Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,948 members, 7,810,623 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:17 PM

Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? (3567 Views)

Are All Wordly Songs WrongTo Listen To? / When Do You Listen To Christian Songs / Do You Listen To Gospel Music Only On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 28, 2012
Its not a new thing that Goshen and Joeagbaje are on opposite divides regarding certain doctrines in the bible. Take a look at major topics on this board and read their views. These two are for now the most authoritative voice on christianity on this board, maybe till another one comes along. But their views differ on major issues in christianity and i know people read their comments to know which is right and wrong.

For once i respect Goshen. though i'm not the religious type but his analysis rings truth everytime, not that i want to see it that way but it's just not complicated and its like what christianity should be about, simple.

I've never for once accepted Joagbaje's stance on major issues on christianity because i feel his views are not independent, that he always quotes his pastor at certain points in time. He has not for once disagreed with his pastor's teaching no matter how false they sound.

well thats my simple view of things now. so a word to you christians between goshen and joabgabje, who do you think is saying the truth about christianity? i'm not saying you should choose between apollo, paul pr Jesus but which one's views reveals Christianity in its true sense?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by dare2think: 4:36pm On Feb 28, 2012
You might be accused of using a classic war psychology!

Divide and conquer

But I know that is not your aim!! 

*Whispers* or is it?

@ Topic!

Nice guys, but as you accurately put it, one seem to have independent views whilst the other regurgitates another man's views/ideologies.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by PastorKun(m): 4:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
I would rather listen to Goshen as I don't even consider joagbaje as a christian in the first instance.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by crossman9(m): 5:23pm On Feb 28, 2012
Like both people but I only hear the word of God

But in terms of truth I would vote for “Goshen”

He does not defend evil like mas.tu.rba.tion
Which Joagbaje's does not think is a sin he defends evil and Pastor Chris even when he is wrong and that is wrong I can only defend a man when he is right but when he is wrong we must all tell someone and believe I would not want someone not to tell me of if I am wrong
That is why we must speak the truth in love

Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by PastorAIO: 5:25pm On Feb 28, 2012
Perhaps it would help if you could outline what these major issues of christianity are that they sit on opposing sides of the fence of.

Why do we need external authorities for understanding christianity?  A), and B), why are they both considered authorities?  because they are prolific?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by JeSoul(f): 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2012
^Good kweshion.
diluminati:

Its not a new thing that Goshen and Joeagbaje are on opposite divides regarding certain doctrines in the bible. Take a look at major topics on this board and read their views. These two are for now the most authoritative voice on christianity on this board, maybe till another one comes along. But their views differ on major issues in christianity and i know people read their comments to know which is right and wrong.
 Erhmmm . . . having the loudest voice in the section does not make you the most 'authoritative' - it only makes you the most active poster.

1 Like

Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by crossman9(m): 5:29pm On Feb 28, 2012
Yes he is very good
I gave him a copy of my book
I hope he likes it apart from the bad spelling
I am going to finish what I was working on last night about speaking in tongues

to debunk Joagbaje's teaching
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Goshen360(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2012
Pastor AIO:

Perhaps it would help if you could outline what these major issues of christianity are that they sit on opposing sides of the fence of. Why do we need external authorities for understanding christianity?  A), and B), why are they both considered authorities?  because they are prolific?

Well, for me, I am a teacher of God's truth. The truth is Christian teachings and sound doctrines are water down today. I am not hear to boast but I want to tell everyone here that, when God gave me a mandate to His truth, God said to be, I should not look at the face of men but rather speak the truth in season. Here is what God said to me from His word, Mark 12:14 (NIV),

They came to him and said, "Teacher, we know you are a man of integrity. You aren't swayed by men, because you pay no attention to who they are; but you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it right to pay taxes to Caesar or not?

Many people have swallowed lies, heresies, and doctrines being preached by demons on the pulpit. Take a loot at this:

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 2 tim. 4:3 (NIV)

But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Peter 2:1 (NIV)

Notice in 2 Peter 2:1. There was false prophets among the people of old BUT in our days, there will be FALSE TEACHERS.

