Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,546 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

Varying Salaries In Different Fields - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Varying Salaries In Different Fields (18010 Views)

Why Do People Keep Their Salaries Secret? / Top 10 Countries With The Highest Salaries In 2015 (updated) / MBA Salaries In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by DoubleN(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2007
Does anybody know the current pay for entry level in the I.T (Information Technology) field?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Opiro2000(m): 5:48pm On Oct 25, 2007
I.T jobs will really depend on the job description. So what exactly are you asking for?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by onydchic(f): 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2007
@ seun001

as someone that actually works in one of the 6 banks you mentioned, and who has sibling in another, i can honestly and correctly tell u that you are indeed, WRONG. zenith is currently the highest, and its nowhere near 3 million. Etb is even further down. Where do u get ur info from>
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 6:05pm On Oct 25, 2007
onydchic:

@ seun001

as someone that actually works in one of the 6 banks you mentioned, and who has sibling in another, i can honestly and correctly tell u that you are indeed, WRONG. zenith is currently the highest, and its nowhere near 3 million. Etb is even further down. Where do u get your info from>

actually,considering the fact that u were not sure about access,it means u cannot argue with me cos access was the first bank to implement their review b4 others.i am well informed abt the banking industry but then i can be wrong so i will cease to argue abt the authencity of my info.cheers
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by McDoe(m): 6:16am On Oct 26, 2007
In Naija, the concept of cheap labour is now deep-rooted. People are poorly motivated and that's the reason why results are also poor. For instance, I work in an indigenous oil coy, and it's like being exploited. Peanuts men; salary ranges from 40-60k per a month. Bullshit of course!
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by tkb417(m): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2007
@seun001
are u sure of these figures you posted here? haba. even diamond second level should be 3m. Now ur own entry level for zenith and ETB are above 3m. i will verify this weekend and ill get back to u on monday.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 7:54am On Oct 26, 2007
tkb417:

@seun001
are u sure of these figures you posted here? haba. even diamond second level should be 3m. Now your own entry level for zenith and ETB are above 3m. i will verify this weekend and ill get back to u on monday.

ok,no sweat,
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by ibis: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2007
hey guys anyone with info about uba?
salary structure for the 1st three levels and the years of experience you sld have to be whithin this levels ie
executive trainee
assistant banking officer
banking officer

thanks
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by onikoyia(m): 12:20pm On Oct 26, 2007
welldone done u've all spoke well,but please always be sure of wat u're writting. all i know is dat everything depends on the organizations standard.thanks
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by tkb417(m): 3:04pm On Oct 26, 2007
hey guys anyone with info about uba?
salary structure for the 1st three levels and the years of experience you sld have to be whithin this levels ie
executive trainee
assistant banking officer
banking officer

thanks

Brand is superb but i doubt if the pay is tite. I heard they raised the pay some months back but you still cant compare with those other banks(first three levels). But, i think from AM, its what obtains in other banks.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by luka: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2007
@seun 001

Let me tell you what happened the day I made my post, that was pay day and all of us in one of the banks you quoted were waiting for the much publicised review and we were dissapointed because it was just an addition of a few thousands.

I left Intercontinental bank last year and am still in touch with my colleagues over there and can confirm to you thst your figures are wrong.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by lynxnoon(m): 10:15pm On Oct 26, 2007
@kobojunkie
am refering to medical doctors i.e houseofficers
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by ginnie(f): 11:28pm On Oct 27, 2007
How about the communication firms like MTN, Celtel and Globacom? what's their pay like? Anyone dat knows, pls help. thanks.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by ginnie(f): 11:30pm On Oct 27, 2007
I mean for entry level.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Oct 28, 2007
lynxnoon:

@kobojunkie
am refering to medical doctors i.e houseofficers

What about practising doctors?? how much do those make? and I mean for national hospitals and then for private hospitals??
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by DisGuy: 5:28am On Oct 28, 2007
sub

Project management?

Manufacturing?

anyone
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Tats(m): 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2007
Kobojunkie:

What about practising doctors?? how much do those make? and I mean for national hospitals and then for private hospitals??

