Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? (9893 Views)

Is Islam Really For Poor People? / Can Islam Really Survive Another 20 Years? / What Islam Really Teaches About Allah And Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by gonzaga: 8:41pm On Nov 11, 2011
Let's speak in practical terms now. Does Islam both in Nigeria and around the world trully represent a peaceful religion? I keep wondering why the proponents and apologists of the religion keep talking about peace when all the evidence point to the contrary. I really want an unbaised assessment of Islam and it's peaceful tenets.

Another question that bugs my mind is this; is it an offence to be a Christian in Nigeria? Why are Christains always being killed in northern Nigeria at the slightest provocation? Why is the Islam practised in the s/west and Edo state not as voilent as that practiced in the north? Why do non northern muslim get killed during religious riots in the north are they not muslim enof?

Maybe this discussion will help us understand the minds of our muslim brothers better. Let's buttress our points with examples if necessary.

Regards.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by okosodo: 9:37pm On Nov 11, 2011
I wish
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 11, 2011
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
no it is a religion of[i] pieces[/i].

[size=16pt]REVERT TO THE GODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NIGERIA PROGRESS LIES IN THE WAY OF THE OLD RELIGIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by LagosShia: 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by thehomer: 8:51pm On Nov 12, 2011
Of course if you're willing to be cowed by violence.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 9:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
@OP, ask urself why They always shout Allah Wakuba each time they kill, the most recent murder as prove is that of late Colonia Gadafi of Libia. They praise Allah when they kill. Why is Nigeria now rated among the Bomb fun Countries? Why should islam be, either u accept Islam or u die religion? The Only Nigeria boy caught with a bomb in attempt to bomb a plan is Muslim and was backed up. Why a real muslim man will not work with a female colleague in same office, why?( I was a victim of this.) So my answer to your question is Yes, there is violence in Islam and this is getting worse. Those Arabs who are not Muslims can be very nice though.
Muslims in NL hate the truth, and ii hate when the truth is hidden.

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Sweetnecta: 9:25pm On Nov 12, 2011
^Allahu Akbar. See. Nobody died.

A killer kills, he said Jesus, when he was doing his evil.

Does that mean shouting Jesus is only done when doing evil or the same signifies doing evil?

The same is the case with mentioning the Name of Allah.

those who mentioned it with evil will have to answer to Allah.

By the way, what was the french pilot shouting when he was dropping bombs on Libyans, killing scores of them leading to how Gaddafi was killed; Jesus Christ?
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by vedaxcool(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
gonzaga:

Let's speak in practical terms now. Does Islam both in Nigeria and around the world trully represent a peaceful religion? I keep wondering why the proponents and apologists of the religion keep talking about peace when all the evidence point to the contrary. I really want an unbaised assessment of Islam and it's peaceful tenets.

Another question that bugs my mind is this; is it an offence to be a Christian in Nigeria? Why are Christains always being killed in northern Nigeria at the slightest provocation? Why is the Islam practised in the s/west and Edo state not as voilent as that practiced in the north? Why do non northern muslim get killed during religious riots in the north are they not muslim enof?

Maybe this discussion will help us understand the minds of our muslim brothers better. Let's buttress our points with examples if necessary.

Regards.

I think all you wrote reflects the typical malaise of a typical average christian in Nigeria, that Simpleton complex, this is to say when dealing with an issue they simply reduce complex issues to a mere joke. and you forgot to add that in southern kaduna alone, Christains massacred their muslims neighbors, now let me pass judgement on Christianity using this, Christianity is a violent religion that encourages killing of infidles
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 9:57pm On Nov 12, 2011
I know Muslims will attack me but i am not ready to argue with them. @sweetnecta, i speak the truth, does a French man speaks English that he will shout Jesus to trow his bomb? First u ve faiked becos, French people know nothing about Christianity. They only know that Catholic church is a place to worship Mary each sunday.

I ve worked with non serious Muslims, i know what i am talking about.
They teach their Children to hate especially Black race. This is the origin of violence.
My boss was tired of adressing the isue becos one can't file a case a kid.

