Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,940 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? (38236 Views)

When The Pastor Lays Hands On You And You Refuse To Fall / Anointing: Why Do Pastors Blow Into Microphones? Why Must People Fall? / Pastor Chris Says "Take It" And People Fall. Do You Believe It? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Joagbaje(m): 10:39pm On Feb 27, 2012
goshen360:

The verses are very clear. The case of Saul, i explained in my article. He, Saul was over shadowed with the great light. A similar thing to the kind of mount of transfiguration. They were overshadowed by great light of glory but today's church blow breeze into microphone. When this kind of falling happens in the church, it is biblical because fall under the glory of God and without being arranged.

That settles my point.  cool

It happens by the leading of Spirit of God not an anointed person trying to show off some power.

You're still in line

The case of John in the book of Revelation is also falling in reference and worship as it is obvious he fell at Jesus' feet. John's falling was also personal by himself, no one touched him. This shows the falling was in reference to the glory of Jesus he saw. When we interpret the bible in context, we get the message.

Brother there's spiritual fall ,and it's by the spirit of God.

Awaiting Jo for explanations to this and above comments I made.

I believe you understand better now.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by chelseabmw(m): 10:56pm On Feb 27, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by dayokanu(m): 11:30pm On Feb 27, 2012
Why be say when women wearing skirt and iro fall dem dey remember to close dem legs

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by BabaEwu: 1:02am On Feb 28, 2012
well if devil e touch mi mebe i fall down too, wat make them so different?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Ranoscky(m): 1:20am On Feb 28, 2012
Only the possessed ones should fall.

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ayodele123(m): 9:10am On Feb 28, 2012
I had the experience in 2009 when i was invited to a prayer program in one ministry.
During the prayer service,the Man of God was pushing my head backward with pressure.
I stood firmly, refusing to fall
He left me and moved to another
That was the last time i went there
By there fruits, they shall be known (Matthew 7:15-20)

The Key Message: Jesus Is Coming Soon. Are You Ready?

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by stepo707: 1:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
Men! so many things are just wrong.Its not a surprise though since Christ actually prophesied of coming forth of false prophets/teachers.

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 7:09pm On Feb 29, 2012
dayokanu:

Why be say when women wearing skirt and iro fall dem dey remember to close dem legs

Is that what u go to church to observe (lol)
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 9:18am On Mar 02, 2012
@jacobscros watz wt the link?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by sheldon123: 9:36am On Mar 02, 2012
The link that @jacobscros shared is a link to an awesome video of an American female preacher. The whole church fell under the power without her even touching anybody.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by numo86(m): 10:56am On Mar 02, 2012
sheldon123:

The link that @jacobscros shared is a link to an awesome video of an American female preacher. The whole church fell under the power without her even touching anybody.

The woman bein a female pastor shows how fake her ministry is and d attendants are,
A woman blows and everybody falls, lwkmd!!!
Jesus will realy tell these trick stars "get away ,I never knew u,u workers of iniquity",

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 11:10am On Mar 02, 2012
sheldon123:

numo86:

The woman bein a female pastor shows how fake her ministry is and d attendants are,
A woman blows and everybody falls, lwkmd!!!
Jesus will realy tell these trick stars "get away ,I never knew u,u workers of iniquity",

But how do we differentiate btw the real thing and the fake? I think we shld never be to quick to call anyone fake when we really dont have any evidence to support such a claim.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by newmi(m): 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
It is not a question of "should they fall" because that has an underlining implication to mean that people have a role in the process that led to their falling, rather the question should be "why or what makes or is responsible for making people fall when hands are laid on them".
AND MIND YOU IT IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT THAT HAPPENS ONLY WHEN A "PASTOR" LAYS HIS HANDS ON SOMEONE BECAUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE PEOPLE DON'T FALL BECAUSE THE ONE DOING THE HANDS LAYING IS MERELY A PASTOR(with all due respect) I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FALL WHEN HANDS WHERE LAID ON THEM AND YET AM NOT A "PASTOR" BECAUSE YOU SEE THESE THINGS ARE NOT THE DOINGS OF A MAN BUT AN EXCLUSIVE MANIFESTATION OF THE BENEVOLENCE AND OPERATIONS OF GOD'S SPIRIT.
ALSO ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE IS THAT PEOPLE DON'T FALL (that is when they do because they don't also have to fall for anyone to be convinced something divine has taken or is taking place) ONLY WHEN HANDS ARE LAID ON THEM EVEN WHEN NO HANDS ARE LAID AT ALL FROM HUGE DISTANCES BRCAUSE GOD IS A SPIRIT AND DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE LIMITATIONS THAT ARE INDICATIVE AND PECULIAR TO MAN
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by numo86(m): 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
@fx, falling down is not and is never a sign of 1 who is filled with d holyspirit, all the fallings today are just charades done by d churches to get more customers,
Now ask urself:::what does d falling accomplish, d holyspirit is given to us to preach about Gods kingdom to d world not to roll on d floor like mad dogs,
Let d churches stop this 5hit and preach d truth and anticipate Gods kingdom,
In d long run u'l see d truth of this falling happenin in todays churches,
I just want u to examine d country in which people fall all d time claiming d holyspirit has overwhelmed them, look @ how corrupt 9ja is, when they fall down on sunday they immediately stand up on monday to cheat d hell out of there associates, kill,and embessle money,
Why don't they make our ogboni  politicians fall on d floor with holyspiritwhy is it always d poor that will roll on d floorwhyyyyyyyy??
Its all gibberish, Gods kingdom is by d corner,these trick stars will all answer questions from Jesus, matthew 7:21-23 tells us,

