Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,649 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:45 AM

When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? (3340 Views)

Why Pharmacists, Other Health Workers Are Resuming Strike. / EBOLA: Whats Your Take On Schools Resuming On September 22? / New NICOSAN, Niprisan, Xickle RBC... Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by knotty(m): 10:06am On Feb 27, 2012
http://www.burumo.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=418:sickle-cell-sufferers-in-nigeria-get-reprieve-as-xechem-resumes-production-of-sickle-cell-drug-&catid=29:headline-news&Itemid=62

ickle-Cell sufferers in Nigeria get reprieve …as Xechem resumes production of sickle cell drug
Wednesday, 18 May 2011 10:27
E-mail Print PDF
0 Comments
Nigerians suffering from Sickle-Cell disease can now heave a sigh of relief as one of the drugs used for its management becomes available again in Nigeria.
Xechem International pharmaceutical company, will resume the production of Niprisan, a sickle cell drug, in Nigeria in 30 days’ time, Mr Roberts Orya, Managing Director, Nigeria Export-Import Bank (NEXIM), has said.
Orya said the bank had committed more than N700 million to achieve the objective.
On Oct. 4, 2005, the European Medicine Evaluation Agency approved the production of Niprisan (Nicosan) by Xechem International Incorporation, for the treatment of sickle cell disease.
Investigations reveal that Xechem International was forced to stop the production of the drug due to its inability to repay a syndicated loan by NEXIM, Bank PHB and Diamond Bank for the purpose.
Orya said NEXIM was committed to the production of the drug to address the plight of those who suffer from sickle cell anemia in the country and in other parts of the world.
He said, ``NEXIM’s commitment is total as we look at it from the perspective of the social and economic gains’’
Orya, however, revealed that the bank would focus more on saving the lives of the many Nigerians suffering from sickle cell anemia, than on the monetary gains.
He said that an Interim Management and Evaluation Committee set up on the ``NIPRISAN Project’’, would soon be inaugurated to look at the modalities for the production of the drug.
Nicosan is made from four botanical species indigenous to Nigeria where it is manufactured.
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by knotty(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2012
somebody please say something
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by yemiofGod(f): 3:01pm On Mar 18, 2012
Sorry, I don't know what to say, though I wish I knew. lipsrsealed But wait, some people who have something sensible to say will soon respond. Ma binu. wink
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by lamontef: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2012
It's been said a number times over the last year and I've been very skeptical every time I've heard it, but production of Niprisan should resume within the next two months. I believe it'll be within a month, but that's just me. There has been so many problems getting production restarted, but the bottom line is that NIPRD is ready to move forward, I believe they have an agreement with NEXIM in place and that all the legal battles are behind them (or so we should all hope...).

The product will be returned to its original name "Niprisan", since they believe that using Nicosan will be an issue, and production will initially be handled at the pilot plant facility at NIPRD under the direction of NIPRD staff.
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by knotty(m): 1:36pm On Apr 07, 2012
thanks for the update.
please, let us know once you get any word on this.
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by lamontef: 6:42am On Jul 13, 2012
We should be seeing production in limited quantities within a short period of time, with capacity increasing in a slow, but calculated fashion. I know that there is a lot of work being done behind the scenes and the production facility is being prepared for NAFDAC to sign off on it, but no one knows just how long that'll take to accomplish. There is positive movement and they want to make sure everything is done right.
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by bobotubo: 11:40am On Oct 27, 2012
Have u heard abt dioscovite. Someone told me that its good
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by knotty(m): 5:56pm On Oct 27, 2012
Yes, im aware of it as a replacement drug. But, nicosan is a more preferred drug which is still unavailable.
What will we not play ludo with in this country
Re: When Are They Resuming The Selling Of Nicosan? by trillville(m): 6:11am On Oct 25, 2013
Please, has production of Nicosan resumed yet?

(1) (Reply)

Dry And Persistent Cough. What Can I Take? / NMA Strike Update!!! / Pls Need A Reply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.