Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

A Short Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Short Story (3574 Views)

Mountain Of Treasure. A Short Story By Ademola Oguntona / Bro Paul-- A Short Story / A Short Story 4 - Algebra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Short Story by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 21, 2013
From a facebook friend smiley

I just want to tell a short story this morning, a real story actually.....
There was a couple in my village who were married for a long time, unfortunately, the marriage produced no child well into their old age. And then one day it happened, the wife suddenly took in and subsequently gave birth to what Nigerians call a bouncing baby boy.

Great news for the couple and everyone. The child was much loved by the parents and everyone in my village, and quickly he became a favorite of everyone in the village and was showered with love as an only child. He was his father’s shadow, anywhere you saw the father, you saw him. They were totally inseparable. They went everywhere together, even to the farm, since the father was a farmer.

One day, the mother (who didn’t always go to farm with them) decided to pay the father and son a surprise visit. When she got there, the sight she saw shocked her and she passed immediately. She needed to be told what happened afterwards. What did she see? Well, on getting to the farm, she saw her beloved child tied like a goat to a stake ready to be butchered, with her husband holding a cutlass in his hand ready and about to strike the child a deadly blow! This was an abomination! Everybody in the village riled,cursed and condemned the man. But when a wise elderly man asked him why did you want to take your only son’s life, He said in controlled, assured and almost divine voice “BECAUSE GOD TOLD ME TO SACRIFICE MY ONLY SON” Right there everyone proclaimed him mad and thus delivered him a befitting jungle justice.

What is your view on this? I bet you will say serves him right, he is an idiot, he is deranged, delusional, idiotic and ingrate. But if you are a monotheist, you have absolutely no right to condemn the man, because this is precisely what the originator of your religions did. Big brother commanded someone to kill his son to prove his faith and the person obeyed. How moral is it for all-knowing big brother to put someone to test, let alone that of killing his only son?

If anyone tells me do what all monotheist are told to do, and admire the man who wanted to gut his child because big brother told him to so do to prove his faith, I will tell the person hell no! f*”k you! That guy should be locked for child abuse, attempted murder, and locked up for life on the grounds of insanity.

Nb,
I made one joke, the story told happened only in my head, not in my village or anywhere, just had to joke to make the message sink in.

smiley

3 Likes

Re: A Short Story by DeepSight(m): 12:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
So sad of course. But the Christian Theist would tell you with awe and reverence that his faith is founded on such. That Abraham being willing to kill his son was a good thing. That Mary being pregnant without the help of Brother Joseph was a good thing. That na holy spirit hammer am. Indeed. And educated bozzos not only believe such trash, but would look upon you with great pity, sadness and condemnation, if you do not!

2 Likes

Re: A Short Story by bolaino(m): 12:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Hahahaha, great story.
Re: A Short Story by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Apr 21, 2013
beware of delusion.
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 21, 2013
The problem is, nobody thinks anymore.
And when u don't/can't think, you are the definition of a dead man walking, a zombie!
Now, you can believe anything because you don't think. Especially when the pronouncement comes from someone who you believe to be of a higher standing (on all level).
Such is the predicament of the African/blackman.
Re: A Short Story by tobechi74: 2:24pm On Apr 21, 2013
stupid analogy forned by atheist to criticize abraham faith. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 21, 2013
tobechi74: stupid analogy forned by atheist to criticize abraham faith. Mtcheeew
Very interesting response!
Please kindly point out the stupid part of the 'analogy'.
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 3:34pm On Apr 21, 2013
Truth stands secure , the heathen may bark , yell, scream and go off on mouth foaming convulsions and throw their endless tantrums, it negates not the truth one iota.

Jesus sits on the right hand of his father until his enemies are made his foot stool in a complete and final fashion.

We need to pity these wretches and not be angry with them.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 4:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel: Truth stands secure , the heathen may bark , yell, scream and go off on mouth foaming convulsions and throw their endless tantrums, it negates not the truth one iota.

Jesus sits on the right hand of his father until his enemies are made his foot stool in a complete and final fashion.

Insults and irrelevant rants.

Typical character of a guilty conscience pained.

3 Likes

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2013
musKeeto:
How moral is it for all-knowing big brother to put someone to test, let alone that of killing his only son?

Good evening Musky,

All that 'plenty' post comes down to the above quote. What, in your view, defines what is morally correct for one individual and morally incorrect for another?
Re: A Short Story by alfaman2: 4:51pm On Apr 21, 2013
striktlymi:

Good evening Musky,

All that 'plenty' post comes down to the above quote. What, in your view, defines what is morally correct for one individual and morally incorrect for another?

Talking to yourself again?
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 4:52pm On Apr 21, 2013
musKeeto: From a facebook friend smiley

I just want to tell a short story this morning, a real story actually.....
There was a couple in my village who were married for a long time, unfortunately, the marriage produced no child well into their old age. And then one day it happened, the wife suddenly took in and subsequently gave birth to what Nigerians call a bouncing baby boy.

Great news for the couple and everyone. The child was much loved by the parents and everyone in my village, and quickly he became a favorite of everyone in the village and was showered with love as an only child. He was his father’s shadow, anywhere you saw the father, you saw him. They were totally inseparable. They went everywhere together, even to the farm, since the father was a farmer.

