this is happening about same time as mm..m...

Too bad..

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 3:59am On Oct 17, 2018
Grupo:
Many people on this thread are so rude. The time and energy they use in typing insults and saying things like, "read previous pages" can be enough to answer a simple YES/NO question. Mtcheew.
Warren Buffet Says :"
Don't invest in anything that you do not know very well and understand."

If you don't study the previous pages, how will you learn this investment medium?

I read more than 150 pages when I found this thread in January 2017.
Just reading other people's experiences will teach you so much.

This thread changed my mindset about investing and today, I have joined the program after studying it for over 18 months!

Don't cheat yourself, read. Or the white men will be right again.

"if you want to hide something from Africans, put it in a book" remember that?

Good luck!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by condomuser: 8:34am On Oct 17, 2018
[s]
Mfunkynation:

Next time.... Don't struggle with your keyboard to quote what you don't understand...
Did I complain about dividing by 100?[s][/s]

The response was for the person who posed a question and not for you. I am not the reason for your problems grin

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 9:54am On Oct 17, 2018
condomuser:
[s]

The response was for the person who posed a question and not for you. I am not the reason for your problems grin
then why did you qoute me instead of her! accept your error and move on...
did i tell you i have a problem?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2018
IHelp:

Don't be too quick to blame anyone. Sometimes you get angry answering the same question over and over. Especially when it has been answered recently. Some people even repeat a question that has been answered on the same page.

Thanks BOSS, exactly my thought. Some one has posted TB excel calculator and which to me is working perfectly just input the parameters and one time you get your final answre, yet many still ask from time to time on how to callculate the returns. If you tell such a person to read previous pages my ogas in the house is that an insult or an act of being rude?

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Moses247(m): 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2018
aremso:

Thanks BOSS, exactly my thought. Some one has posted TB excel calculator and which to me is working perfectly just input the parameters and one time you get your final answre, yet many still ask from time to time on how to callculate the returns. If you tell such a person to read previous pages my ogas in the house is that an insult or an act of being rude?

d calculator pls?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by aremso(m): 2:34pm On Oct 17, 2018
Moses247:

d calculator pls?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Akerewe(m): 3:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
after moving my funds to access bank, stanbic started begging me with juice rates like 12.3% for 30days, 11.99% for 122days then I consider dem nd got my tb at secondary market with stanbic. but while moving my funfds I got debited of #1 per 1000 on current account which really pain me but at last iw was successful. my account officer is now calling me nd deceiving my calls woth enthusiasts after taken a bold step, dey succumbed. thanks to the guru in d house

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by KpagoGIN(m): 3:37pm On Oct 17, 2018
Akerewe:
after moving my funds to access bank, stanbic started begging me with juice rates like 12.3% for 30days, 11.99% for 122days then I consider dem nd got my tb at secondary market with stanbic. but while moving my funfds I got debited of #1 per 1000 on current account which really pain me but at last iw was successful. my account officer is now calling me nd deceiving my calls woth enthusiasts after taken a bold step, dey succumbed. thanks to the guru in d house
Welcome to the trade........strangely you would be the first have noticed following this thread having such with Stanbic, anyways your actions paid off.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by sunvick(m): 3:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
Does anyone have idea what the bidding rate is today for primary market
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by hollerbaby: 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2018
So I did secondary market at stanbic yesterday 11.95 % 122days maturing Feb 14. They had 30.days at 12.5%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 17, 2018
I did 1.2m for 60 days and got interest of just 31k. Is something wrong? Or re there banks that can pay higher?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
I did 1.2m for 60 days and got interest of just 31k. Is something wrong? Or are there banks that can pay higher?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 6:59pm On Oct 17, 2018
hollerbaby:
So I did secondary market at stanbic yesterday 11.95 % 122days maturing Feb 14. They had 30.days at 12.5%
what! 30 days @ 12.5%... what a short sweet deal... if na fbn i would just grab it...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 7:01pm On Oct 17, 2018
LadyBeee:
I did 1.2m for 60 days and got interest of just 31k. Is something wrong? Or are there banks that can pay higher?
short tenor(days) = small interest
longer tenor(days) = big interest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
dipoolowoo:
One-Year T-Bills Shed 0.08% as Money Market Rates Jump to 42.12%
https://www.businesspost.ng/2018/10/16/one-year-t-bills-shed-0-08-as-money-market-rates-jump-to-42-12/
How come this post was ignored...?
Is 42.12% feasible...?
Or is it a typo error..?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mosky47: 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2018
Wow.

