Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone (12165 Views)

How To Outsmart Premature ej@culation by Chester / Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / Lagosians Use Canoes As Floods Hit Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by campbell05: 8:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
BABA FELA KUTI DON TALK AM BEFORE, BACK IN 1978 MONDAY MORNING LAGOS CAN'T TAKE NONSENSE. ( NI ARO MONDAY EKO ONI GBA GBERE) Please Yoruba guy correct me if i'm Wrong! this is where everything happens. if Lagos cough the entire country will catch cold. I rep Lasgidi. We are winning,
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by freshcvv(m): 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2012
Smartness or brilliance aren't the same, Lagosians are the former and also the latter.

A Lagosian can struggle to pass jamb or waec in Lagos, but once he or she relocates to another part of the country, he or she passes at one seating. (FACT).
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by stillme(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2012
Na lagosians smart pass jor. U wan try me and my guys, we dey run things anyhow. Guys must survive. Work like jack,study many courses in different schools at a time like soyinka,come rock life like 1979. Time self dey fear lagosians because we dey think ahead. Big ups to my guys in alaba,Ikeja,orile,isale eko,ojota,Aj city,mushin,Agege onipanu,fadeyi and so on.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lets now put smartness aside. If Lagos decides to be apart and form a country, Nigeria is dead, it will take the other states many years to get up. ICT, na lagos, sea port, na lagos, international trade na Lagos. Go Island, you go see say 98 percent of the companies wey tanda gidigba for this country na their e dey.

Now lets talk about fun, o boy fun too much for here. Ibadan we nna dey hike, the last time I went there, at 9pm people are already sleeping and snoring when at 11pm here my guys still dey hustle for road, in fact go slow yapa for road at that time, some people at that time here are in clubs having fun. Na only Lagos guy go fit waka for road at 2am, if any witch show face at that time my guy no go run, he go slap am. At age 25 the average Lagosian has experience of at least 6 jobs. The wealthiest people are in Lagos.

For religion, na we dey dia. All the big big church wey u dey watch for teli, na here dem dey. I don tire jare, if I say make I mention all, na here I go old.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by bluejeff(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
Agreed, some take it to the extreme. But you just have to be smart to live there. Plus they have some other advantages over other cities like being aware of current technology and fashion. I arrived calabar and noticed my cousin doesn't know what a 'carrot jean' looks like.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by babaowo: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2012
he!he! I can't shout oooo!!!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by shumno(f): 9:01pm On Feb 28, 2012
Funny thread.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by emmke(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lagos, almost 20million people crammed up in a little above 3 thousand sq km land mass. .
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by sunkoye: 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2012
boyz don shakara OP before i guess, pele dear grin grin
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by deols(f): 9:15pm On Feb 28, 2012
It is a delusion and is annoying. EVen the most uninformed ones think they'r better than you
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by BlackPikiN(m): 9:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pCF_FRezbk[/flash]

Aba people smart pass Lagos people or na draw.

Oya listen to this Aba boy wey outsmart Lagos alaye. cheesy
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Ezeufi: 9:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
You cant survive in Lagos if you are not smart!
In which other state do passengers board/alight from a bus still in motion?

