Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab - Islam for Muslims (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab (9912 Views)

Islamic Indonesia Fights Against The Jilboob (tight Hijab) / What Stops You From Wearing The Hijab? / Muslim Students Protest Discrimination Against Hijab In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by rukem(f): 11:25pm On Jun 24, 2012
@ nene1,i understand whot ur opinion is about usn the hijab cos itz whot am actually facn now cos i would love my future partner to be a muslim so i can raise my children in the way of islam.but usn it feels very hard for me cos i am used to the normal western fashion sense which has to do with figure revealing clothes,attractive make-ups and hair do.but i noticed all this takes u back and keep u away from remembering and worshiping Allah wish is our primary aim of exsiting and every other thing is secondary.and according to what president said,itz thru dat most hijb sister find suitors early than the non hijabis and their fellow muslim cos when i was in higher institution,i noticed most of the hijab sisters are either married or engaged.so nene1 itz a good thing and remember u are don this for allah and not for shown off.usn the hijab draws u closer and makes u rem ALLAH and solat and allah says in the quran that in the remberance of ALLAH does the heart finds rest.so u are taking a bold step in finding rest in the one u belive in.ma salam

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by deols(f): 7:09am On Jun 29, 2012
rukem: @ nene1,i understand whot ur opinion is about usn the hijab cos itz whot am actually facn now cos i would love my future partner to be a muslim so i can raise my children in the way of islam.but usn it feels very hard for me cos i am used to the normal western fashion sense which has to do with figure revealing clothes,attractive make-ups and hair do.but i noticed all this takes u back and keep u away from remembering and worshiping Allah wish is our primary aim of exsiting and every other thing is secondary.and according to what president said,itz thru dat most hijb sister find suitors early than the non hijabis and their fellow muslim cos when i was in higher institution,i noticed most of the hijab sisters are either married or engaged.so nene1 itz a good thing and remember u are don this for allah and not for shown off.usn the hijab draws u closer and makes u rem ALLAH and solat and allah says in the quran that in the remberance of ALLAH does the heart finds rest.so u are taking a bold step in finding rest in the one u belive in.ma salam

I pray Allah makes it easy for you. I find you an inspiration. You are an inspiration smiley
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 2:53am On Nov 01, 2012
I am happy to return to this thread and tell my muslim sisters that I finally took the hijab. I feel so liberated that I get mad at myself for delaying it this long. It's been a journey and I am glad to say that I finally reached my destination. I love the inner pose and peace the hijab has given me. I love the fact that I get greeted by a muslim wheneever I pass one because they can tell. I am taken by surprise when strangers I don't know say assallah mallaikum to me on the streets. I love the fact that my husband is happy but most of all I love the fact that I am finally doing what Allah expect from me as a muslim woman. Thank you for your prayers because if you go back to the first few posts on this thread you will see some of you prayed that Allah makes it easy for me to take the hijab He did and Alhamdulillah. MAy Allah make it easy too for our sisters who are finding putting the hijab on hard.

5 Likes

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 2:59am On Nov 01, 2012
deols:

I pray Allah makes it easy for you. I find you an inspiration. You are an inspiration smiley

Ameen you are an inspiration too in this forum. you never shy from your deen and I commend you for the time you take to encourage muslims in this forum. like you I pray Allah makes it easy for her too and many other muslim sisters out there.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by deols(f): 6:12am On Nov 01, 2012
Am so so glad. Am happy for you!!

Believe me,I also enjoy that people you never knew associate with you just because of the hijab. A lot of respect comes with it too.

Many people are encouraged to join the train.

Islam is beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by tbaba1234: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2012
Yay!!! may Allah make it easy for you!!! smiley
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by maclatunji: 7:25am On Nov 01, 2012
BahPulo: I am happy to return to this thread and tell my muslim sisters that I finally took the hijab. I feel so liberated that I get mad at myself for delaying it this long. It's been a journey and I am glad to say that I finally reached my destination. I love the inner pose and peace the hijab has given me. I love the fact that I get greeted by a muslim wheneever I pass one because they can tell. I am taken by surprise when strangers I don't know say assallah mallaikum to me on the streets. I love the fact that my husband is happy but most of all I love the fact that I am finally doing what Allah expect from me as a muslim woman. Thank you for your prayers because if you go back to the first few posts on this thread you will see some of you prayed that Allah makes it easy for me to take the hijab He did and Alhamdulillah. MAy Allah make it easy too for our sisters who are finding putting the hijab on hard.

Ooookay, nice! Alhamdulillah, indeed it has to be a personal journey of conviction rather than an imposed act of compulsion. We just need to provide information as at when due to those who want/need it.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by sino(m): 9:24am On Nov 01, 2012
@ sister BahPulo, alhamdulilah, i am so happy you decided to adorn yourself with the hijab, may You never find a reason to regress or regret InshAllah.

