Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Varying Salaries In Different Fields - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Varying Salaries In Different Fields (18005 Views)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries In 2015 (updated) / MBA Salaries In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by osculate(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2007
GTB pays contract staff recruited through I.C.T.S.L N45k for new entrants, I got a friend with them who's done about a year and a half with them and he earns about N68k now. I also know as a matter of fact that management trainee in multinational manufacturing companies i.e. Diageo which is guinness in Nigeria, British American Tobacco, Heineken which is Nigerian Breweries earns between 150k and 200k minimum, some management trainee in BAT earn as much as 300k gross when you take out tax you go home with about N225k monthly.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Opiro2000(m): 10:42am On Oct 24, 2007
peteroby:

the entry level for my kind of job is 50k per month.
What kind of job do you do?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by peteroby(m): 11:10am On Oct 24, 2007
i be security guard.high level
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by ayomifull(f): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2007
@shinatu,
Sorry, it was actually Chevron not Shell and to your question honestly i dont know he only told me he is paid $1200 a month when he called to inform me ho got a job.
@femtex, i really dont know much about it he only called when he got the job to inform me we have not really spoken about it, but he studied civil eng and has not really worked since he graduated except for sometimes when he worked for a construction firm in Lagos for about 1 year.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Kobojunkie: 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
What about medical fields?? How much does a medical doctor make in Nigeria
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 24, 2007
A friend Who got a job with AfriBank told me entry level pay is 2.4million naira per annum.

dont know how true this is
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by tkb417(m): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2007
@BlackNinja
i work for one of those grin grin grin
No need for numbers. All the friends i have on earth work for one of those also
Cheers

PS: I mean a consulting staff not a customer service nor contract staffs, not the gatemen also.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by uchetobi(f): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2007
who says KPMG does not pay up to 120k/month? where did u get ur info from? pls get facts and come and repost
blackninja:

@tbk417

your estimate of 120k - 150k for consulting firms is wrong and misleading to reader. I can't believe that u think an entry level customer service person will be paid 120k to 150k, obviously u don't work for a consulting firm otherwise you would know that consultants in Nigeria just carry the BIG international names of their companies but their pay are not comensurate with the big name and the work they do.

Before u get defensive, i'm referring to the likes of Accenture, PriceWaterHouse and KPMG. Incase u don't know, you must be at least a Manager in any of these three BIG consulting firms to earn the BIG BUCKS!

If tbk417 wants phone numbers of people in Accenture, PWC and KPMG, i'm willing to supply names and numbers he can call to verify.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by tkb417(m): 4:50pm On Oct 24, 2007
@uchetobi
see me see wahala. he actually said i dont work for one of those. grin grin grin
Do you work for anyone of those mentioned?

Im sure the guy was talking about support staffs smiley smiley
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by 2009DOREEN(f): 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2007
HELLO KOBOJUNKIE, HOW CAN, YOU HELP ME FOR JOB.

AM A SCHOOL CERT HOLDERS

LCYZ_MIKE@YAHOO.COM
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Kobojunkie: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2007
2009DOREEN:

HELLO KOBOJUNKIE, HOW CAN, YOU HELP ME FOR JOB.

AM A SCHOOL CERT HOLDERS

LCYZ_MIKE@YAHOO.COM

What job are you talking about ??
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by uchetobi(f): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2007
i'm referring to the likes of Accenture, PriceWaterHouse and KPMG. Incase u don't know, you must be at least a Manager in any of these three BIG consulting firms to earn the BIG BUCKS!

This is what he said and he came to dispute someone that suggested that they earn that.

Before you dispute someone you must have your facts and YES maybe i work for one of the three
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2007
i think its better to deal with yearly aggregates because some companies deduct some allowances and pay up during the year.don't know about other industries,but am kinda familiar with the banking industry and latest info reaching me according to reviews in the industry are---
etb-- 3.2million shocked
zenith-- 3.1million shocked
bankphb-- 2.9million shocked
intercontinental-- 2.7million shocked
oceanic--2.69million shocked
access bank--2.6million shocked

these are to top six,others surpassed the 1.7million mark and its per annum.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by ayokun: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2007
lynxnoon
what kind of interns earn 110k a month and at which hospital. or do u not know what an intern is? by broda who is a doctor at OAUTH doesn't even earn that much.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by lamisanya(m): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2007
ayokun:

lynxnoon
what kind of interns earn 110k a month and at which hospital. or do u not know what an intern is? by brother who is a doctor at OAUTH doesn't even earn that much.
Well interns at National hospital abuja now earn a minimum of 120K/month
interns at FMC OWO earn about 115K/month
Interns at UCH Ibadan earn about 100K/month
so your brother earns about 100K also
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by lamisanya(m): 6:42pm On Oct 24, 2007
Well let me also add that Doctors (in Govt hospitals) while earning more than other civil servants are still grossly Under paid! Hazard Allowance is currently:1800/month. angry
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Tats(m): 6:58pm On Oct 24, 2007
uchetobi:

i'm referring to the likes of Accenture, PriceWaterHouse and KPMG. Incase u don't know, you must be at least a Manager in any of these three BIG consulting firms to earn the BIG BUCKS! 
This is what he said and he came to dispute someone that suggested that they earn that.

