Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,990 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:10 AM

Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? (38238 Views)

When The Pastor Lays Hands On You And You Refuse To Fall / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 3:42pm On Feb 26, 2012
I have been wondering, is it right for people to always fall down whenever a pastor lays hand on them? In the Bible, only those possessed of the devil fell down while being prayed for, so why are church members always falling down whenever the pastor lays a hand on them or blows on them? Does it mean the church members are always possessed or they are just playing to the camera and trying to impress the pastor?

These are just questions because I want to learn and grow in the Lord.

Only Christians should comment pls!
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 3:44pm On Feb 26, 2012
Joagbaje, BERNIMORE, goshen360, Enigma, mabell, newmi, etc etc I await your comments pls.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by hightechbiotech: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2012
from my experience i fell down when pastor chris blew his breeze on me during atmosphere for miracle. Till now as am writing this i still cant believe why me and everybody he touch fell that day, because i actually joined the line in curiousity to meet him one on one and see if i will fall too as am sure am not posses, but to my great amuzement immediately he blew his breeze i couldnt stand amymore, i was like did i just fall?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ayodele123(m): 5:32pm On Feb 26, 2012
Most of the time,it happens through the demonic pastors who use it to proof that they are anointed 'men of God''
That a person ''falls under the anointing'' is no proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit
Its the Spirit of the Last days at work.
Do not be deceived. The Bible says that in the last days,false Christs shall arise and shall perform great and lying wonders to the effect that even the elect shall be deceived

2 Likes

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Joagbaje(m): 5:34pm On Feb 26, 2012
hightechbiotech:

from my experience i fell down when pastor chris blew his breeze on me during atmosphere for miracle. Till now as am writing this i still cant believe why me and everybody he touch fell that day, because i actually joined the line in curiousity to meet him one on one and see if i will fall too as am sure am not posses, but to my great amuzement immediately he blew his breeze i couldnt stand amymore, i was like did i just fall?

Pls tell those who doubt Gods power.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Joagbaje(m): 5:36pm On Feb 26, 2012
ayodele123:

Most of the time,it happens through the demonic pastors who use it to proof that they are anointed 'men of God''
That a person ''falls under the anointing'' is no proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit
Its the Spirit of the Last days at work.
Do not be deceived. The Bible says that in the last days,false Christs shall arise and shall perform great and lying wonders to the effect that even the elect shall be deceived

So the demon has power to knock Christians down . With all the holyghost in them? Very funny . What you don't know you should keep quiet about it. Or rather ask question . Don't  act as though you know in the area you lack Information
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 5:51pm On Feb 26, 2012
FXKing2012:

Joagbaje, BERNIMORE, goshen360, Enigma, mabell, newmi, etc etc I await your comments pls.

Thanks my brother for the honour. I will also honour this thread by saying, no man has monopoly of Bible knowledge.

I WILL RATHER WE DISCUSS THIS TOPIC AS MATURE AND BIBLE STUDENTS. LET US TEACH OURSELVES. LET US OPEN THE BIBLE AND DIG DEEP. LET IT NOT BE ONE PERSON'S BELIEVE OR IDEA. I AM REALLY INTERESTED IN THIS TOPIC. THE BIBLE IS OUR FINAL WORD AND AUTHORITY. LET US BE MATURE PLEASE AND NO HOLDING TO ONE'S BELIEVE HERE ON THIS TOPIC PLEASE.

"Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Acts 20:32(NIV)
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Image123(m): 5:56pm On Feb 26, 2012
@OP, no except there is going to be profit in the fall. Jo, i'm sure you can't defend this one scripturally too, just like you couldn't the other issue.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2012
oh this nigg.ah was defeated here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-877375.0.html so he wants to put his own spin to the tale. abeg theres no need for duplicate threads abi?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 26, 2012
Image123:

@OP, no except there is going to be profit in the fall. Jo, i'm sure you can't defend this one scripturally too, just like you couldn't the other issue.
Don't underestimate Jo's powers. He can teach you to mas2bate without thinking, what else can't He do?

