Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,903 members, 7,821,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone (12170 Views)

How To Outsmart Premature ej@culation by Chester / Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / Lagosians Use Canoes As Floods Hit Lagos (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by shagaman: 1:35am On Feb 29, 2012
Lagos , omo only the strongest survive na, i love lagos dieeeeeee, anytin and everything happens
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 3:42am On Feb 29, 2012
Most of them are naive and are not so smart if you live with them or get to know them better. I usually tell people that Ibadan boys are WAY smarter than Lagos boys.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by lastpage: 4:06am On Feb 29, 2012
Every dog has its' own territory where it barks the loudest

Gbaam!
This should be the last word on this pointless YARNS!

Leave matter joor! Am off to Ojuelegba! Oju-Oooooo!! grin grin

Lastpage!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by lastpage: 4:11am On Feb 29, 2012
BTW: I still wonder WHY every IGBO boy and Hausa mallam troops down to that same Lagos, and you dont see "'Lagosians" trooping the other way? lipsrsealed

Lastpage!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by igchuka(m): 6:39am On Feb 29, 2012
some people dont understand d difference foolishness and smartness.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by rabzy: 6:39am On Feb 29, 2012
Βουκέφαλος:

Most of them are naive and are not so smart if you live with them or get to know them better. I usually tell people that Ibadan boys are WAY smarter than Lagos boys.

Which Ibadan! Ibadan Okola koja ori. Ibadan boys wey motor dey jam anyhow for Lagos. Forget that thing. grin
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by rabzy: 6:41am On Feb 29, 2012
lastpage:

BTW: I still wonder WHY every IGBO boy and Hausa mallam troops down to that same Lagos, and you dont see "'Lagosians" trooping the other way? lipsrsealed

Lastpage!

That one no hard, money moves and you go with the flow, the same reason why people dey trip go jand and yankee and not mongolia or somalia.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by ade101(m): 7:24am On Feb 29, 2012
Lagos na wa.I was born & bread in lag so i can boldly tell u that lagos boyz no dey carry last.I remember whn a phone retail guy tried to outsmart me in ilorin.He sold china duplicate nokia phone for me claimin that its d original nokia.Been in haste,i culdnt confirm it in his shop only to detect d scam when i got home.I quicky went back to his shop & explained to him in a soft,humble voice of d mistake he made,as i didnt want 2 bliv that he is tryn to play smartnes.I was so shock when he spoke,he said "guy since u no want d phone again,i go help u sell am,so when someone buy am,i go cal u to come 4 ur money" chai see brain!.Trust lagos boi,i only need few minutes of actn to make him regret and reverse his decision.Infact,it was his coleagues that contributed d money as he refused to swallow his pride.If no b sey, ur boi don get enuf similar ordeal 4 computer villa,i 4 fall maga.Lagos thumbs up!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Jarus(m): 7:55am On Feb 29, 2012
To make matters worse, many people that have not being to Lagos feel inferior, watering this superiority claim by Lagosians.

We once discussed that here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-222544.0.html
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 8:02am On Feb 29, 2012
That bush attitude is not common to Lagosians alone but to close minded people who have lived all their lives in some major cities and have come to regard those cities as the very centre of the earth. People form Kano are also like that, New yorkers, Londoners, etc
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 8:07am On Feb 29, 2012
ade101:

Lagos na wa.I was born & bread in lag so i can boldly tell u that lagos boyz no dey carry last.I remember whn a phone retail guy tried to outsmart me in ilorin.He sold china duplicate nokia phone for me claimin that its d original nokia.Been in haste,i culdnt confirm it in his shop only to detect d scam when i got home.I quicky went back to his shop & explained to him in a soft,humble voice of d mistake he made,as i didnt want 2 bliv that he is tryn to play smartnes.I was so shock when he spoke,he said "guy since u no want d phone again,i go help u sell am,so when someone buy am,i go cal u to come 4 ur money" chai see brain!.Trust lagos boi,i only need few minutes of actn to make him regret and reverse his decision.Infact,it was his coleagues that contributed d money as he refused to swallow his pride.If no b sey, ur boi don get enuf similar ordeal 4 computer villa,i 4 fall maga.Lagos thumbs up!

