Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Blackberry Vs Android - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Vs Android (14124 Views)

Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 / Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by charles316: 6:13pm On Mar 02, 2012
jedisco:

My advice to you is this: Don't ever buy any low-end android phone

u mean samsung ace s580 is a low-end android phone? then which do u suggest i get? cost is an issue to an extent.lol
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 02, 2012
Android eats data like Godzilla eats cities. With blackberry's data compression, a 1Gb file will be downloaded with 2-300Mb. Plus you get physical qwerty keys. Nothing beats physical qwerty keys.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 6:29pm On Mar 02, 2012
And you get unlimited data if you subscribe to the full BIS.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by mekaboy(m): 6:37pm On Mar 02, 2012
I AM CONFUSED, I HAVE A SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 AND TAB 7 , I FEEL I MIGHT HAVE TO GET A BB JUST TO BE THERE ALWAYS FOR MY BB FRIENDS, BUT DONT KNOW WHICH ONE TO TRADE.

THE TAB IS BIG- BUT BROWSING ON IT AND WATCHING VIDEOS IS FUN.

I DONT WANT TO GIVE UP THE S2 because ITS SMALL BUT WITH LOTS OF FEATURES.

AND I DONT WANT TO USE 3 PHONES. BUT HAVING 2 ANDROID PRODUCTS FEELS LIKE I SHOULD HAVE VARIETY.

IF YOU HAD A SAMSUNG S2 AND GALAXY TAB 7 WHICH WOULD U EXCHANGE FOR A BB ?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
Why not get a galaxy note and a bb? Or tell your bb friends to install whatsapp,
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by mekaboy(m): 6:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
YOU KNOW HOW NAIJA PPLE ARE CRAZY ABOUT PIN, PEOPLE DEY ASK OF PIN MORE THESE DAYS THAN PHONE NUMBER, AND ITS NOT EVERYONE I WOULD WANT TO HAVE MY NUMBER. THE SAMSUNG S2 IS NICE AND TAB IS ALSO NICE, DONT KNOW WHICH TO TRADE.

AND I DONT KNOW WHY FACEBOOK DOES NOT SHOW VIA ANDROID ANYMORE .
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
The galaxy note is a combination of the s2 and the tab,

About the number thing, I understand your point. Get a bb, don't invest in one. PIN NA PIN grin grin
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by babseg(m): 7:11pm On Mar 02, 2012
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Leopantro: 7:12pm On Mar 02, 2012
your choice would depend on what you want in a phone. i had a U8150 android then bought an lg P350 which I'm currently using. i download movies ,read novels and textbooks, browse,hack and play games like crazy. currently have 6gb of downloaded apps in my 32gb SD card and have flashed it and over pimped it. plan to get an android tablet soon. the downside is i utilize a 1gb plan in two weeks but i don't mind. don't have the time to chat or ping.it all depends on what you want in a phone
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by CobaltRed: 7:18pm On Mar 02, 2012
Nothing is like physical qwerty?
Then you've never used an onscreen keypad. Does it not tell you something about BB maker - They just are not thinking right, how would a smartphone company in this age use half of the phone as a physical keypad? This is one of many reason the BB brand is dying globally. It's just plain stupid. Currently, android controls 52% of smartphone market see  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396404,00.asp    , and Nigerians are still making noise about BB who lost nearly 10% sales in 2011 alone.
The truth is, RIM does not want to change, just like Nokia, and they are dying brands. Android is WOW, and is getting better by the day.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
Cobalt_Red:

Then you've never used an onscreen keypad. Does it not tell you something about BB maker - [b]They just are not thinking right, how would a smartphone company in this age use half of the phone as a physical keypad?[/] This is one of many reason the BB brand is dying globally. It's just plain silly. Currently, android controls 52% of smartphone market see http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396404,00.asp , and Nigerians are still making noise about BB who lost nearly 10% sales in 2011 alone.
The truth is, RIM does not want to change, just like Nokia, and they are dying brands. Android is WOW, and is getting better by the day.
_
For one you type 4x faster on a physical keypad.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 02, 2012
Cobalt_Red:

Then you've never used an onscreen keypad. Does it not tell you something about BB maker - They just are not thinking right, how would a smartphone company in this age use half of the phone as a physical keypad? This is one of many reason the BB brand is dying globally. It's just plain silly. Currently, android controls 52% of smartphone market see  http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2396404,00.asp    , and Nigerians are still making noise about BB who lost nearly 10% sales in 2011 alone.
_
For one you type 4x faster on a physical keypad.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by jspac(m): 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2012
Go for Andriod,that is if you can afford it, am out of here.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by decogrin(m): 7:57pm On Mar 02, 2012
all is crap! nokia 3110 rocks
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by jedisco(m): 8:20pm On Mar 02, 2012
charles316:

u mean samsung ace s580 is a low-end android phone? then which do u suggest i get? cost is an issue to an extent.lol

It may have been a mid-end phone when it was released but its quickly becoming a low-end android phone.