Joagbaje:

Lmao. NO questioning, you just accept this fiction cos it supports your view?

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
musKeeto:

Don't underestimate Jo's powers. He can teach you to mas2bate without thinking, what else can't He do?

i'm really learning some new mas2bation skills from him kiss
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 7:09pm On Feb 26, 2012
diluminati:

oh this nigg.ah was defeated here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-877375.0.html so he wants to put his own spin to the tale. abeg theres no need for duplicate threads abi?

I think we should dig it deep biblically.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 26, 2012
Why don't other pastors fall?
The senoir ones?
Abi annointing no pass annointing again?

I prob won't understand anyway.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by 2mch(m): 7:12pm On Feb 26, 2012
That is the general expectation. But some people just refuse to cooperate with the rest of the flock. It becomes more necessary when there are camera's around. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 26, 2012
Even the cameramen no dey ever cooperate,

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 7:21pm On Feb 26, 2012
^^^lol.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2012
It is not uncommon in some traditional african ritualistic rites to come under the influence of spirits and fall down as a result. If you choose not to fall, it only means you have not come under the influence.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 26, 2012
theres no point wasting bandwidth to over talk. christians are supposed to be mild mannerd now abi? talkativeness is a sin. so we who have reasonings faculties activated know whats going on in those crusades and church meetings.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 26, 2012
Like when i lectured joe agbaje some time back:

Joagbaje:

So why do they fall?

1. Excitement
2. Trying to impress the pastor (hero worshipping)
3. Trying to impress their friends and other christian folks around
4. Tiredness
5. Scheming
6. Impressing the larger conglomerate (you know there are cameras everywhere and it will be aired live across all satellite t.v stations and viewed by millions worldwide). You get my drift?

So thats why people fall. case close.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 7:38pm On Feb 26, 2012
diluminati:

i'm really learning some new mas2bation skills from him kiss

I believe I said Christians only.

hightechbiotech:

This exact thing happened to me at the healing school and I just cant explain it. Those who havent experienced it cant understand though.

Joagbaje:

But is it in the Bible? If it's not in the Bible then we may have to question it.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 26, 2012
FXKing2012:

I believe I said Christians only.

This exact thing happened to me at the healing school and I just cant explain it. Those who havent experienced it cant understand though.

But is it in the Bible? If it's not in the Bible then we may have to question it.
Your experience is similar to those experienced by adherents of other religions. YOUR INTERPRETATION IS THE DIFFERENCE. Psychology and dilluminati have the answers :-)
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 8:28pm On Feb 26, 2012
[color=#990000]Have you nor read in the bible about LYING WONDERS?[/color]
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 8:57pm On Feb 26, 2012
goshen360:

[color=#990000]Have you nor read in the bible about LYING WONDERS?[/color]

Pls tell me more.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2012
I am using my phone now n cannot type much. I want us to look into every scriptures where people fell, what made them fall and compare to present day. I hope to address this in details by tomorrow,when I shall type from my computer. Lying wonders is in the bible and it is signs of the end time by false prophets. See you tomorrow sir.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2012
I am using my phone now n cannot type much. I want us to look into every scriptures where people fell, what made them fall and compare to present day. I hope to address this in details by tomorrow,when I shall type from my computer. Lying wonders is in the bible and it is signs of the end time by false prophets. See you tomorrow sir.

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 10:13pm On Feb 26, 2012
goshen360:

Will be expecting u 2moro then. Cheers!
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 12:43am On Feb 27, 2012
Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders, 2 Thess. 2:9 (KJV)

The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with the work of Satan displayed in all kinds of counterfeit miracles, signs and wonders, 2 Thess. 2:9 (NIV)

The Pentecostal movement says when the Spirit comes upon you it will overcome you with power, slaying you, hence making you to fall under the anointing and power of the Holy Ghost. Today this has become the common denominator of the Spirits presence with power and is sought after as proof of receiving the anointing and portrays a proof of anointed ones. This is not to discount that the Holy Spirit cannot do unusual things, however before we put a stamp of approval on a practice to be a normality instead of the unusual, we need to see if it is promoted as such in the Scriptures and hence giving it a biblical support so we can validate it as Christians.

