Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (874) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4465097 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (2233) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2019
https://app.nairametrics.com/treasury_bill
Hallenjay:
thanks so much... For instance half a mil for tbills will fetch one how much every 90days
Very simple to use.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by tolajay: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
Yes, the marginal decline is interesting but we need to consider the drivers of the development and their sustainability.

Speak about food inflation, do you know that harvest has been very good for farmers this year? Hence the increase and availability of farm produce and food items.

With the border closure, forex tightening and proposed VAT (without home-grown viable alternatives) the dynamics might change in coming months and quarters.

CBN is targeting a single digit inflation, but that’s a tall order given their timeline and procedures.

But then, these are just numbers what are the impacts on citizens?

DaBogu:
BREAKING: Nigeria’s inflation rate drops to 11.02% in August 2019, slowest in over three years

Inflation dropped by 0.06% points year-on-year

Food inflation dropped to 13.17% from 13.39%,

Core inflation dropped to 8.68% from 8.80% recorded in July.

Source:Nairametrics.

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 3:12pm On Sep 18, 2019
RealityShot:
oga.. If you say "Uber" again,
I will know you do not "listen".

How can you be planning to start a business with 100% of your capital?

Please use your degree to go and get a teaching job now.
You clearly have very low risk appetite and a little laziness in you (like me.. Lol).

No need for heart attack from driver wahala.

The job will give you pocket money, while you can keep your investment growing with the interests.

NOW, if you are still interested in business, after getting the job,
Then use the next Tbills interest ONLY to learn about the business and start it PART-TIME.

FOR EXAMPLE:
you get 120k interest.
Use 25k to study/pay for training on Okirika business
Use 50k to buy a bail
Use 12k to pay advance for floor space (or sell ON-THE-GO)
use 8k to pay your salesperson first month salary... Lol...

Here is the catch... If s/he can't make enough profit in the first month, you will be able to pay s/he for the next 3 months without fear.

After THAT TIME you should know if you are going to continue to support the business from your job....
LOL...

Business no easy OH... Never use more that 50% of your capital to start a new business (especially in NIGERIA).

GOOD luck.

50k for bale? 1st grade China or UK clearance?

Don't deceive that guy and be specific so he knows where to navigate cos that money will only get him a 1st grade quarter bale from UK with tag or 2nd grade, 3rd grade clearance, or half bale from China.

However, he's liable to get a full bale of socks or stuffed animals at that amount.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ace16(m): 5:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Gud evening everyone. Plz I’m new on this section and I did not get to read thru the thread.
I want to invest on Tb, thru GTBank, I’ve requested since last week bt my acct has not been charged. But I will kindly need some clarification since it’s my 1st time.
1) how viable is dis Tb
2) the banker said abt 10% for 90 days. Meaning for #3m it will b around 300k. How true is that?
3) are there losses
Plz I need answers.. thank u

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 6:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ace16:
Gud evening everyone. Plz I’m new on this section and I did not get to read thru the thread.
I want to invest on Tb, thru GTBank, I’ve requested since last week bt my acct has not been charged. But I will kindly need some clarification since it’s my 1st time.
1) how viable is dis Tb
2) the banker said abt 10% for 90 days. Meaning for #3m it will b around 300k. How true is that?
3) are there losses
Plz I need answers.. thank u
To answer your questions:
1) what do you mean by viable? you mean genuine or what?
2) 10% is per annum, so for 90 days it is 300k* (90/365) = ~74k
3) there are no losses in tb. if you terminate before the expiration, they will pay interest up to the date you have it invested till. So if they paid you the 74k interest, that is with the assumption that you will leave the money invested for the 90 days. If you now bring story after 30 days and request they terminate it, then they have to collect back part of the 74k they already paid you. Hope you understand.

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Ace16(m): 7:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
Jesusbabygirl:

To answer your questions:
1) what do you mean by viable? you mean genuine or what?
2) 10% is per annum, so for 90 days it is 300k* (90/365) = ~74k
3) there are no losses in tb. if you terminate before the expiration, they will pay interest up to the date you have it invested till. So if they paid you the 74k interest, that is with the assumption that you will leave the money invested for the 90 days. If you now bring story after 30 days and request they terminate it, then they have to collect back part of the 74k they already paid you. Hope you understand.

