Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Blackberry Vs Android - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Vs Android (14121 Views)

Iphone VS Blackberry VS Andriod Users (hilarious Pic) / Ios 7 Specs VS Android 4.2, Windows Phone, Blackberry 10 / Blackberry Vs HTC Vs iPhone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 03, 2012
Andriod is better. Why don't u try china phones
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2012
Lemme tell youse why BlackBerry's here to stay in this here Nigeria. The network providers LOVE it, 'cause they don't have to use their allocated bandwidth and servers to provide service, they use RIM's.
_
The (heavy internet) users LOVE it, 'cause instead of shelling out 7.5k per month for a meagre 6GB of data, all the while consciously switching off stuff like auto-sync/update so as to not use up the 6GB, they shell out 8k for 3 months UNLIMITED data. No worries of using it up. No denying themselves certain services just so they don't use up their allocated data.
_
And the more guys like youse "switch o'er to droids 'cause it's "da bomb", the less tariff we have to pay, 'cause you'll be freeing up bandwidth.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by moshoodn(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2012
my android is faster than my berry when accessing the net.
1ghz processor
1 gb ram.

I love my droid.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Ossaifamous(m): 9:11am On Mar 04, 2012
Well am not a big smartphone user but haven used the curve 2 and lg p500 at different times lets me believe that lot of apps is better compare to a just bbm cause that's the only thing the berry has got
but then keep on with your phone if data bundle fee would be an issue like I used wireless lan with my android , not that fun when you talk about the monetary fee
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by dandollar1: 10:44am On Mar 04, 2012
Ossai famous:

Well am not a big smartphone user but haven used the curve 2 and lg p500 at different times lets me believe that lot of apps is better compare to a just bbm cause that's the only thing the berry has got
but then keep on with your phone if data bundle fee would be an issue like I used wireless lan with my android , not that fun when you talk about the monetary fee
please where do I get to access wifi services in lagos or portharcourt? I need to set up a playbook.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by amblors(m): 11:02am On Mar 04, 2012
Mr dandollar, the MIFi mtn sells can b used as a hotspot, you can connect up to six devices to it.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Ossaifamous(m): 1:00pm On Mar 04, 2012
@dan_dollar I work in a hotel that provide good wireless service
so am lucky so of my friends though take their device down to cyber cafe
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by walcolm(m): 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
SimonAndal:

Lemme tell youse why BlackBerry's here to stay in this here Nigeria. The network providers LOVE it, 'cause they don't have to use their allocated bandwidth and servers to provide service, they use RIM's.
_
The (heavy internet) users LOVE it, 'cause instead of shelling out 7.5k per month for a meagre 6GB of data, all the while consciously switching off stuff like auto-sync/update so as to not use up the 6GB, they shell out 8k for 3 months UNLIMITED data. No worries of using it up. No denying themselves certain services just so they don't use up their allocated data.
_
And the more guys like youse "switch o'er to droids 'cause it's "da bomb", the less tariff we have to pay, 'cause you'll be freeing up bandwidth.

Nice one. and with the new set of BBs sporting up to 1.2ghz processors and 1gb ram, it gets even better BB users
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by bidemi12(m): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ignorance is bliss. how on earth would anyone compare Android Os to Bb. Just based on apps development alone bb is way behind not to talk of flexibility. But i can understand why someone residing in Naija would want to compare what whith no reliable internet conections to talk of. The name of the thread should have been ''which is better for Nigerians living in Nigerian, bb or android"

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by bidemi12(m): 3:39pm On Mar 04, 2012
Ignorance is bliss. how on earth would anyone compare Android Os to Bb. Just based on apps development alone bb is way behind not to talk of flexibility. But i can understand why someone residing in Naija would want to compare what with no reliable internet conections to talk of. The name of the thread should have been ''which is better for Nigerians living in Nigeria, bb or android"
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Bossman(m): 4:02pm On Mar 04, 2012
Could not have said it better. For those living in Naija, with seriously sub-par internet connection, if at all, the BB is probably the way to go. Also, because of the cost of calls/txt there, being able to communicate freely using the BB PIN is a big plus. While OTOH, in the western world where calls/txt are very cheap, at this stage of the ball game, the BB offers absolutely no advantages over the android, iphone, etc.

bidemi12:

Ignorance is bliss. how on earth would anyone compare Android Os to Bb. Just based on apps development alone bb is way behind not to talk of flexibility. But i can understand why someone residing in Naija would want to compare what with no reliable internet conections to talk of. The name of the thread should have been ''which is better for Nigerians living in Nigeria, bb or android"
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Coefficient(m): 9:57am On Mar 05, 2012
Pls hw mch wl it cost to get a samsung tablet or bb playbook? Any help?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Acelifted: 12:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
are u serious??!!
so nigerians are to dumb their bbs just because the western world dont fancy it?