The problem today is many believe every thing and every spirit which we are warned never to believe every spirits. Christians today will NOT go back to the scriptures to see if what is being taught is correct or wrong. Those who participate in this practice need to consider what they are really attributing to the Holy Spirit. There is no Biblical precedent for this and need to consider the source of the activity. We are not excluding that God cannot overwhelm someone with his presence, what needs to be questioned is when it becomes a normal practice in the church that represents the Spirits work.

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 1 John 4:1 (NIV)

When the Spirit came upon Jesus at His baptism He came up out of the water; He didn’t collapse and sink down! The Lord Jesus had power to heal even the worst cases of disease, blindness and crippled limbs, and yet no one who Jesus ever touched fell over “slain.” Nor do we find Peter or John touching people and causing them to fall over. They did not ask other disciples to stand behind those they were going to lay hands on, to catch them as they toppled backward by the power. The New Testament has no people lining up waiting for the “anointing” to be passed on from another, not even the Apostles. Can you picture any of the Apostles running up to people and slapping them on the forehead, or lining people up to be slain? No soft music or repetitive choruses were sung to set an atmosphere for the anointing to fall. No one yelled repetitive phrases like, “Fire!” or “touch” or “More, Lord!” or “Take it” or “Receive it now”

"As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Then Jesus was led by the Spirit into the desert to be tempted by the devil." Matt 3:16 – 4:1

The power of the Holy Spirit is suppose to enable us overcome temptations as seen above. The power is suppose to get people up not put them down and out. At the gate Beautiful Peter said to the blind man, “silver and gold I have none, but in the name of Jesus, RISE UP and walk.” Most of these new anointed dispensers of power can’t say the same because silver and gold they have abundantly. The power of God got people up; those who were thrown to the ground shaking and having convulsions were not possessed by the Holy Spirit but often demon-possessed in need of deliverance. They were not reacting from receiving God’s power they were in need of God’s power for it to stop.

So where does this all come from in this latter days? Those who advocate the support and validate this practice need to consider what they are really attributing to the Holy Spirit. There is no Biblical precedent for being “slain in the Spirit” or “falling under the anointing of the Holy Spirit” as we see being practiced today.

Scriptures used to validate this as Biblical are:
Gen.15, 17:1-3; Josh.5:13-15; Ez.1:28, 43:1-5, 44:4; Mt.17:5-6; Rev. 7:11, 11:16-17; Acts 9.

Many fell backwards in Scripture, but it was not a blessing! In 1 Samuel 4:18: Eli fell off his seat backwards on hearing of the death of his sons and the capture of the Ark and he died. Isaiah 28:13 the prophet speaks of God’s Word sent to refresh, but if not heard it became a judgment “that they may go and stumble backward, and be broken.” In all these examples it is a judgment, not a blessing! In 1 Samuel 28:20 we read of Saul immediately collapsing “full length” on the ground upon hearing of his impending death from Samuel after consulting the witch of Endor.

2 Chronicles 5, describes God’s glory filling the newly completed Temple. It says, “The priests could not continue ministering , for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God” (v.14). This cannot be made into a normative occurrence for today’s Church, as many have tried to do. This was a celebration because the temple was completed, the ark was brought in and Solomon had the priests assemble inside the most holy place. Inside the glory manifested physically as cloud in a contained place, the rest of Israel was still standing outside. In 2 Chronicles 7:2 and I Kings 8:11 the priests could not enter the temple or perform the priestly duties of the LORD because the temple was filled with the glory of the LORD.

In Ezekiel 1:28 and 2:1 the prophet is overwhelmed by the vision he saw and falls forward in worship. Those who are holy fall forward in conscious submission to God’s Holy presence. They do not become dazed and confused, as in some spirit services today. Those who are enemies fall backward when confronted with God’s true power. Philippians 2 says every knee will bow. Those who are conscious of who they serve bow forward, willingly and fully conscious. Those who fall backward overwhelmed, show a lack of submission, and rebellion.