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 3:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
newmi:

It is not a question of "should they fall" because that has an underlining implication to mean that people have a role in the process that led to their falling, rather the question should be "why or what makes or is responsible for making people fall when hands are laid on them".
AND MIND YOU IT IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE EVENT THAT HAPPENS ONLY WHEN A "PASTOR" LAYS HIS HANDS ON SOMEONE BECAUSE IN THE FIRST PLACE PEOPLE DON'T FALL BECAUSE THE ONE DOING THE HANDS LAYING IS MERELY A PASTOR(with all due respect) I HAVE HAD PEOPLE FALL WHEN HANDS WHERE LAID ON THEM AND YET AM NOT A "PASTOR" BECAUSE YOU SEE THESE THINGS ARE NOT THE DOINGS OF A MAN BUT AN EXCLUSIVE MANIFESTATION OF THE BENEVOLENCE AND OPERATIONS OF GOD'S SPIRIT.
ALSO ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE IS THAT PEOPLE DON'T FALL (that is when they do because they don't also have to fall for anyone to be convinced something divine has taken or is taking place) ONLY WHEN HANDS ARE LAID ON THEM EVEN WHEN NO HANDS ARE LAID AT ALL FROM HUGE DISTANCES BRCAUSE GOD IS A SPIRIT AND DOES NOT RECOGNIZE THE LIMITATIONS THAT ARE INDICATIVE AND PECULIAR TO MAN

Pls cld u show us anywhere in the Bible where the Holy Spirit actually made people fall on the ground. Bare in mind the Holy Spirit is gentle, it's evil spirit that makes people fall and roll on the ground.
I'm just trying to learn.

numo86:

@fx, falling down is not and is never a sign of 1 who is filled with d holyspirit, all the fallings today are just charades done by d churches to get more customers,
Now ask urself:::what does d falling accomplish, d holyspirit is given to us to preach about Gods kingdom to d world not to roll on d floor like mad dogs,
Let d churches stop this 5hit and preach d truth and anticipate Gods kingdom,
In d long run u'l see d truth of this falling happenin in todays churches,
I just want u to examine d country in which people fall all d time claiming d holyspirit has overwhelmed them, look @ how corrupt 9ja is, when they fall down on sunday they immediately stand up on monday to cheat d hell out of there associates, kill,and embessle money,
Why don't they make our ogboni  politicians fall on d floor with holyspiritwhy is it always d poor that will roll on d floorwhyyyyyyyy??

Its all gibberish, Gods kingdom is by d corner,these trick stars will all answer questions from Jesus, matthew 7:21-23 tells us,

@bolded, I must say u got me really cracked up with this.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ramo109: 3:55pm On Jul 17, 2012
In the way we conduct our services we must consider the evolution fo the church.Will it be a forum for any kind of actions or works in anyway the things that is not of God does not stand the test of time.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 10:16pm On Jul 17, 2012
ramo109: In the way we conduct our services we must consider the evolution fo the church.Will it be a forum for any kind of actions or works in anyway the things that is not of God does not stand the test of time.

Trying to understand u here.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ramo109: 8:50pm On Jul 18, 2012
What I mean is falling down something we can leave for our children.Is it doctrine or is it works. I heard some young men say fake it until you make it.Are we faking a falling so some evangelist can look good?Or is it the work of God.What does the Hierarchy of the evangical churches have to say.Are they not sure?Because if they tread on issues that is God ordained,would they not stifle the move of God and that is Blasphemy.Everyone is different and when a sinner confronts the Holy Presence of God.He could genuinely fall,so don"t paint everything with one brush especially when it comes to full Gospel christianity.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 10:01pm On Jul 18, 2012
ramo109: What I mean is falling down something we can leave for our children.Is it doctrine or is it works. I heard some young men say fake it until you make it.Are we faking a falling so some evangelist can look good?Or is it the work of God.What does the Hierarchy of the evangical churches have to say.Are they not sure?Because if they tread on issues that is God ordained,would they not stifle the move of God and that is Blasphemy.Everyone is different and when a sinner confronts the Holy Presence of God.He could genuinely fall,so don"t paint everything with one brush especially when it comes to full Gospel christianity.