So, they gave a higher rate for 30 days than 122 days?

hollerbaby:
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:05pm On Oct 17, 2018
Gavrelino123:

How come this post was ignored...?
Is 42.12% feasible...?
Or is it a typo error..?

I think no one paid attention to it because that 42% is for some other kind of investment (open buy back I guess), and this thread is for treasury bills lol.

Correct me ooo if I wrong lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by HenryTV: 9:14pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 10:33pm On Oct 17, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 5:04am On Oct 18, 2018
Good morning bosses,

pls

I invested #1.1million in t bills secondary market for 110 days at 10.9%, my investment shud mature by December 27th dis year ..

I want to terminate my investment before matures, so ma question is aw do I calculate the amount dat will be deducted from ma capital cos I terminated before maturity ??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 5:15am On Oct 18, 2018
n pls bosses ..

for example,

if I request for termination of investment today, aw many days will d process require before ma capital drops in ma account ..??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 18, 2018
THE ONLY REASON WE ARE HAVING THIS MUCH VOLUME, UP TO 592 PAGES IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF REPTITION. IF YOU ARE ASKED TO READ PEVIOUS PAGES, DONT BE SCARED OR ANGRY, U MIGHT NOT READ UPTO 15 PAGES BEFORE BECOMING A GURU. BEFORE YOU ASK ANY QUESTION, TELL US HOW MANY PAGES YOU HAVE READ. AM NOT QUOTING ANYBODY BECAUSE I DONT WANT INSULTS ESPECIALLY THIS WEEK THAT I DONT HAVE MONEY TO INVEST.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 6:22am On Oct 18, 2018
shocked
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 7:08am On Oct 18, 2018
Ikmontana1:
n pls bosses ..

for example,

if I request for termination of investment today, aw many days will d process require before ma capital drops in ma account ..??
spoiler alert... If you terminate it, you wont get back your exact 1.1M back. thats the ugly truth
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ikmontana1: 7:15am On Oct 18, 2018
Mfunkynation:

spoiler alert... If you terminate it, you wont get back your exact 1.1M back. thats the ugly truth
yh I no boss,
jus want to know aw much I will be losing, cos I really need some cash ..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mmadu111: 8:16am On Oct 18, 2018
First bank is yet to credit my TB investment principal that matured today. Unlike Firstbank.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DInkMan(m): 8:23am On Oct 18, 2018
MssRose:
Please my people, Any information about this week's auction? Stanbic has not debited me. Who else invested with stanbic this week

If it is successful, you will be debited/credited before close of business today or latest Friday morning.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by MssRose(f): 8:33am On Oct 18, 2018
y.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 9:04am On Oct 18, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Etfash(m): 9:08am On Oct 18, 2018
Barrytone:
THE ONLY REASON WE ARE HAVING THIS MUCH VOLUME, UP TO 592 PAGES IS SIMPLY BECAUSE OF REPTITION. IF YOU ARE ASKED TO READ PEVIOUS PAGES, DONT BE SCARED OR ANGRY, U MIGHT NOT READ UPTO 15 PAGES BEFORE BECOMING A GURU. BEFORE YOU ASK ANY QUESTION, TELL US HOW MANY PAGES YOU HAVE READ. AM NOT QUOTING ANYBODY BECAUSE I DONT WANT INSULTS ESPECIALLY THIS WkEEK THAT I DONT HAVE MONEY TO INVEST.

Another way to make things easy is by giving a concise introduction and how to of Tbills. The post can be rebroadcast on regular basis or we refer newbies to the post from time to time.

Anyone who has above average understanding of the investment can help put up the write up, if not, I could when I become less busy today.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 9:18am On Oct 18, 2018
hollerbaby:

See money for valentine's day. cheesy grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) ... (2264) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.