Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,391 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only (14659 Views)

Farmers Seek New Credit Policy For Agriculture / Youth, Agriculture And Rural Settings / Agriculture Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Seun(m): 11:26am On Mar 02, 2012
In a new policy thrust, the federal government said today that National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) postings will now be in the sectors of Rural Health, Primary and Secondary Education; Rural Infrastructural Development; and Agricultural Development.

The information is contained in a circular by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Senator Anyim Pius Anyim, to top government functionaries in the three arms, Ministers, Permanent Secretaries and Heads of Extra-Ministerial Departments and Statutory Agencies, said a statement from the office of the Minister of Information signed by Henry A. Angulu.

He said the objective is to restore national integration and youth empowerment as the core objectives of the NYSC Scheme, a policy which has been distorted and abused, thus defeating the purpose of facilitating national integration and economic transformation as well as the development of participating corps members.

“The new policy is set to discourage highly placed government officials and influential members of the society from seeking for concessionary posting for prospective corps members specifically to metropolitan cities like Abuja, Lagos and others, contrary to the spirit of the NYSC Scheme,” the statement said.

It noted that the resulting inequitable posting has led to disproportionate distribution of corps members “leading to management dysfunction such as over-crowding at NYSC Camps in high demand States, under utilization and rejection of corps members.”
Source
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by abubaka(m): 11:34am On Mar 02, 2012
STORIES!!!!

Same policy is what the then NYSC director,Gen.Oki said in the year 2002,that all corpers should be posted to schools and b4 we kno anything,we saw many of the corpers posted to banks,NNPC and so on,

2 Likes

Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by yinchar(m): 11:35am On Mar 02, 2012
Instead of stopping the posting of Corps members to volatile northern regions, they know the right thing but the wouldnt do it, Nigeria i hail thee,
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Iolo(m): 11:42am On Mar 02, 2012
@yinchar,

I think they said they won't post to kano, borno, yobe and bauchi or so.

Good development but what's the layman explanation of this posting policy. Will corpers be made to farm or what? Cause I don't see any large scale agricultural firms or even govt initiatives right nw.

1 Like

Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by beylinko(m): 11:44am On Mar 02, 2012
same story no changes. Make una dey there dey talk. The fear of boko haramite n bomb nko! Lasgidi straight.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Sugardiva(f): 11:51am On Mar 02, 2012
Abegi! Make i hear word jare. The same peeps implementing dis policies will work their kids service to abuja and straight to big offices like NNPC. As for me i work my service to abj straight. No time.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Nobody: 11:52am On Mar 02, 2012
well, we can only hope they keep to their words in the spirit of fairness. I remember the slogan in my camp at ogun state in 2007  'all corpers are equal but some corpers are more equal than others'.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by sandysprax(m): 11:56am On Mar 02, 2012
@Sugardiva i must confess, ur beauty is devine.If that is ur picture.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Nobody: 12:03pm On Mar 02, 2012
sandysprax:

emmm, are u stalking sugardiva? :/
maybe you should write her a love poem on the romance section.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by spartanian(m): 12:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
na yeye talk
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 02, 2012
Mtchewwww

Na today?

Na today nyash dey back?

We've heard dat before, tell us sth new.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Sugardiva(f): 12:32pm On Mar 02, 2012
sandysprax:

Gracias. smiley

saxywale:

Ha ha ha. Maybe u want to? Write the poem i mean.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by luvola(m): 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2012
i cant just imagine myself serving in this deathzone north
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by juman(m): 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2012
In a new policy thrust, the federal government said today that National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) postings will now be in the sectors of Rural Health, Primary and Secondary Education; Rural Infrastructural Development; and Agricultural Development.

Stories grin

Hope the government know the meaning. grin

Because I know that the Coppers that would be posted to these two area; "Rural Infrastructural Development; and Agricultural Development"  in the states will eventually do nothing for the whole year. grin
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Coefficient(m): 1:16pm On Mar 02, 2012
For those of u dreaming of coming to abuja 4 service, prepare urself 4 d worst lest u get a shocker
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Sugardiva(f): 1:18pm On Mar 02, 2012
Coefficient:

For those of u dreaming of coming to abuja 4 service, prepare urself 4 d worst lest u get a shocker

Word!
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by aglomar: 1:21pm On Mar 02, 2012
Good. Companies n banks wl employ staffs ratha than use a regular stream of underpaid corpers who are never retaind.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by mycoolsteve: 1:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
nice
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by MyVicky: 1:25pm On Mar 02, 2012
Please, will the SGF allow that his child be posted to Gombe or Zamfara let alone a remote village in Borno state? The poor usually suffers from any policy these insincere people formulate. Imagine a graduate of accountancy/law serving in a remote village, working with rural susbsistent farmers, wasting a complete year in the name of serving his/her father land? While the well connected graduate of Agricultural science and extension finds his way to an oil multinational or a conglomerate! These people are only out to make policies strategically directed not at themselves but at the masses and those without God fathers.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Connoisseur(m): 1:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
Walk the talk And make sure it applies to all
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by joasman007(m): 1:43pm On Mar 02, 2012
story!
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by drmax(m): 2:01pm On Mar 02, 2012
Good, i support this policy. If well implemented would impact positively on our national development. Let us use NYSC to ensure adequate food production especially rice, tackle shortage of teachers in our rural areas and to improve rural infrastructures. However corpers should not be posted to areas where government cannot quarantee their safety especially the boko haram infested northern Nigeria. This is the time to encourage mechanised agriculture and this involves alot of initial preparations that need to be in place before implementing this policy.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by sandysprax(m): 2:04pm On Mar 02, 2012
saxywale:

With a beauty like that, i would do much more than write her a poem, i would write her a ballad.

@Sugardiva, Please grant me the pleasure of making ur acquaintance.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by muyoto: 2:36pm On Mar 02, 2012
This rule applies, of course, only to those without the required contact in ''high places''. (as it is with most Nigerian rules)
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by oladayo042: 3:00pm On Mar 02, 2012
Na today? Shior!
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by iykay4455(m): 4:54pm On Mar 02, 2012
Pray they don't post u to one very remote village.The whole exercise should be scrapped unless corpers can be guaranteed of jobs after their service
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by samyng(m): 4:55pm On Mar 02, 2012
Well this will not be easy for so many graduates if implemented
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by primeson1(m): 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2012
@sugardiva,
indeed u r a beauty.
Check my profile on hw we can hook up.
Yippy
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by primeson1(m): 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2012
@sugardiva
better still search for me on facebook wit primeson1 at yahoo dot com
takie.
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by Marchman: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2012
Are we so pessimistic that we can't even give the government benefit of the doubt? Must we criticise every policy of Govt? Can we truly say we are happy with the state of the NYSC now?

I think policy is well thought out and it is good for the country and corps members. The essence of the NYSC is service, it is not an internship, scheme, or time for people to waste their time. This reform provides real opportunity for corps members to really serve the Fatherland.
From what I gather too they will also benefit from professional trainings.

For me, my service some years ago was just a waste of time. No focus. No job experience. Nothing. Now corps members can really serve.

Come to think of it, Nigerians serve in rural areas and do all sorts of community jobs in foreign countries as part of the technical aides corps. if we can do it abroad, Why cant we do it here?
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by silibaba: 6:57pm On Mar 02, 2012
will this add up tongue tongue
Re: New NYSC Posting Policy: Rural, Education, Agriculture Only by bright007(f): 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2012
Na wash!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dwarf hybrid pawpaw Seed & Seedling Is Available. / Commercial Plantain Farming Master In Nigeria;Secret Art For Wealth Creation(pix / Sale Of Poultry Equipment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.