Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Treasury Bills In Nigeria - Investment (942) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Treasury Bills In Nigeria (4439356 Views)

Fixed Deposits Or Treasury Bills, Which Is Better? / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / I Need Information On Treasury Bills In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (2229) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by enque(f): 2:06pm On Nov 07, 2019
RealityShot:
Stock market will boom with this ban.

but i wont join them
(mago mago full there both on companies side and NSE itself)

its money market fund or bond time.

if none of the above works.. Dump it in savings account till Emefiele retires.

WHAT IS so WRONG with individuals choosing to loan govt their savings so govt can use it for the development that is making it go abroad and beg for loans?

that CBN gov has lost a nut!
he NEVER expected to return there..
perhaps, this is Buhari's worst mistake in this next level.

lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 2:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
needful:
Both CBN and reporters are confused set of people.

Boason Omofaye (@BBoason) Tweeted:
@masterofdisrupt -CBN has not stopped treasury bills sales to individuals
-CBN has stopped individuals & local corporates from participating in its Open Market Operations (OMO) treasurys liquidity management
-Individuals can still buy the regular Nigeria Treasury Bills (NTB) and treasury bonds (https://twitter.com/BBoason/status/1192362273286819840?s=17)
na punch reporters the leading fake news and obituary paper ....they quote an unnamed source ...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Emmaesty(f): 2:37pm On Nov 07, 2019
RealityShot:

but i wont join them

WHAT IS so WRONG with individuals choosing to loan govt their savings so govt can use it for the development that is making it go abroad and beg for loans?

Money market rates has dropped significantly
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2019
Grupo:

I have a strong feeling that this guy is the same as @healthserve.

He is happy that CBN wants to stop Tbills.

Oga, whether CBN stops Tbills or not, we will still not invest in your "real sector" businesses.

Jeez. Smh
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:28pm On Nov 07, 2019
Truth234:

You guys are living in Nigeria at least you should understand your own economic structure. Nigeria is a mono-product economy (usually, take crude oil and sell, then use the proceed to service the economy) that method is no longer working with slowing oil demand and unstable oil market amid the ongoing campaign to end fossil fuel.

These policies are to help diversify the economy by stimulating growth from within against the usual foreign dictated path (healthy when oil market is positive and down when not). What you called defending the Naira is what is ensuring dollar liquidity in Nigeria (petrol-dollar economy). Until the economy is fully diversified, CBN will continue to maintain that forex policy.

Apt

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:30pm On Nov 07, 2019
Truth234:

If you are conversant with business happenings, you should know Truth234.

Just crossing paths with you Sir. After a few glances, I can say the pleasure's mine. Chief. I'm your newest mentee from onwards Sir

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 3:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
healthserve:

Just crossing paths with you Sir. After a few glances, I can say the pleasure's mine. Chief. I'm your newest mentee from onwards Sir

One person in disguise. Kontinue,

14 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2019
needful:

What have I done again? Can't a man be involved in the policies of his country in peace.When will you let me be in peace without being harassed. Have I begged you for any favors or anyone?.

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by needful: 4:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
healthserve:

What have I done again? Can't a man be involved in the policies of his country in peace.When will you let me be in peace without being harassed. Have I begged you for any favors or anyone?.

Of what use are u to this forum sef. If u arent investing in TB, why not go to sectors that does agricultural biz or infact real sector biz. Biko leave this place in peace abeg. I just hate to come here and see ur post littered everywhere. Ejoo, leave.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by healthserve(m): 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2019
needful:

Of what use are u to this forum sef. If u arent investing in TB, why not go to sectors that does agricultural biz or infact real sector biz. Biko leave this place in peace abeg. I just hate to come here and see ur post littered everywhere. Ejoo, leave.

Madam, you just harrased me smiley But, then, I thank you HolySpirit for abundant reserves of peace and tranquility. smiley

While I remain stereotyped as a thief and a fraudster, I urge you and your ilks ( amordi ukay2 emmanuelewumi Nnamz Sholapey )not to do this to other persons either online or offline..

You don't know what such does to a person.

I'll listen and let go. BTW, I have diversified portfolio investments I didn't consider mentioning since my private affairs remains my private affairs.

Just don't do this to other persons.

Peace..

5 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by michaellovaldo(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
RealityShot:
what do they produce and sell?
Cosmetics
U can Google search if u want to see all their products
The list is very long
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 4:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
I just spoke with a friend in charge of treasury bills in one of the regional head office. He said the news in punch newspaper also came as a rumour to them because they have not received any instruction to that effect from their headquarters in Lagos or from CBN.

He promised to keep me abreast of any new development in individuals' participation in treasury bills investment.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Donbrig: 5:24pm On Nov 07, 2019
Journalism is becoming something else in Nigeria. Wait abeg, why would Punch publish such a news without the awareness of CBN or their staffs? I think CBN should enlighten the public on this perceived news immediatley and FG should start withdrawing the license of some news outlets like Punch.
IamR:
I just spoke with a friend in charge of treasury bills in one of the regional head office. He said the news in punch newspaper also came as a rumour to them because they have not received any instruction to that effect from their headquarters in Lagos or from CBN.