A little girl one day told me, she hates black because her dad told her that Blacks looks like the Devil. shocked
Her mother confirmed, it was truth that the x husband has always warned their kids not to mingo with Blacks.
We got several race insults from only the Arabian Children.
Islam teaches violence, take it or u leave it, i wont stop it though!
Madam are u a Muslim? No why? Nothing just want to know. Hahaha, after that day they confirm u dont belong, they no longer smile at u as usual. OMG what a mentality.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 10:03pm On Nov 12, 2011
[/quote][quote author=vedaxcool link=topic=801408.msg9541715#msg9541715 date=1321130202]
I think all you wrote reflects the typical malaise of a typical average christian in Nigeria, that Simpleton complex, this is to say when dealing with an issue they simply reduce complex issues to a mere joke. and you forgot to add that in southern kaduna alone, Christains massacred their muslims neighbors, now let me pass judgement on Christianity using this, Christianity is a violent religion that encourages killing of infidles

Euhh! Like i said, take it or u leave it, it wont stop the voilence.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by mazaje(m): 10:08pm On Nov 12, 2011
A religion that encourages people to kill infidels in its holy book can not be said to be peaceful. . . .A religion whose adherents go about killing others while chanting Allah is great can not be put  together with peace in the same sentence. . .

[2.216] Fighting is enjoined on you, [2.217], fighting in it. Say: Fighting in it is a grave matter, persecution is graver than slaughter. . . [2.218]. . .strove hard in the way of Allah. . .

There are many such verses in the koran that muslims use to justify killing infidels. . .Besides according to the koran the worst creatures in the sight of Allah are those who disbelieve. 8:55. . . .So extremist muslims see nothing wrong in killing infidels since Allah dislikes the unbelievers. . .

1 Like

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2011
First of all Islam is a religion of PURE VIOLENCE as it is the only religion that advocates for the slaying of infidels.Christianity does not.And before you start quoting violent texts from the OT please read Romans 10.4 CHRISTIANS ARE NOT BOUND TO THE 636 LAWS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT WE ARE BOUND TO THE COVENANT CHRIST CREATED WHEN HE DIED.Get it! okay! Please show me any violent text in the NT?Christianity of course has a bloody history(which doesn't apply to me coz it was a strictly european affair. Unlike Islam where all converts except the tanzanians are violent psychopaths).
The Norwegian affair would have never happened if muslim iraqis never immigrated to Norway.Why do muslims insist on going to Europe,land of the infidels? stay home and leave us christians alone.
Last I checked,the London riots started as a black affair and christianity had nothing to do with it.Unlike islam WE HAVE SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND PERSONAL LIVES.and also europeans are secular than christian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 10:29pm On Nov 12, 2011
They re not getting the msg, A proper violent religion.
Islam is the biggest problem the world is facing today, especially Countries like Nigeria that welcomed it.
Islam is = no peace, Violence=Islam. See what mohammed has caused angry
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Judek2(m): 11:09pm On Nov 12, 2011
Islam is not peaceful and can never be peaceful.
Islam is the definition of Violence.
Defending Islam by Islamists on NL is just like the case of a pregnant virgin.For no matter how hard she tries to cover it,her stomach keeps on swelling.

I shed tears after reading this
http://Www.thereligionofpeace.com
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by mazaje(m): 11:13pm On Nov 12, 2011
Islam is a religion of Piss not peace. . . .
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Sweetnecta: 1:28am On Nov 13, 2011
@Gerald710; « #12 on: Yesterday at 10:10:45 PM »
[Quote]First of all Islam is a religion of PURE VIOLENCE as it is the only religion that advocates for the slaying of infidels.Christianity does not.And before you start quoting violent texts from the OT please read Romans 10.4 CHRISTIANS ARE NOT BOUND TO THE 636 LAWS OF THE OLD TESTAMENT WE ARE BOUND TO THE COVENANT CHRIST CREATED WHEN HE DIED.Get it! okay! [/b]Please show me [b]any violent text in the NT?Christianity of course has a bloody history(which doesn't apply to me coz it was a strictly european affair. Unlike Islam where all converts except the tanzanians are violent psychopaths).[/Quote]Since we are being honest here, the word infidel appears in the Book of Titus in the NT of the Bible, and there is no word for infidel in arabic, but there are words for disbelievers; Kafirun. I am now certain that your quoting Romans 10.4 to separate Christianity from if you will whatever Moses and Jesus practiced shows how really astray christianity is from the true religion of Jesus. And from NT, Jesus was reported to say that he brought swords and wars and divisions into the family, but not peace or family unity. Further, we read Jesus actually telling people that a certain king will command that they should bring before him and slaughter those from his kingdom who do not want him to reign over them. We actually read about his commanding his followers to buy swords by selling everything they have except whatever they are wearing and not hold on to anything else. If having nothing but the cloth on your back is not a sign of death wish, I don't know what that is?