Before you dispute someone you must have your facts and YES maybe i work for one of the three

I wonder if @Blackninja really has friends in those consulting firms mentioned. He needs to ask his friends again where they work or what they earn. The salaries for starters are in that range and though they may not be like those of oil companies, they are certainly not low.

@Kobojunkie,

I am no doctor, but know some. The salaries for Intern Doctors are in the range mentioned, i.e. 40k to 110k.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by debosky(m): 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2007
My gf worked in accenture before, she earned 91k a month. After spending close to two years she got promoted and earned 120k.

and of the big consulting firms, Accenture pays the best or one of the best, so on average lets say they earn 95k on average as entry-level.

So their salaries are not that fantastic - entry level in the new generation banks earn better.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by luka: 7:14pm On Oct 24, 2007
seun001:

i think its better to deal with yearly aggregates because some companies deduct some allowances and pay up during the year.don't know about other industries,but am kind of familiar with the banking industry and latest info reaching me according to reviews in the industry are---
etb-- 3.2million shocked
zenith-- 3.1million shocked
bankphb-- 2.9million shocked
intercontinental-- 2.7million shocked
oceanic--2.69million shocked
access bank--2.6million shocked

these are to top six,others surpassed the 1.7million mark and its per annum.

Man I have worked in two of the banks you quoted above in the lat 18 months and your figures are far from correct.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 7:20pm On Oct 24, 2007
@luka,
i said latest reviews-go and find out asap.
lamisanya:

Well let me also add that Doctors (in Govt hospitals) while earning more than other civil servants are still grossly Under paid! Hazard Allowance is currently:1800/month. angry

Nurses are worse!
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Tats(m): 7:42pm On Oct 24, 2007
debosky:

My girlfriend worked in accenture before, she earned 91k a month. After spending close to two years she got promoted and earned 120k.

and of the big consulting firms, Accenture pays the best or one of the best, so on average lets say they earn 95k on average as entry-level.

So their salaries are not that fantastic - entry level in the new generation banks earn better.

Some of us worked in consulting or currently work there. Ask people who work there to tell you their total package and their net after tax.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by randa(m): 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2007
i am a lecturer on contiss 7-3, i earn between 58-60k a month after tax
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by tkb417(m): 8:18am On Oct 25, 2007

He was actually disputing what i said. He should call his friends for update cheesy
@tats
I believe you
@Debosky
i work for one of those and the pay is in the range i quoted.
@Seun001
Ehn ehn. ill ask
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Opiro2000(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2007
How much does a Quantity Surveyor earn as start-up in a project management firm? Any ideas?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Ayemakata(m): 9:13am On Oct 25, 2007
hi everyone can anyone pls tell us what ecobank nigeria pay thier entry level staff.
Thanks
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by dayokanu(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2007
No top 3 consulting firm would pay less than 110k for starters Accenture, PwC or KPMG go and ask
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by uchetobi(f): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2007
Debosky I work for one of the three consulting firm and I assure you entry level is not 95k, I also assure you that accenture does not pay the highest, what yr did ur gf leave? Pls lets POST facts and not assumptions or outdated facts, thanx
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by onydchic(f): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2007
@seun001,

my dear all those figures are wrong. except for maybe access.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by diyobdw(f): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2007
anyone know how much account executive(mid & entry level ) earn in an advertising or marketing communication firm?

@G-reycells- wink
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by biolamayor(m): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2007
please i will also like to know the entry level payment of copywriters in big and small advertising company. e.g insight grey, twba, rosabel etc.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Greycells(m): 4:05pm On Oct 25, 2007
@Seun001

was reliably told dt

etb pays 2.0million (entry level) not 3.2million

And how come my peeps working there are even considering banks that are not in your top 6?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2007
onydchic:

@seun001,

my dear all those figures are wrong. except for maybe access.

hmmmm,think u should reconfirm with ur sources.

G-reycells:

@Seun001

was reliably told dt

etb pays 2.0million (entry level) not 3.2million

And how come my peeps working there are even considering banks that are not in your top 6?

etb is probably the only info source am not so sure of.but will re-confirm.

well ur peeps had better do more research.most of this reviews came up after the end of their accounting year.therfore its effective for the new accounting year.

Ayemakata:

hi everyone can anyone please tell us what ecobank nigeria pay their entry level staff.
Thanks

ecobank is in the area of 1.7m/annum.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nutritionist/dietitians / How Are You Coping With ACCA Exam Fees Payment? / Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.