Yes I do. Thanks very much

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Jesusbabygirl(f): 9:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ace16:

Yes I do. Thanks very much
Well, just make sure you request for your investment certificate from the bank Officer. I have not heard anyone on this thread complain of being duped, so yes, it is genuine. And, you're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 2:55am On Sep 19, 2019
C505:

50k for bale? 1st grade China or UK clearance?

Don't deceive that guy and be specific so he knows where to navigate cos that money will only get him a 1st grade quarter bale from UK with tag or 2nd grade, 3rd grade clearance, or half bale from China.

However, he's liable to get a full bale of socks or stuffed animals at that amount.

"deceive"
Lolzzz....!
I gave an example, and yes, I learnt one can get full bail at that rate on a thread here Nairaland. Am no expert on that. (you seem you be wink)

There are so many other businesses that 100k can start too...
E. G:
6 gallons of palm oil = 45000
4 bags of garri = 44000

Gaskia, choose what you like and start it.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michaelogunleye(m): 3:01am On Sep 19, 2019
eniorisha:
Thanks to everyone who have offer useful advice & suggestions on d matter I posted earlier. I av learnt a lot from your wealth of experience. I assure u all I'll consider all d suggestions b4 take any decision about my proposed diversion to uber, especially. Once again, thank u all.
The reason I enjoy reading up comments everytime I'm online is because there is no end to learning, it's been said, it's a wrong move to invest 100% of your capital in any business, but I'll advice you try Agriculture at a minimal level and see how it works, but then read up on whatever you decide and at least have the basic knowledge about the business.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by dipoolowoo: 5:20am On Sep 19, 2019
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 19, 2019
Let's know as you get back your capital today for those with today's maturity. Thanks
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:
Let's know as you get back your capital today for those with today's maturity. Thanks

already got mine by 2AM from Gtbank 182days tenor mature. will invest again next week via primary auction

2 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 19, 2019
janga:

already got mine by 2AM from Gtbank 182days tenor mature. will invest again next week via primary auction

Confirm that you meant 2am
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by janga(m): 9:53am On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

Confirm that you meant 2am

yes today 2:15AM
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:55am On Sep 19, 2019
Just got my interest, this particular investment has been running since 2017, I ask for firstbank to stop reinvestment twice now but am shocked that it's the interest that's credited. Does it mean we can't stop firstbank from reinvesting. My plan was to gather all investment and invest by November. Am dissapointed, and thinking of what to do.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Mfunkynation(m): 10:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:
Just got my interest, this particular investment has been running since 2017, I ask for firstbank to stop reinvestment twice now but am shocked that it's the interest that's credited. Does it mean we can't stop firstbank from reinvesting. My plan was to gather all investment and invest by November. Am dissapointed, and thinking of what to do.
did you request for reinvestment on the form when you started the investment initially?

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by feelamong(m): 11:26am On Sep 19, 2019
TREASURY BILLS AUCTION RESULT 18/09/2019

91 DAYS --------11.10%

182 DAYS------11.75%

364 DAYS ------13.30

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:29am On Sep 19, 2019
feelamong:
TREASURY BILLS AUCTION RESULT 18/09/2019

91 DAYS --------11.10%

182 DAYS------11.75%

364 DAYS ------13.30

secondary rate at stanbic today:

28days – 11.6

154days – 12.2

343days – 13
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by nna777: 11:33am On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

This got my laughing hard. A major challenge with tier 1 banks especially FB. Did you go in person or you sent an email? . The former is always better. I suggest you go there in person to resolve. If you have and nothing changed, going to their HQ to make a complaint in person will be another alternative.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:54am On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:
Tell them to terminate it.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by globalresource: 12:16pm On Sep 19, 2019
Stanbic is good with TB
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by NL1960: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

Stabic alert for matured TB just dropped. 'NextLevel' secondary market loading. FG needs to pay my Landlord his one year rent. grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by oliverdon: 12:50pm On Sep 19, 2019
Today bidding for stanbc bank as at 11.00am secondary,

28days-11.60 percent

154days-12.20 percent

343days-13.00 percent

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by DaBogu: 1:05pm On Sep 19, 2019
tolajay:
Yes, the marginal decline is interesting but we need to consider the drivers of the development and their sustainability.