Bcoz in other states people still see the point of life. Not everyone is John Suicide like you guys in Lagos.
How many die a day bcoz of that "smartness" of jumping into/from moving vehicles? Smartass indeed.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by hafees: 9:35pm On Feb 28, 2012
I am a lagosian, not born and bread only but 'aborigine', that said, there is a spirit about lagos which gives me so much confidence even when i am out of Nigeria (strange airports or streets) NOTHING DEY HAPPEN. E de do me like  make i announce myself. But jokes aside, which other cities dem don sing about like LAGOS. Hate it or love Lagos is it
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by xynerise: 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
If you have lived in Lagos for a long time, you can live in every part of the country and even the world without regret.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by rhymz(m): 9:57pm On Feb 28, 2012
I am a lagosian to the bone. . .i ve seen it all. . . The hustle, bustle, fast movements disorderliness, sec sch cults back in the days in St finbarr's Akoka Barriga. . My hustle with the guys in ladipo, oshodi, mgbuka guys in lawanson, parts of papa ajao, factory work. Street fights that pulls crowd the size of a church congregation, street footballs that leaves you with indelible marks on ur legs. I ve had my own bad experiences at the old oshodi fairly used electronic market, computer village buy sth and use mopol collect am back kind of runs, fufu fones, uk used brand new blackberries and so on. I know lagos is bursting with very mean ppl with criminal minds and smarts but mehn but I know one thing for a fact too, u can't outsmart an Aba and Warri boy even if you are a lagosian. These two sets of ppl are an enigma, this guys have got what real street smarts is: criminally minded, extremely fearless, are extremely on the move and very rough. Unless you have not related with these two sets you can mistakenly underestimate them because unlike lagosians who are usually more refined in their approach, these pair careless about finesse, refinement or sophistication, they are right up in your face. Na when i enter sch for east na im i sabi say na where ma smarts stop na in this ppl own begin. This guys will outplay you if it comes to criminal activities, abi na to counterfit sth, no even try aba boyz for that one, na to scope person with sweet mouth even when dem no fit, warri boy will outwit you there, abi na for fearlessness, hahah.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by joe4christ(m): 10:01pm On Feb 28, 2012
[size=15pt] Mehn na true o, those refuting are doing so cos they've never lived in lagos before.
For lagos no dulling moment else dem go bargain your head before you go realise am dem don sell you move.
Life mehn!
Lasgidi. Eko o ni baje o! [/size]
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Afam4eva(m): 10:09pm On Feb 28, 2012
Well said rhymz. The first time wey I go Aba na I'm. Know say my street smartnness no reach Aba boys own. One thing about lagos is that just about anybody can challenge anybody because most times it won't result to a physical confrontation. Bit in places like Aba and Warri, you have to be careful of what you say and whom you say it to because someone fingers might find it's way into your eye. Guys, don't think you've seen it all in Lagos.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by campbell05: 10:16pm On Feb 28, 2012
Confirm.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 10:34pm On Feb 28, 2012
From the comments have read so fAr, atleast 95% of the people agree with what I said, its not asif have been outsmarted by these guys before or something, its just a very annoying fact that needs to be addressed and that was why I brought up this topic in the 1st place, these guys tend to know all,have the best of things(as in original stuffs) they claim you can only get original things from lagos, everybody knows lagos is one of the major cities in Nigeria but that doesn't mean people in other states are fools,that's my point, #peace
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by londoner: 10:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lagosians are street smart, yes. It is sometimes a negative thing IMO.

Even when outside of Nigeria you can tell a person who has lived in Lagos for a long time, they are usually much rougher/louder etc.

They are also more driven, they have to be. Only the fit survive in Lagos, and this can be a good thing, IF ONLY USED IN A POSITIVE WAY, RATHER THAN TO SCHEME OR BE CUNNING.

Many people love Lagos and can never live anywhere else, for me you could not pay me to live there, because you wouold be asking me to just survive rather than to live.

This is what makes Lagos so rowdy and stressful, I have noticed that the stress comes out on the faces of Lagosians. They tend to look much rougher/warn than people from other cities. That's just my observation.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Elgaxton(m): 10:59pm On Feb 28, 2012
@Thread! very true and they always get into trouble for this.

Most of them are also very fake, always want to show off

their cheap gadgets tongue
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Ezeufi: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2012
When a baby start wondering outside their house, they see a rooster and think " this must be the biggest of the beasts".

I lived in Lagos, and I've also lived in Istanbul. Its much much much easier to survive in Lagos.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by nikky5(m): 11:18pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lagos is the centre for excellence and the commercial nerve centre of Nigeria.It is a mini Nigeria.No Lagos No Nigeria.All other tribes born and bred in Lagos are far wiser and smarter than their peers born in their villages.Eko akete ilu ogbon.Of you are not wise in Lagos you may remain an slowpoke for life.Its a dynamic state where everything is on the fast lane.If you have never been to Lagos, sorry.Lagos remain one of the most civilised and developing city in the world.Every investor want to come to Lagos.All the food produced om Naija must come to Lagos and only God knows how many cows are slaughtered each day in Lagos.Billions of naira exchange hands daily and even the beggars from the north are millionaires in Lagos.Only smart people survive here.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by lastpage: 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2012
Lagos reminds me of "Nigeria", from the perspective of a foreigner!

