Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise (1599 Views)

Swiftband Gives You Unlimited Internet With Swift 4G/LTE / How To Speedup Internet With Top 10 Public DNS Servers / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by FabulousAutos(m): 5:06pm On Feb 25, 2012
This questions applies especially to Naija based buyers.
I saw some android smartphones, code readers and other electronic gadgets on eBay and their prices makes lots of economic sense. I was informed by my bankers that I can buy anything from the net using my GTB mastercard and my UBA visa. Have anybody tried this? Is there any possibility that my goods won't get delivered in Lagos after the money is deducted? What are the pros and cons of buying stuffs from the net to be shipped and delivered in Naija? Can you recommend a trusted website to me and also share your experience.

Thanks.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by usapolo: 7:38pm On Feb 25, 2012
Generally buying from the website is a good idea but in the USA merchants do not ship outside of America.
If you are interseted in buying items in the USA contact me and I will show you the available options.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by Nobody: 7:51pm On Feb 25, 2012
usapolo:

Generally buying from the website is a good idea but in the USA merchants do not ship outside of America.
If you are interseted in buying items in the USA contact me and I will show you the available options.

Not true.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by olempe(m): 9:31pm On Feb 25, 2012
@ usapolo, Does he need to contact u again to get the info? He already did papi. Just tell him, right here.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by FabulousAutos(m): 2:19pm On Feb 26, 2012
@Digits
Thanks a million. I truly appreciate this. I'll check that link asap. Will also give you a shout today.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by usapolo: 7:31pm On Feb 26, 2012
Generally means that there are always exceptions to the rule.
Alibaba is not in the USA like Ebay is.
I am not desperate for someone to contact me hence
no contact number left.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by Nobody: 7:41pm On Feb 26, 2012
What proof do you have that:

"in the USA merchants do not ship outside of America"

I'm a merchant in the USA and I ship worldwide.

The way I read your comment, your use of generally applied only to the part of buying from websites.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by usapolo: 8:49pm On Feb 26, 2012
I don't know why you people are making such an issue of a general statement.
To be specific Amazon, EbaY, Best Buy, Walmart will not ship to an address outside the USA.
These are the common retailers I am referring to.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by Nobody: 9:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
usapolo:

I don't know why you people are making such an issue of a general statement.
To be specific Amazon, EbaY, Best Buy, Walmart will not ship to an address outside the USA.
These are the common retailers I am referring to.

You did not make a general statement and you continue to dispel untruths.

Your motive is questioned when you promote untruths, specifically that "in the USA merchants do not ship outside of America" and then you tried to route the OP to you by saying "If you are interested in buying items in the USA contact me and I will show you the available options". That is an attempt of manipulation based on untruths.

At least three responses later you still haven't corrected your statement or at least validating it by linking a source from eBay that bans shipment overseas.

To answer your question on why I took an issue at your untruth, it's because I am an eBay merchant and I ship overseas. Your untruth is a danger to my botom line since I seek sales opportunity in Nigeria.

Hope this clears it up for you.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by usapolo: 9:24pm On Feb 26, 2012
It is obvious you are looking out for your own self interest. You may choose to ship outside the USA but the general sellers on ebay would not entertain shipping outside the USA, especially to Nigeria. It is not just to combat fraud it is also about paying additional cross border fees. There is nothing wrong with letting people know the pros and cons of debit card purchases.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
usapolo:

It is obvious you are looking out for your own self interest. You may choose to ship outside the USA but the general sellers on ebay would not entertain shipping outside the USA, especially to Nigeria. It is not just to combat fraud it is also about paying additional cross border fees. There is nothing wrong with letting people know the pros and cons of debit card purchases.

I am looking out for the best interest of my fellow eBayers who ship outside of the United States. We do't need rumors and lies to be promoted on the internet that is bad for business.

Pro and cons are good but not when they are based on shill untruths like what you wrote and which by the way you have not corrected.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by usapolo: 9:33pm On Feb 26, 2012
Go F---k Yourself
That is the correction u need
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
usapolo:

Go F---k Yourself
That is the correction u need

I understand your frustration but I'll pass on your suggestion. Hope you don't mind.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by xtremeidea(m): 3:09pm On Feb 27, 2012
[size=18pt]LMAO!!! [/size]

Somorin#1:

I understand your frustration but I'll pass on your suggestion. Hope you don't mind.

A WELL MATURED REPLY!!! grin grin grin
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by xtremeidea(m): 4:01pm On Feb 27, 2012
@Somorin#1

wHATS UR EBAY NAME AND WHAT DO U SELL?
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by FabulousAutos(m): 9:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
Thanks everyone for your contributions. Some of the responses did got me skeptical and I'm beginning to think that it will be safer for me to pay the extra amount at the neighboring shop and pick up the products with peace of mind and a valid warrantee. Thanx once again.
Re: Buying From The Internet With Debit Card: Pls Advise by harpo(m): 11:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
What card is best for online purchases, i got Zenith bux visa an its been rejected in virtually all the websites i tried buying from, please i need help

(1) (Reply)

My Hp Laptop Can Not Restar Or Showdown / SOLD Dell 16GB RAM, 128GB SSD+1TB HDD, 6th Gen. Quad-Core i7, 4GB Nvidia GTX 960 / Hp Pavilion15 ITB 8gb 2gb Nvidia Dedicated @230k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.