, and i can tell that Lagos bois no sabi d difference btw bred and bread. Bushman wink
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by alex406(m): 8:31am On Feb 29, 2012
Bleep haters!

Lagos is the only state whre u enter molue without paying and still collect change from d conductor. Man u gat to be smart in lagos.smiley
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by shumno(f): 8:53am On Feb 29, 2012
@ poster, for the fact that you opened a thread for lagosians proves what you are trying to disprove.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by chrisosi: 8:59am On Feb 29, 2012
@OP, why you dey vest na? Since you can't beat them, you better join them abi you wan still dey carry last? It is a known fact that whenever u talk about Naija, Lagos is still the main place to be. And for the records, I have gone round Naija and Lagos is just the place to be
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Nobody: 9:01am On Feb 29, 2012
shumno:

@ poster, for the fact that you opened a thread for lagosians proves what you are trying to disprove.

You need to see a doctor fast before your condition gets worst
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by mohid(m): 9:19am On Feb 29, 2012
ade101:

GUY if na Warri boy,the shop for follow am go house!
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Martmore: 9:55am On Feb 29, 2012
But ruff coin (a.k.a nwa aba) went there and outsmarted them.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by rhymz(m): 10:09am On Feb 29, 2012
Babzilla:

, and i can tell that Lagos bois no sabi d difference btw bred and bread. Bushman wink
hahahahahaha. . .funny enough I was going to post a comment on it only for you to beat me to it. Lagos boy indeed!! Pikin wey never taste another kind of soup na im dey make noise say im mama soup sweet pass. All na lagosians o, even the ones wey dey use being for the place wey dem suppose use been not to talk of the "I was born and Bread" lagos boy. . .lol
in lagos you will get the good, the bad and the Ugly. Seriously, if you wan see sharp men enter Aba or Warri, dis wan no be mouth. Warri boy go take mouth sell you to person, use the money buy you beer on top. Aba boy go use wetin u take dey claim fall your hand yakata. . Lol. . Only Aba boys go create stuff, like shoes and shirts, put the trendiest label tags on them, export them go Dubai and co, still import am enter lag and claim say na italian shoes and british shirts and the so-called lagos smart a$$es go buy am the price of the shirts from Uk and co, yet, lagosians are smart. %80 of those fines shoes and packet designer shirts are made in Aba but you no go know, na the smart lagosians dey buy am pass o, thinking say na janded property, lol. My fellow lagosians make we calm down biko, there's a huge difference between street smarts and just mere exhibition of criminal tendencies jor, lol
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by aliliaquat: 10:28am On Feb 29, 2012
it is enough about , thanks.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Irunmole(m): 10:46am On Feb 29, 2012
Lagos=one big dirty slum.
Smartness=criminal tendencies.
Hate the place. Was born and raised there as a true son of the soil, Obalende/Ikoyi.
Primary school - Ereko Methodist School, 35, Berkley street.
Secondary school-St Gregory's College. Principals, Amenechi, Obianwun & Omoera (RIP).
HSC  A/Level - St Gregory's College.
University of Ibadan. Regained my sanity away from that crazy place.
NYSC - Sokoto, pre Boko Haram madness. Pure bliss. Friendly, easy going people, honest and true to their words. No one trying to out-smart or criminally take advantage of you. You would buy things and leave the money there in the absence of the owner of the ware or petty goods.