Before nko? have they not dictating the pace of technology?? wetin u know?? even the BB no be dem show you? you better wise up and follow the trend. the world is a global village. hold on to your BB and be pinging like a little lad. after all, that's all there is to it for Nigerians!!! grin
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Dabss(m): 5:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
Acelifted:

Before nko? have they not dictating the pace of technology?? wetin u know?? even the BB no be dem show you? you better wise up and follow the trend. the world is a global village. hold on to your BB and be pinging like a little lad. after all, that's all there is to it for Nigerians!!! grin
just imagine this dolt.
I use an iPhone bro. But it will be cretinous to expect everybody to just dumb their bb s for iPhones or andriod phones.
After all there are people who went back to bb after using andriod.
Its a matter of personal taste.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Acelifted: 9:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
Its a matter of personal taste.

This is a Better reason. that first one was not tenable.
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by henryskywalker2003(m): 10:57am On Mar 06, 2012
@OP. Between a blackberry and an
android, I can't really tell you to go for
one over the other but let me list some
advantages and disadvantages the two
has.
Advantages of Blackberry.
1. Great data compression that can save
you some precious data at the end of
the month.
2. Seemingly unlimited data. Why do I
say this? Check at the bottom of almost
all the network websites, on the
blackberry bundle page, they always
state "fair usage applies". Meaning,
that you'll get enough data that an
average user is supposed to consume in
a month and if you exceed that, they
won't cut you off, rather will start
deducting money from ur account for
any further usage. I have personally
put this to the test and it is so for mtn
and glo.
3. Social networking on the go.
4. BBM.
5. Great push email and office apps.
6. All your data passes thru blackberry
server hence, increased security.
Disadvantages of Blackberry.
1. BIS subscription is necessary to
enjoy any of the above features.
2. No native pdf veiwer. You can only
view pdf files sent thru email but once
you download it to the device, you can't
veiw it in anyway unless u buy a pdf
viewer app from the appworld.
3. You can't share your data with your
other devices.
4. Got to carry a charger or a spare
battery.
5. Turns off your radio antenna when
battery is low.
6. Can not expand it's abilities easily. Eg,
it plays avi and mp4 videos but can't
play mkv, asf and a host of other
formats unless you "probably" pay for a
video app.
7. No radio.
8. Takes 3-5mins to boot after a
battery pull or dead battery.
9. Inefficient taskmanager (there are
some apps that you can't close even if
you don't use it eg BBM, browser,
email) they all make the battery run
down faster.
10. No free browsing cheats.
11. Few great games.
Advantages of Android.
1. Great selection of apps, especially if
you are a geek. Eg, I've been able to
telnet and ssh into a remote router
from my bed like I used to do with my
nokia.
2. Tweakablilty. You can control a lot of
things in it easily, from startup apps to
downright changing your OS to a
different version even before they ever
release it for the phone.
3. Social networking on the go.
4. Great office apps (with native pdf
viewer).
5. Phones ability can be expanded. Eg,
can't extract rar files? Download
zarchiver and you can extract zip, rar,
ace, 7zip, iso, etc with just one app. Can't
view mkv? Download moboplayer and
you can watch a whole range of other
formats including vob.
6. You get great hardware at a cheaper
price eg, the only bb with hd capabilities
(playback and recording) is Bold 9900
and Torch 9810 ie Bold 5 and Torch 2
respectively. A Sony Ericsson Xperia
Ray does that and cost's half their
prices.
7. Variety of makers and devices to
choose from, Samsung, S.E. HTC, LG,
Motorola, Huawei etc.
8. Ability to share your data connection.
9. Ability to use free browsing cheats.
Lol.
10. Lots of free great games (ie if you
like games on phones, I don't).
Disadvantages of Android.
1. Having too much apps can drain the
battery faster than normal espcially
data consuming apps.
2. No data compression like BB hence,
more data might be required.
3. No BBM (Naija folks see it as a
disavantage but lets face it, nimbuzz,
ebuddy, whatsapp can do the same
thing bbm can).
4. Won't score points with most ladies if
you are not with a bb. Lol.
5. You can actually pick up viruses from
the Android market, so anti-virus is
needed.

Guys feel free to add anymore that I might have left out for both platforms.

@SimonAndal, BB has a compression normal ratio of 6:1. Compare that your figures with this ratio and tell me if what you say makes sense.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 06, 2012
@skywalker: 'bout the fair usage thingy, they don't deduct your credit, rather they slow down your bandwidth speed.
_
I said what I got: 600MB
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by temmym4(m): 1:38am On Mar 29, 2012
jedisco: I know this topic is not about symbian but since we're talking about smartphones I think I should digress a little bit.

