Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,607 members, 7,827,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers (12268 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Question For Atheists And Religious People / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mkmyers45(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

Agnostics are those sitting on the fence, they neither believe nor disbelieve so they cant be grouped with either the atheists or theists. So, true atheists are a mere 2.3% which, in social sciences, is termed insignificant. Atheists are a tiny minority and can be overlooked and ignored cos they are too insignificant.
I wish they cld only be a little smarter.
Eyah...tiny minority eh? Overlooked eh and you opened a thread on people to be overlooked eh? You are the one looking dumb

1 Like

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Kay17: 9:28pm On Apr 23, 2012
FXKing2012: You guys are really funny: the percentage of atheists in the world is a mere 2.3% (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism), does common sense not tell you that the 2.3% atheists can not be wiser and smarter than the almost 98% who believe in God or some form of god. This is just common sense!
How is that a good argument?! Its not better than "go see a MOG" as proof for spirituality.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by thehomer: 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
FXKing2012:

I never said God cannot, I said He chooses to do whatever as He deems fit.

If God can, how do you know he hasn't done that yet?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
mkmyers45: Eyah...tiny minority eh? Overlooked eh and you opened a thread on people to be overlooked eh? You are the one looking dumb

I opened this thread cos I dont want them to go to hell. GOD LOVES THEM TOO!
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 4:34pm On Apr 26, 2012
thehomer:

If God can, how do you know he hasn't done that yet?

OK, are u really this dumb or just playing dumb?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Heathen(m): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2012
FXKing2012:

I opened this thread cos I dont want them to go to hell. GOD LOVES THEM TOO!

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 27, 2012
i have seen a guy been sprayed with bullets, jogging away like they were rubber bullets. This happened in a university in d nigerdelta region. Hw do u explain dat without believing in d spirit realm? Does science have an explanation? Pls i want to know
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Kay17: 4:10pm On Apr 27, 2012
tgirl1986: i have seen a guy been sprayed with bullets, jogging away like they were rubber bullets. This happened in a university in d nigerdelta region. Hw do u explain dat without believing in d spirit realm? Does science have an explanation? Pls i want to know

*cough* while someone was spraying these bullets, did you duck at any point? Or you just stood there watching everything like a movie?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2012
Kay 17:

*cough* while someone was spraying these bullets, did you duck at any point? Or you just stood there watching everything like a movie?
i was in a class room some blocks away, i ducked but was watching from a window. Killings were rampant in d sch then, notin new. sometimes we would be in class upstairs and shootings were going on downstairs, the lecturer doesn't even act like anytin is happening, lecture continues..thats to tell u hw bad the situation was...u dnt thave to believe me..but hw do i explain dat situation to myself and the others who saw it without believing in d spirit realm?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
Kay 17:

there was another instance where the bullets weren't penetrating, the guy fled but the rival group caught him at d main gate in broad day light and dropped an engine block on his head...that was what killed him. I have seen things..
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Heathen(m): 5:28pm On Apr 27, 2012
^^^^ you want us to believe you went to a university where shootings were that rampant? So rampant that it became the norm and people didnt flinch at such happenings? Poppy cork! What exactly is the name of this Niger Delta region situated university?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Heathen(m): 5:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
Double post.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2012
shut up.. i know the school you're talking about.. RSUST... u didn't see anything, just heard stories.. and coming here to blab bullshit...
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 5:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
Heathen: ^^^^ you want us to believe you went to a university where shootings were that rampant? So rampant that it became the norm and people didnt flinch at such happenings? Poppy cork! What exactly is the name of this Niger Delta region situated university?
Hard to believe, but yES... shootings were a part of school life at some point.. most nlanders only know ss as oil area.. life here's fucking different..
youths here live by the gun and are at the mercy of all kind of gun-toting touts..
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 27, 2012
Rivers state University of science and technology..it was hot 2002-07 and even before that..they had to change the VC..then things became better..ask anybody who was there that time period..like i said, u dnt have to believe me. All i know is there are things i have seen that science cannot explain
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
I stay in Ph, reside close to the school, Abacha road to be precise.. so I'm pretty sure most of what you heard were just stories. Even my friends who keep talking about those stories never have proof, they are just university version of Lady Koikoi and bush baby...
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 6:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
i didnt hear, i saw..i was in the faculty of engineering, dats where all d action happens..were u in the school?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 6:26pm On Apr 27, 2012
i wasn't a student there, but a very frequent visitor.. some of my friends stayed within the school, road e,c,d (staff children) one was in f&g hostel, others stayed along ilabuchi road.. and eagle island..
So i'm very much aware of what was going on in the school.. i've heard those stories.. seen burnt bodies and all.. but those 'bullet bouncing off' stories I never believed them..
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 27, 2012
Believe what u want, it's a free world...doesn't concern me..Doesn't change what i know.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by trent9002(m): 7:24pm On Apr 27, 2012
FXKing2012, really, Whats ur point? Your SKy Daddy's Imaginary. Get used to it, and stop sulking. @tgirl, if what u said is true, Find the guy, James Randi has 1 Million dollars for you ( www.randi.org ), Otherwise I'll assume u were hallucinating.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 9:05pm On Apr 27, 2012
tgirl1986: i have seen a guy been sprayed with bullets, jogging away like they were rubber bullets. This happened in a university in d nigerdelta region. Hw do u explain dat without believing in d spirit realm? Does science have an explanation? Pls i want to know
Lets even assume your story is true, how come europeans still conquered us and took our forefathers as slaves in period when all we had were these native powers, how come many of our soldiers die at peace keeping missions despite knowing and using these native insurance? I dont know what you claimed u saw but it sounds more like BS stories that we hear everytime arround us crafted to enslave our minds so we can live in perpetual fear
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Heathen(m): 5:57am On Apr 28, 2012
@tgirl, bullets bouncing off people is some high grade bull****. If such a thing existed do you realise the number of countries that will use such 'magic' in their military force. The whole thing reminds me of a Zimbabwe story i head, it happened during the colonial period. A certain woman(whom you can describle as master of juju, or atleast that was what they believed) did some special rituals and promised the Zimbabwean army victory telling them the bullets will bounce off them! I don't need go further! It was a masacre! I repeat, real bullets bouncing off people is a lie untill proven otherwise.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 28, 2012
I need answers, not stories...slave trade, zimbambwe..e.t.c no two situations are exactly the same..doesn't change what i saw with my own eyes..before then i myself never believed all those stuff..maybe i was hallucinating , but then i wasn't the only one who saw it..which means a lot of people were hallucinating...i need answers
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 9:52am On Apr 28, 2012
tgirl1986: I need answers, not stories...slave trade, zimbambwe..e.t.c no two situations are exactly the same..doesn't change what i saw with my own eyes..before then i myself never believed all those stuff..maybe i was hallucinating , but then i wasn't the only one who saw it..which means a lot of people were hallucinating...i need answers
With reference to the bolded:
You were suffering from a chronic case of OPTICAL ILLUSION.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by joe4christ(m): 12:38pm On Apr 28, 2012
dekung: @Mrmayor,
My wife knows my stand, initially it was rather disturbing for her, especially someone brought under good christian background. In fact she went haead to report me to the board of trustee chairman in the church, she reported to some of our friends and one of them was on verge of reporting me to Rev Sam Adeyemi. Of course I allowed them have their way but I know my convictions. Lately my wife is begining to see things my way, she now realises the level of hypocrisy displayed by these so called christians that is not to say she is considering agnostism or atheism like me but she is no longer as fanatical. Deception full everywhere and like I said I cant tell people to believe what I dont.

Mark my word for future reference; God is gonna deal with you so much that no one would be able to save you from his grip until you come back to your senses admitting the reality of his existance.
God is no joke and he's gonna prove it to your generation and everyone would learn from your experiences.
You will still come back here someday to debunk all your previous post against God, except if God is no longer on the throne would what i just say not come to pass.

Till then, i remain Joe4christ!
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Kay17: 1:41pm On Apr 28, 2012
tgirl1986: I need answers, not stories...slave trade, zimbambwe..e.t.c no two situations are exactly the same..doesn't change what i saw with my own eyes..before then i myself never believed all those stuff..maybe i was hallucinating , but then i wasn't the only one who saw it..which means a lot of people were hallucinating...i need answers

A problem is: you couldn't see the projectile of the bullets, and can't ascertain if they were missed shots. Besides, what do students know about marksmanship?!
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by thehomer: 2:25pm On Apr 28, 2012
FXKing2012:

OK, are u really this dumb or just playing dumb?

Mu. Though what you've shown is that you're too dumb to understand your own claims.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by dekung(m): 7:23pm On Apr 28, 2012
joe4christ:

Mark my word for future reference; God is gonna deal with you so much that no one would be able to save you from his grip until you come back to your senses admitting the reality of his existance.
[b]God is no [/b]joke and he's gonna prove it to your generation and everyone would learn from your experiences.
You will still come back here someday to debunk all your previous post against God, except if God is no longer on the throne would what i just say not come to pass.

Till then, i remain Joe4christ!