Give me a bus-load of dynamite and bulldozer and I'll gladly raze the place to ground zero.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by y2kaustin(m): 10:50am On Feb 29, 2012
Its either the poster came to Lagos to count bridge and he was given an acid test and he ran back to the forest where he/she came from. or he is jealous that he is not smart enough to survive in Lagos,like others and he is seeing others surviving.when you mingle,you will learn and be able to sail on your own.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by saintohia: 11:00am On Feb 29, 2012
Except guyz 4m Aba. They can't outsmart anybody 4m Aba any time any day. Most of those guyz outsmarting ppl in LA are all Aba brought up. Almost all human living in Aba are guy-men by default.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by y2kaustin(m): 11:02am On Feb 29, 2012
Lagos the commercial and fashion capital of Africa, Haters burn to ashes!! tongue tongue
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by humblebee: 12:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
u too smart up,
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by vivalavida(m): 12:07pm On Feb 29, 2012
after going through the whole comments,i can bodly say those claiming to have lived in Gidi and say pple out there like the so called aba and wafi dudes outsmarted them are the ekukes we have in gidi.I am gidi boy to the core.Gidi bois no dey Bleep up outside hood.We dey represent die.For school back den,dem no need tell u who be lag boi.Our swag,over-confidence,never say die attitude always brings us aouut the crowd.We dey fly our colour wella.If u havent hustled in eko,u neva start.Why Tuface leave benue and jos come lag? Mi,Jesse jags and ice prince for stay jos dey rap na.why dem come lag? If u have neva cut ur street cred in lag,u neva start.check out the millions who graduate outta school.The first point of kall after Nysc for them is lagos cos they know thats wia de bread and butter is.Wich state parties hard like eko? Wich company dosent have it headquaters in eko? Wich country dosent have it embassy in eko? If u dey beef eko,dey beef.We no send u
NB: hope u all enjoyed our ojota street party during da subsidy tin.hahahahahahahahaha
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by londoner: 12:43pm On Feb 29, 2012
The responses here show that Lagosians generally see smartness as something cunning,

@rhymz, yes they seem to be rougher than those from other places in Nigeria generally. Don't get me wrong some people from other parts may look rough, but they would be people of a particular social standing and age.

In Lagos even many of those who belong to the priviledged classes look rough in the face. This cuts across tribe and age, even young people in Lagos seem to lose their fresh faces very early.

Its not about money or style, it is about the daily grind and stresses of a place which shows up in the face.

I have no doubt some people from Aba etc look rough, but these are people who actually hustle hard, not those who are wealthy or well off. We know Lagos is a very important place, noone will deny that.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by favouredjb(f): 12:57pm On Feb 29, 2012
lasgidi for life cool
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by PeeBee: 2:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
lol @ comments.
@op some of them are so proud, even with their cheap second-hand outfits and their crazy idea that anywhere outside Lagos is a village and being from the south makes you 'omo ibo'. I guess those ones are those who stay in slums and never had the opportuinity to travel.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Agimor(m): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2012
aja.omo:

d same poo with Warri ppl
What concerned's waffarians here,why not delibrate on the issue on ground.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by kumbalo(m): 6:33pm On Feb 29, 2012
"I reside in Lagos; city of hustlers, everybody in a hurry traders and customers. Everybody red eye, red eye" MODE 9
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by levos2007(m): 10:00pm On Feb 29, 2012
I think the mistake people do is that Lagos is a state not a City, so let us take the City one by one and see how its better than other city in Nigeria.
Lagos used to be the capital of Nigeria where all resource from other part of Nigeria is been used to developed . Also thinking that u are the smartest doesn't mean u are smart, u are just making a fool of your self. offcourse lagos is the most populated state in Nigeria. let us give respect to these city in Nigeria Ibadan,portharcourt , kano, If i should live in Lagos for 30year i can never claim a Lagosiam but omo ile-ife.
Re: Lagosians Feel They Can Outsmart Everyone by Ranoscky(m): 12:57am On Mar 01, 2012
Just passin by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Fire Service Okpoko Station Prevented Fire Disaster In Onitsha Photos / Dailymail Quotes Nairaland In An Article / Moving Objects In Your Body Or Blood Affliction? Get These Books.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.