Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4447021 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Gavrelino123:

That's a brilliant one...
But what would have to say about the purchasing power of our Naira..?
What if naira depreciates to 450/a Dollar and you have just suscribed a TB of 364 days..?.....what are your likely concern on this..?
Won't it affect the purchasing power of your TB.?
The illustration Below displays my intent..
10,000,000 for 364 days @ the rate of 15%=1,500,000 (excludes the residual bank charge)

Remember,10,000,000 is synonymous to= 10,000,000/364=27,472.53 Dollars(Presently)

10,000,000/450=22,222.22

27,472.53 - 22,222.22=5,250.31

5,250.31 * 450= 2,363,638.49

2,363,638.49 - 1,500,000(tb interest)=862,638.49(loss)
Hence,450-364=96
Naira losts 96 points.
Naira could be Better,Stable or depreciate negatively to the USD!!!!!
What is your take on this..?

Don't care about much, only interest is becoming a billionaire. Started working at 35yrs and I have 25yrs plan making me 60yrs at maturity. All I want is a billion naira to cater for my old age. Just access basic needs and not importing things. I love cars, as long as my TBills interest can buy a car every year, my old age is fun. Thanks for your concern.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tetula123(m): 10:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Just2endowed2:

How much did you invest and what rate and duration
#500000 ..being new I was asking him what rate would be given he said he doesnt know.. duration is for 91 days
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:38am On Nov 29, 2018
Barrytone:

Don't care about much, only interest is becoming a billionaire. Started working at 35yrs and I have 25yrs plan making me 60yrs at maturity. All I want is a billion naira to cater for my old age. Just access basic needs and not importing things. I love cars, as long as my TBills interest can buy a car every year, my old age is fun. Thanks for your concern.
It's all good..!!
I'm always meticulous in everything i do;, including investment analysis..!!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Gavrelino123: 12:44am On Nov 29, 2018
[quote author=lancee post=73383981][/quote] Thanks bro,you are far too kind....kindly keep me updated on this....!

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 1:54am On Nov 29, 2018
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 3:05am On Nov 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
u can still drive a Mercedes 2012 it very ok and lease a range when their an outing.....am spending part of my interest to enjoy my life ooh my friend just died around 2012 and his family sold his house for 145m and blew the money ...the rent was around 7 m.yearly ..he hustled till death driving a 190 Benz and a pickup didt enjoy his money....this brothers and kid bought 5 latest cars 2 years after his death with his money....other move abroad

Not my business sha but didn't he have a wife and maybe children that his brothers sold his house and spent his money?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Internetboy: 3:22am On Nov 29, 2018
Is it better to reinvest the upfront interest rate, use it to buy dollar or use the upfront interest as daily expenses because you must spend money daily.

Which is more economically wise.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 3:30am On Nov 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Example of diversification is if u pit 10m in tb and earn 1.5 m for 365 u can buy some euro like 1000 for 410 and put in dorm account at 2 percent ,then buy land of 750k ,then use then reinvest the remain in mmf etc

Where will you see land of 750K?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 3:42am On Nov 29, 2018
bendo75:

I will not repeat the mistakes of my parents and grandparents.

Just out of curiousity, your extended relatives like uncles wanted to have a share of what they did not earn, or just your siblings that fought over your parents' properties?
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:09am On Nov 29, 2018
speedyconnect3:

People hide such details at times because of
1. An evil woman, who may want to kill you and easily take all.

2. An ungrateful woman who upon knowing of your account balances will not appreciate whatever is given to her or may want you to squander all on enjoyments.

I know my uncles fate.

3. The one whose boyfriend would advice her to kill you so you are no longer in their way to have all your money.

As much as we all want and pray for a loyal partner, you never can tell what people are up to. Ask people whose spouses betrayed them; some of them will tell you they loved and trusted their spouse 100%. As long as you do not have some superpowers to know what someone is thinking, please you can never be 100% certain of your spouse. On that note, pleaseee wife or no wife, she's not knowing my passwords etc. I will have a will that would have everything willed to her and my child(ren) but I ain't taking the chance to have a woman kill me for money. Come to think of it; you're setting her up for temptation, so DON'T. Money makes people do things they would not ordinarily do.

Sorry o for long post lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 4:15am On Nov 29, 2018
speedyconnect3:

People hide such details at times because of
1. An evil woman, who may want to kill you and easily take all.

2. An ungrateful woman who upon knowing of your account balances will not appreciate whatever is given to her or may want you to squander all on enjoyments.

I know my uncles fate.

