Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,771 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? (3011 Views)

Is It Polite For Husband To Seek Wife's Approval On This? / Will You Allow Your Husband To Bring A House Help Like This Into Your Home? / The Highest Level Of Irresponsibilty As An Adult? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by bawomolo(m): 3:38am On Apr 03, 2008
it depends on the degree, any one can get a degree in physical education, african american studies, general studies or even sociology here in the state. what matters, is how he is applying his skills.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 4:06am On Apr 03, 2008
At least get done with high school.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by omena555(f): 10:55am On Apr 03, 2008
minimum - B.sc/HND

maximum- whatever he wants
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Rlst84sale(m): 9:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
All I think a man should have is common sense and dedication in all he does. It is important though to encourage the young ones to get education. I don't bash education, but college degree is not for everyone.

Here is nairaland link that already had some postings similar to importance of college degree

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7483.32.html
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by cybersleek(m): 5:13pm On Apr 12, 2008
Chei! see naija mentality at its best! Lets look at this objectively a bit. I have noticed a lot of people outside naija like to bash everything naija, no doubt, naija is frustrating at the best of times, but to say a first class graduate from ABU couldnt pass a simple entrance exams beats me. Then to say naija universities are useless is a bit patronising, agreed the facilities are not there, but i dont think under the circumstances, that naija unis are doing too bad. As concerning degrees, read the biographies of the richest men in the world, and check out how many of them are graduates. You see, ultimately, its not about what you do that matters, but how you do it!

Us Nigerians are too enamored with the appearance rather than the substance, and to a great extent, i feel that is why despite the fact Nigeria has some of the most intelligent people in world, its one of the least developed of countries among its contemporaries. I have lived in the UK now for a couple of years, and sometimes i still wonder how that country managed to colonize 2/3 of the known world, given the number of imbecilic people i meet everyday. As per the use of computers, there are a lot of people in the Uk too who know next to nothing about computers, trust me, i know because i work in that field.

Finally, if you live outside Nigeria, be thankful to God for giving you the opportunity of seeing a different approach to doing things, instead of crucifying your motherland. There are many products of your so called useless Nigerian universities who are shining stars in their chosen field here in the UK, ditto the US, try and find them, and read about what they have to say about the foundation they got in Nigeria.

Like one of the most intelligent Nigerians i ever knew said, " My people are useless, my people are senseless, my peole are indiscipline, "( Fela 1939 -1997) , its mostly Nigerians that castigate Nigeria the most, and yet we wonder why we have no respect in the international community! I rest my case.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:18am On Apr 16, 2008
at least a bachelor degree, abeg ohhh.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by NaJaHaJe(f): 8:57pm On Apr 16, 2008
A degree is the minimum.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by bawomolo(m): 2:42pm On Apr 17, 2008
wow so demanding.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Cadet(f): 1:00am On Apr 18, 2008
stillwater:

At least get done with high school.
Lmao.
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by PrincessMo(f): 9:51pm On Apr 24, 2008
We've all been brainwashed that degrees
matter so much, in truth they don't, NOT FOR ME ANYWAY.
I don't believe that his or my level of education will
make a happy home so I don't really care.
As has been proven by many successful people today,
u don't have to have a masters degree or any degree for
that matter, to be successful in life. I jus believe that ma
man shud have a successful career, with or without a degree.
HOLLA!!
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 25, 2008
@topic

i can see people choosing high degress,make all of una pray say love no go blind una and carry una go opposite d degree u want your husband to have,i wanted a masters degree holder and ended up wt a bsc at that time(though he has gone further) but i think as long as d guy has got a future for education ,he can as well complete it during marriage
Re: What Level Of Education You Would Love Your Husband To Have? by oziomatv(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2008
almondjoy:

I am not into degrees.  America has taught me not to value such nonsense  If he likes let him speak English[b] through his nos[/b]e or be a life time plumber. . .as long as he rocks ma world. . .that is all that counts! kiss

All he needs to do is hold down "ANY" kind of job he likes and demonstrate he is disciplined enough to keep it and do it properly.  I am more interested in what kinds feeliings I get from him when he holds me not what kind of degree he has.

Who wants to be married to a man with a degree but a snake? undecided  I will definitely manage if he has the capacity to keep my heart beating with his good nature and loving tendencies always.  I will hold the degree for him! cheesy

Na degree I go chop?  Some degrees are worthless in paper not to talk of the practical world. Oh please!  That is the typical Nigerian mentality. . .degree in African Philosophy from Malaysia!  Rubbish!
            A hit point from an intelligent brain. If we can find another logical thinking lady like you there will be less dumbs among the women.

THESE LITTLE CHAPS DON'T KNOW THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Way Should He Go? / ... / New BABY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.