Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers (12228 Views)

Atheists And Their Stupidity / Question For Atheists And Religious People / A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 8:02am On Mar 10, 2012
mazaje:

You just keep making baseless arguments, even the entry you gave from wikipedia about the voyager clearly stated that it was more of a symbolic attempt and not a real attempt at finding extraterrestrial life, have you read the limitation of the SETI?

Seriously if anyone is making baseless argument that wld be u. You see how planet earth is perfectly located and how the delicate balance that sustains life on earth is itself sustained yet u think it's just one big coincidence. Common sense is enough to make even the worst skeptic see that there is no way itz all coincidence.
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 8:36am On Mar 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

Seriously if anyone is making baseless argument that wld be u. You see how planet earth is perfectly located and how the delicate balance that sustains life on earth is itself sustained yet u think it's just one big coincidence. Common sense is enough to make even the worst skeptic see that there is no way itz all coincidence.
THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!

Do you have a video recording of Yahweh creating the earth? Until you provide such and evidence then I will take it that you do NOT know what you are talking about. . . .Lets assume that nobody really understands gravity. If I tell you that it exists because there are invisible elephants hidden in the earth that cannot be experienced by mere mortals, the fact that you cannot disprove that theory, nor replace it with a better one, doesn't make it right. It makes it highly speculative at best, and more likely, just a convenient fiction. You can believe whatever you want and I hope that it works for you, but trying to castigate and feel somewhat superior to others for not sharing your belief and delusions is just not it . . . .Having no explanation for an event means nothing more than we don't know. That's it, we simply do not know yet. It is ignorant to conclude that God did it. There was a time we couldn't explain anything about the female reproductive cycle and back them women that had their monthly period were tagged as unclean by your God, we also couldn't explain the stars back in the days and when we couldn't your bible says that they will fall down into the earth some day and that some of them were fighting along humans in wars. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by wirinet(m): 10:41am On Mar 10, 2012
As I said Homo Sapiens Sapiens did not evolve from apes we share a common ancestor more than two million years ago. After the split the two followed a seperate evolutionary path. If you go back far enough, we share a common ancestry with every living thing on the planet.
Intelligence is just one trait of evolution, it is what helped human to survive and adapt to its environment, it is not as vital to the survival if other apes and definitely not essential to the survival of lions, snakes, fish, etc. Other animals have other evolutionary traits to aid its adaptability and survival.

That is the best I can do in educating you on basic science, if you need more understanding, consult credible source or remain in your bias.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 11:27am On Mar 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm yet to read any post with a very logical reason as to why there is no God or why we are not alone in the universe. This tells me the skeptics only hold on to their point of view either for the sake of being a rebel or for the sake of attention.

Please how have you established or proven that we are alone in the universe?. . . .No astronomer I know has ever made such a claim, as it stands right now we do NOT have the ability to know or determine if we are alone in the universe. . We currently lact the equipment and technology to know that. . . You just keep displaying your ignorance and refusing to learn, first you said we have observatories like hubble that sees light very far away but could not find any life out there, any body that knows about hubble and its mission will not be making such an ignorant statement. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by thehomer: 3:11pm On Mar 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm yet to read any post with a very logical reason as to why there is no God or why we are not alone in the universe. This tells me the skeptics only hold on to their point of view either for the sake of being a rebel or for the sake of attention.

Which God are you referring to?

FXKing2012:

Scientists who are supposedly very smart told us the Big Ba.ng Theory is the beginning of all things. I find this really hilarious for the singular reason that the theory came from scientists.

It is hilarious because it comes from scientists? I hope you know that scientists are also behind the theory of gravity, continental drift ant the germ theory of disease.

FXKing2012:

Let me squash the theory with the following:
1) For there to be a 'ba'ng' the thing that went 'ba.ng' must have preexisted before the 'ba.ng'.

2) Since the thing that went 'ba.ng' is physical that means it must have come from somewhere cos anything physical couldnt have come from nowhere.

3) Energy is required to trigger any form of explosion, so where did the energy come from? Definitely not from nowhere.

It appears that you simply do not understand what the big bang theory is. You cannot compare it to the regular explosions you're used to seeing.

FXKing2012:

Astronomers and space scientists tell us we are not alone and that the extraterrestrial life out there is far more civilized than us, I wish one of them could throw light into these:
1) The aliens are far more advanced than us yet they have never made contact since the emergence of man on earth despite knowing every living thing likes to conquer and control given the opportunity.