I personally do not disregard or discredit my friend and brother, Joagbage because "Paul plants and Appolos" waters, to all the glory of God. We promote God's kingdom. However, As a teacher of God's word, WE CANNOT EXPLAIN SCRIPTURES WITH OUR HEAD KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, IDEAS OR USING VAIN WORDS BUT RATHER INTERPRET SCRIPTURES WITH SCRIPTURES. This is where Christianity has missed it and we have all sorts of different doctrines and yet we read same bible. The problem lies in our interpretation. God cannot mis-lead us if we allow scriptures to interpret itself and this is the method have was taught in my bible school and this is what am doing.

God bless you all.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Demainman1: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2012
I think that they are both very good individuals. The difference is that pastor Jo has been brainwashed to the extent that he can see nothing wrong in his master pst Chris. To him after GOD na pastor Chris. He has replaced Jesus with Chris and rather than honour Mary that made Jesus coming as a Man possible, he will rather give all the honour to im mama Anita.

That is the problem. But as far as pst Jo is concern that is not a problem because he is also a sharer of the loot as a fellow pastor of CE. In effect He is CE and CE is him.

That is the issue!!
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by FXKing2012(m): 6:43pm On Feb 28, 2012
So we are supposed to choose between two Christian brothers? This is one of the devil's gimmicks of splitting the church and the Body of Christ. I will never allow the devil deceive me so I will not choose. Does the exercise even sound like a reasonable and worthy one? As long as they both believe in the Holy Spirit; they both believe in Jesus as the Son of God and they both believe in God the creator of all things, does it matter on which divide they stand?
@diluminati, your agenda is very clear and some of us will continue to expose you for who u really are.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by mabell: 7:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
"religious people will listen to goshen while those who want to be scripturally sound listen to Joagbaje
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Azibalua(f): 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2012
It's simple check who teaches more than criticising

1 Like

Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by aletheia(m): 8:42pm On Feb 28, 2012
mabell:

. . .those who want to be scripturally sound listen to Joagbaje
^
grin grin grin
Now this is hilarious! Shall we resurrect some older threads concerning Joagbaje's James query and what it means to be born again? Threads that showed that Jo has a poor grasp of elementary principles and is still struggling with milk when he ought to be feeding by now on meat.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by wesley80(m): 9:05pm On Feb 28, 2012
Illd be wary of anyone that's got diluminati standing by his side! Gladly with Joe.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by FXKing2012(m): 9:19pm On Feb 28, 2012
wesley80:

Illd be wary of anyone that's got diluminati standing by his side! Gladly with Joe.

LOL

1 Like

Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 28, 2012
wesley80:

but why would you think so? thats so unfair!

aletheia:

^
grin grin grin
Now this is hilarious! Shall we resurrect some older threads concerning Joagbaje's James query and what it means to be born again? Threads that showed that Jo has a poor grasp of elementary principles and is still struggling with milk when he ought to be feeding by now on meat.

Since this thread is about just that then lets get it started. Lets compare their posts side by side and see who is spiritually sound

mabell:

"religious people will listen to goshen while those who want to be scripturally sound listen to Joagbaje

You are a joeagbaje follower. your view is not neutral at all so its hard for anyone to believe you. but do you have proof?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Ngwakwe: 9:45pm On Feb 28, 2012
Goshen is an unadulterated teacher of the word of God for now better than Joe, I don't know if he will still compromise tomorrow but I pray God keep him from falling in Jesus Name Amen.

However, Joe is a true Christian but adds human interpretation when explaining some biblical concepts. Yet he is a great teacher for sure.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by tpia5: 10:48pm On Feb 28, 2012
I've always felt dilluminati has a huge crush on joagbaje.

She follows his every post and eagerly waits for his responses.

Well, they are both grown but who is available i dont know.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by aletheia(m): 10:54pm On Feb 28, 2012
diluminati:

Since this thread is about just that then lets get it started. Lets compare their posts side by side and see who is spiritually sound
^
And what would this exercise achieve?. . .You are no longer a Christian, so the question of who is "spiritually sound" between the two ought not to arise for you.