Daniel, in 10:4-11 encountered a powerful angel and said, “I had no strength left, my face turned deathly pale, and I was helpless, I fell into a deep sleep, my face to the ground.” Daniel fell on his face; he fell forward. This was not without purpose. Daniel, a prophet, was receiving revelation that would become Scripture. Since in the Old Testament those who were affected in this manner were not born again, indwelt permanently by the Holy Spirit, this experience cannot be used as normative for the Church today. When John saw Jesus glorified in heaven (Revelation 1:17) he describes that, ‘“I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.” John was overcome with fear; he did not recognize Him as the Jesus He knew on earth.
In examples from either the Old Testament or the New, the men affected did not have a permanent indwelling of the Spirit.

When the soldiers came to arrest Jesus, in John 18:4-6 He reveals His power in a unique way. He identified himself to the soldiers who were arresting him and they “drew back and fell to the ground.” Jesus first revealed Himself by saying His divine name, “I Am,” making it clear who it is they came for. When He identified Himself to them, they fell to the ground in judgment. These pagan sinners did fall -- backwards. They did not experience revelation or receive an anointing, or conversion, they got right back up and arrested Jesus. There was no change in them; they were still enemies of Jesus. Also, none of Jesus’ followers fell down during the arrest. Certainly none of this represents a pattern for the Church. Those who practice the artful ritual of being “slain in the Spirit” or “falling under anointing” today deny or ignore these Biblical facts in order to embrace an experience that is not endorsed in the Bible.

In Matthew 17:5-6 (NIV)

While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!" When the disciples heard this, they fell facedown to the ground, terrified.

The event at the mount of transfigurations. We see here the glory of God filled where they were all standing and Jesus was transformed right in front of His disciples. The glory was so much that made the disciples fell down in reference to the glory. Again, we do not see Jesus touching the disciples neither can we see someone standing at the back of the disciples to catch them.

Acts of the Apostles 9.

Saul was an unbeliever on his way to his next extermination. He was knocked to the ground by a light (the Shekinah glory), not someone called the anointed man slapping him or touching his head so he could fall as we have today and he had a revelation of Christ. When Saul fell, no one touched him and no one was there to catch him. The Scripture doesn’t actually say how he fell, but the Greek language seems to indicate he went to the ground on his own volition in reference to the great light. Jesus does not appear to be the source of Paul’s falling to the ground, Jesus did not allow Paul to remain on the ground, but told him to “arise and go into Damascus.” Remember Saul was unsaved at the time, but people who fall today all claim to be believers and Christians. So this does not provide any justification for regarding it as a model for believers to practice today. Saul was consciously carrying on a conversation with the Lord.

In Acts 26:14 Paul, recalling the event, stated all who were with him saw the light and fell to the ground, but only he heard the voice (Acts 22:9). This was an extreme measure designed to get Paul’s attention, as he was on his way to kill Christians. The others with Paul who also fell were unbelievers and stayed in their unbelieving state. Therefore, this incident involving falling to the ground (being slain by the Spirit) cannot be used to support the idea that it is a spiritual blessing, as commonly said today.

When we see Tele-evangelists blow on people they go down yet when Christ breathed on the disciples they did not. When Jesus touched people they did not fall. The biblical model is whenever the Spirit fell they were not expecting him. The Spirit is called the comforter, the helper another one like Jesus. When Jesus left he said he would send us another like himself. His role was to replace the physical Jesus by indwelling all believers giving them a relationship with God. The question we need to ask is did Jesus act this erratic and have power displays? If not then why should the Spirit act this way when he is to point to Jesus? Is this the nature of Jesus or something other than him is operating? How is it the person who dispenses this power that can knock people down, can stand through it all? That they can touch people even the catchers and they don’t go down during the service. How is the same person who just was felled over by his touch can afterward be hugged and not go over. Who then is in control if it only happens at the wave of his hand or when he says the word? Why does this only occur at the big crusades and where they meet for service and it does not take place during their days chores.