Just to highlight your second point, I am the only one in my family that has an idea of how much is in my father's account. He earns 300,000 Naira monthly, or so he says (although his pay slips says the same but anyone can manufacture a pay slip lol). Anyways he gave me his phone the other day and I went through his emails. I was shocked to see the bank alerts he had gotten. Dude has over 415 million in fixed deposits. My point is, he uses this "300,000 thousand" monthly salary as excuse not to satisfy my step mothers excessive want for luxuries. Be wise!

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 5:48am On Nov 29, 2018
ositadima1:

I am not wasting any of my rockets on you, chicken.

In this age, power is no longer measured by physical strength, but by financial aptitude - who makes the most money gets to wear the pants.

I know it scares you, but as time goes on smarter women will be making more money than their partners, that is capitalism my friend, suck it up.

You are not making any sense. When did Zina imply in any way that he was against women making money? If anything he even attacked someone for airing their views that women should not make money but rather be submissive to their husbands and only be useful in "the other room". So I repeat, you sir are not making any sense
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speedyconnect3: 6:24am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

Just to highlight your second point, I am the only one in my family that has an idea of how much is in my father's account. He earns 300,000 Naira monthly, or so he says. But the day he gave me his phone and I went through his emails, I was shocked to see the bank alerts he had gotten. Dude has over 415 million in fixed deposits. My point is, he uses this "300,000 thousand" monthly salary as excuse not to satisfy my step mothers excessive want for luxuries. Be wise!

415m in fixed deposit?

O boy.
Does he work with "Money PLC" sad

But compare with having that money in TB.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speedyconnect3: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

3. The one whose boyfriend would advice her to kill you so you are no longer in their way to have all your money.

As much as we all want and pray for a loyal partner, you never can tell what people are up to. Ask people whose spouses betrayed them; some of them will tell you they loved and trusted their spouse 100%. As long as you do not have some superpowers to know what someone is thinking, please you can never be 100% certain of your spouse. On that note, pleaseee wife or no wife, she's not knowing my passwords etc. I will have a will that would have everything willed to her and my child(ren) but I ain't taking the chance to have a woman kill me for money. Come to think of it; you're setting her up for temptation, so DON'T. Money makes people do things they would not ordinarily do.

Leave that man saying " love this love that like a sissy, as if others are not caring or loving.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by donshady(m): 6:49am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

There's no way I can trust any woman. Even my father advised me that if I have 1million I should tell my wife I have 50thousand. For my father to tell me that, he knows what he's saying. .. I met him on earth.. To all of you who wants to tell your Wife everything, be Ready to pack up anytime

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2018
speedyconnect3:

415m in fixed deposit?

O boy.
Does he work with "Money PLC" sad

But compare with having that money in TB.

Believe me I'm thinking of introducing him to this tbills stuff. Although he did get 18% in his fixed deposit, but he should see reason with me once I tell him that even with a lower interest in tbills, he could reinvest that interest, and still reinvest the interest from the reinvested interest. That way he's making more from compounded 14% interest, than just waiting for one year for 18% interest
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BiafraIShere(m): 6:53am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

Just to highlight your second point, I am the only one in my family that has an idea of how much is in my father's account. He earns 300,000 Naira monthly, or so he says. But the day he gave me his phone and I went through his emails, I was shocked to see the bank alerts he had gotten. Dude has over 415 million in fixed deposits. My point is, he uses this "300,000 thousand" monthly salary as excuse not to satisfy my step mothers excessive want for luxuries. Be wise!

How was he able to save up such humongous amount of money with 300k monthly salary? Was he into politics? Contract? Or some other money spinning ventures?? I'm just being curious...
Yes, I quite agree with you that one can't blindly trust another 100%, at least not in this present generation that has been turned into a theatre of absurdities. Where brothers, fathers, mothers are betraying one another not to talk of a total stranger who grew up in a completely different background from yours but later got married to you.

Please has anyone gotten notification for yesterday's TBills investment??

I'm yet to get any and the last alert I got for a payment showed that my money is still in tact. I just hope these guys at Zenith has'nt failed to invest my 1.6 million I gave them instruction to invest for 91 days because it's not going to be funny at all and I will take it out with them if they fail to do so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 6:58am On Nov 29, 2018
BiafraIShere:

How was he able to save up such humongous amount of money with 300k monthly salary? Was he into politics? Contract? Or some other money spinning ventures?? I'm just being curious...
Yes, I quite agree with you that one can't blindly trust another 100%, at least not in this present generation that has been turned into a theatre of absurdities. Where brothers, fathers, mothers are betraying one another not to talk of a total stranger who grew up in a completely different background from yours but later got married to you.