Dem no like Nigerians ; De no like "Lagosians" (those who live in lagos)
WHY?

Some say Nigerians act like they are too smart! ; Some say Lagosians act like they are too smart
Some say its the "swagger" of Nigerians (some kind of pompous, na me get everywhere-style of walking! : Same is said everywhere about Lagosians! grin

Check-out Nigerians amongst other Africans in Diaspora and you will agree say "Oyaatoo" (We different). Same thing with lagosians, compared to others! wink

Everyone fears Nigerians abroad since most can outsmart you and sell you snow, even in iceland! ; Even on this thread, from Ikeja, to Idumota, to Alaba, Oshodi, Mushin, an so on, Lagosians can buy and sell "air" (yes, the one God gave us for free!) to you!

Even when Lagosians were moved up North to Abuja, to "liberate and populate the place", those moved are gradually loosing the "Lagos in them"!

Every Company wants a presence in Lagos, despite that it is a tiny Island, with the most expensive per-square inch of land-space!
If you dont have a house in Lagos, you are yet to build a house (you might have twenty in your "village"! grin )

Check out that every Governor and state government always has a "Government House" in Lagos! Senators, Reps-men/women and Governors plus our own Jonathan all flock to Lagos to do "weekend"! Abi Lagos don turn to "Local London"?

Dont know about now, but some years back, you only need to mention that you graduated from 'LAG (Unilag in Lagos, not LASU! shocked ) and you will get a natural advantage over other "interview applicants", job is 75% yours already! wink

But then, Lagos is "dirty", Noisy, Stressful, Dangerous, full of Criminals, has no pity for anyone, welcoming and friendly but ruthless at the same time, Lagos no get shame, money can be made if you work hard and Lagos "No-Send" anybody! Nothing is free in Lagos!

All the above are the same qualities you will see in the most cosmopolitan Capitals of the world: New York, London, Milan,  J'bourg, Paris, e.t.c

Most importantly, Lagosians are the most easy going, most accomodating, de-tribalized and non-religiously fanatical people in Nigeria.
Only in Lagos will Igbo-man, Hausa-man, Yoruba-man, Benin, Calabar,e.t.c all live and eat from the same pot without a hoot about religion or tribal marks! I doff my hat for Lagosians. (Religious riot ke?  When there is money to be made on the streets? Tufiakwa!
angry angry )

If you dont like Lagos or Lagosians, feel free to move-out, l hear Fashola is looking for an excuse to de-populate Lagos sef! wink
If you think Lagosians ain't smart, go and start a business in Lagos and report back here in six months time!
kiss kiss

Lastpage!

BTW: This is not to imply that peeps from other places are not smart, it juts that Lagos is makes a smart person "a con-artist".
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Tinynita(f): 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
2 be frank if ur nt smart nd in lagos ur nt in lagos.i am nt yoruba buh am proud 2 stay in lag.lag noooni
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by NOIBMUUL(m): 11:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
@rabzi
I feel you pieces, 100grand!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by oladayo042: 11:30pm On Feb 28, 2012
The point of the thread is: Most Lagosians may think they are smart (maybe because of their four-hours-in-traffic everyday lifestyle) but they should not try to outsmart everyone by thinking they are the smartest person on the planet. Even the ones that do not hustle or are not rugged in getting their daily needs still think they can appear smarter by saying "I'm a Lagos boy" (whatever that means) when they are out of Lagos.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by dayokanu(m): 11:55pm On Feb 28, 2012
xynerise:

If you have lived in Lagos for a long time, you can live in every part of the country and even the world without regret.

Can you survive in Yobe or Maiduguri with Boko Haram?
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by ajanaku2(m): 12:10am On Feb 29, 2012
To live and die in LA. . .City of Angels and constant DANGER. . .South-central LA can't get no STRANGERS. . .Full of Drama like a SOAP-OPERA. . .On the Curb, watching the Ghetto Birds, HELICOPTERS. . .LAGOS TILL I DIE!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by rhymz(m): 12:30am On Feb 29, 2012
londoner:

Lagosians are street smart, yes. It is sometimes a negative thing IMO.