Speak about food inflation, do you know that harvest has been very good for farmers this year? Hence the increase and availability of farm produce and food items.

With the border closure, forex tightening and proposed VAT (without home-grown viable alternatives) the dynamics might change in coming months and quarters.

CBN is targeting a single digit inflation, but that’s a tall order given their timeline and procedures.

But then, these are just numbers what are the impacts on citizens?

Not at all.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2019
Mfunkynation:

did you request for reinvestment on the form when you started the investment initially?

I never asked for reinvestment, first time I complained and was told it will not happen again. Second time I complained and was ask to put it in writing, that I did about 3 months ago and now it repeats itself and am not in town.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:22pm On Sep 19, 2019
nna777:

This got my laughing hard. A major challenge with tier 1 banks especially FB. Did you go in person or you sent an email? . The former is always better. I suggest you go there in person to resolve. If you have and nothing changed, going to their HQ to make a complaint in person will be another alternative.

I never asked for reinvestment, first time I complained and was told it will not happen again. Second time I complained and was ask to put it in writing, that I did about 3 months ago and now it repeats itself and am not in town.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 19, 2019
OgogoroFreak:
Tell them to terminate it.

Will try that by next month when I get back, I hope and pray it doesn't affect my capital as I have never terminated TBills
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 19, 2019
NL1960:

Stabic alert for matured TB just dropped. 'NextLevel' secondary market loading. FG needs to pay my Landlord his one year rent. grin cheesy

They just cleared all the fees I have to pay for the remainder of the year. Am free till January. November they will settle all my Christmas responsibilities. January they will clear fees again. It's fun when the federal govt are working for you and taking care of all your responsibility while your money is intact.

9 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

this was my singular reason for leaving first bank ....they sell from their reserve and can sell anytime with or without auction....but it has it advantage...u don't miss out ...waiting for next bid
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
this was my singular reason for leaving first bank ....they sell from their reserve and can sell anytime with or without auction....but it has it advantage...u don't miss out ...waiting for next bid

It's worrisome when you have about 20 different transactions to follow up forgetting some maturity dates only to be reminded when capital is paid or interest is paid. Lumping them together mop up and creat space for newer investment. Limit fees you pay to the bank although negligible but every kobo counts.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by C505: 3:32pm On Sep 19, 2019
RealityShot:
"deceive"
Lolzzz....!
I gave an example, and yes, I learnt one can get full bail at that rate on a thread here Nairaland. Am no expert on that. (you seem you be wink)

There are so many other businesses that 100k can start too...
E. G:
6 gallons of palm oil = 45000
4 bags of garri = 44000

Gaskia, choose what you like and start it.

You're right to get a full bale at 50k but what's the essence of buying a full bale at 50k only to discover rags.

NOBODY will give him cotton bale at that amount.
1st grade UK bale is BTW 170-200K from a trusted supplier. Even 1st grade China bale can't go for less than 115K.

For other business idea, IDK. Others can help to enlighten him so he becomes very certain what's he's dabbling into.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by eddyakinrinde(m): 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
Barrytone:

It's worrisome when you have about 20 different transactions to follow up forgetting some maturity dates only to be reminded when capital is paid or interest is paid. Lumping them together mop up and creat space for newer investment. Limit fees you pay to the bank although negligible but every kobo counts.

20 different tbills u mean! That's a wow! It's even burdensome for me to manage 5 different tbills and am thinking already that I have to bundle them altogether by December. Although am also thinking of moving some to bond.
But talking of bond, is it advisable to split them or have just one?Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (871) (872) (873) (874) (875) (876) (877) ... (2233) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.