I use Nokia 701 running symbian belle and all the android fans I've come across have not been able to give me cogent reasons why android is better. But on the other hand I always give them baffling reasons

Hmmmmm.. i trust u. U + 701 + SYMBIAN BELLE equals FIRE & THUNDER.. lol. Belle aint better than android but it pays a thousand times more to be on belle than android. those people couldnt give u good reasons cos they are just ”level 1" user. U cant compare them to urself na. Lol. But The Forum comparing a Droid with a Blackberry OS?? Lolzzzzz. Assuming all the popular OS are human, Android will be a very wealthy young and handsome dude,attracting all ladies and even other boys go dey envy am. Symbian will be a very wise old man in his 50s, trying to maintain and copy other stuffs from young boys especially Mr Android so as to gain attention and get more customers for his goods, Thanks to his wife, Nokia who never leaves his side. He always gives him more inspiration. Ios (Iphone OS) will be one Pompous Rich kid that sets himself aside, only rolls with those that has got money to waste, those he s got nice IQ but he is so fragile cos he is an AJEBOTA, he is married to iphone.. for better for worse. Mr Windows will be one rough and rugged guy with no strong ambition, not until everyone starts running away, now he tries getting more goodies and leaving trashes which makes him a better man now, OMEEGO & MEAMO are twins, they always come to SYMBIAN's home to beg for Money so survive, though they both had something going on with SYMBIAN's wife (Nokia) at his back.. Blackberry is one ugly short bald man with pot belle that resemble that of Rick Ross, he works mainly as a messenger at a respective firm and he goes to gym almost everyday so as to gain more strength and be reliable in the office, people really like him for what he does best.. but when u come close to him, u found out he is got nothin to offer, other than " ABBEG GIVE ME YOU LETTER and MESSAGES, MAKE I POST AM FOR YOU, AFTER THAT FREE ME, I NO DEY FOLLOW PEOPLE JOKE"... lolzz "grin

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by jedisco(m): 4:58pm On Mar 29, 2012
temmy.m3:

Hmmmmm.. i trust u. U + 701 + SYMBIAN BELLE equals FIRE & THUNDER.. lol. Belle aint better than android but it pays a thousand times more to be on belle than android. those people couldnt give u good reasons cos they are just ”level 1" user. U cant compare them to urself na. Lol. But The Forum comparing a Droid with a Blackberry OS?? Lolzzzzz. Assuming all the popular OS are human, Android will be a very wealthy young and handsome dude,attracting all ladies and even other boys go dey envy am. Symbian will be a very wise old man in his 50s, trying to maintain and copy other stuffs from young boys especially Mr Android so as to gain attention and get more customers for his goods, Thanks to his wife, Nokia who never leaves his side. He always gives him more inspiration. Ios (Iphone OS) will be one Pompous Rich kid that sets himself aside, only rolls with those that has got money to waste, those he s got nice IQ but he is so fragile cos he is an AJEBOTA, he is married to iphone.. for better for worse. Mr Windows will be one rough and rugged guy with no strong ambition, not until everyone starts running away, now he tries getting more goodies and leaving trashes which makes him a better man now, OMEEGO & MEAMO are twins, they always come to SYMBIAN's home to beg for Money so survive, though they both had something going on with SYMBIAN's wife (Nokia) at his back.. Blackberry is one ugly short bald man with pot belle that resemble that of Rick Ross, he works mainly as a messenger at a respective firm and he goes to gym almost everyday so as to gain more strength and be reliable in the office, people really like him for what he does best.. but when u come close to him, u found out he is got nothin to offer, other than " ABBEG GIVE ME YOU LETTER and MESSAGES, MAKE I POST AM FOR YOU, AFTER THAT FREE ME, I NO DEY FOLLOW PEOPLE JOKE"... lolzz "grin