Please has anyone notification for yesterday's TBills investment??

I'm gonna guess by wisely investing his monthly 300k. Where there is the will, there is always a way.

I will give you an example. A land he bought for 400,000 years ago was priced for 45 million last year. He has other lands which not even my step mum knows of, so I'm gonna guess if he bought numerous lands at 400k then, do the maths and see how much he would make by selling those lands at 45M now. He's a very wise land investor.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by BiafraIShere(m): 7:02am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

I'm gonna guess by wisely investing his monthly 300k. Where there is the will, there is always a way.

Wow, that's really amazing!
Does it mean yours truly can have similar amount of savings in no distant time since my earnings are equally in the same region and I'm still relatively young and single....

Just thinking aloud grin grin
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 7:11am On Nov 29, 2018
BiafraIShere:

Wow, that's really amazing!
Does it mean yours truly can have similar amount of savings in no distant time since my earnings are equally in the same region and I'm still relatively young and single....

Just thinking aloud grin grin

You would see that I later modified my response to add a few things. If yours truly can strategically buy numerous pieces of lands here and there for x amount, yours truly could sell those lands in no distant time. Emphasis on strategically. Eg a land my dad bought for chicken change of 400,000 Naira in 2004 is now being priced at 45 million Naira.

While his mates were busy squandering their own money, he was busy investing it. So to the young ones on this page, first of all you have taken the right first step by even being on this page/thread. It shows you're thinking farther than most of your mates. But please don't argue with your elders here cool Don't squander your money foolishly (in fact, there is no wise way to squander money so don't squander your money at all). Always think about your tomorrow and remember that it is tomorrow that matters, not today.

I'm gonna end this very long motivational speech with this piece: you don't have to earn a million Naira monthly to have, say 415 million Naira in your bank account in x years time. If the will is there, you would most certainly find the way.

Cheers.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by speedyconnect3: 7:19am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

He had 18% rate. So he's getting a better deal in fixed deposit than tb

Bank fixed deposit? 18%
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 7:25am On Nov 29, 2018
speedyconnect3:

Bank fixed deposit? 18%

I saw that coming. I guess when you invest a certain amount, you're able to twist the rates. So YES bank fixed deposits 18% wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ositadima1(m): 7:49am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

You are not making any sense. When did Zina imply in any way that he was against women making money? If anything he even attacked someone for airing their views that women should not make money but rather be submissive to their husbands and only be useful in "the other room". So I repeat, you sir are not making any sense

I believe this is a T.bills thread, let's stick to the point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 7:54am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

You would see that I later modified my response to add a few things. If yours truly can strategically buy numerous pieces of lands here and there for x amount, yours truly could sell those lands in no distant time. Emphasis on strategically. Eg a land my dad bought for chicken change of 400,000 Naira in 2004 is now being priced at 45 million Naira.

While his mates were busy squandering their own money, he was busy investing it. So to the young ones on this page, first of all you have taken the right first step by even being on this page/thread. It shows you're thinking farther than most of your mates. But please don't argue with your elders here cool Don't squander your money foolishly (in fact, there is no wise way to squander money so don't squander your money at all). Always think about your tomorrow and remember that it is tomorrow that matters, not today.

I'm gonna end this very long motivational speech with this piece: you don't have to earn a million Naira monthly to have, say 415 million Naira in your bank account in x years time. If the will is there, you would most certainly find the way.

Cheers.
really ?what area was land for 400 k in 2005 now 45m ? Cos must premium land in lekki ,phase 1 and wuse abuja where in 7 m range in 2005 , also was your dad earning 300 k in 2005 till now 2018 , for 13 years on same salary he didn't have any expense ?also didn't he sell all his land put in fixed deposits to get 450m cos to save 450 he needs to save 300 k for over 100 years ....out of curiosity why will a person having fixed deposits of 450m on 18 percent still work for 300 k? While will a man earning 85m per annum meaning his one month investment income is more than his annual working wage ...finally no bank gives 18 percent that can accommodate 450m fixed deposits..

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by wura2020: 8:46am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

Where will you see land of 750K?

Which bank pays interest on domiciliary account. I am interested.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 8:49am On Nov 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
really ?what area was land for 400 k in 2005 now 45m ? Cos must premium land in lekki ,phase 1 and wuse abuja where in 7 m range in 2005 , also was your dad earning 300 k in 2005 till now 2018 , for 13 years on same salary he didn't have any expense ?also didn't he sell all his land put in fixed deposits to get 450m cos to save 450 he needs to save 300 k for over 100 years ....out of curiosity why will a person having fixed deposits of 450m on 18 percent still work for 300 k? While will a man earning 85m per annum meaning his one month investment income is more than his annual working wage ...finally no bank gives 18 percent that can accommodate 450m fixed deposits..

