Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,548 members, 7,837,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (739) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4468817 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (2234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by drealj: 10:55am On Mar 26, 2019
ClitRaider:
Hi, kindly help a brother. I have a loose 1m, can I do 30 days tenor? Somebody pls write back. thanks.
You will soon lose your money
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 11:18am On Mar 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

Hi, kindly help a brother.
I have a loose 1m, can I do 30 days tenor?
Somebody pls write back.
thanks.

Try mutual funds
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Wright99: 12:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
Treasury bills are treated as safest investment or zero-risk investment, as Government is guaranteeing for payment of both interest and capital. Interest rate of 14% is also very good rate for those securities. The question is only if you have enough money to make such investments
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 2:36pm On Mar 26, 2019
Stanbic Sec rates today:

37 - 9.6%
198 - 12.55%
331 - 12.25%

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Rijo02: 3:13pm On Mar 26, 2019
oludy:
Stanbic Sec rates today:

37 - 9.6%
198 - 12.55%
331 - 12.25%

@Oludy thanks for the daily updates. I actually just got a Stanbic account solely for TB as I noticed Stanbic has nice rates. But the stress for opening a Non-resident account no be here ooo. I hope it works out best at the end.

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by confluence: 3:15pm On Mar 26, 2019
CBN Drops Interest Rates By 50bps To 13.50% - Business - Nairaland

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/26/cbn-cuts-interest-rate-to-13-5/?amp
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dharpzee: 3:55pm On Mar 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

Please tell me more?

MUTUAL FUND IS ANOTHER WAY YOU CAN INVEST YOUR MONEY AND THE RATE IS HIGHER THAN THE T-BILLS RATE, AND MINIMUM PERIOD YOU CAN INVEST YOUR MONEY IS 30DAYS.
PRESENTLY THE RATE FOR MERISTEM MUTUAL FUND IS 11.33%. GIVE ME A CALL IF INTERESTED 08178192374
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Pojomojo: 4:39pm On Mar 26, 2019
My investment philosophy:

1. Do NOT lose money.
2. Principal protection is more important than returns.
3. NEVER invest in a model you do not understand.
4. It’s a marathon; not a sprint.
5. Diversify, diversify, diversify!!!

I am a very conservative investor. Aggressive investors will disagree with some elements of my philosophy, and that's ok.

I happily make slightly lower returns than aggressive investors.

But they sometimes lose money. I NEVER lose money.

It's my viewpoint. Please share yours.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 4:47pm On Mar 26, 2019
confluence:
CBN Drops Interest Rates By 50bps To 13.50% - Business - Nairaland

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/03/26/cbn-cuts-interest-rate-to-13-5/?amp
Chai...this crossed fingers didn't work Oh!

i should "tight yansh"!

15% will be very scarce this year O!

with USA crude hitting higher production
and OPEC (especially Saudi) cutting production ..

oil price ain't looking down right now at all...

hmmm... Which way can we head next, or do we stick with tbills and hope the next CBN gov/Buhari/Fin. Minister makes some real blunder... Lol

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by divinelove(m): 4:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
Rijo02:

@Oludy thanks for the daily updates. I actually just got a Stanbic account solely for TB as I noticed Stanbic has nice rates. But the stress for opening a Non-resident account no be here ooo. I hope it works out best at the end.

what is the minimum amount stanbic accepts for TB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 4:58pm On Mar 26, 2019
RealityShot:

i should "tight yansh"!

hmmm... Which way can we head next, or do we stick with tbills and hope the next CBN gov/Buhari/Fin. Minister makes some real blunder... Lol

I think average yield for this year may not exceed 14%.

We opened this month with $42.3bn in reserves. We're likely to end at $44.3bn or higher, so we can afford to be proud.

Oil prices are also behaving as you've mentioned.

Bonds and mutual funds are available alternatives for the risk averse. Some of us who are more aggressive love equities.

It's important that people take the advice here whenever it's stated that we lock up for long tenors.

I however acknowledge the fact that some of us who locked up earlier have new funds now that need to be placed.

Markets are in cycles

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 26, 2019
RealityShot:

i should "tight yansh"!

capitalism ....
I will never hope or pray for my leaders to make error just because of my profit ...

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

You mean I can get 11% of my capital in 30 day?
please write back.

Do you av an idea wat's Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) is and how it works ? READ more ...