[Quote]The Norwegian affair would have never happened if muslim iraqis never immigrated to Norway.Why do muslims insist on going to Europe,land of the infidels? stay home and leave us christians alone.[/Quote]and the christian europe and america have always been traveling to muslim Iraq for many decades. You are complaining about that, disrupting their society including their governance, so much so that they destroy the Islamic Kalifa office. Have you heard of Lawrence of Arabia, a damn englishman that britain rose up so that the arabs may go against the Ottoman turk's kalifa office. Welcome to truth.

[Quote]Last I checked,the London riots started as a black affair and christianity had nothing to do with it.Unlike islam WE HAVE SEPERATION OF CHURCH AND PERSONAL LIVES.and also europeans are secular than christian.[/Quote]why can't you say the hausas are just being hausas in their own cultural way, and Islam has nothing to do with it? I personally think that the hausas are being hausas in the political arena, using Islam to cover, instead of just coming out without dragging my religion into their mess. The hausa elites should know better. They seem not to get it. Islam is different from Arabs, Urdu, hausa or any people, culture, language. It stands alone and if you are deviating from it, you are not from it.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Sweetnecta: 1:41am On Nov 13, 2011
@Judek2: « #14 on: Yesterday at 11:09:42 PM »
[Quote]Islam is not peaceful and can never be peaceful.
Islam is the definition of Violence.
Defending Islam by Islamists on NL is just like the case of a pregnant virgin.For no matter how hard she tries to cover it,her stomach keeps on swelling.

I shed tears after reading this
http://Www.thereligionofpeace.com[/Quote]I am a muslim. I have been muslim for close to 6 decades. My father was about 60 years before he had me. His father was. So was his father. And so on. My mother's mother was. So was her mother. So was her mother. So was her mother. And so on. I am an authentic muslim. Authentically Yoruba. It is the Islam in me that has elevated me. It made my character better, though I am not perfect. But I am conscious of all my faults, because Islam gives me that consciousness.

If you are ashamed of Islam, it is because you are looking at the bad eggs who in spite of being muslims do evil. My examples of normal muslims are many, and varied. But all of them have 1 thing in common; they are all converts and people say that they are better people because of Islam. They themselves will say this to you if you asked them. I will not be judged by the action of another, if I am not an influence to bring about that action. I am grateful to Allah for making my soul long for obedience to Him. I am a happy slave of my Lord.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Rgp92: 2:20am On Nov 13, 2011
Quran:

"Slay them wherever you find them, (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people, They desire nothing but your ruin, You believe in the entire Book, When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, His forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches, " (Surah 3:156-)

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"The Jews and Christians say: 'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by iotama22: 5:26am On Nov 13, 2011
THIS IS WHAT I THINK,

Someone, a friend, posted this, "Arabic classes for children & adults now hold Sats & Suns at [], 10am-12noon. Call 0703000000 for details."

And here is my Response:

Look Mr, I want to be very frank with you here. Studying Arabic is just one of the ways that Nigerians have continued to religionise blindly, So, I personally will not lead in with stuffs like this.

Quite frankly, have we asked ourselves who a child would become after studying Arabic? At best another Arabic teacher who will be interpreting/translating the Koran. To me, I feel our generation should henceforth desist from religionising because religion is the problem of the world.

Perhaps you have seen this mind arousing message before, but I enjoin you to ponder over it more deeply and you find out that most of the things we practice in religion are actually other people's cultures.