One day, the mother (who didn’t always go to farm with them) decided to pay the father and son a surprise visit. When she got there, the sight she saw shocked her and she passed immediately. She needed to be told what happened afterwards. What did she see? Well, on getting to the farm, she saw her beloved child tied like a goat to a stake ready to be butchered, with her husband holding a cutlass in his hand ready and about to strike the child a deadly blow! This was an abomination! Everybody in the village riled,cursed and condemned the man. But when a wise elderly man asked him why did you want to take your only son’s life, He said in controlled, assured and almost divine voice “BECAUSE GOD TOLD ME TO SACRIFICE MY ONLY SON” Right there everyone proclaimed him mad and thus delivered him a befitting jungle justice.

What is your view on this? I bet you will say serves him right, he is an idiot, he is deranged, delusional, idiotic and ingrate. But if you are a monotheist, you have absolutely no right to condemn the man, because this is precisely what the originator of your religions did. Big brother commanded someone to kill his son to prove his faith and the person obeyed. How moral is it for all-knowing big brother to put someone to test, let alone that of killing his only son?

If anyone tells me do what all monotheist are told to do, and admire the man who wanted to gut his child because big brother told him to so do to prove his faith, I will tell the person hell no! f*”k you! That guy should be locked for child abuse, attempted murder, and locked up for life on the grounds of insanity.

Nb,
I made one joke, the story told happened only in my head, not in my village or anywhere, just had to joke to make the message sink in.

smiley

Your head could not carry the story well, is it deliberate?

Not when the old woman was passed the age of child bearing and had lost all hope of that possibility and has gotten another wife for her husband.

Only for the said God to come and tell her she will still have a male child and it all came to pass as told.

Not when the said God had physically demonstrated to you who he is and what he can do, even to make your seed uncountable

not when the whole villagers are aware that the said God gave you the said child.

Only corrupted minds withheld part of the story to paint the whole story black.

Have a life, it is not compusory that you worship Yahweh, but stop maligning his character.
*rot*

6 Likes

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 4:54pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

Your head could not carry the story well, is it deliberate?

Not when the old woman was passed the age of child bearing and had lost all hope of that possibility and has gotten another wife for her husband.

Only for the said God to come tell her she will still have a male child and that and all came to pass as told.

Not when the said God had physically demonstrated to you who he is and what he can do, even to make your seed uncountable

not when the whole villagers are aware that the said God gave you the said child.

Only corrupted minds withheld part of the story to paint the whole story black.

Have a life, it is not compusory that you worship Yahweh, but stop maligning his character.
*rot*

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by shdemidemi(m): 4:56pm On Apr 21, 2013
Abraham "offered" Isaac to the mighty one (elohim) because he was still acting under a basic ancient pagan or heathen culture. This was a culture that believed that a great gift, such as one's only child late in life, or any great blessing deserved thanks to one's mighty one (elohim). The pagans thought that even greater blessings would result. This as we know is a completely false concept.

YHWH corrected Abraham by having His messenger call out to Abraham to prevent this act of heathen intent and instead provide a substitute so Abraham would not have to gift Isaac but still be able to bring a gift to YHWH in the form of a burnt offering.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
shdemidemi: Abraham "offered" Isaac to the mighty one (elohim) because he was still acting under a basic ancient pagan or heathen culture. This was a culture that believed that a great gift, such as one's only child late in life, or any great blessing deserved thanks to one's mighty one (elohim). The pagans thought that even greater blessings would result. This as we know is a completely false concept.

YHWH corrected Abraham by having His messenger call out to Abraham to prevent this act of heathen intent and instead provide a substitute so Abraham would not have to gift Isaac but still be able to bring a gift to YHWH in the form of a burnt offering.

Who liked this blatant lie? smiley

I suspect frosbel or striky....both are idiotic enough
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

The lord of the bandwagon runneth when no one pursueth...
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2013
shdemidemi: Abraham "offered" Isaac to the mighty one (elohim) because he was still acting under a basic ancient pagan or heathen culture. This was a culture that believed that a great gift, such as one's only child late in life, or any great blessing deserved thanks to one's mighty one (elohim). The pagans thought that even greater blessings would result. This as we know is a completely false concept.

O'boy see babbling!
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 21, 2013
striktlymi:

The lord of the bandwagon runneth when no one pursueth...

You mean knight....dark knight......

cool
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

You mean knight....dark knight......

cool

Anyone you choose man...
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 5:22pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

I never knew that frustration is tangible.
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

I never knew that frustration is tangible.

Frustration ke?

Lol......someone is delusional
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 5:28pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Is there anything you have the capacity to understand?
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 5:32pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

Is there anything you have the capacity to understand?

Yes, the fact that you are seriously failing in trying to explain how the village case is any different from the psycopath abraham ho was ready to kill his son. Nothing would ever make me agree to sacrifice my son. That is a statement a real father should make
Re: A Short Story by truthislight: 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
Logicboy03:

Yes, the fact that you are seriously failing in trying to explain how the village case is any different from the psycopath abraham ho was ready to kill his son. Nothing would ever make me agree to sacrifice my son. That is a statement a real father should make

That was why i had asked if you have the capacity to understand what had happened there between Abraham and Yahweh.