I live in Port Harcourt. As for why he's still working, well, ever heard the saying "do what you love and never have to work"? Although he is now retired, the man no gree retire o. He spinned his company for about 8 years before they finally outsmarted and retired him. And as for how a 400k land in 2004 is now priced at 45m, I'm surprised you're even asking that. Don't you know that an area can develop so much that people would want to offer you even 100 million for your land? (2004 till now is what, 18 years? That's goddamn enough time for huge development to hit an area). That 100 million is nothing to them compared to what they would make should they acquire that land. That's why I emphasized on strategically, in my previous post, when it comes to buying land. Some people (like my dad I must say) just have the eye to know a place that would be well developed in few years time. Okay enough now lol

Peace!
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jidobaba(m): 8:52am On Nov 29, 2018
BiafraIShere:

Please has anyone gotten notification for yesterday's TBills investment??

I'm yet to get any and the last alert I got for a payment showed that my money is still in tact. I just hope these guys at Zenith has'nt failed to invest my 1.6 million I gave them instruction to invest for 91 days because it's not going to be funny at all and I will take it out with them if they fail to do so.

My gtb accounts officer is trying me. I wrote that I wanted 364 days at best rates. This guy did 358 days at 13.75% or so. And refused to compound/re-invest the upfront interest as I requested.
Are these people doing anyhow because it is secondary market? And obviously there is no way one can reverse it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 8:57am On Nov 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
really ?what area was land for 400 k in 2005 now 45m ? Cos must premium land in lekki ,phase 1 and wuse abuja where in 7 m range in 2005 , also was your dad earning 300 k in 2005 till now 2018 , for 13 years on same salary he didn't have any expense ?also didn't he sell all his land put in fixed deposits to to get 450m cos to save 450 he needs to save 300 k for over 100 years ....out of curiosity why will a person having fixed deposits of 450m on 18 percent still work for 300 k? While will a man earning 85m per annum meaning his one month investment income is more than his annual working wage ...finally no bank gives 18 percent that can accommodate 450m fixed deposits..

Can people read before responding I did not say he had to save his salary to reach that amount. I said he has lands here and there, including one which is now priced at 45M as of last year, and I implied he must have acquired more lands like that over the years. Therefore if he sold x amount of lands that he acquired over the years at say 400-800k each, for say 45M, that's more than enough to make you have 415M in your bank account. Read read please read my post before attacking me

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jidobaba(m): 9:03am On Nov 29, 2018
The way you people go on about these mythical ROIs on lands sef.
Unless your family owns swathes of prime land or you're a Surveyor who gets equity? Tread with caution. Been there, done that.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Yem0350: 9:08am On Nov 29, 2018
Nnamz:

I live in Port Harcourt. As for why he's still working, well, ever heard the saying "do what you love and never have to work"? Although he is now retired, the man no gree retire o. He spinned his company for about 8 years before they finally outsmarted and retired him. And as for how a 400k land in 2004 is now priced at 45m, I'm surprised you're even asking that. Don't you know that an area can develop so much that people would want to offer you even 100 million for your land? (2004 till now is what, 18 years? That's goddamn enough time for huge development to hit an area). That 100 million is nothing to them compared to what they would make should they acquire that land. That's why I emphasized on strategically, in my previous post, when it comes to buying land. Some people (like my dad I must say) just have the eye to know a place that would be well developed in few years time. Okay enough now lol

Peace!
Which bank in Nigeria offers 18% fixed deposit? I want to know.

When did he started earning 300k? Was it 13years ago?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nnamz(m): 9:10am On Nov 29, 2018
Yem0350:

Which bank in Nigeria offers 18% fixed deposit? I want to know.

When did he started earning 300k? Was it 13years ago?

Some questions make me go shocked seriously?? How should I know na? All I know is that he says he makes 300k monthly. Full stop.

As for which bank offers 18%, it was Unity bank if I recall correctly. But make sure you go there with 400 million Naira if you want to wine your mouth and dictate for 18%. They might even pay attention to you, small sha o, if you have like 100 mill wink
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by jidobaba(m): 9:15am On Nov 29, 2018
ahiboilandgas:
Finally, what does he intend to use this 415m and counting for? Since he is not using it to chop life(yet).
Is he trying to take over the world?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (631) (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: unicbabe(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.