Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,044 members, 7,835,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence (10711 Views)

Nigerian Education's Naming Ceremony (very Very Very Funny) / Photo Of The Of Day :what Tension In The Nigerian Education Can Do To Students / State Of Nigerian Education! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 29, 2012
[size=13pt]The below are answers to exam questions by UK school children, makes you wonder what has happened to a  'once was ' best education system in the world.[/size]

What's hard water? It's ice,  Convert centimetre to metre? Take out centi,  Teachers spill the beans on funniest exam answers EVER

Q. What is meant by the term 'hermaphrodite'? A. Lady Gaga
Q. What do we call the science of classifying living things? A. Racism

For years, the 'Kung Fu' gland somehow escaped the attention of endocrinologists.

But one student has clearly found it,  according to his hilarious answer to a biology exam question (complete with surreal sketch).

And what about the meaning of the term 'hermaphrodite'. That would, apparently, be 'Lady Gaga'.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Funnyexam.com - a website crammed with astonishingly bad answers given by students in both the UK and US.

Discovery of the legendary 'Kung Fu' gland, according to one student on Funnyexam.com

See the top right corner, so that you're quite clear they're talking about a 'horse',

Now that's a 'hard' exam question

Teachers have so far submitted hundreds of 'epic fail' responses by pupils, covering maths, science and just about every other subject on the curriculum.

And it does make you wonder what exactly is being taught in schools.

One pupil had the perfect answer to: 'Briefly explain what hard water is'.
They wrote 'Ice'.

Equally amusing are the comments made by exasperated teachers.

Take this 'feelings' study below - where 'Enough is enough Judy!' has been written on the naughty pupil's answer sheet. Well, they did call the poor boy ugly.

It is not clear whether all the exam answers are genuine.

Indeed, all references to the schools in question have been censored, so it would be impossible to authenticate them.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/02/29/article-2108063-11F77C60000005DC-163_634x188.jpg
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Kobojunkie: 4:25pm On Feb 29, 2012
and this makes the Nigerian Education system better than the UK System how exactly?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

@Moderators, could you please move this to the joke section where it belongs.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 29, 2012
It is no laughing matter , trust me.

It is almost old news that the UK State education system is nearing total collapse.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 6:10pm On Feb 29, 2012
Q: why are there rings on saturn

A: because God liked it, so he put a ring on it. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Teacher's remark: saturn was not a single lady grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Jakumo(m): 6:26pm On Feb 29, 2012
I chit you not, Frosbel, I laughed so hard reading those exam answers that I had tears streaming down my face here. Damn.

My favourite answer is the one about the invention of "Good Vibrations" (by the Beach Boys) in the 1960s, followed closely by the kid who innocently mentions that his dad wants "hores", and his mom says no.

I'm saving that entire sequence to send about. You's da man. Forsbel. If laughter is indeed good for the soul then you just added a few more years to my life today. Thanks bud.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Arosa(m): 6:40pm On Feb 29, 2012
D'oh! what are my exams paper doing online? embarassed
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Yeske2(m): 6:47pm On Feb 29, 2012
lwkmd
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 29, 2012
Oh Lawwd! I've never laughed so hard in ages.
The particular one that got to me was expand (a+b)^ and find X.
I couldn't stop laughing!
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by NorthSharp(m): 7:24pm On Feb 29, 2012
I am just wondering why the real picture of that little girl was used; the ineffective covering of her eyes could not prevent her from being identified.   

And the fact that she was the only one so exposed adds to my bewilderment and curiosity.

@OP, I tried to open the link you provided but it didn't work.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Natasha2(f): 7:48pm On Feb 29, 2012
lmao I can't believe these answers are actually true shocked but gosh they are damn funny , really laughing hard grin grin grin grin
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 12:01pm On Mar 01, 2012
Nigerian kids are not so dumb like these oyinbo pikins. If any of our kids 4ck up, then we show them the rod on their buttocks. But in the U.K, these teachers are scared to do anything or less they face a law suit. wtf! flash them for yansh them go know why them dey school! even our almajiris sabi pass them.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2012
This Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ not enough reason to say such about Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ UK system. These children aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ definitely bottom class products. At least they gave answers that seemed rather smart but wrong. Here in Nigeria, I've seen a TC 2 copy Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ name of Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ student she was copying from. Mind Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊! These aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ women in their thirties. Secondary school Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ a disaster, physics students do not know what a volt meter ø® ammeter looks like.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Nobody: 12:19pm On Mar 01, 2012
Haha. . .LMFAO grin grin *Page Bookmarked* grin
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by jolab: 12:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
i read dat newspaper too.it cannot even be verified if it was by skool student nd even if it was true,lets face it every1 country is got their retards.In order to say 9ja skools r better than the uk's u actually need proper evidence!

