Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,802 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen (4336 Views)

Boko Haram Claims Responsibility For Kano Bomb Blast, Share Pic Of The Bomber / Militant Group Claims Responsibility For Delta Pipeline Explosion- PUNCH / MEND Claims Responsibility For Warri Refinery Fire Outbreak (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 10:13am On Mar 02, 2012
©Canary! ‏ @ogundamisi
Breaking News: MEND claims responsibility for the Attack on Marine Police Checkpoint in Bayelsa State & Killing of 4 Nigerian Policemen

source: @ogundamisi

YENAGOA, Nigeria (Reuters) - A Nigerian militant group based in the oil-producing Niger Delta claimed an attack on a police checkpoint that killed four people on Thursday, its second such claim after it said it blew up an oil pipeline last month.

"The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) confirms that the attack on a Nigerian marine police checkpoint on Thursday March 1, 2012, in Bayelsa state in the Niger Delta , was carried out by our fighters," the statement from Jomo Gbomo, a spokesman for one of MEND's factions, said.

He also said they were in contact with the group which had kidnapped two people in a pirate attack on a Dutch vessel on Tuesday and were considering taking them in.

http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-mend-militants-claim-niger-delta-attack-095937697.html
http://www.energydigger.com/articles/2012-03-02/nigeria-mend-militants-claim-niger-delta-attack.aspx?utm_source=feeds.energydigger.com&utm_medium=RSS
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by reindeer: 12:15pm On Mar 02, 2012
I cant wait for GEJ to come out and say ''No! It can't be MEND''
''I know my people, just like i absolved them after the oct 1 blasts, i hereby pronounce them innocent of this one too, they know no what they talk about!''
grin grin
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by eriboi(m): 12:19pm On Mar 02, 2012
MEND again! I Wonder wat they really want.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by delegiwa(m): 12:37pm On Mar 02, 2012
reindeer:

I cant wait for GEJ to come out and say ''No! It can't be MEND''
''I know my people, just like i absolved them after the oct 1 blasts, i hereby pronounce them innocent of this one too, they know no what they talk about!''
grin grin
But he was right when he said it wasn't MEND! We all know it was BH that did it!
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Kilode1: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
Is this militant MEND or Political MEND ?
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by juman(m): 12:57pm On Mar 02, 2012
Kata Kata don happen.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by seenoevil1: 1:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
delegiwa:

But he was right when he said it wasn't MEND! We all know it was BH that did it!

You dey mind all these f00ls here on Nairaland . Wen boko haram dey cause wahala kill innocent people nobody see that one but anything from MEND then these dirty b.astards would start creating stu.pid topics here on NL.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Abujabir24: 1:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
Let your Godforsaken president come out and say it aint them now. Now mend have started their own again. What do they want?
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by seenoevil1: 1:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
Abujabir24:

Let your Godforsaken president come out and say it aint them now. Now mend have started their own again. What do they want?

Muhammed knack you Apako for dia . Oduduwa fire you thunder and your fellow rag head terrorist aboki's in this country . Una think sey dem dey go school go learn violence abi ? Abi you think sey na only BK fit to dey show themselves . Thunda fire u dia . where were you when BK dey kill innocent people . This Military people are even terrorists / uniform boko haram , i have heard a lot about what they do . No tears here  sad
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by 4tune1(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
Again! Upon all the billions gov. is spending on them. SMH.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Spiritmask: 1:19pm On Mar 02, 2012
/
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by sirjec(m): 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2012
eriboi:

They want their Nation or Resource Control or are you not in Nigeria? Don't you hear about their agitations.
Boko Haram: Want western education abolished
Mend: Want Resouorce control or their Nation
Massob: Want their Nation
Massop: Want their Kingdom
OPC: Want their state iff Biafra is actualized (LOL)
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nelton(m): 1:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
Everybody that does anything now MEND will claim responsibility. These killings were done by sea pirates. They have been terrorising Bayelsa for past months.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by lafuria1(m): 1:34pm On Mar 02, 2012
They are talking about MEND , others want bring boko haram into d matter. The president made a big mistakes on oct 1st by exonarating MEND after they claim responsibilty becos by doing so he lost d moral courage to tackle BH. It obvious if u can't tackle crimminals from ur region who just killed 8 security agents, hw do u plan to tackle terrorist from other region?
If GEJ had dealt with MENd (oct 1st) or whoever he believed was behind d attacks, boko haram would have been a small issue.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by babaowo: 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
o ya now! Make everybody occupy their resources!!! I don dey occupy my wom@n here! He!he!
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 02, 2012
eriboi:

All of them from ibori,Alams,edwin clakr,Asari etc are nothing but thievies who hide under various selfish agiation to cause havoc.Most of their demands have been met by the government including producing a president ahead of a majority ibo population,so what exactly do they want ? Safe for the oil gushing from their land which made the government to dance to their tune,how are these useless hoodlums different from boko harams ?
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nelton(m): 1:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
These are not militants, these are sea pirates. MEND is just trying to cliam glory for what they didn't do.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by sirjec(m): 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

All of them from ibori,Alams,edwin clakr,Asari etc are nothing but thievies who hide under various selfish agiation to cause havoc.Most of their demands have been met by the government including producing a president ahead of a majority ibo population,so what exactly do they want ? Safe for the oil gushing from their land which made the government to dance to their tune,how are these useless hoodlums different from boko harams ?