Which astronomers say this? Last time I checked, what they said was that it is unlikely that we are alone in the universe.

FXKing2012:

2)We have extremely powerful telescopes and satellites yet we have never seen or spotted any aliens, or even any artificial light from outer space.

Do you even have any idea of how big the universe is?

FXKing2012:

3)We have been eavesdropping on space for several years with the use of radio wave hoping to get a signal of any form of artificial activity in space, yet nothing has been heard or detected.

Do you understand how big the universe is?

FXKing2012:

4)A satellite with messages, maps and descriptions of planet earth and it's resources was sent out to space in the 1977 called the Voyager Mission with the hope that  some extraterrestrial intelligence will come in contact with it and find their way to us, but till date we are still expecting them.

Do you understand how big the universe is?

FXKing2012:

5) The earth is so carefully located that planet Jupiter protects us from all the massive asteroids from outer space, the distance btw the earth and the sun is just perfect to give moderate heat, the moon is perfectly located to create the tides which is essential for sea life and also creates the necessary gravitational pull that keeps us from being drawn into the sun by the gravitational pull of the sun thus making earth the only habitable planet(as far as has been discovered by scientists) in the universe, and they tell me all these are mere coincidences.

How about those massive meteorites that have hit the earth and the moon, wasn't Jupiter present then?
What you're describing above is what is called "puddle thinking".
I hope you do realize that with the little search that has been carried out, about 54 planets are within the "Goldilocks zone".

FXKing2012:

Darwin and his lot came with the gospel of evolution and so many bought into it.
1) If in deed we evolved from apes, how come for the tens of thousands of years we've existed, we have not noticed any form of evolution in any mammal.

Do you understand the concept of the evolutionary timescale?

FXKing2012:

2) If we in deed evolved from apes, we wouldn't be eons apart in terms of our level of intelligence. We have evolved as humans from one primitive state to a more sophisticated one but no animal has been known/seen to evolve from one level of sophistication to another. The lions, tigers, apes, etc we have today are exactly the same in terms of level of intelligence as those that existed 1,000yrs, 10,000yrs or 100,000yrs ago.

Humans are apes. How old do you think the earth is? What makes you think that lions today wouldn't outcompete lions 500,000 years ago?

FXKing2012:

I could go on and on to show you that we are no coincidence and everything was ordered by a Higher Being. Those holding on to such ideas are either not deep enough and willing to live in the superficial or are only living in a state of denial, or perhaps they just want some attention.

Please go on. All I hope for is that as you continue, you take the time to educate yourself.

With this image, note the area that has been searched using the tools available.

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mantraa: 4:17pm On Mar 10, 2012
If we in deed evolved from apes, we wouldn't be eons apart in terms of our level of intelligence. We have evolved as humans from one primitive state to a more sophisticated one but no animal has been known/seen to evolve from one level of sophistication to another. The lions, tigers, apes, etc we have today are exactly the same in terms of level of intelligence as those that existed 1,000yrs, 10,000yrs or 100,000yrs ago.

Through evolution, new species arise through the process of speciation—where new varieties of organisms arise and thrive when they are able to find and exploit an ecological niche—and species become extinct when they are no longer able to survive in changing conditions or against superior competition. The relationship between animals and their ecological niches has been firmly established. A typical species becomes extinct within 10 million years of its first appearance, although some species, called living fossils, survive virtually unchanged for hundreds of millions of years. Most extinctions have occurred naturally, prior to Homo sapiens walking on Earth: it is estimated that 99.9% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct!

Homo sapiens ecological niche is our intelligence, instead of the survival of the fittest, in the severe harshness of the african rift valley we became the survival of the smartest which allowed us to understand our environment and outsmart other animals more and more with each passing generation. You must agree that we understand our universe a lot more now than we did 100 years ago. Then compare that to what we understood about the universe 1000, 5000, 10,000, 100,000, and 1 million years ago when our most advanced technology was basic stone tools. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Age

Some chimpanzees have also recently been observed to learn how to use tools.
Chimpanzees are members of the Hominidae family, along with gorillas, humans, and orangutans. Chimpanzees split from the human branch of the family about 4 to 6 million years ago. The two chimpanzee species are the closest living relatives to humans, all being members of the Hominini tribe (along with extinct species of Hominina subtribe). Chimpanzees are the only known members of the Panina subtribe. The two Pan species split only about one million years ago.