But how come nobody fell in the Bible except for the possessed? I'm just asking cos I wish to be enlightened.

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ramo109: 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2012
When Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus he fell to the ground.I got a vision of the glorified Christ during worship in our church,His power that surrounds Him is so great that you have to fall to ground and cry,in reality He is truly awesome,He has the countenance of a lion.The most Holy man will bow to the ground at His presence.I am not saying there is not deceit in some people,but you can"t throw out the baby with the bath water.Sometimes God might cause a person to fall as a humbling experiences,after all he is God.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 9:14pm On Jul 19, 2012
ramo109: When Paul met Jesus on the road to Damascus he fell to the ground.I got a vision of the glorified Christ during worship in our church,His power that surrounds Him is so great that you have to fall to ground and cry,in reality He is truly awesome,He has the countenance of a lion.The most Holy man will bow to the ground at His presence.I am not saying there is not deceit in some people,but you can"t throw out the baby with the bath water.Sometimes God might cause a person to fall as a humbling experiences,after all he is God.

He was still Saul at the time and he was still a great sinner which tells me he must have been possessed. And after that initial fall there is no record of him falling again. And all others who had hands laid on them in the Bible did not fall (except for those that were possessed). So why do people fall each time the pastor lay hands on them, does it mean they are always possessed?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ramo109: 5:03pm On Jul 20, 2012
I agree with what you said that when someone is demon possessed they will fall and the casting out of the demons will take place.falling down each time is a bit far fetched.My personal views are just that.I cannot dictate to the church that people should not fall,these churches are providing help to people, people are being saved healed and delivered.The power of God is manifest in these churches and that what scripture says is the test of the true church.We are not the authors of the church Jesus is and we must submit to His leading.Watch and pray submit to the leaders in Gods true church and God will show you his will.God does not support rebellion in any form. amos3:3 Two cannot walk together unless they be agreed.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 11:47pm On Jul 20, 2012
You have spoken well ramo109.
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by bigmaut: 3:23am On Jul 21, 2012
;DThey can somersault 4 all i care ;

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ramo109: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2012
You must care.who do you want to care the Muslims in Iraq?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by FXKing2012(m): 4:18pm On Jul 27, 2012
ramo109: You must care.who do you want to care the Muslims in Iraq?

Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by bojokayode(m): 9:27am On Sep 14, 2012
ayodele123: Most of the time,it happens through the demonic pastors who use it to proof that they are anointed 'men of God''
That a person ''falls under the anointing'' is no proof of the presence of the Holy Spirit
Its the Spirit of the Last days at work.
Do not be deceived. The Bible says that in the last days,false Christs shall arise and shall perform great and lying wonders to the effect that even the elect shall be deceived
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by bojokayode(m): 9:42am On Sep 14, 2012
God will have mercy on the church.That a Pastor lays hands on you&you fall is not a sign it's God or even the Devil.Why not keep quiet on whatever you're not sure of&let God be the judge.It's been proven that we Christians are the ones destroying ourselves.How many times have you seen/read posts from Muslims making a Mockery of practises in Islam.Pls if you don't understand something(like you claimed),go to your Pastor or a spiritual head you respect to explain to you&if you don't have one,my brother check yourself.Don't come up here to strangle/give room for criticism of a religion/way of life you belong to.Some people talk because they want to say something&others because they have something to say.What group do u belong?
Re: Should People Fall Down When A Pastor Lays Hand On Them? by ramo109: 12:33am On Oct 10, 2012
If you fall make sure there is someone to catch you,or fall like a wrestler.Christianity is not a religion of works but of faith.Faith is unseen and of the heart.Its difficult to judge the spiritual condition of the heart.I would not judge someone when they fall by the laying on of hands,but that person have to realize,what are they portraying of the christian life is it based upon truth,is it biblical,is it what God is doing today is it of faith,does it leaves unanswered questions?My belief is that some people will genuinely fall a lot will be pretenders.God doesn't like pretenders.

RCCG - Redemption Camp's 25 Megawatts Power Plant In Pictures / 2020 - 2029 The Last Decade Of The Church ( The Rapture Will Happen Very Soon!!) / What Is The Most Regretful Sin You Have Ever Committed?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64