Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Letter To The Past. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Letter To The Past. (1069 Views)

Some Struggles From The Past Kids Today Will Never Understand / Blast From The Past... / I Love Ramsey Noah Junior,for The Past 5 Years Now What Can I Do To Let Him Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Past. by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 03, 2012
If you could send a letter back to the past in which you could offer advice to a 15 year old you, what would you write in the letter?
Anything advisory that your years of experience have taught you. The letter is just for fun though, I know we can't change the past.
If I was to write such a letter, I would tell my 15 year old self the following:

Dear 15year old fellis,

1. Select your friends more carefully.

2. Please go out and live your life more, your youth is a rather short phase.

3. Show your mama more appreciation.

4. Don't be so cynical about love, try to experience it before you completely destroy your abilities to do so with your habit of analysing everything.

5. Please lower your expectations, stop having ridiculous dreams and hopes. Life is harder than you think

6. Procrastinate less, you will get into big trouble when you're older for unnecessarily post-poning work.

7. Read that novel, 'Ariel', while you can because you will grow up wondering what it was about and searching page after page on the internet for it.

8. Chris will ask you out. For the love of peace, do what you know is right and don't be a shy idi[i]o[/i]t.

embarassed

Sincerely yours,
Future fellis.

Re: Letter To The Past. by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2012
So what words of advice would you give your younger self?

I'll probably come back to write more to younger me depending on how well this thread goes.
Re: Letter To The Past. by tiebe: 1:33pm On Mar 04, 2012
Lol! i've always wondered bout something like this. . . interesting post nd i love the part where u said
fellis:

2. Please go out and live your life more, your youth is a rather short phase.

8. Chris will ask you out. For the love of peace, do what you know is right and don't be a shy idi[i]o[/i]t.

embarassed

Sincerely yours,
Future fellis.

Well, there are sooooo many things i'd tell my 15 yr old self, some too private to be said here. . .  wink
but i'd say things like:

1. all the yab people de yab you now say e get as ur body b, just ignore. . . its part of the awkwardness of growing up. . . soon, d star in you will eventually come out and half of what they say, is a reflection of what they feel bout you.

2. Learn all the languages you can now o. . . and any other soft skills you can learn (playing a musical instrument, painting) cos they will come in handy and serve as a proper hobby later!

3. Always trust your instincts. if you feel something is onekind, it usually turns out to be as you thought!

4. Get to know ur dad a bit more . . . he's been through things that you havent!

5. and very important, no sex b4 marriage! yup, you dont need it. . . doesnt add anything to ur relationships. but i know u're probably not going to listen to me, but then I just have t' tell u.

Stay the way you are and never change because of anyone or anything! and according to a very special friend that I know now, LIFE NA PER HEAD!

Love Always,
you @ 28
Re: Letter To The Past. by Cyberfreak(f): 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
Z
Re: Letter To The Past. by tiebe: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
Cyberfreak:

Lol
Anyway, here's more:
Dear past me,
1. Be more money concious, you have cash in hand does not mean spend it at once.
2. Develop your cooking skills, do that now while you are at home and can make mistakes.
3. Reduce the time you spend on the internet. This is crucial, because the future you turned out to be an internet addict due to your excessive browsing.
4. See if you can buy Facebook. Seriously, try to find out if you can buy facebook from the owner.
Lovingly yours.
nice one. but at what point would you have known that facebook was such a good investment? you never coulda known. . .
Re: Letter To The Past. by Metalgoong(m): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2012
Cyberfreak:

Lol
Anyway, here's more:
Dear past me,
1. Be more money concious, you have cash in hand does not mean spend it at once.
2. Develop your cooking skills, do that now while you are at home and can make mistakes.
3. Reduce the time you spend on the internet. This is crucial, because the future you turned out to be an internet addict due to your excessive browsing.
4. See if you can buy Facebook. Seriously, try to find out if you can buy facebook from the owner.
Lovingly yours.

All 15 yr old ladies should take note of the highlighted line grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Letter To The Past. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2012
Wow. My thread no even last. Why them move am come this dead section na?
ti-ebe:

interesting post nd i love the part where u said

Yup, I was very infatuated abi na had a crush, on one guy called Chris. Everything did'nt end so badly sha.
And about my youth, it's now that I am getting older that I truly understand how precious it is. *cry*
I think CF had the right idea, I mean the thread is for advice you give your younger self based on the knowledge your older self has.
@Metalgong,
hmm.
Whatever man.
Re: Letter To The Past. by isalegan2: 5:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Some Facts About Tigers / Your Thoughts On Nairaland Dislike Button / MYTO - Fixed Monthly Charge Of N750

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.