The only way to know the true from the false is to test it. Jesus had the greatest anointing, yet, when He prayed for people they did not fall over; neither did Jesus go down when He was anointed. The Spirit came upon him as a dove, as a gentle companion. This phenomena and practice is foreign to Scripture. Can the Holy Spirit be thrown around like a force? This Spirit goes where the conductor tells Him to go. Biblically we are to submit and take our guidance from the Spirit, this is the opposite. Jesus taught that the Holy Spirit goes where He will, He chooses how He will be known in the heart and life of a believer, and it is not for any man to decide when His abiding in another is to be.

John 3:8,
“The wind blows where it pleases, and you hear the sound thereof, but cannot not tell where it came, and where it goes: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

No one knows where the Spirit comes from or where the Spirit goes. The Spirit is likened to the wind. Those who can dispense the anointing seem to tell the Spirit where to go and know where He will go next and what He or “it” will do. Think, my friend! Where do we find these experiences? Even the apostles did not have such experiences! What is operating? What is the source? Remember the Spirit is God himself who is supposedly thrown around the room. Whenever the presence came in the Old Testament all were affected but today the dispenser of this power stands strong while the participants all go down. Are they alone immune to its affects?

The Bible commands us to test it. Mature Christians test the spirits; babies, weak and carnal Christians avoid testing.

Hebrews 5:13-14 (NIV)

Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness. But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

By pursuing a blessing they have abandoned truth in place of a supernatural experience. In so doing they have inadvertently become open to deception by accepting this without any testing. People have succumbed to the oldest charade; in their pursuit of a blessing they have abandoned truth in place of a supernatural experience without ever testing the source for Biblical proof. Does the Bible show people line up in a church service in a row and have the power dispersed from an anointed person. There are no conduits for his power, Jesus has and always will be the baptizer of the Holy Spirit we don’t need any other mediator. Jesus is our example. When Jesus was anointed, the Spirit came upon him as a dove, not as a wild animal like a rhinoceros.

Jesus is the baptizer, who anoints with the Holy Spirit. The power really comes only from Christ, just what are people receiving through this experience? Do these displays of power become the convincing proof of God’s presence? John 10:41-42 records, “Then many came to Him and said, ‘John performed no sign, but all the things that John spoke about this Man were true.’ And many believed in Him there.” John convinced the people without a display of miracles. It was the truth that converted them and made them into followers. It is by knowing the truth (the Word) that keeps people following faithfully, not displays of power. We don’t need to be slain “in the Spirit”, but cut “by the Spirit,” the Word (John 6:63; Hebrews 4:12). One way is by expositional preaching the other is offered by experience. One comes by the Word that is objective, that teaches and convicts through the Holy Spirit, the other is subjective, by a person touching you or imparting a power. The Word is Biblical, the other is not.

Truly the ancient words of the prophet Hosea ring true for us today, as it did then, “MY PEOPLE ARE DESTROYED FOR A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE, BECAUSE THEY HAVE REJECTED KNOWLEDGE” (Hosea 4:6)

When experience replaces Biblical knowledge, we have abandoned God’s standard. Knowledge can be painful when it corrects us, but it can cost much more to follow falsehood, which by its nature is easy to swallow and soothing to those who refuse the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by God2man(m): 5:08am On Feb 27, 2012
@goshen, having gone though your revelations, you have a point, it is possible for the power of God to be faked, it is possible, whenever you see the original, there must be a counterfeit, some angel of darkness disguise as angel of light. There are ministers of God that have gone to acquire power from the sea or forest, do not be confused, they were true ministers of God, but when they fell from the grace given to them by God, they needed to maintain their former status, so, they had to do something to remain relevant. You have a point.
However, the book of Luke 4:33-34" And in the synagogue there was a man,which had a spirit of an unclean devil, and CRIED Out with a loud voice,
saying, Let us alone; what have we to do with thee, thou Jesus of Nazareth? art thou come to destroy us? I know thee who thou art; the Holy one of God.
And Jesus rebuked him, saying, Hold thy peace, and come out of him. And when the devil had THROWN him in the midst, he came out of him, and hurt him not."
Here, there is a confrontation between two kingdoms, the kingdom of God and the kingdom of darkness. I think you should know better, the devil will not leave a place he has dominated for many years without fighting, he will ask questions, he will argue, he will cry, he will shout, he will tear, he will react violently. As a result of all these reactions, many people will eventually fall, why? There is a confrontation. Some people may even fall and will not be able to do anything, they will just be on the ground like that for some time after that they will wake up again. During the time they are on the ground, deliverance is going on in the spiritual realm. What i am telling is not a story, i am telling what i see with my eyes wide open. It is the annointing of God that break the yoke.
The power of God can be faked.
God bless you. God2man.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Joagbaje(m): 6:56am On Feb 27, 2012
God2man:

@goshen, Some people may even fall and will not be able to do anything, they will just be on the ground like that for some time after that they will wake up again. During the time they are on the ground, deliverance is going on in the spiritual realm. What i am telling is not a story, i am telling what i see with my eyes wide open. It is the annointing of God that break the yoke.
The power of God can be faked.
God bless you. God2man.

Pls tell them. Those who haven known the power of God feels manifestations are faked. The power of God does knock people down. Either to expell evil or to impart good.

Those no doubt the power should rather ask those who fell hy they fell. That's simpe common. Sense . I have layed hands on people and they fell. I have even asked some why they fell and they have several reasons . "a force pulled me down " or " I don't know how I got the floor" "my legs became numb" "my legs became weak" " etc.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 7:28am On Feb 27, 2012
Joagbaje:

Pls tell them. Those who haven known the power of God feels manifestations are faked. The power of God does knock people down. Either to expell evil or to impart good.

Those no doubt the power should rather ask those who fell hy they fell. That's simpe common. Sense . I have layed hands on people and they fell. I have even asked some why they fell and they have several reasons . "a force pulled me down " or " I don't know how I got the floor" "my legs became numb" "my legs became weak" " etc.

so God loves knocking people down for the fun of it. doesnt look good about the all loving God using his power to knock people down and rather violently. why not just imparting the good and ridding out the evil silently in comparison to that "still small voice"? There is no need for this showmanship.
It wasnt this way until your type of christianity came to the scene. have you ever studied history and wondered why it was so?

1 Like

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 7:45am On Feb 27, 2012
@ diluminati,
Don't be arsh on Jo, let us proof it biblically.

@ joagbaje,
Demon is the most that I see knock people down in the bible. Others are believers who fall consciously by themselves in reference or worship to God and his power. We must be careful how we validate certain things. The bible is very complete. We should at least find two instances where a believer is knocked down by the power of God in the bible. I said at least two instances because the bible says, from the mouth of two or three,the truth shall be established. We are not doubting the power of God but something that is of God should not be difficult to explain. Jesus touched people and they didn't fall except for being possessed by evil spirit. Apostles did lots of signs,no records of people falling n some catching them. Holy spirit came upon Jesus,he didn't sink in river Jordan. Holy ghost came like fire on the apostles,they didn't fall all of them. The proof of demons knocking people down is common in the bible,we do not have proof of holy ghost knocking people down, can you explain that with valid bible verses please.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Goshen360(m): 8:03am On Feb 27, 2012
@ God2man,
Your example is exactly the pictures of the things we have in the bible. From the bible verse you quoted, it was the evil spirit that thorn the person down not as against the the kind of show we have today. In the real life you talked about, it the while the possessed is still possessed that he or she rolls on the floor. Today, people come out in crusade claiming to be healed or delivered of some evil spirit,pastor touch them n they still fall,does that mean they are still possessed? In some cases, they fall like 3-4 Times, isn't the first fall enough to take out any evil spirit? This are things we should get explanations from the bible from, if it is not lying wonders the bible talked about.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / What Is The Most Regretful Sin You Have Ever Committed? / Pastor Emmanuel Iren: I Find My Wife Very Sexy When She Is Praying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.