One of the most significant discoveries was in October 1960 when Jane Goodall observed the use of tools among chimpanzees. Recent research indicates that chimpanzee stone tool use dates to at least 4,300 years ago. Chimpanzee tool usage includes digging into termite mounds with a large stick tool, and then using a small stick that has been altered to "fish" the termites out. A recent study revealed the use of such advanced tools as spears, with which common chimpanzees in Senegal sharpen with their teeth and use to spear Senegal Bushbabies out of small holes in trees. Before the discovery of tool use in chimps, it was believed that humans were the only species to make and use tools, but several other tool-using species are now known.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpanzee

Have a look at this website for more informations about these amazing animals who we should not be ashamed to acknowledge as our close cousins.
Just look at the evidence. The similarities are undeniable.
http://www.janegoodall.org/
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 8:49pm On Mar 10, 2012
mantraa:

Through evolution, new species arise through the process of speciation—where new varieties of organisms arise and thrive when they are able to find and exploit an ecological niche—and species become extinct when they are no longer able to survive in changing conditions or against superior competition. The relationship between animals and their ecological niches has been firmly established. A typical species becomes extinct within 10 million years of its first appearance, although some species, called living fossils, survive virtually unchanged for hundreds of millions of years. Most extinctions have occurred naturally, prior to Homo sapiens walking on Earth: it is estimated that 99.9% of all species that have ever existed are now extinct!

Homo sapiens ecological niche is our intelligence, instead of the survival of the fittest, in the severe harshness of the african rift valley we became the survival of the smartest which allowed us to understand our environment and outsmart other animals more and more with each passing generation. You must agree that we understand our universe a lot more now than we did 100 years ago. Then compare that to what we understood about the universe 1000, 5000, 10,000, 100,000, and 1 million years ago when our most advanced technology was basic stone tools. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Age

Some chimpanzees have also recently been observed to learn how to use tools.
Chimpanzees are members of the Hominidae family, along with gorillas, humans, and orangutans. Chimpanzees split from the human branch of the family about 4 to 6 million years ago. The two chimpanzee species are the closest living relatives to humans, all being members of the Hominini tribe (along with extinct species of Hominina subtribe). Chimpanzees are the only known members of the Panina subtribe. The two Pan species split only about one million years ago.

One of the most significant discoveries was in October 1960 when Jane Goodall observed the use of tools among chimpanzees. Recent research indicates that chimpanzee stone tool use dates to at least 4,300 years ago. Chimpanzee tool usage includes digging into termite mounds with a large stick tool, and then using a small stick that has been altered to "fish" the termites out. A recent study revealed the use of such advanced tools as spears, with which common chimpanzees in Senegal sharpen with their teeth and use to spear Senegal Bushbabies out of small holes in trees. Before the discovery of tool use in chimps, it was believed that humans were the only species to make and use tools, but several other tool-using species are now known.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimpanzee

Have a look at this website for more informations about these amazing animals who we should not be ashamed to acknowledge as our close cousins.
Just look at the evidence. The similarities are undeniable.
http://www.janegoodall.org/

Bros pls could u educate me on how scientists came about the age of the world? Do u really believe all these gibberish about animals that existed hundreds of millions of years ago? If so, I would so much like to know how they were able to calculate and come about the age of such animals.Do u just accept theses things simply becos they come from scientists?
Just as u ask questions to question the existence of God, do u also ask questions to question the reliability of all these laughable claims by scientists?

thehomer:

How about those massive meteorites that have hit the earth and the moon, wasn't Jupiter present then?
What you're describing above is what is called "puddle thinking".
I hope you do realize that with the little search that has been carried out, about 54 planets are within the "Goldilocks zone".

With this image, note the area that has been searched using the tools available.

