Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone (12173 Views)

How To Outsmart Premature ej@culation by Chester / Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / Lagosians Use Canoes As Floods Hit Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
To be honest what Lagosians call being smart is just criminal minded. You just have to be criminally minded to survive in Lag!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by jspac(m): 5:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
They are just street-smart no more no less.
This smart? Mbanu! grin
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by kunle21: 5:22pm On Feb 28, 2012
I hate lagos, 2 rugged,2 stressful, if I av my way,I'll run comot from dere!!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Killz3(m): 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
mkmyers45:

You come dey use am form abi? See you head  grin grin grin grin
I'm sorry sir. But why would i change a winning team/formation? I be Arsene wenger? grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
No doubt i wouldnt have been as smart as i am if not for Lasgidi. Lasgidi for live!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Pelumiv(m): 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
rabzy:

When we dey cross expressway with james bond skills everyday,
When we dey pass thru window or open the booth to enter 'danfo', (i remember the times we do that in OAU, when we dey struggle for bus to go town, people still dey for door dey struggle when we don occupy the whole back seat, the look on their faces was unforgettable).
When we dey run from Mopol wey dey catch roger every evening
When Omota/conductor wan beat u up at the slightest provacation,
Wen everyday den dey break your baf/bucket wen una dey struggle for water for tap.
Wen u dey hold ur pocket, watch your back as u dey waka for road.
When gbomo gbomo dey find how e go take carry you go do juju since when u be 5.

You gats to wake up to survive for lag.

lol
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Ejine(m): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, Lagosians are quite ignorant.
To the average Lagosian, once you're from Abia, you're from ABA.
Once you're from 'North' (even if it's Benue), you're HAUSA grin

But you've got to give it to these guys, they ARE street-smart; and boy, do they know how to have fun.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by mkmyers45(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
~Killz~:

I'm sorry sir. But why would i change a winning team/formation? I be Arsene wenger? grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by djojo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 28, 2012
Don't mind the OP, maybe he as dull himself when he came to lagos.
Lagos is just like London or Napoli New york where u need to be very smart and wise otherwise the pple will take u for granted.
I remember a day in computer village while i going somebody just whispered at my back and i mistakenly looked back, mean while i wasn't the person the guy was calling, after looking back he said i should come and i went to meet he and  he almost collect all my money with he ordinary mouth cos he saw me with new phone, he said he will call his boyz to collect tht phone from me pointing to some pple saying he is wit gun, it was only because i looked back tht was what put me into the mess,

Guy u need to use ur brain and energy in lasgidi, now tell me how will someone tht got his money without any ease will not wise up or think he is smarter.

Big up to lagosian and lasgidi as a whole
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2012
see these village jjc hicks hating on omo ekos

dude, you can't take the heat  get out of the jungle and go back to your pissant village

berra go back to your villa b4 we fine you for counting cars - you have to pay to count them

chei! eko; city of hustlas
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Novice1(m): 5:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
Unfortunately in Lagos/Most of Nigeria these days, smart = dishonest, lying, ready to grab undue advantage, ability to take wht is not yours by conning, swindling, and ability to steal govt/ corporate funds undetected.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by gidiMonsta(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
ArQueBusieR:

There's nothing captivating about Lagos IMO.

Guy park well jor, Lagos is the only cosmopolitan city in Naija.

Eko Akete Ilu ogbon (Lagos, land of the smart ones).

Ejiné:

Yeah, Lagosians are quite ignorant.
To the average Lagosian, once you're from Abia, you're from ABA.
Once you're from 'North' (even if it's Benue), you're HAUSA grin

But you've got to give it to these guys, they ARE street-smart; and boy, do they know how to have fun.

True but its not ignorance, its just dat we don't give a rats-ass about anytin outside the Lagos borders.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by obowunmi(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28, 2012
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Davidbanky(m): 5:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
Eyah see beef,lagos is †ђξ new york of nigeria,even ur capital abuja wishes to be lagos,lagosians are not just smart but unique,orientation is diffrnt frm anybody in any other state , I†̥ is a proven fact my people ,
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by rman: 5:58pm On Feb 28, 2012
I remembered when I was still young and my cousins think you must be dumb if you didn't grow up in Lagos
They later realised me and my siblings that attended schools outside Lagos are way smarter (common entrance waec and general decision making later proves this).