Excerpts:

There was an army barracks that had on its duty roster 4 soldiers to guard at all times a concrete slab in front of the barracks. The soldiers changed shifts guarding the slabs for many years. Different commanders came and went and the tradition continued.
After many years, a new commander was assigned to the barracks. Amongst the things he did was asking why things were done the way they were. When he asked why soldiers were guarding the slab, he was told, "We've always done it this way. It's our tradition. Our former commanders instructed us to do that."
The commander was adamant on finding out why. He went to the archives to look for answers and he came across a document that had the explanation. The document was very old. It had instructions written by one of the retired commanders who had even passed away.
The new commander learnt that over 80 years ago, the barracks wanted to build a platform where events could be performed. When the concrete slab was laid, wild animals walked over it at night before the slab would dry. The soldiers would fix it the next morning but when evening came the same thing would happen. So the commander ordered that 4 soldiers should guard the concrete slab for 3 weeks to allow it to dry. The following week the commander was transferred to another post and a new commander was brought in. The new commander found the routine and enforced it and every commander that came did the same. Eighty years later the barracks continued guarding a concrete slab.

What beliefs, attitudes, traditions have you carried on that were relevant to certain people or a certain time and they are still being carried out by you? Is your opinion about yourself, people of a different race, the opposite sex, certain business opportunities, new products etc obsolete? Question the status quo.

The human mind is like a key that should open many locks (nature's mysteries), Unfortunately, our ancestors have created a system that is unusually restrictive and preventing our keys (minds) from unlocking the mysteries in nature,

Don't get me wrong my brother. I AM NOT AGAINST ISLAM but I AM against anything (religion specifically) that incarcerates the mind.

Religion, contrary to what we erroneously think, does NOT liberate the mind! Rather it worsens the state of the mind, reducing it to something akin to infertility. God created the human mind to be fertile but religion is subjecting the mind to the antithetical phenomenon. For instance, Galileo Galilei was killed by the so called CHURCH because he said the earth moved round the sun!!! What do we have in science today I have archives of many others that the Islam religion has destroyed. I won't go too far on the Islam thing but I'll never forget the way Gideon Akaluka's head was paraded on the streets of Kano by MUSLIMS, our fellow Nigerians!!!

Sirs and Mas, I submit, with passion and humility, that life is far worth much more than religionising. God has NO RELIGION, let us stop deceiving ourselves.

Thank you!
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Sweetnecta: 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2011
^^ Nice post, except that not all arabic language students will turn out to be just arabic language teach translating arab texts.

some who are not even arabic language student, but devoted part of their youth in Islamic curriculum become Professors of medicine, Engineering, etc and other specialized disciplines. I know because in my family, the one who loved Quran most out of 3 children, of my older cousin is a professor of medicine, today, while the boy who least paid attention to Quran, even with all his Loyola College privilege education, is also the least academically successful. The whole of Arab world is a lab, disproving your statement.

Yes. God does not have a religion because he does not worship. However, God has chosen a religion for man in order that man worship Him by it. It is the worship that man offers to God by this religion that is acceptable to God, because this religion is the one He commands man upon. He commanded Adam on it and this religion is not a new religion, but the first religion and the oldest religion known to man. It is Islam. The religion that you seem to be criticizing by your not wanting anyone to establish or study Arabic as a language worthy of studying.

America is now establishing the study of Chinese language in California, even from kindergarten grade onward. Why? China is now the up coming new top nation of the world. So is India. 30 years ago, no one could imagine this happening. Can't Arab world be this for some future time? Absolutely. It was once. It could repeat it, just like Israel is repeating it now.

Oh, and the story of the slab, the best solution was ignored all from the start. if they had installed a barrier of wire mesh around the slab strong and tight and high enough to prevent all the animals, even the ones flying from reaching its surface, in as many days to get it firm enough, while it will completely cure in 21 days, under optimum conditions, the amount of man power that could have been saved would have tremendous before the last commander discovered that resources were being wasted.

Waste the slab needed? You bet.

Just because under wrong management, the reason for the slab was obscured and completely missed that if the management had been right on point at the beginning, the story would have been different. This is religion; If the one practicing it follows its tenets, you will see the real religion, beautiful or unattractive.