Even when outside of Nigeria you can tell a person who has lived in Lagos for a long time, they are usually much rougher/louder etc.

They are also more driven, they have to be. Only the fit survive in Lagos, and this can be a good thing, IF ONLY USED IN A POSITIVE WAY, RATHER THAN TO SCHEME OR BE CUNNING.

Many people love Lagos and can never live anywhere else, for me you could not pay me to live there, because you wouold be asking me to just survive rather than to live.

This is what makes Lagos so rowdy and stressful, I have noticed that the stress comes out on the faces of Lagosians. They tend to look much rougher/warn than people from other cities. That's just my observation.

lagosians rough?
They are loud no doubt, they are smart too no doubt but an average lagosian is no where as rough as an average Aba, Warri or even Onitsha boy. These guyz are the bulk of Igbos you find in the markets in lagos. If you say you get 2head, rough die go try one of them na?
An average lagosian get mouth pass mind, im dey use head pass strength and has more access to modern stuff than their counterparts in other states. An average lagosian can form ajebutter and kpaki levels for you at thesame time and you no go detect which one he realy is. But Nwa Aba or Waffi boy has no hiding place, im packaging alone go tell you say im mean bizness. I remember yr one when I carry one burberry wrist watch my Uncle from Yankee dash me, as a lag boy wey i be na, I dey tell guys say i buy am 20k for one of those malls inside the palms for lekki, all those my PH friends wey sabi spend fire begin trip o, dey gov me levels.na im one Aba boy tell me point and plain, nna hafu ihia ina kowa ( guy man leave that matta wey u dey gist) this wristwatch dey Ariaria market, if you doubt, I go bring am come nxt wkend i enter Aba. I follow am argue am, tell am say d watch no dey im aba lvls o, the guy swear say im go bring am come. Play play dis homeboy come back from Aba with with my burberry wristwatch, exactly thesame thing as in I come tire. My Ph friends laugh em when the boy yarn the m d price of the watch; N1500, chei!! Me sef come begin reason say that my Uncle know say d watch no make just dash me the thing com dey form chairman. The mistake ppl make is to claim that you get everything in lag and cheap too. That na lie. Enter Ariaria market for Aba or enter Onitsha main market you will have an entirely different opinion. Abi na my warri friend wey nearly Bleep my cousin wey sabi form expensive chick all with sweet mouth and warri street guy swag?, lol, Bone lagosians need to test their street credibility outta lag b4 dem suppose yarn o.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by LagBlogger(m): 1:15am On Feb 29, 2012
Let me add my voice to this debate. I live in Abuja but I was born and in Lagos, schooled there and did so many things there for good 27 years. But NYSC was an eye opener for me. Those of you Lagosians who think you are smart be careful, some village folk can outsmart you if you are not careful being smart in the words of many people defending Lagos means thinking you are superior to others or can out smart them by using their head to get what you want, you will be disappointed the day you meet your match.

It is only in Lagos that a 'sharp' guy like me experienced pick pockets, twice in secondary school at Oshodi and when I was in Higher institution one day at computer village.

In Lagos a cab man was duped by one criminal, the guy was posing as a business man with plenty of goods in his luggage which he had in the boot, now pretending to be making a call and ran out of credit he asked the cab man to lend him his phone so he could make a call, upon disembarking from the cab the guy walks away as if trying to find someone in the neighbourhood then disappears from there, the impatient taxi man then after a few hours opens the boot only to discover that what he thought were goods was just sand neatly wrapped in sacks. His phone had just been stolen.

If the above is what you think being smart is sorry for you, no try for abroad where their police no dey collect egunje because you go hear wen!

Actually for the last 1 year or so I have met some really smart guys and girls who have never lived in Lagos and you will be surprised to know how much you can learn from them, those 'smart' Lagos guys continue with your 'smartness' one day monkey go go market, him no go come back.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Kc3000: 1:20am On Feb 29, 2012
Every dog has its' territory where it barks the loudest. No go do Lagos guy Gra-Gra jam those rogues from Aba, Warri or Onitsha. . . . fit be your last dance!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LAWMA Begins Street/Road Washing / Dailymail Quotes Nairaland In An Article / What Will You Do If You See This Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.