Very different. They want to control their resources. The North have used politics to create states to even goats and cows so as to get allocations(Every family in the north is a Local government.) of monies from Niger Delta while the Niger Delta cannot get Ijaw State, Uhrobo State, Itsekiri State, Aba State, Okigwe State, Anioma State etc . They Need their nation and if you are not stealing their resources, allow them to go.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Parnassuss(m): 2:30pm On Mar 02, 2012
This is not GEJ's problem. This is Nigeria's problem, these Militants (BH, BK and all other BS) have got to go. We need to step up to these mofos and handle our biz. I'm tired of them running wild on the citizenry and thinking that it's acceptable. If the govt won't protect us let us protect ourselves.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 2:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
These all shows that Nigeria has no future.

Attacks and counters will continue until the second civil war starts. My joy is: this time it won't be the "rest of the best Nigerians" against the "evil Yamiri". The bombs wont selected, Enugu, Aba, Umuahia, Asaba, Owerri, etc This time, it reach Abuja, Kano, Sokoto, Lagos, Yenegoa, Port Harcourt, etc.

Yet, we can all save our future generation the pains of war by having a National Conference now.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by muyoto: 2:44pm On Mar 02, 2012
some groups of people are clearly playing dirty games here.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2012
sirjec:

Very different. They want to control their resources. The North have used politics to create states to even goats and cows so as to get allocations(Every family in the north is a Local government.) of monies from Niger Delta while the Niger Delta cannot get Ijaw State, Uhrobo State, Itsekiri State, Aba State, Okigwe State, Anioma State etc . They Need their nation and if you are not stealing their resources, allow them to go.

So killing people under the guise of resource control is jusifiable ? Huh ?
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 02, 2012
I doubt if sea pirates can suddenly open fire on total of 8 policemen without any just cause. This could either be a political MEND or the real MEND!
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by seenoevil1: 3:24pm On Mar 02, 2012
~Bluetooth:

So killing people under the guise of resource control is jusifiable ? Huh ?

But when OPC refused to give that etisalat worker his change for the bridge fare and eventually killed him you didn't complain right ? Useless hypocrites.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 5:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
sirjec:

They want their Nation or Resource Control or are you not in Nigeria? Don't you hear about their agitations.
Boko Haram: Want western education abolished
Mend: Want Resouorce control or their Nation
Massob: Want their Nation
Massop: Want their Kingdom
OPC: Want their state iff Biafra is actualized (LOL)

@ the bolded , are you saying that Yaribas are confused and will still remain Aboki slaves
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by Nobody: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
see*noevil:

But when OPC refused to give that etisalat worker his change for the bridge fare and eventually killed him you didn't complain right ? Useless hypocrites.

Meaning what ? That mend killing security personnel is justified ?
kayci_d77:

@ the bolded , are you saying that Yaribas are confused and will still remain Aboki slaves
kayci_d77:

Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by sirjec(m): 5:39pm On Mar 02, 2012
What was Lt Col. Doing inside see? Is he a bunkerer or our navy is no longer capable to guard our see?
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by dayokanu(m): 6:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
Oya Retardeen come out with your usual m0r0nic press statement exonerating MEND
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by reindeer: 12:19am On Mar 03, 2012
dayokanu:

Oya Retardeen come out with your usual m0r0nic press statement exonerating MEND

Oh i'm sure we wont have to wait too long before they start tumbling out of his incontinent orifices.
''It is not MEND, i know my people''
grin grin grin
It is unMENDED, or better still it is 'MAND'
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by aurenflani: 7:19am On Mar 03, 2012
gej won't come out to make such a statement when d fear of a military C is already causing uneasy up there. remember dis happenned where d big shorts have their eyes fixed.
Re: Breaking News: Mend Claims Responsibility For The Attacked That Killed 4 Nigerian Marine Policemen by nagoma(m): 11:24pm On Mar 03, 2012
the MEND Terrorists have resumed their terror attacks. The president should just announce the division of this country. That will be his place in history. ( so far he has nothing for the history books, nothing but ineffectiveness and cluelessness) let him supervise the division of this country Jare - north for NORTHERNERS and south for SOUTHERNERS .

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Government Sells Kerosene @ N50 / Bakassi Natives Sue Nigeria Over Cession To Cameroon / Fuel Scarcity May Continue In 2013 - NNPC Official

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.