@diluminati corporal punishment has never been a good thing.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by LEXYLOV: 12:29pm On Mar 01, 2012
Sorry this is meant for joke section. i understand the moderator make a mistake posting this scrap here. undecided
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by viceb: 12:32pm On Mar 01, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin

But poster the above dont justify your claim.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by yusuf01(m): 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
LWKMD very funny I tell you, especially the student that was asked to expand,
But seriously, I don't think this justifies our own educational system; the answers look stupid at least, but I think they are reasonable enough if you look from the perspective of their age. I think the most stupid is the 'kunfu gland'. Don't wanna sound sarcastic though, but I think it'll be difficult to see nigerian kids answering with such level of sincerity these children answered with. Very sincere in their reasoning; something that'll make them good students in future.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by oradee: 12:35pm On Mar 01, 2012
thats real funny yea, but their UK 5th graders are smarter than our Nigerian jambites,
they showed creativity in most of their responses,

it u wanna see dumb a$$, go and watch the screening episode of Miss Nigeria by Nike Omotosho,
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Sagamite(m): 12:36pm On Mar 01, 2012
I loved the maths question:

Expand (a+b)n

The guy did expand it.

The teacher wrote: "Very funny Peter"

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by stepo707: 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2012
Very funny students i tell you.Also if you want to laugh well, check out secondary schools in the north for those of you that served as a teacher in this schools during nysc.If you see funny english and responses ehn.

Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by sebastinta(m): 12:45pm On Mar 01, 2012
lolzzzzz hav seen most of em though, not enuf justification though,

diluminati:

Nigerian kids are not so dumb like these oyinbo pikins. If any of our kids 4ck up, then we show them the rod on their buttocks. But in the U.K, these teachers are scared to do anything or less they face a law suit. wtf! flash them for yansh them go know why them dey school! even our almajiris sabi pass them.

trashing students has done more harm dan gud, dere r many 9ja skools now dat dnt use d rod tongue
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by pssword: 12:46pm On Mar 01, 2012
A bit of a leap in comparisons based on the some jokes
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Xbox1: 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2012
Thank God this is joke
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Emperoh(m): 12:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
I won't conclude that the UK system is failing because of this.
These could be comedians in the making for all i care or even Creatives in an AD agency.

As far as i am concerned, these questions are smart even though they are wrong.

But yea. . . . .i am having the laugh of a life time
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Sagamite(m): 1:03pm On Mar 01, 2012
Emperoh:

I won't conclude that the UK system is failing because of this.
These could be comedians in the making for all i care or even Creatives in an AD agency.

As far as i am concerned, these questions are smart even though they are wrong.

But yea. . . . .i am having the laugh of a life time

Absolutely fcking on point. grin
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by passyjango(m): 1:10pm On Mar 01, 2012
You cannot just rank Nigerian education higher based on answers of UK students alone. We need to see those of their Nigerian counterparts. Besides, most of the answers where logical. For example the student who was told to expand an expression made a genuine and logical effort to do so. He/she even dedicated four lines to the problem.

There answers showed logic, they may not have crammed or memorised the answers but they showed some creativity. This character may even see them excelling in life.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Sagamite(m): 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2012
Q: Why does Saturn have a ring on it.

A: Because God liked it, so he put a ring on it.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

When I tell una say na Beyonce, Rihanna and Lady Gaga dey raise una kids, una go think say I dey joke. grin
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by Harbb: 1:42pm On Mar 01, 2012
Gosh! this really got me rolling on the floor.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by ban1(m): 2:02pm On Mar 01, 2012
At the age of 10, Uk students have done what secondary students in Nigeria have never heard of. This is really funny though, you will be surprised the age of these students compared to Nigerian student when they learn the same thing. you need to compare classroom standard, teaching standard, Govt support and other independent bodies.

They dont do jack of all trade. a ten yr old in the uk knows what he wants. An adult graduate still does not know what to major in. Let me believe this is a joke.
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by newslive(f): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2012
lol grin grin

Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by bright007(f): 2:06pm On Mar 01, 2012
where are d jokes?
Re: Why The Nigerian Education System Better Than The Uk - Read For Evidence by blank(f): 2:22pm On Mar 01, 2012
Abeg shut up about UK standards. It is the private schools that are good. Most of their primary and secondary schools are rubbish. My classmate joined us in JS 1 and did not know anything not even 12 times table. She was always struggling in school but after several extra classes and so on she was able to catch up as she is quite intelligent. Her sister was not so lucky and had to repeat a class.

Go to UK and tell me if they can even spell. They are so behind when you compare at primary and secondary school. It is when you get to university that they shine more. Why don't they go to university so much? It is cause they are not able to cope. Nigerians go to their universities and outshine them.

Those who have foreign masters should tell the house how many of their English classmates came out with distinction. That is why they keep looking for foreign students.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Funny Quotes Enjoy!!!!! (compilation) / This must be a Miracle / "SUPER BAR". . .offtopic. . barjoint. . .NITECLUB!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.