And how many of such meteorites has been big enough to wipe out life on earth or even destabilize the inner core of the earth which produces the electromagnetic wave that protects the planet as has been the case in other planets such as Mars?
And in reference to your picture of our galaxy (the milky way), would u be kind enough to explain how that picture was even taken in the first place when no satellite has ever traveled outside the 300 light-year radius as shown in your picture? Would it then be safe to say that the picture is computer generated based on theories and assumptions by scientists as against a real picture by a satellite?

mazaje:

Do you have a video recording of Yahweh creating the earth? Until you provide such and evidence then I will take it that you do NOT know what you are talking about. . . .Lets assume that nobody really understands gravity. If I tell you that it exists because there are invisible elephants hidden in the earth that cannot be experienced by mere mortals, the fact that you cannot disprove that theory, nor replace it with a better one, doesn't make it right. It makes it highly speculative at best, and more likely, just a convenient fiction. You can believe whatever you want and I hope that it works for you, but trying to castigate and feel somewhat superior to others for not sharing your belief and delusions is just not it . . . .Having no explanation for an event means nothing more than we don't know. That's it, we simply do not know yet. It is ignorant to conclude that God did it. There was a time we couldn't explain anything about the female reproductive cycle and back them women that had their monthly period were tagged as unclean by your God, we also couldn't explain the stars back in the days and when we couldn't your bible says that they will fall down into the earth some day and that some of them were fighting along humans in wars. . .

I'm really at my wits end as regards these videos u keep asking of, ok do u have a video of the imaginary meteorite that wiped out dinosaurs? If u dont have the video then why do u believe in that theory? How are u even sure it was a meteor that caused the famous crater in Mexico which scientists link to the extermination of dinosaurs when u dont have a video of the meteorite hitting the earth?
There is more to life and to the world to what we see with our eyes; there is always more than what we can empirically test, pls stop this superficial and myopic way of reasoning. And simply becos u cant see something does not mean it's not there.

I have a final challenge to all atheists and if u cant take up the challenge and instead choose to keep holding on to this myopic way of reasoning then I'll conclude that all u atheists are merely arguing just for the sake of it with no real intent of finding out the truth.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm really at my wits end as regards these videos u keep asking of, ok do u have a video of the imaginary meteorite that wiped out dinosaurs? If u dont have the video then why do u believe in that theory? How are u even sure it was a meteor that caused the famous crater in Mexico which scientists link to the extermination of dinosaurs when u dont have a video of the meteorite hitting the earth?
There is more to life and to the world to what we see with our eyes; there is always more than what we can empirically test, pls stop this superficial and myopic way of reasoning. And simply becos u cant see something does not mean it's not there.

I have a final challenge to all atheists and if u cant take up the challenge and instead choose to keep holding on to this myopic way of reasoning then I'll conclude that all u atheists are merely arguing just for the sake of it with no real intent of finding out the truth.

No body talked about dinosaurs and meteorites, you did, so its up to you to defend that claim, who told you that I believe or accept that theory?. . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2012
goshen360:

Am talking about the Living God which the founding fathers of United States believed.

I'll just leave these here.
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries
http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/treaty_tripoli.html

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

1 Like

Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by thehomer: 9:46pm On Mar 10, 2012
FXKing2012:

Bros pls could u educate me on how scientists came about the age of the world? Do u really believe all these gibberish about animals that existed hundreds of millions of years ago? If so, I would so much like to know how they were able to calculate and come about the age of such animals.Do u just accept theses things simply becos they come from scientists?
Just as u ask questions to question the existence of God, do u also ask questions to question the reliability of all these laughable claims by scientists?

Do you understand the concept of radioactivity? How about radioactive dating?

FXKing2012:

And how many of such meteorites has been big enough to wipe out life on earth or even destabilize the inner core of the earth which produces the electromagnetic wave that protects the planet as has been the case in other planets such as Mars?

What inner core of the earth producing electromagnetic wave are you talking about? Firstly, do you think that the earth has ever been struck by meteorites?

FXKing2012:

And in reference to your picture of our galaxy (the milky way), would u be kind enough to explain how that picture was even taken in the first place when no satellite has ever traveled outside the 300 light-year radius as shown in your picture? Would it then be safe to say that the picture is computer generated based on theories and assumptions by scientists as against a real picture by a satellite?

Hold on for a moment. Are you saying that the only thing that is acceptable to you is a picture taken by a person? Do you think pictures are the only ways or the best ways of finding out about something? You can look up information on the Milky Way galaxy and hopefully, you'll come to realize how it is that we know the shape of the galaxy and from elementary physics, one can calculate the distance radio-waves from earth have reached.

FXKing2012:

Is it only a video that you would find acceptable?

FXKing2012:

How do you know that something isn't there?

FXKing2012:

I have a final challenge to all atheists and if u cant take up the challenge and instead choose to keep holding on to this myopic way of reasoning then I'll conclude that all u atheists  are merely arguing just for the sake of it with no real intent of finding out the truth.

