Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,045 members, 7,810,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? (895 Views)

Happy New Month To Nairanders / Why Do Political Nairanders Attack Me -cramjones / What Do You Think About This Nairanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Dantecmu(m): 11:48pm On Oct 23, 2007
Nairalanders i aint spitting fire but yea naija aint that GOOD but that dont mean we are useless i mean imagine some1 in tukey DISSING nigeria. Na wah oh its not like everything in Europe is perfect now at least when i go southy all through my stay i couldnt make international calls the customer service was messed up too. up ontill i left i couldnt make internatinal calls. For dublin after shopping u buy ur nylon o at least for naija iya basira go dash u nylon make u put your meat. Everything out there is allmost perfect but not Perfect so u guys shud respect naija small abeg.
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2007
Dan, people will speak from personal experience, they're entitled to.

The worse anyone can do is bury their heads in the sand, and pretend it's all hunky-dory in Nigeria, but the fact is, it's not.
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Dantecmu(m): 3:54am On Oct 24, 2007
siena
sorry dont get ur point.
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by folahann(m): 1:14am On Oct 25, 2007
That is what you think
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by olabosun(m): 8:27pm On Oct 26, 2007
G
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by iice(f): 9:05am On Oct 27, 2007
prickly are we?
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 27, 2007
iice:

prickly are we?

I thinks so too! Nigerians also need to learn to take critism, as well as praise.

Untill that happens, how can mistakes be corrected?
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Seun(m): 12:09pm On Oct 27, 2007
The country's economy is doing pretty well. It will be dong 5 times better if not for NEPA.
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Purist(m): 9:48pm On Oct 27, 2007
Seun:

The country's economy is doing pretty well. It will be dong 5 times better if not for NEPA.

I concur.  Things aren't as bad here as NIDs try to paint to us.  We would have been far better than many european coutries if NEPA/PHCN was functioning properly.  As I always say to those that care to listen, if the NEPA problem can be solved once and for all, watch out for a wonderful Nigeria.  And that's why often times, I just wish Yar'Adua could just make NEPA his priority; once that is solved, then every other thing can follow.
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Njoy1(f): 10:43pm On Oct 27, 2007
Because Nigerians are a people who sees nothing good out of their country - they are the types Yoruba people refer to as bastards who uses his/her left hand to point to his/her fathers house or abode -

How many of us will boast to our friends that our parents are poor and dont have money to feed us? Noone wants to do that - but thats what majority of Nigerians do - sing it loud everywhere - d country is bad - the country is shit - etc - then you ask if we deserve better.
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 28, 2007
Hello, lovely Chichi!  wink
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by nigboy(m): 7:33am On Jul 17, 2009
You all should know one thing

It is only me and you that will make Nigeria better

so let us stop speaking evil of our blessed country
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 17, 2009
Siena:

Dan, people will speak from personal experience, they're entitled to.

The worse anyone can do is bury their heads in the sand, and pretend it's all hunky-dory in Nigeria, but the fact is, it's not.

since you're not in Nigeria and you have citizenship elsewhere, shouldnt you leave Naija and her problems alone?
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by debosky(m): 10:21am On Jul 17, 2009
tpia.:

since you're not in Nigeria and you have citizenship elsewhere, shouldnt you leave Naija and her problems alone?

Who gave you the right to determine who should/shouldn't comment on Nigeria's problems?
Re: Why Are Nairanders Quick To Condemn Naija? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 17, 2009
tpia.:

Ah, my old adversery, Tpiah! cheesy Not that I see you as such wink

I think you'll find that most people will comment on countries, countries they have nothing to do with, and there's nothing wrong with that. We all comment on other countries - The UK, the US, Ghana, Uganda, India, Jamaica etc. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

If we confined our comments / opinions to Nigeria alone, our scope of current affairs will be severely limited, and repressed.

I also think the title is wrong - Nairaland is not representive of Nigeria, Nigerians, as well as non - Nigerians condemn Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

The Biggest Ship / A-z Of Registering A Non Governmental Organization (n.g.o) In Nigeria) / Hmm, I Wonder:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.