If you think you would experience what all people are saying here then u need to have a rethink.
IMO any android phone with lower specs than this is now worth it: 512mb Ram, 1GB ROM and 1GHz CPU processor speed. Also check out the battery life and the android version it runs
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Soocool1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
decogrin:

lol .u don dey madt

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Sike(m): 8:29pm On Mar 02, 2012
decogrin:

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Smart007i(m): 8:56pm On Mar 02, 2012
Nokia N900 and Blackberry 9650(bold 3) works for me No offense, grin
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by sniperwolf(m): 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2012
BlackBerry don't stand a chance with some Nokia phone talk more of phones running Android
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by passyjango(m): 9:29pm On Mar 02, 2012
If you are data conscious, go for a BlackBerry phone. Android is a good OS, but it is far from perfect. Android OS is also produced mostly by companies that lack imagination or innovation. All they do is push out high specs a large screen, quad-core/dual-core, etc. No wonder, despite the publicised success of Android, only a few of them have actually been able to leverage its success. No wonder Google is going after Motorola.

Go for a functional phone that does what you want. 1,000,000 apps you can only use a few. 1000s of them does virtually the same thing. It is only a person now in the advanced stages of inferiority complex that will buy a phone just for image. However, do not limit yourself, go to a reputable shop and see what is available. But forget specs and focus on functionality.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 9:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
passyjango:

If you are data conscious, go for a BlackBerry phone. Android is a good OS, but it is far from perfect. Android OS is also produced mostly by companies that lack imagination or innovation. All they do is push out high specs a large screen, quad-core/dual-core, etc. No wonder, despite the publicised success of Android, only a few of them have actually been able to leverage its success. No wonder Google is going after Motorola.

Go for a functional phone that does what you want. 1,000,000 apps you can only use a few. 1000s of them does virtually the same thing. It is only a person now in the advanced stages of inferiority complex that will buy a phone just for image. However, do not limit yourself, go to a reputable shop and see what is available. But forget specs and focus on functionality.

in essence?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 02, 2012
mr Poster,

Go for an android phone period except if u cannot afford up to N3,000 a month for browsing.
A BB cannot and can never be compared to an android or ios smart machine.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 9:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
passyjango:

You know nothing about android.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
and for your information, the latest version of BB Operating system run a selected android application. This is to show u which one is superior.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 9:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
and for your information, the latest version of BB Operating system run a selected android application. This is to show u which one is superior.

check the links

http://blackberry2android.com/
check down the page

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=blackberry%2010&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEwQqQIwBQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.techweekeurope.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fanalysts-claim-blackberry-sales-are-dropping-significantly-in-europe-64235&ei=jC9RT4TTNZC3hAeEt6TeCw&usg=AFQjCNH33mk8A2SiRE4_Qgrf2nwj5ZEeXA

http://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=blackberry%2010&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFoQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tomshardware.com%2Fnews%2Frim-blackberry-playbook-bb10-porsche%2C14884.html&ei=jC9RT4TTNZC3hAeEt6TeCw&usg=AFQjCNH6GBx6SjGfFjwozqoKxgrqd_kJdw

I rest my case
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by faithin9ja: 9:53pm On Mar 02, 2012
@Emmachile

Android is so good, answer 3 simple questions for the average Nigerian user
1. what app do you use or is so important that is not on BB
2. what data bundles are available for the heavy user that are cheaper than BIS
3. outside 450,000 apps what does the android do that the BB does not?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
faithin9ja:

@Emmachile

Android is so good, answer 3 simple questions for the average Nigerian user
1. what app do you use or is so important that is not on BB
2. what data bundles are available for the heavy user that are cheaper than BIS
3. outside 450,000 apps what does the android do that the BB does not?

Have u read the links i sent above, Oya lets go

1. Pulse for news gathering, sports applications like fotmob, eurosports, etc; quotes like wise words, inspirational one just to name a few
2. 3,000 for 1gb
3. A bb cannot share installed applications on it. Eg i want to share an information from pulse to google+ social site

Please i want to see for today o!
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by sulakishop(m): 10:42pm On Mar 02, 2012
whateva the case may be, my nokia e72 is the next best thing after sliced buttered bread!
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 02, 2012
sulakishop:

whateva the case may be, my nokia e72 is the next best thing after sliced buttered bread!

lol
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by 2kurupt(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2012
Enough ranting here!

All those whining about hardware keyboard typing faster on bb have you ever heard of 'swype' on touchscreen? If you did, you would understand wat fast typing rili is,

@OP.
Things bb got that android ain't:
- data compression
- sharing of pings
- ease of operability
- ease for business use i.e. email, social
etc etc

Things android got that bb ain't
- better quality games (both 2d & 3d)
- more apps (most are useful & free)
- most customizable mobile OS
- more variety of hardware brands to choose from i.e. Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG
- Available on full touchscreen or qwerty i.e. full keypad forms

All in all, it depends on what you want to be doing on your fone.
Cheers
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by faithin9ja: 11:13pm On Mar 02, 2012
H
ave u read the links i sent above, Oya lets go

1. Pulse for news gathering, sports applications like fotmob, eurosports, etc; quotes like wise words, inspirational one just to name a few
2. 3,000 for 1gb
3. A bb cannot share installed applications on it. Eg i want to share an information from pulse to google+ social site

Please i want to see for today o!

1. BB has all the news gathering apps, especially 'social feed' which can link all your feeds and RSS and social networks on one simple app which comes pre installed.
2. BIS is unlimited at N3k and as BB data is compressed so you find it difficult using 1gb - try watching 'youtube ' on an android or iPhone in Nigeria.
3. share information, you can cut and paste from most applications, word, emails, websites, apps and put them into any other app on the phone, ie copy from wikipedia and but it into an ordinary text message

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can Powerbanks Be Repaired? / Ghana Orders MTN To Stop Sim Card Sales / FIFA 17 Mobile Discussion Thread(what You Need To Know)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.