You haven't even addressed the points I raised yet you keep talking about challenges. Maybe they appear to you to be challenges due to your ignorance. That can of course be rectified.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by jmoore(m): 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
Martian:

I'll just leave these here.
Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

That is a constitution that was amended and filled with lies.

"We ought to be no less persuaded that the propitons smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained" - George Washington (1st President of USA)

1789, the day of Inauguration of 1st president of USA, after the inaugural speech by George Washington, he walked in to the St Paul's chapel with the congress men and confined themselves to a period of prayer and fasting where they dedicated USA to God. This is the same St Paul's chapel that was not damaged by the falling twin towers.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 10:07pm On Mar 10, 2012
jmoore:

That is a constitution that was amended and filled with lies.

"We ought to be no less persuaded that the propitons smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained" - George Washington (1st President of USA)

1789, the day of Inauguration of 1st president of USA, after the inaugural speech by George Washington, he walked in to the St Paul's chapel with the congress men and confined themselves to a period of prayer and fasting where they dedicated USA to God. This is the same St Paul's chapel that was not damaged by the falling twin towers.

Whatever you say. lol
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Kay17: 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2012
Amended constitution? What amendment?? first? Second? Third? Fourth?

The American State presented itself as a secular state to the world. (Treaty of Tripoli)
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2012
thehomer:

Do you understand the concept of radioactivity? How about radioactive dating?

What inner core of the earth producing electromagnetic wave are you talking about? Firstly, do you think that the earth has ever been struck by meteorites?

Hold on for a moment. Are you saying that the only thing that is acceptable to you is a picture taken by a person? Do you think pictures are the only ways or the best ways of finding out about something? You can look up information on the Milky Way galaxy and hopefully, you'll come to realize how it is that we know the shape of the galaxy and from elementary physics, one can calculate the distance radio-waves from earth have reached.

Is it only a video that you would find acceptable?

How do you know that something isn't there?

You have succeeded in not answering my questions and only asked me more questions. The fact that u dont know what electromagnetic wave is, how it is produced and even its functions tell me you have no idea of space/earth science, so I suggest u educate yourself more on that subject b4 coming here to put up a weak arse argument with me.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by thehomer: 7:43am On Mar 11, 2012
FXKing2012:

You have succeeded in not answering my questions and only asked me more questions.

I asked those questions and others because the ignorance you're displaying is painful to read. Please point me to a good resource that talks about he earth emitting electromagnetic waves that somehow deflect asteroids. I've searched but haven't found any. If I were to answer your questions, you probably wouldn't understand the answers with the ignorance you're displaying.

FXKing2012:
The fact that u dont know what electromagnetic wave is, how it is produced and even its functions tell me you have no idea of space/earth science, so I suggest u educate yourself more on that subject b4 coming here to put up a weak arse argument with me.

This is simply gross ignorance. I know what electromagnetic waves are, the question is do you know what they are? What space/earth science do you know that makes you ignorant of the size or shape of the Milky Way? Or the age of the earth and the age of life forms on the earth?
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by wirinet(m): 9:16am On Mar 11, 2012

Your knowledge of elementary science is worse than I had originally assumed. The core of the earth produces electromagnetic waves? Do you even know what electromagnetic waves are or how they are produced. Please tell us which range of the spectrum is produced in the earth's core and how it is produced.

Asteroids and comets hit all the planets and moons within the solar system so I do not understand your arguments concerning meteors. The last major impact was a small comet in Tunguska, Russia in 1908, and its devastation was extensive.

Please take time to learn of science issues and developments before you hit the post button.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by mazaje(m): 10:57am On Mar 11, 2012
wirinet:

Your knowledge of elementary science is worse than I had originally assumed. The core of the earth produces electromagnetic waves? Do you even know what electromagnetic waves are or how they are produced. Please tell us which range of the spectrum is produced in the earth's core and how it is produced.

Asteroids and comets hit all the planets and moons within the solar system so I do not understand your arguments concerning meteors. The last major impact was a small comet in Tunguska, Russia in 1908, and its devastation was extensive.

Please take time to learn of science issues and developments before you hit the post button.

I don't really know why he keeps displaying his lack of knowledge of science as if its something to be proud of. . .This is the same person that stated that fossils found on mountain tops are evidence for Noah's flood. . . . .
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by jmoore(m): 12:20pm On Mar 11, 2012
Kay 17: Amended constitution? What amendment?? first? Second? Third? Fourth?