It seems like Doctors in Naija are overworked and don't have time to post on nairaland.  grin

Maybe their siblings can help out here with Concrete data.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by lynxnoon(m): 1:59pm On Oct 28, 2007
@kobojunkie,
wel 4 govt. or fed hospitals an a max of 180 - 200k/month i.e consultants bt in teaching hospitals they 4 teaching @consulting wit an avg of 250 - 300, bt dis rates r usually 4 top hospitals while private depends on contract basis

@tats,
yeah u r rite doctors in naija r overworked bt som stil find time to check out sites like naraland
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 7:27am On Oct 29, 2007
luka:

@seun 001

Let me tell you what happened the day I made my post, that was pay day and all of us in one of the banks you quoted were waiting for the much publicised review and we were dissapointed because it was just an addition of a few thousands.

I left Intercontinental bank last year and am still in touch with my colleagues over there and can confirm to you thst your figures are wrong.

intercon was the second after access bank to do a review.ask your peeps well hmmm!
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by yicob(m): 1:03pm On Oct 29, 2007
please whatsup about the salary in advertising companies?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by yse(m): 12:36pm On Oct 30, 2007
Can smbdy tell me.Hw much doz a stock broker earn.
In big ones lik subsidiaries of banks and also in regular ones
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Greycells(m): 2:21pm On Oct 30, 2007
@biolamayo & dibofw

Entry level in the advertising industry is in the range of 60k - 80k depending on d agency, an entry level peep I know at Bate Cosse takes home about 60k and a lot of bullshit like he says

Insight
DDB Lagos
Primagarnet Ogilvy
Rosabel Leo Burnnet
Lowe Lintas

, are said to be top paying.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by diyobdw(f): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2007
@ G-reycells thank you that and wow u got ma name all wrong cheesy
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by bootas(m): 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2007
for an entry level graduate 40 - 50 k should do
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by diyobdw(f): 9:26am On Oct 31, 2007
@ bootas
who? where?
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by suze(f): 10:24am On Nov 02, 2007
ayomifull (f)
Ireland

Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields
« #16 on: October 23, 2007, 03:56 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My twin bro works with Chevron as an engieer he started with $1,200 per months and some allawees

@ ayomifull, Thats too low for chevron. $1200 is just about 150 000. Except maybe hes a contract staff.I know in chevron, they start with about 350k/month
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by suze(f): 10:46am On Nov 02, 2007
The truth is that a lot of people lie about their pay. I've asked 2 different people in Zenith bank how much their pay was. They are both in entry levels o, and both of them told me 2 different things entirely.

A lot of people lie about their salaries. I know someone who works in an oil company in this lagos,she has a degree and an MBA, but her pay is 30k/ month. I swear to God. I couldnt believe it when she confided in me because the oil company is well known to an extent and its big.She then told me that's how much they start with mostly.That d range is between 30-50k but mostly 30k.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by seun001(m): 4:52pm On Nov 02, 2007
suze:

The truth is that a lot of people lie about their pay. I've asked 2 different people in Zenith bank how much their pay was. They are both in entry levels o, and both of them told me 2 different things entirely.

A lot of people lie about their salaries. I know someone who works in an oil company in this lagos,she has a degree and an MBA, but her pay is 30k/ month. I swear to God. I couldnt believe it when she confided in me because the oil company is well known to an extent and its big.She then told me that's how much they start with mostly.That d range is between 30-50k but mostly 30k.

yes ooo! i was hoping that somebody will tell the truth oooo!but they refused to,upon all my cajoling,taunts but they bluntly refused to at least give ideas.chei bankers
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by Vickivicki(m): 9:37pm On Nov 04, 2007
@suze
suze:

ayomifull (f)
Ireland

Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields
« #16 on: October 23, 2007, 03:56 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My twin bro works with Chevron as an engieer he started with $1,200 per months and some allawees

@ ayomifull, Thats too low for chevron. $1200 is just about 150 000. Except maybe hes a contract staff.I know in chevron, they start with about 350k/month

I AGREE IN ENTIRETY ON THIS.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by hanen(f): 11:04am On Nov 05, 2007
entry level's earning about 196 k per month as of october.
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by uchetobi(f): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2007
Hanen i also heard so, thats gangster
Re: Varying Salaries In Different Fields by edgecution(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2007
Yeah guys,i fit tell you Zenith-2.6m[THEY JUST REVIEW, PAY WAS NOT FANTASTIC B4], Oceanic-2.3, UBA-1.4M, ECOBANK-1.7M UNITYBANK-1.9M

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nutritionist/dietitians / How Are You Coping With ACCA Exam Fees Payment? / Should "Menstrual Leave" Be Adopted In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.