Lying, taking your parents money, stealing friends games, having boyfriends and girlfriends , cheating in exams, inflating school fees, entering buses and not paying etc are not sign of smartness. Real smart people Know what they want in life and how to get it legitimately.

Another funny thing about Lagosians is the wrong impression that it is the only beautiful place in Naija. The conditions under which most Lagosians live is to tally inhuman. Jos, Kaduna, Calabar, Enugu, Uyo, Ilorin are beautiful places with better living conditions than Lagos.

Lagos is a fast paced environment that keeps you on alert all the time. Thats good but it doesnt equate to being SMART
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by KINGwax(m): 6:00pm On Feb 28, 2012
Biliv this's u gotta be smart to live in lagos or u get real outsmarted. No kidding. It's true u gotta shine your eyes. That's no exaggeration, biliv me, don't dull
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
live in lagos, but leave before it makes you too hard, live in abuja but leave before it makes you too soft.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by nich(m): 6:04pm On Feb 28, 2012
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by gee2(m): 6:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
not that dey smart buh majority are thieves claimin 2b smart.

smart isnt stealing buh a way of thinkin in order to get an issue solved on time

lagos smart is stealing by deceit n lies
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by davida222(m): 6:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
And the reply just keep coming. undecided
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by davida222(m): 6:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
And the reply just keep coming. undecided off d record it takes a wice fool to be smart ask James Bond 007
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by LagosBoi2(m): 6:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
see as dem dey praise lasgidi for me. I am proud to be a Lagosian. If you are smart enough to live in Lagos, you can live anywhere else in the world besides Somalia grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
I grew up in mushin and boi o boi, u better be sharp or everyone would take u for a ride. Even the igbo bois in Alaba international and oshodi no dey carry last. in Lagos, u gats to put ur thinking caps on.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by sebastinta(m): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
who re d lagosians? r u talkin abt pple born in lag bt dere parents r frm sumwhr else  or d ones originally frm lag
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by eghost247(m): 6:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
Too Much JJCS ON NAIRALAND
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Yeske2(m): 6:52pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lagos is bound to be like that because it's our number one city, same thing all over the world with first cities but I've moved around and realized it's only a myth.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 7:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
This z so tru, d ones in my sch do dat alot.once u r not 4rm lasgidi,d points u r making r not acknowledged, i dont blame dem though, niaja med it so cos lagos z d IT CITY, we gots live wt dat
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 28, 2012
oyb:

see these village jjc hicks hating on omo ekos

dude, you can't take the heat  get out of the jungle and go back to your pissant village

berra go back to your villa b4 we fine you for counting cars - you have to pay to count them

chei! eko; city of hustlas

You need to get a life, am suRe you are one of the agberos in lag, smh 4u

djojo:

Don't mind the OP, maybe he as dull himself when he came to lagos.
Lagos is just like London or Napoli New york where u need to be very smart and wise otherwise the pple will take u for granted.
I remember a day in computer village while i going somebody just whispered at my back and i mistakenly looked back, mean while i wasn't the person the guy was calling, after looking back he said i should come and i went to meet he and  he almost collect all my money with he ordinary mouth cos he saw me with new phone, he said he will call his boyz to collect tht phone from me pointing to some pple saying he is wit gun, it was only because i looked back tht was what put me into the mess,

Guy u need to use ur brain and energy in lasgidi, now tell me how will someone tht got his money without any ease will not wise up or think he is smarter.

Big up to lagosian and lasgidi as a whole  

I can never be outsmarted by a lagosian, take note
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Pelumiv(m): 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
If i can live in Lagos i can live anywhere,
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Ezyoung(m): 8:03pm On Feb 28, 2012
Thet suck "Lagosians"
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Earnshaw(m): 8:08pm On Feb 28, 2012
na Lagosian smart pass. people for Ibadan here wey razz pass razz dey call lagosians razz. Una neva sabi anything, ibadan thugs be like lagos ajebota.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LAWMA Begins Street/Road Washing / Moving Objects In Your Body Or Blood Affliction? Get These Books. / Dailymail Quotes Nairaland In An Article

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.