BTW: rather compare their posts to the Bible; neither of the two is the gold standard, so comparing their posts side by side is an exercise in futility.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by eddy1977(m): 5:42am On Feb 29, 2012
the bible says that we only know in parts. God never gives one single man the whole truth.

both our brothers goshen and jo are great and wonderful fellows and it is a blessing to have them both here on nairaland.

i wouldn't compare them in terms of doctrinal soundness simply because they both know only bits and parts. i cant also tell who is genuine and who is fake until i have prayed about them and developed fellowship with them.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Joagbaje(m): 6:30am On Feb 29, 2012
aletheia:

And what would this exercise achieve?. . .You are no longer a Christian, .

Illuminati, we're you once a christian?. Pls respond.

BTW: rather compare their posts to the Bible;

Great point.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 29, 2012
@Joabgbaje

well i hate categorizing myself under any fold. i'm a mixture of different things but whole in one. so i cant answer your question the way you want it.

First you say christianity is not a religion but a way of life and then you are asking me if i'm religious? sometimes i dont just get you. thats why i choose goshen over you because he's clear as the breeze and doesnt complicate matters like you.

Remember some time back when you were creating usernames just to bump up your posts. who would expect that from a pastor and a christian? who could trust you?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Enigma(m): 10:32am On Feb 29, 2012
smiley

And yesterday without irony or self awareness the "pastor" was mocking crossman for using another ID!

By the way Joagbaje, please say hello to Azibalua for me. wink

cool
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Joagbaje(m): 7:38pm On Feb 29, 2012
diluminati:

well i hate categorizing myself under any fold. i'm a mixture of different things but whole in one. so i cant answer your question the way you want it.

well aletheia post suggests you were once a christian . Thats what Meant. I'm not asking what religion you are of at the moment.

First you say christianity is not a religion but a way of life and then you are asking me if i'm religious?

I didn't ask if you are religious. Why do you find it hard to understand me.

sometimes i dont just get you.

That's what I'm saying

thats why i choose goshen over you because he's clear as the breeze and doesnt complicate matters like you.

Remember some time back when you were creating usernames just to bump up your posts. who would expect that from a pastor and a christian? who could trust you?

I didn't create user names pls. I dont know that guy .What are the names by the way?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
mabell:

"religious people will listen to goshen while[b] those who want to be scripturally sound listen to Joagbaje[/b]

huh? grin grin
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by nuclearboy(m): 8:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
^ grin
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by buzugee(m): 9:13pm On Feb 29, 2012
i listen to both. here a little, there a little. i pick what i need from both grin
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
So which one inspires your Black Hebrew agenda?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by buzugee(m): 9:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
diluminati:

So which one inspires your Black Hebrew agenda?
both  wink and we are all black hebrew whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. you can run but you cant hide from yourself.
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by newmi(m): 9:20pm On Feb 29, 2012
Why would l listen to either when the bible is there and if anyone presents the bible as proves for certain points made it would be gross folly not to give considetations and personally l don't think anybody here can ague that Joagbaje has a problem with providing sufficient bible references to strengthen his aguments.
Nonetheless the Bible remains my number one point of reference and thank God l have copies
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by buzugee(m): 9:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
newmi:

Why would l listen to either when the bible is there and if anyone presents the bible as proves for certain points made it would be gross folly not to give considetations and personally l don't think anybody here can ague that Joagbaje has a problem with providing sufficient bible references to strengthen his aguments.
Nonetheless the Bible remains my number one point of reference and thank God l have copies
what type of bible do you read ? NIV ?
Re: Between Goshen And Joeagbaje: Who Would You Listen To? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Feb 29, 2012
newmi:

Abeg nor vex, english is a bit crazy on me right now. did i just read that? from you? or is it a typo?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Short Story / Former Imam: God Saved Me From Torture After Christian Conversion / . How Sapele Popular Prophet Allegedly Burnt Human Head On Alter During Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.