Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon (6276 Views)

Okorocha Turning Imo To A Haven For Tourist & A Modern Model City (Pics) / Meet The Major Contenders For Edo State Government House In 2016 / Government To Investigate Emeagwali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by Kobojunkie: 12:18pm On Feb 29, 2012
AJpikin:

@kobojunkie, let`s allow the man give us the details on how he intends to operate the airline, just might work out u know bringing more revenue for the state. But a more effective mass transit scheme for beta pass right now sha.

What more information do you need of this supposed scheme? Again, Government and business does not work . . . . Government has yet to fix our roads, schools, infrastructure etc. You do not hand more responsibilities to an agency that has yet to show itself capable in other areas.
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by bigdoo: 2:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
Rochas is at it again. I hope that the proposed Imo airline will operate internationally. Bravo my unbeatable governor, we are solidly behind your drive to make Imo state the destination place and the envy of all Nigerians.
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by opribo(m): 3:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
Dear My Rochas,
I pray that all your vision come true and may your dreams never die. It is the likes of you that our people want in Imo state. However, I will like to advise that you take baby steps to achieve your vision for Imo state.
There have been many promises without a thought through process how they will be actualized. I know you want to transform Imo within the shortest possible time, I pray God see you through all your plans but I will rather preach that you implement a sustainable development plan that will out live your stay. A development plan that will ensure. Many wild elephant projects today in Nigeria are either in one state of abandonment or the other because the vision-er does not complete the project within his tenure so new government abandons the project half way. Others end up on the drawing board.

If I may say I will suggest you look at the following areas which is what our dear Imo state is begging for at the moment.

1. Industrialization- partner with foreign firms to set up industries to provide jobs for the indigene of the state. We have oil palm produce, rubber, marine.
2. Agriculture: IMO state boast of a very good agricultural land mass. Why cant the state go into industrial agriculture to grow food for the state and the nation. We can partner with foreign agricultural firms for piggery, poultry farming etc.
3. Transportation: affordable transportation and and accessible road network
4. Education: Let us improve on the primary and secondary education. the tertiary institution in the state for now is sufficient. Let us improve on the primary and secondary school system.

Lets do the little things that impact than the big ones that may be difficult to finish and even impossible to sustain after we are gone.

Here are some of the numerous gigantic promises you have made to the beloved people of Imo state.

OWERRI-Imo State Government said Monday that a brand new power plant, a fertilizer factory and massive construction of new roads will soon commence in the state.
Vanguard Sept 20, 2011

Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has promised to erect the best Liaison office in Abuja to rally the indigenes of the state residing in the Federal Capital Territory.

Dailytrust Jan 18 2012

In its desire to bring development to every part of the state, the Imo State government has concluded plans to construct 15 a kilometer road in each of the 27 local government areas in the first phase of massive road construction in the rural areas.
The Nation 23/09/2011

The Imo State government says it has concluded plans to build a world class Hospital and make the state a medical tourism destination in the country.

The Deputy Governor, Jude Agbaso, stated this shortly on arrival at the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport from a one-week official trip to India.
Businessday Friday 17/2/2012

The controversial relocation plan of Imo State University, IMSU, Owerri, to Governor Rochas Okorocha’s country home, Ogboko, may have come to an abrupt end, as government has said it will now establish three universities in each of the three senatorial zones of the state.

Okorocha announced the new arrangement in his “State of Imo” address, which he presented on Tuesday at Heroes Square, Owerri.

“It is also the desire of this administration to establish three universities in the three senatorial zones and I believe this would bring the needless controversy over relocation of Imo State University to a closure,” Okorocha said.

NaijaObserver||Imo to build Africas Tallest Tower

Imo State Governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha, on Tuesday declared that no student or pupil of Imo State origin studying in any institution owned by the state would pay fees.
The Punch Feb14, 2012
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by kettykin: 4:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
Imo state made a success of the state owne ITC i see no reason why a tate owned Air transpot company will not work, i will however advise them the focus on international routes because that is where the money is , that is why we have British Airways , lufthansa, Emirates in Nigeria , infact the london - Nigeria (enugu and Owerri) route must be explored maximally,
Other anicillary businesses like ticketing
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by OneNaira6: 4:17pm On Feb 29, 2012
I like the idea but he should think of venturing the airline as an International airline imo.
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by Adanora: 4:19pm On Feb 29, 2012
Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by kizito96(m): 5:54pm On Feb 29, 2012
An average Imolite has suffered in the hands of past administrations. For once, let us have a sigh of relief even if it is a mere promise, at least we have had hope for the first time
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by Redman44(m): 7:32pm On Feb 29, 2012
I feel the Imo State Government should abandon plans for a State Airline and focus on creating jobs for Residents of the State. Rochas Okorocha should take things step by step so that he won't leave office with many abandoned Projects. He should focus on making Imo State very agrarian with an eye of exporting Food Produce to other Nigerian States and Countries in West Africa. A good idea is to set up Factories that can produce Food Products like Canned Fish, Fruit Juice, dried vegetable sauce etc. People cannot do without food, you know. By developing the Manufacturing base of Imo State, more indigenes will be employed in the process. An employed Nigerian is an asset for his State in the long run, because he or she will pay taxes and be responsible, obey the law and participate in the development of the environment around him or her. The Imo State Government should also take Recycling seriously. There is money to be made from Rubbish. If Okorocha can set up Recycling Centers in all the Local Government Areas of Imo State, many imolites will get employed in a very short time. The waste products that are being sorted out can then be sold on to Companies both inside and outside Nigeria who will reuse them in manufacturing goods and products.

Governor Rochas Okorocha, Bin the idea of a State Airline. That is not what you need for now lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Imo State Government To Start Airline Soon by gempo(m): 7:42pm On Feb 29, 2012
Our dear Governor Rochas i know you have good intentions but don't make the mistake of starting too many projects at the same time. The ones ongoing are okay for now. At least complete 70% of them before you start venturing into other projects.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Is Who Your Average Northerner Believes Is Behind Boko Haram / Bank Verification Number / 2019: Elechi, Dr. Oun, Ogbuorji Cant Stand Gov. Umahi Bulldozing Political

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.