The correct religion, when it is rightly practiced, the beauty is tremendous. You cant hide it. We should not attempt to hide Islam, just because so many, if not few are practicing it incorrectly.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Judek2(m): 9:49pm On Nov 13, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Gerald710; « #12 on: Yesterday at 10:10:45 PM »Since we are being honest here, the word infidel appears in the Book of Titus in the NT of the Bible, and there is no word for infidel in arabic, but there are words for disbelievers; Kafirun. I am now certain that your quoting Romans 10.4 to separate Christianity from if you will whatever Moses and Jesus practiced shows how really astray christianity is from the true religion of Jesus. And from NT,
(1) Jesus was reported to say that he brought swords and wars and divisions into the family, but not peace or family unity. Further, we read Jesus actually telling people that (2) a certain king will command that they should bring before him and slaughter those from his kingdom who do not want him to reign over them. We actually read about his (3) commanding his followers to buy swords by selling everything they have except whatever they are wearing and not hold on to anything else. If having nothing but the cloth on your back is not a sign of death wish, I don't know what that is?

i just hate it when someone who poses himself to be educated and enghlightened should represent himself with some vaguely assumptions just to defend his stand.

(1) you should be able to attribute it to the present day apostates of Islam,as they are rejected and persecuted by their own, he speaks on facts as parents shall rise against their own when they accept the truth.then what shall that cause?

(2) you should understand when he speaks of attitudes of earthly masters and their selfish way of leadership, it calls for obedience to those you are subjects to.

On the third case,a dumb fellow only needs a guide,for talking without guideance is useless to him.
I have splitly explained that details to you before,and wont suffer to explain it again to someone who is deaf.I can post the link for you if you want,

Nothing can ever prove my lord Jesus as violence, he is the PRINCE OF PEACE,
I love you Jesus.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 11:50pm On Nov 13, 2011
Wrong, wrong interpretations, there are Certain truth u ought to know about Jesus Christ.

@Sweetnecta, u should know that Jesus do spoke in parables, he never spoke to multitudes witout parables. He was a Master of parable. In his teaching, Jesus used parables often and to great effect. Parables were a good way to teach and He was good at telling them. However, there were more reasons than that for Jesus’s use of parables. Below are some i could figure out,

He knew that not everybody would understand or give proper thought to his parables. Just like mohamed ve misinterpreted them in the kuran. Some people tune their hearts and ears to God’s word, while others deliberately block their ears to God’s voice (Like YOU) .Yet others neither tune nor block their ears Jesus told parables to challenge such folk.( These folks do understand and never twist his words, they re the true Followers)

He always take advantage of occasions, when multitudes flocked to hear him speak, through the parables he could enlighten those whos hearts were sincere and receptive and were hungering and thirsting for righteousness (Mtt 5:6). (not those socked in a blinded belief)

When he told the parable of the sower,, ( And his disciples came, and said unto him,  "Why do you speak to them in parables?" (Mtt 13:10). See 
(Verse 11-17) 11: He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

12: For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.

13: Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14: And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15: For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

16: But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

17: For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Jesus In telling the parables, u can understand he was bringing pressure to bear upon his listeners, to either open their spiritual eyes and ears and be enlightened, or to shut their eyes and ears tighter and be condemned. He answered them by qouting Isaiah 6:8-10 see qoutes, (8: Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9: And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10: Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Although @Judek2, has explained to u already but it made no sense to u why? i hope u will understand now and stop misinterpreting Jesus. If u dont care, its left for you. 
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Sweetnecta: 3:51am On Nov 14, 2011
@Judek2; « #21 on: Yesterday at 09:49:37 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Yesterday at 01:28:10 AM
@Gerald710; « #12 on: Yesterday at 10:10:45 PM »Since we are being honest here, the word infidel appears in the Book of Titus in the NT of the Bible, and there is no word for infidel in arabic, but there are words for disbelievers; Kafirun. I am now certain that your quoting Romans 10.4 to separate Christianity from if you will whatever Moses and Jesus practiced shows how really astray christianity is from the true religion of Jesus. And from NT,
(1) Jesus was reported to say that he brought swords and wars and divisions into the family, but not peace or family unity. Further, we read Jesus actually telling people that (2) a certain king will command that they should bring before him and slaughter those from his kingdom who do not want him to reign over them. We actually read about his (3) [/b]commanding his followers to buy swords by selling everything they have except whatever they are wearing and not hold on to anything else. If having nothing but the cloth on your back is not a sign of death wish, I don't know what that is?

