Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,862 members, 7,817,544 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? (2026 Views)

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? / Pregnant During Wedding Or Baby Before Wedding / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 8:19pm On Mar 04, 2012
Each time we have a chat about the preferred sex of our baby to be my wife is always first to jump up and say "though i need a baby Girl but will prefer to have a boy because of the respect they command in the society.

I always remain unbiased but i have seen and read a lot about what some prefer to be the mega anticipated sex of their baby. does being a girl or lady make her unpopular or likely to fail later in life?.

I'm of the take that either girl or boy proper upbringing is the underlying factor to concentrate on.

Lets have more view on this topic please.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by MissIfe(f): 10:09pm On Mar 04, 2012
Though I would have been happy with a boy too, I was really glad my first child was a girl. For many personal reasons :
- nowadays, a girl can achieve about as much as a man, in terms of career, independence etc.
- having mainly women/girls around me, I figured it would be easier for me to raise a girl, since I can understand her, and that she'll also be a help when she grows up
- and on top of everything else, I could only imagine myself having "girls time" with my daughter : spending time doing her hair, watching princess cartoons, playing with her dolls, teaching her how to cook and so on. I really anticipated a perfect mother/daughter relationship and til date I have not been disappointed smiley
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by violent(m): 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2012
smh!

so people still talk about the preferred sex of a child?  what if it wasn't the preferred sex you ended up with, would you wrap him/her up with your hampers during Christmas?

what kind of opinion is this ?  undecided

does being a girl or lady make her unpopular or likely to fail later in life?.

where exactly do you draw a line on failure?  someone who has not attended school? someone who has been through uni but can't get a good job? someone who can't find a good wife/husband?
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 10:27pm On Mar 04, 2012
Miss_Ife:

Though I would have been happy with a boy too, I was really glad my first child was a girl. For many personal reasons :
- nowadays, a girl can achieve about as much as a man, in terms of career, independence etc.
- having mainly women/girls around me, I figured it would be easier for me to raise a girl, since I can understand her, and that she'll also be a help when she grows up
- and on top of everything else, I could only imagine myself having "girls time" with my daughter : spending time doing her hair, watching princess cartoons, playing with her dolls, teaching her how to cook and so on. I really anticipated a perfect mother/daughter relationship and til date I have not been disappointed smiley

Na wa o, but if it is to be a Son to mother affair won't you be able to draw a parallel with you playing football with him? grin grin grin

Nice contribution I must say.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Outstrip(f): 11:27pm On Mar 04, 2012
Why does it even matter. Take whatever you get and thank God that it is healthy
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by MissIfe(f): 7:13am On Mar 05, 2012
Idera_olu:

Na wa o, but if it is to be a Son to mother affair won't you be able to draw a parallel with you playing football with him? grin grin grin

Nice contribution I must say.

Sure, I would love to have a boy too, but having no brothers I guess it was easier for me to imagine having a girl than a boy at first, it was not totally unknown wink
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by jmoore(m): 8:10am On Mar 05, 2012
I want both of them
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 9:07am On Mar 05, 2012
Boy or Girl, They are more valuable than Gold. I will thank God for the fruit of life.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by ifyalways(f): 11:51am On Mar 05, 2012
As long as s/he is healthy what gives?
For very silly reasons,I prefer an all boys affair though.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 12:22pm On Mar 05, 2012
ifyalways:

As long as s/he is healthy what gives?
For very silly reasons,I prefer an all boys affair though.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by mission08: 1:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
Both. A set of twin- a boy and a girl, then case closed
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 3:58pm On Mar 07, 2012
mission08:

Both. A set of twin- a boy and a girl, then case closed

'm loving it. grin grin grin grin
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by ronkebp(f): 5:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
I HAVE A BOY NOW, I WANT A GIRL NEXT, ONLY BECAUSE I WANT TO BE DRESSING HER UP, (HAIR, CUTE SHOES, LOVELY DRESSES) you need to see how i dress my boy up!!! and it's as if i am over stressing the ''little man'', i love kids to always look all dressed, nice and neat, am so obssessed with it.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 8:21am On Mar 08, 2012
ronkebp:

I HAVE A BOY NOW, I WANT A GIRL NEXT, ONLY BECAUSE I WANT TO BE DRESSING HER UP, (HAIR, CUTE SHOES, LOVELY DRESSES) you need to see how i dress my boy up!!! and it's as if i am over stressing the ''little man'', i love kids to always look all dressed, nice and neat, am so obssessed with it.

Looking good is a good business, your bunch of joy will not fade away.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by VirtuousWoman: 11:36am On Mar 12, 2012
I have 2 beautiful girls, and I AM HAPPY.
I still wish, though that the 2nd one is a boy, i for done close shop.
But i will try again (just for hubby's sake), and by God's grace, make he be boy then there will be no accidental discharge, shi ke na //qed.

With God's hand on your child, there will be no limitation or regrets wether na boy or girl.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by othenok(f): 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2012
bc of d slight delay i had i was glad i had a son 1st at least make pressure ease off from my in-laws. But dis my 2nd baby am prayin its gonna b a gurl. Can't wait 2 ve someone 2 dress up. A mini me!
But any how i go still dey grateful
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Mar 12, 2012
Boyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by armyofone(m): 9:29pm On Mar 12, 2012
@ ifyalways,
me too, I like all boys that's my prayer grin

ify, how naw?
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by kleenmum(f): 12:58pm On Mar 13, 2012
Boy or girl it does not matter as long as they r healthy, me thinks its ur parenting style dt matters I ave 3boys nd we r so close. What about those dt Ave non abeg thk God for whichever u ave nd make d best out of them.
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by anz0002: 11:28am On Mar 14, 2012
Be it a boy or a girl it does not matter much today. If there are successful men like Bill Gates, Brad Pitt in the society then in the same way women like Hilary Clinton, Sonia Gandhi dominate the same society. Therefore one should never do biasing based on sex. Proper upbringing should be the main concern.

Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 3:50pm On Mar 15, 2012
Exciting contributions so far.
grin grin grin
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by shushu(f): 6:15pm On Mar 15, 2012
boys are easier to roll around and play with, girls too much maintenance as they grow up
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Ideraolu: 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2012
shushu: boys are easier to roll around and play with, girls too much maintenance as they grow up

Haba!

When both boys and girls hit top nutch in life you won't even remember the maintenance cost. grin grin grin
Re: Baby Boy Or Baby Girl? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Mar 16, 2012
A healthy and live birth is the most important.

Personaly I would have loved to have triplets; I dont even mind the sex grin

(1) (Reply)

D'banj Presents CRV Car To His Sister As Wedding Gift (pics) / Re: Ejection Of Late Rev. Sammoses Enenche's Widow: The Family Response / Man gives his wife the silent treatment goes for 20years without speaking to her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.