Your God is a joke and A BIIIIIIIIIG lie perpetrated by middle eastern and medieval people to explain what they do not understand.

If all that your God can do with all the myriad of problems facing humanity is to arrest ordinary me, then that God is a very lazy and jobless God. Nigeria is blessed with most wicked leaders of all times (your religious leaders inclusive and Christian leaders in particular), your God should go after them and hunt them down. These leaders have stolen our collective wealth and sent millions to untimely graves yet your god sits down wherever he is and does nothing. Did I hear you say he is long suffering and waiting for them to repent? Please don’t make me laugh. Then he will wait till we are all wiped out.
Tell your God to go after the thieving and kleptomaniac politician and the church leaders who fraternise with these thieves (I think I have a picture of Adeboye and Ibori somewhere on the internet), tell him to unravel the mystery behind Boko Haram and put their menace to rest once and for all. Tell him to solve hunger problems in draught stricken regions of the world.
Let him tell us the true way in which to worship him amongst all the several modes of worship that exist from all the worlds religion because if I believe in Islam 2.2 billion Christians will perish in hell for eternity, if I believe in Christianity, 1.5billion muslim will have executive suites in hell fire. Let me be honest with you, if the Roman Empire had adopted Mithras instead of Christianity, you would have been a Mithraist and I probably would have still found my way to atheism.
Am pretty sure you think I need help, but you put all your belief in a book that claims snakes, lizards and donkeys could talk, a book that believes in witches, wizards and that sticks could turn to snakes. You are the one who believes in a book that says food could fall from the sky and that someone could walk on water tell a storm to stop. You are the one that believes in all these primitive, absurd magical stories which are not different from the story of Ben 10, yet you want your God to arrest me.
One of the tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion. Do you really think I need God to be a good husband to my wife, father to my children, boss to my subordinates or follower to my leader? I think not. Religion is an insult to human dignity, with or without it you will still have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
Rather than be a big bully that he is he should do the job of a God and not bother about a small me in the middle of nowhere. Maybe when he has done his job he would have earned my respect, till then, tell him to get busy!
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by joe4christ(m): 6:14pm On Apr 29, 2012
dekung:

Your God is a joke and A BIIIIIIIIIG lie perpetrated by middle eastern and medieval people to explain what they do not understand.

If all that your God can do with all the myriad of problems facing humanity is to arrest ordinary me, then that God is a very lazy and jobless God. Nigeria is blessed with most wicked leaders of all times (your religious leaders inclusive and Christian leaders in particular), your God should go after them and hunt them down. These leaders have stolen our collective wealth and sent millions to untimely graves yet your god sits down wherever he is and does nothing. Did I hear you say he is long suffering and waiting for them to repent? Please don’t make me laugh. Then he will wait till we are all wiped out.
Tell your God to go after the thieving and kleptomaniac politician and the church leaders who fraternise with these thieves (I think I have a picture of Adeboye and Ibori somewhere on the internet), tell him to unravel the mystery behind Boko Haram and put their menace to rest once and for all. Tell him to solve hunger problems in draught stricken regions of the world.
Let him tell us the true way in which to worship him amongst all the several modes of worship that exist from all the worlds religion because if I believe in Islam 2.2 billion Christians will perish in hell for eternity, if I believe in Christianity, 1.5billion muslim will have executive suites in hell fire. Let me be honest with you, if the Roman Empire had adopted Mithras instead of Christianity, you would have been a Mithraist and I probably would have still found my way to atheism.
Am pretty sure you think I need help, but you put all your belief in a book that claims snakes, lizards and donkeys could talk, a book that believes in witches, wizards and that sticks could turn to snakes. You are the one who believes in a book that says food could fall from the sky and that someone could walk on water tell a storm to stop. You are the one that believes in all these primitive, absurd magical stories which are not different from the story of Ben 10, yet you want your God to arrest me.
One of the tragedies of mankind is that morality has been hijacked by religion. Do you really think I need God to be a good husband to my wife, father to my children, boss to my subordinates or follower to my leader? I think not. Religion is an insult to human dignity, with or without it you will still have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things.
Rather than be a big bully that he is he should do the job of a God and not bother about a small me in the middle of nowhere. Maybe when he has done his job he would have earned my respect, till then, tell him to get busy!

[size=15pt] Time will tell! [/size]
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mantraa: 9:59pm On Apr 29, 2012

Maybe he Knew his life was in danger and was wearing a bullet proof vest.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 12:11pm On Apr 30, 2012

Thank you, dont mind these eeeediots.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Was the Love between King David and Jonathan Homosexual? / Why Did Islam Not Spread Much, Much Further Across Subsaharan Africa? / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.