[b]i just hate it when someone who poses himself to be educated and enghlightened should represent himself with some vaguely assumptions just to defend his stand
.[/Quote]Are you denying that 1. Jesus didn't say he brought swords, instead of peace, 2. Jesus didn't say in a parable as a king that they should bring people before the king for slaughter, 3. Jesus did not command his disciples to buy swords? are you kidding me?

[Quote](1) you should be able to attribute it to the present day apostates of Islam,as they are rejected and persecuted by their own, he speaks on facts as parents shall rise against their own when they accept the truth.then what shall that cause?[/Quote]so what you are saying was that he was at his time saying that he brought division to muslims of Muhammad [as] that started 630 years later? thats a stretch, also which made you deny that Jesus divided family.

[Quote](2) you should understand when he speaks of attitudes of earthly masters and their selfish way of leadership, it calls for obedience to those you are subjects to.[/Quote]but Jesus was a king, specifically the king of the jews, in general the king of kings, according to the christians. so he is talking about himself.

[Quote]On the third case,a dumb fellow only needs a guide,for talking without guideance is useless to him.
I have splitly explained that details to you before,and wont suffer to explain it again to someone who is deaf.[/b]I can post the link for you if you want,[/Quote]didn't Jesus command his disciples to sell their holdings and buy swords with the money gained?

[Quote]Nothing can ever prove my lord [b]Jesus as violence
, he is the PRINCE OF PEACE,
I love you Jesus.[/Quote]read your bible, its in there.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by Judek2(m): 8:26am On Nov 14, 2011
@Sweetnecta,
You realy need to grow up and stop being shallow minded.
Even as you were provided with some honest facts,yet you still detest.
Your types is an authentic representation of the Pharisees during the time of Jesus,they were blind to the truth.

What i'm i implying,
A man who does not know,and knows that he does not know,when told that he needs to know,claims that he knows, he is as dumb as innanimates.
Likewise a man who knows,and knows that he knows,when told no need to stress,claims that he does not know, he is as dangerous as Adder.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2011
@Judek2, i guess we ve done enough for him, just dont wast in some1 like @ Sweetnecta. U will never make sense instead he will drag u to veil arguements.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by LagosShia: 3:10pm On Nov 14, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by LagosShia: 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2011
Rgp92:

Quran:

"Slay them wherever you find them, (Surah 2:190-)

"Fighting is obligatory for you, much as you dislike it." (Surah 2:216)

"Believers, do not make friends with any but your own people, They desire nothing but your ruin, You believe in the entire Book, When they meet you they say: 'We, too, are believers.' But when alone, they bite their finger-tips with rage." (Surah 3:118, 119)

"If you should die or be slain in the cause of God, His forgiveness and His mercy would surely be better than all the riches, " (Surah 3:156-)

"Seek out your enemies relentlessly." (Surah 4:103-)

"The Jews and Christians say: 'We are the children of God and His loved ones.' Say: 'Why then does He punish you for your sins?" (Surah 5:18)

"Believers, take neither Jews nor Christians for your friends." (Surah 5:51)

[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by mabell: 4:09pm On Nov 14, 2011
Hmmmmmmm
BOKO HARAM (against western education), just wondering
undecided
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by plappville(f): 4:20pm On Nov 14, 2011
Luke 19:27
"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

These are languages u can't understand if u ve refused from the start to give a deaf ear. Jesus speaks in parable, only those who are willing understands and they get revived of it.
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by vedaxcool(m): 4:34pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^

we can likewise make the same argument that the Qur'an spoke in divine language and those who want to understand it will understand it those who want to donkey about it will do so. unless the malaise i talked about earlier afflicting Christianity are dealt with that is SIMPLETON COMPLEX we will have to go round in circles. If Jesus called for violence he was speaking in Parable but if the Qur'an calls Muslims to defend themselves it is violence, yeah we dey laugh at unah! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Islam Really A Religion Of Peace? by AbuHanifa: 4:59pm On Nov 14, 2011
^^^^rotflmaoooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Does Islam Forbids Contraceptive Pills? / Are Islamic Religious Leaders Failing Islam? / What To Do Upon Seeing A Bad Dream?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 153
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.