People with corrupted minds(sexually especially) do find it impossible to follow the ways of yahweh.

Check yourself.

Do you know/understand the responsibility to a benefactor?
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

That is why i had asked if you have the capacity to understand what had happened there between Abraham and Yahweh.

People with corrupted minds(sexually especially) do find it impossible to follow the ways of yahweh.

Check yourself.

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 21, 2013
truthislight:

That is why i had asked if you have the capacity to understand what had happened there between Abraham and Yahweh.

Check yourself.

Wow, i am saying that nothing will ever make me agree to sacrifice my son and yet you are saying that i have a corrupt mind?

This is christianity for you. Abuse and lash out at anyone who logically tries to show his problems with the bible.

You know you and your god are psycchopaths. Eternity in hell would be better than one moment with a child sacrificer

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by enilove(m): 6:06pm On Apr 21, 2013
So sad that these atheists have, on their own ,decided to perish.
What is the use of the gospel to these kinds?

The Bible says in 1 Cor. 1:18 " For the preaching of the cross ( Test of faith of Abraham ) is to them that PERISH foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God".
Gal.3:6 Even as Abraham believed God,& it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Was Isaac eventually sacrificed?

There is no use trying to parsuade a mad man to be normal. Except by the intervention of God.

It is spiritual madness for anyone to think he or she just came to this world without a creator or think this world was created by nobody.

You read about Abraham,but did not read about how the red sea was divided ,for hours ,by God to make a way of escape for the children of Israel to escape. The bible also tells us that the Egyptians perished in the red sea. And for once, the Egyptians never came out to dispute this incidence.

Your brain did not think about this historical fact and to think rightly .Why ?
Because you have decided to negnect your creator.

I thank God for His mercy to forgive anyone that comes to Him in genuine repentance and forgive him.
As long as you are still breathing ,you can use your brain and change b4 it is too late,if not you will regret ever been born.
I pray you will not teach your children this way of destruction,because in hell it will torment you the more for choosing such way for them,thinking there is no God.

REPENT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU ,mosquito and co.

1 Like

Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 6:10pm On Apr 21, 2013
enilove: So sad that these atheists have, on their own ,decided to perish.
What is the use of the gospel to these kinds?

The Bible says in 1 Cor. 1:18 " For the preaching of the cross ( Test of faith of Abraham ) is to them that PERISH foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God".
Gal.3:6 Even as Abraham believed God,& it was accounted to him for righteousness.

Was Isaac eventually sacrificed?

There is no use trying to parsuade a mad man to be normal. Except by the intervention of God.

It is spiritual madness for anyone to think he or she just came to this world without a creator or think this world was created by nobody.

You read about Abraham,but did not read about how the red sea was divided ,for hours ,by God to make a way of escape for the children of Israel to escape. The bible also tells us that the Egyptians perished in the red sea. And for once, the Egyptians never came out to dispute this incidence.

Your brain did not think about this historical fact and to think rightly .Why ?
Because you have decided to negnect your creator.

I thank God for His mercy to forgive anyone that comes to Him in genuine repentance and forgive him.
As long as you are still breathing ,you can use your brain and change b4 it is too late,if not you will regret ever been born.
I pray you will not teach your children this way of destruction,because in hell it will torment you the more for choosing such way for them,thinking there is no God.

REPENT BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU ,mosquito and co.

There was no slavery in egypt. That is for brainwashed tools like you. Even jews will tell you that. Keep accepting that you are second classs to the children of isreal as gods chosen. Pls ask yoursel wat was god doing for your ancestors in west africa while protecting the children of isreal. Slave
Re: A Short Story by mazaje(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21, 2013
frosbel: Truth stands secure , the heathen may bark , yell, scream and go off on mouth foaming convulsions and throw their endless tantrums, it negates not the truth one iota.

This response really had my laughing out loud. . .Religion is TRULY a VERY big delusion. . .
Re: A Short Story by mazaje(m): 6:23pm On Apr 21, 2013
[b]enilove:[/b]You read about Abraham,but did not read about how the red sea was divided ,for hours ,by God to make a way of escape for the children of Israel to escape. The bible also tells us that the Egyptians perished in the red sea. And for once, the Egyptians never came out to dispute this incidence.

The exodus is a myth it never happened, go ask the Jews. . .A lot of them know its all ammyth that never happened in reality. . .
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 21, 2013
Image123: beware of delusion.
I wish you had taken that warning before becoming a Christian. It seems it's too late now..
Re: A Short Story by Nobody: 7:20pm On Apr 21, 2013
tobechi74: stupid analogy forned by atheist to criticize abraham faith. Mtcheeew

Lol. It's the same faith that sent two planes crashing into the world towers...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Haitian Popular Pastor Caught Having Sex With Church Member....+ Watch Video / Before Adam And Eve Africans Where / Who Are The Gentiles? Irrefutable Proof Modern-day Christianity Is False

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.