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:05pm On Mar 26, 2019
Rijo02:

GTBank is my only bank at the moment, but they've been acting up as of late. As a fellow Non-Resident, I am thinking of opening another account with either Stanbic or First Bank, especially for Tbill transactions. I ask you and/or other non-resident account holders, which of the banks should I go for, and what was the level of difficulty of opening the account with them from afar? I appreciate your feedback. #OneLove
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 5:14pm On Mar 26, 2019
Realityshot, I forgot to mention.

I want Emefiele to get a second term. I'd like for him to yet be there while we have the transition from an importer to an exporter of refined petroleum products.

Some folks had oil above $100 a barrel, there wasn't much they saved from it. instead we heard reports that as much as $20bn wasn't remitted by the NNPC.

these guys have done quite well with a $70 price regime. so i'd like to see what he'll do with the exchange rate, when fuel imports are no longer in the picture.

It's very likely he gets another term as I am trying to influence things in that direction.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oludy: 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
Rijo02:

I guess the difficult part will be the KYC requirements. I remember someone actually visited my residence to confirm I live there before the account was fully activated.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by GonFreecss1: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2019
awesomeJ:
Realityshot, I forgot to mention.

I want Emefiele to get a second term. I'd like for him to yet be there while we have the transition from an importer to an exporter of refined petroleum products.

Some folks had oil above $100 a barrel, there wasn't much they saved from it. instead we heard reports that as much as $20bn wasn't remitted by the NNPC.

these guys have done quite well with a $70 price regime. so i'd like to see what he'll do with the exchange rate, when fuel imports are no longer in the picture.

It's very likely he gets another term as I am trying to influence things in that direction.

You must be very powerful. How would you influence things in that direction? grin

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 6:25pm On Mar 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

Please tell me more?

Check that link. You will find every information you need to know
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chrisbaxtian(m): 6:30pm On Mar 26, 2019
Pojomojo:
My investment philosophy:

1. Do NOT lose money.
2. Principal protection is more important than returns.
3. NEVER invest in a model you do not understand.
4. It’s a marathon; not a sprint.
5. Diversify, diversify, diversify!!!

I am a very conservative investor. Aggressive investors will disagree with some elements of my philosophy, and that's ok.

I happily make slightly lower returns than aggressive investors.

But they sometimes lose money. I NEVER lose money.

It's my viewpoint. Please share yours.

I wonder where you copied this from?! a good portion of your posts are plagiarized without credit to the original authors!

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 26, 2019
ClitRaider:

You mean I can get 11% of my capital in 30 day?
please write back.

ClitRaider:

From 14 to 13.5%
baba, na only 10% I want.

I said read more... and understand how it works...because if u do.U will knw u cannot get 11% for 30 days and any rate for fixed asset above the MPR likely scam..

I advice u to go through the thread again..

PEACE.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by mayorteeny: 8:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
For anyone converting foreign currency to naira to invest in Treasury bills, how are you mitigating the risk of possible devaluation of the naira by the time your treasury bill investment matures?

Is there away to invest in Nigerian treasury bills in another currency (USD, GBP, EUR) other than naira?

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:12pm On Mar 26, 2019
GonFreecss1:

You must be very powerful. How would you influence things in that direction? grin
spiritually.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 8:37pm On Mar 26, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
the last was 15.6

Pls brother, where and how can I get this bond. Am interested in it
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2019
needful:

Pls brother, where and how can I get this bond. Am interested in it
through banks i think 100 bn is coming up
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by awesomeJ(m): 8:50pm On Mar 26, 2019
Bosses like Unite4real already locked in Sukuk at 16.4%. The rest of us are now hoping for 13%

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 8:53pm On Mar 26, 2019
awesomeJ:
Bosses like Unite4real already locked in Sukuk at 16.4%.
The rest of us are now hoping for 13%
Unite4real is a Prophet, he saw it all, but we thought he had made a mistake by locking up his funds in Sukuk.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Agbaletu: 8:54pm On Mar 26, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
through banks i think 100 bn is coming up
Keep us posted here when it happens, please.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by 234ng44uk(m): 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2019
mayorteeny:
For anyone converting foreign currency to naira to invest in Treasury bills, how are you mitigating the risk of possible devaluation of the naira by the time your treasury bill investment matures?

Is there away to invest in Nigerian treasury bills in another currency (USD, GBP, EUR) other than naira?

It's called Eurobonds

(1) (2) (3) ... (736) (737) (738) (739) (740) (741) (742) ... (2234) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: uptimum123(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.