You should try and inspire young muslims who are still finding it difficult to put on the hijab, may Allah assist you.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by Jarus(m): 9:28am On Nov 01, 2012
BahPulo: I am happy to return to this thread and tell my muslim sisters that I finally took the hijab. I feel so liberated that I get mad at myself for delaying it this long. It's been a journey and I am glad to say that I finally reached my destination. I love the inner pose and peace the hijab has given me. I love the fact that I get greeted by a muslim wheneever I pass one because they can tell. I am taken by surprise when strangers I don't know say assallah mallaikum to me on the streets. I love the fact that my husband is happy but most of all I love the fact that I am finally doing what Allah expect from me as a muslim woman. Thank you for your prayers because if you go back to the first few posts on this thread you will see some of you prayed that Allah makes it easy for me to take the hijab He did and Alhamdulillah. MAy Allah make it easy too for our sisters who are finding putting the hijab on hard.
Congrats. May Allah strenghten you.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by Jarus(m): 9:43am On Nov 01, 2012
BahPulo: Amin thank you for the well wishes it really means a lot to me. I notice that nigerian muslims are really up to date with their deen. For example you wear the hijab more than we do in senegal it looks like sallah and ramaddan are well respected in your community, and many other things. I am not saying we don't have people with good devotions but there are more people like me (but i intend to change inchallah) muslims in name but knows very little about islam.
Quite true.

It appears to me Nigerian Muslims are generally the most conscious of their deen in West Africa. Interestingly, Muslim-other religions ratio in Nigeria is just 50-50 whereas a country like Senegal has close to 80-20 in favour of Muslims.

But I observe, even with their not-so-strong practice in those countries, they hardly convert from Islam, unlike what is common in Nigeria, especially among some Southern Nigeria Muslims. They may not be practising, but they still believe they are Muslims, even if they have lived all their lives in France or even born in France.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by tbaba1234: 10:30am On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus:
Quite true.

It appears to me Nigerian Muslims are generally the most conscious of their deen in West Africa. Interestingly, Muslim-other religions ratio in Nigeria is just 50-50 whereas a country like Senegal has close to 80-20 in favour of Muslims.

But I observe, even with their not-so-strong practice in those countries, they hardly convert from Islam, unlike what is common in Nigeria, especially among some Southern Nigeria Muslims. They may not be practising, but they still believe they are Muslims, even if they have lived all their lives in France or even born in France.

The problem lies in the fact that many muslims in the south know very little about their faith and are open to all kinds of dawah given to them..

Muslims in Nigeria are not giving Dawah, Giving dawah is fard upon every muslim...

If you do not give dawah, dawah will be given to you...
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by snubish: 12:14pm On Nov 01, 2012

Good for you! mon pied, ton pied. this pleasant piece of news has me smiling with tears in my eyes just now. May Allah Ar-Rauf make it easy for you.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 5:50pm On Nov 01, 2012
Thank you guys I appreciate the well wishes.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 5:54pm On Nov 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Ooookay, nice! Alhamdulillah, indeed it has to be a personal journey of conviction rather than an imposed act of compulsion. We just need to provide information as at when due to those who want/need it.

You are absolutly right providing knowledge is better than telling anyone what to do. In my case I found it easier when I started reading different books on muslim women. They were really helpful and of course the koran.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 5:57pm On Nov 01, 2012
snubish:

Good for you! mon pied, ton pied. this pleasant piece of news has me smiling with tears in my eyes just now. May Allah Ar-Rauf make it easy for you.

lol how do you remember that but yeah it's nice to see him proud. and thank you.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 6:00pm On Nov 01, 2012
sino: You should try and inspire young muslims who are still finding it difficult to put on the hijab, may Allah assist you.

thank you that's really my mission now especially to the young girl in my family
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 6:04pm On Nov 01, 2012
Jarus:
Quite true.

You are right in my school I met 3 nigeriens who told me they used to be muslim it's really rare to see that in Guinnee and in Senegal. I think the reason is that in these countries neither religion is preachy. we usually leave each other alone to practice what we choose in peace.
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by Nobody: 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2012
Alhamdullilah for you,but then,dnt you know it is compulsory before now?
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by chakula: 8:23am On Nov 02, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin
uplawal: Alhamdullilah for you,but then,dnt you know it is compulsory before now?
Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by deols(f): 9:25am On Nov 02, 2012
uplawal: Alhamdullilah for you,but then,dnt you know it is compulsory before now?

Kmowledge is something.practice is something else. I am sure not everyone can claim to practice Islam the perfect way. We all strive and try to overcome the challenges we are faced with on a daily basis.

I think this sister should be praised and encouraged 4 she has attained a really great feat.

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by BahPulo(f): 5:20pm On Nov 05, 2012

Lol at this post I knew it was compulsory, but I did not follow it as I should, neither did I have anyone forced it on me. I do now, I thank Allah for giving me the will to follow it like you said alhamdulilah. It looks like you follow every thing in the book alhamdulilah for you don't forget to pray for those of us who may not

1 Like

Re: Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab by neighy(m): 10:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
BahPulo:
I am happy to return to this thread and tell my muslim sisters that I finally took the hijab. I feel so liberated that I get mad at myself for delaying it this long. It's been a journey and I am glad to say that I finally reached my destination. I love the inner pose and peace the hijab has given me. I love the fact that I get greeted by a muslim wheneever I pass one because they can tell. I am taken by surprise when strangers I don't know say assallah mallaikum to me on the streets. I love the fact that my husband is happy but most of all I love the fact that I am finally doing what Allah expect from me as a muslim woman. Thank you for your prayers because if you go back to the first few posts on this thread you will see some of you prayed that Allah makes it easy for me to take the hijab He did and Alhamdulillah. MAy Allah make it easy too for our sisters who are finding putting the hijab on hard.
if i no comment e no go good.. May Allah S.W.T. Strengthen u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam / The Beautiful Story Of Yusuf / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.