The American State presented itself as a secular state to the world. (Treaty of Tripoli)

debunk this>> 1789, the day of Inauguration of 1st president of USA, after the inaugural speech by George Washington, he walked in to the St Paul's chapel with the congress men and confined themselves to a period of prayer and fasting where they dedicated USA to God. This is the same St Paul's chapel that was not damaged by the falling twin towers.

The treaty you are talking about was signed in 1796,it cannot logically or historically be referenced as any “evidence” against the USA as a Christian nation whatsoever. Article 11 which you are making reference to was later dropped.
For those who cite the Treaty of Tripoli as evidence that USA was not founded on the Christian religion, usually ignore the Treaty of Paris of 1783. This Treaty, negotiated by Ben Franklin and John Adams among others, is truly a foundational document for the United States, because by this Treaty Britian recognized the independence of the United States. The Treaty begins with the words, "In the Name of the most holy and undivided Trinity... ," and there is no dispute about its validity or its wording.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2012
thehomer:

I asked those questions and others because the ignorance you're displaying is painful to read. Please point me to a good resource that talks about he earth emitting electromagnetic waves that somehow deflect asteroids. I've searched but haven't found any. If I were to answer your questions, you probably wouldn't understand the answers with the ignorance you're displaying.

You are really pathetic, u really dont know abt electromagnetic wave and u are still making this claim. This shows your level of ignorance and I must say it beats me. If u dont know something why not ask instead of insisting the thing does not exist, this is just hilarious!
Pls explain or read abt the concept of shooting stars then you will understand what electromagnetic waves do.
You are a clown!
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 6:08pm On Mar 11, 2012
wirinet:

Chai! I didnt know I've been dealing with people with no knowledge of even basic earth science. Pls I implore you to read about the concept of electromagnetic wave b4 posting here again cos I wouldnt wanna blast you. You guys really know how to make me laugh.
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by FXKing2012(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2012
[b]Man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they got talking. They discussed about so many things
and various subjects.When they
eventually touched on the subject of God,the barber said:"I don't believe that God exists." "Why do you say that?" asked the customer."Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist.Tell me, if
God exists,would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children? If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop. Just
after he left the barbershop, he saw a man on the street with long, stringy,dirty hair and an untrimmed beard. He looked dirty and unkempt. The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and he said to
the barber: "You know what? Barbers do not exist." "How can you say that?" asked the surprised barber. "I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked
on you!" "No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside.""Ah, but barbers DO exist! " answered the barber. "What happens, is, people do not come to me. ""Exactly!"- affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, DOES exist! What happens, is, people don't go to
Him and do not look for Him. That's why there's so much pain and suffering in the world." God loves you!

Courtesy of gendebs.[/b]
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by Nobody: 6:20pm On Mar 11, 2012
252. FXKing2012(m):
Chai! I didnt know I've been dealing with people with no knowledge of even basic earth science. Pls I implore you to read about the concept of electromagnetic wave b4 posting here again cos I wouldnt wanna blast you. You guys really know how to make me laugh..

I think you're the one confusing people. You're making a similar mistake to the one you made when you refered to Stars as Suns and said Suns explode. This time, you are refering to the eletromagnetic field (magnetosphere) but you're insisting on electro magenetic waves.

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/lect/earth/magnetic.html
http://physics.bu.edu/~duffy/py106/EMWaves.html
Re: An Open Challenge To Atheists And Free-thinkers by wirinet(m): 7:32pm On Mar 11, 2012
FXKing2012:

You are really pathetic, u really dont know abt electromagnetic wave and u are still making this claim. This shows your level of ignorance and I must say it beats me. If u dont know something why not ask instead of insisting the thing does not exist, this is just hilarious!
Pls explain or read abt the concept of shooting stars then you will understand what electromagnetic waves do.
You are a clown!

There is a term for those who knows not and knows not that they know not. I am simply amazed that some one that has pass through secondary school does not know the difference between electromagnetic waves and a magnetic field. The earth is surrounded by a magnetic field which deflected high energy magnetically charged particles from the sun away from the surface. This magnetic field changes polarity changes every 250,000 yrs or so, and for a brief period neutral or zero.

Man you are ignorant, your parents should ask for a refund of all the fees they paid for any science education.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? / The Laughter Of Yahweh: I Am The Deceiver / Real Image Of King James Of KJV1611

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.