Nice analogy I must say.
I didn't say symbian was better just said they should prove their case while I prove mine. Just like a man whose only proof of innocence in a law court is the word of his own mouth when there is hard evidence against him.
Actually, they were getting me angry. Imagine somebody said I should buy an android phone cos androids got 500,000 apps as if he has up to 150 of those installed.
But man how u take find this post?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Deblow: 3:01am On Apr 01, 2012
Am a fone freak; I used to own a bold 3 and a samsung galaxy tab. I discovered the android is a heavy data consumer but highly efficient and fast. My bold 3 was a pain in d ass because it hardly could download a 1MB file without writting "download failed" even in a 3g coverage area! I became frustrated believing that was how all BBs behave. I love my android but detest the high cost of running it!
But recently I got a brand new Torch 2 and I discovered my Bold3 (OS6) was a good toy afterall! I wasted no time in disposing it. In essence both bb and android are good dependin on d types one chooses to own. So far, d only difference I have been able to spot btw my bb 9810 and my galaxy is that some youtube movies will not be "available" on d bb but same will play on d android. I need someone to explain this to me. I pay N1500/month bb plan and in a 3g coverage area. Thanks
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2012
Had it been that Eve hadn't given Adam an apple but a Blackberry, or made him an Ice-cream sandwich, who knows if they woulda been chased outta eden?
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by walcolm(m): 8:48am On Apr 02, 2012
Deblow: Am a fone freak; I used to own a bold 3 and a samsung galaxy tab. I discovered the android is a heavy data consumer but highly efficient and fast. .....

So far, d only difference I have been able to spot btw my bb 9810 and my galaxy is that some youtube movies will not be "available" on d bb but same will play on d android. I need someone to explain this to me. I pay N1500/month bb plan and in a 3g coverage area. Thanks

In Nigeria, unless you're on a network with >3G data and you're in a strong signal environment, YouTube videos tend to not play smoothly but that is generally a Nigerian GSM problem. i know i can play YouTube videos on the glo 3.5G network with minimal buffering

another thing is that YouTube might not make a video available to you if your location is set to a country where they do not want the video shown whereas your android might be accessing the same link as if you are in a different country where the video is accessible. if a video says not available, check the country of access as shown by your device
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by temmym4(m): 4:19pm On Apr 02, 2012
jedisco:

Imagine somebody said I should buy an android phone cos androids got 500,000 apps as if he has up to 150 of those installed.
But man how u take find this post?

As if u read my mind. That is the main reason they keep giving which is very upsetting,
Am a regular customer on Nairaland most esp. Phones and pc forum bro. lol. its good seeing u around here again as well smiley
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 02, 2012
walcolm:

Nice one. and with the new set of BBs sporting up to 1.2ghz processors and 1gb ram, it gets even better BB users

u are way offpoint. those bbs wit those kind of hardware do not use them to full capacity. its pointless putting a faster processor on a bb when there are no heavy apps nor games to make it work. the only difference between a storm2 and a bold touch will only get down to camera screen OSversion. personally I see bbs overpriced.
in summary bb is just the Nigerian trend and nothing else except the bbm. I say this that "THERE IS NOTHING BLACKBERRY CAN DO THAT AN ANDROID PHONE CANNOT DO TWICE" and speaking for you to afford a phone, u can as well afford the bundle plan. I used a 1gb airtel bb plan on my s2 and at the end of the month I still had about 200mb so....
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 02, 2012
^^^ Good for you, but 1GB cannot satisfy my weekly data needs. You love your li'l green 'bot, fine! We love us some 'Berry; leave us alone willya?
_
And since I share my data with my PlayBook through BB Bridge, I need as much unlimited data as I can get!
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Lexusgs430: 8:39pm On Apr 02, 2012
SimonAndal: ^^^ Good for you, but 1GB cannot satisfy my weekly data needs. You love your li'l green 'bot, fine! We love us some 'Berry; leave us alone willya?
_
And since I share my data with my PlayBook through BB Bridge, I need as much unlimited data as I can get!

BlackBerry playbook, is the best thing that ever happened to a blackberry phone. The 2.0 software update, has brought this tablet to life!!!

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Chizzybenjamin(m): 12:30am On Apr 21, 2012
Amblors u hav said it all gona dump a newly gotten HTC HD7 4 d android version,prob Desire S.
Tks all d same
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 19, 2013
The world is strange naija IŞ̲̣̥ worst...what is this android fone self.why re pple using android begging BB users to use android fone..na by force..or U sell fones..stop tinking of buying fones go buy car or land or go open fone company...Bside boy
Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Lagusta(m): 12:05am On Jul 20, 2013
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............... I wanna ask these few questions:

1) can a blackberry make Skype calls?

2) can a blackberry do instagram??

3) can a blackberry view maps via satellite.... I mean like this?? ??

Re: Blackberry Vs Android by Deblow: 9:18am On Jul 20, 2013
I believe this thread was created out of having nothing to talk about. How on earth will anyone try comparing even the lowest android with the highest bb? They are mismatch pls! Android is being insulted when u place it for comparison with a low and poor ended device like blackberry. If u say iPhone then I might agree. Can u compare sleep with death?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Have Done It Again Oooooo / What Is The Meaning Of Call Forwarding On Conditional / Ghana Orders MTN To Stop Sim Card Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.