He promised to keep me abreast of any new development in individuals' participation in treasury bills investment.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by unite4real: 5:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
Donbrig:
Journalism is becoming something else in Nigeria. Wait abeg, why would Punch publish such a news without the awareness of CBN or their staffs? I think CBN should enlighten the public on this perceived news immediatley and FG should start withdrawing the license of some news outlets like Punch.

that was how one of them (daily Nigerian) posted today that Dana Air license had been revoked by NCAA since yesterday. And that the airline had suspended operation since yesterday. Meanwhile Dana Air had been flying Nigerian airspace since morning. Dana Air on their twitter page had also denied this and threaten to take action against the media house. I really dont know what they are up to.

imagine how Nairaland even pushed it to front page without verification.
https://www.nairaland.com/5515938/nigerian-government-suspends-dana-air
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 5:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
I was with the branch manager of stanbic ibtc asaba branch today and he has no knowledge of this new cbn policy.

Even if its true it's an inner caucus plan....no publication or circular to that effect .

Let's keep our finger crossed.......

My question is that was @dipoolowoo quoting punch newspaper or businessdaily or both.

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by RealityShot: 5:53pm On Nov 07, 2019
michaellovaldo:

Cosmetics
U can Google search if u want to see all their products
The list is very long
and i found THIS!

https://www.namibian.com.na/187547/archive-read/Longrich-is-illegal-and-must-stop---BoN

JUST LIKE MMM, gnld etc

bye!

3 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 07, 2019
Amebo123:
I think we are missing the point here. Please remember that sometime ago CBN placed 50m as minimum for individual to invest in TBills, and Banks started buying on our behalf, so in reality we are not buying as individuals.
What i understand from this new directive, is individuals with 50m that have been buying Tbills (they are the ones that can state their rate) are the ones banned, but banks can still be buying (in other words, including us with less than 50m)

I hope this is the case

Cheers
You're truly an Amelo...lol
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 6:00pm On Nov 07, 2019
zamirikpo:
I was with the branch manager of stanbic ibtc asaba branch today and he has no knowledge of this new cbn policy.

Even if its true it's an inner caucus plan....no publication or circular to that effect .

My question is that was @dipoolowoo quoting punch newspaper or businessdaily or both.
Thank you for this additional info, at least we info from two banks now.

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by ahiboilandgas: 6:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
zamirikpo:

punch new paper
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Nov 07, 2019
needful:

Lol...by their fruits, we shall know them.
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 6:25pm On Nov 07, 2019
RealityShot:

but i wont join them

Naso...

Era of free money is gone..

Goan buy stock...
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:29pm On Nov 07, 2019
Disclaimer via channels TV this 6pm news. CBN only stopped OMO participation and not NTB. Status quo is maintained. Lets gather and go stone that media house but it wouldn't be a revolution ooooo, just a protest because I can't fit join sowere. I repeat protest and not revolution.

8 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Grupo(m): 6:31pm On Nov 07, 2019
chloride6:

Naso...

Era of free money is gone..

Goan buy stock...

Which one is free money?

Did people not work for the money they are investing in Tbills?

Better be guided.

11 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by IamR: 6:39pm On Nov 07, 2019
Barrytone:
Disclaimer via channels TV this 6pm news. CBN only stopped OMO participation and not NTB. Status quo is maintained. Lets gather and go stone that media house but it wouldn't be a revolution ooooo, just a protest because I can't fit join sowere. I repeat protest and not revolution.
I am ready sir. In fact, I am in Lagos now. The moment I read the news this morning, I lost my appetite. I couldn't even eat the refreshment Airpeace served me.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2019
Barrytone:
Good news oh. Bad market for tbills haters grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:44pm On Nov 07, 2019
So Dangote is now venturing into rice business without completing the refinery. I remember arguing with some people earlier on this thread that the refinery will not be completed any time soon. I wouldn’t know his priority right now.
Also it looks like Dangote is the unofficial president of Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2019

1 Like

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by olujaidi: 6:52pm On Nov 07, 2019
chigo4u:
So Dangote is now venturing into rice business without completing the refinery. I remember arguing with some people earlier on this thread that the refinery will not be completed any time soon. I wouldn’t know his priority right now.
Also it looks like Dangote is the unofficial president of Nigeria

Must he have just one priority? Do you??
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by zamirikpo(m): 6:56pm On Nov 07, 2019
Grupo:

Which one is free money?

Better be guided.

Bros don't mind the mumu.....u think everybody is happy that u have even 10kobo in the bank. How much more to earn from it.

Until uncle emefiele tells me with his mouth idontbelieveit.

6 Likes

Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chloride6: 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2019
Grupo:

Which one is free money?

Better be guided.

Are you not working for the one for the you will be investing in 1 year's time?

grin grin

No reward without risk..
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by chigo4u: 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2019
olujaidi:

Must he have just one priority? Do you??
They are both capital intensive
Re: Treasury Bills In Nigeria by Iamzik: 7:04pm On Nov 07, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
cbn.is confused...and using trial and error tactics,u want foriegn investor in the t.b markets but want to pay 11..percent same as inflation 2 u run a multiple exchange systems 305,320,360 with high possibly of devalution 3.u hold 9 trillion on pension asset with a law that allow investment in only fixed income and other low risk investment 4 u pay senators bogus allowance of over 200m yearly (where will this money go)...5 u ban import of several items (42) narrowing the real economic investment window and forcing people to invest in imaginary real economy ,

Perfect analysis here!!
Simple and well laid out

Welldone bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (939) (940) (941) (942) (943) (944) (945) ... (2229) (Reply)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.