Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books (8290 Views)

Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Why Are Churches In Nigeria Always Casting Out Demons From Their Members / Quote Me, Pastors Use Juju To Hold Their Members! --- Guru Maharaj Ji’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Shalomdee(f): 8:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
May God forgive you who insult God's Son indirectly or directly. Please be careful with the words you type because God won't take it lightly if you insult His annointed ones (priests) or His own Son. Be wise.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by OmoPastor(m): 8:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ grey beard
So going by your reasoning, the only way I can justify critising some wrong that the governor of my state is doing is to become the governor?
how many governors or senators have listened to your sucking criticisms dude? your talk has no effect whatsoever! can't you see? are you so blind not to even notice that you do not count when it comes to making reasonable contributions to life until you change? how can you be heard when all you do is sit on your butt and point accusing fingers at busy people who are making meaningful contributions to life? you are now a professional critic? what a frustrated life you have chosen to live!

Is it my fault your father did not train you well?
its very glaring who is the wild animal here. how easy it is for the "trained" guy to make such statements about a father you never knew, wonder what you say to your dad at home (if you ever had one sha!).

My advise to you is to keep quiet so people will think you might have sense rather than opening your mouth and confirming that you don't.
i think its nice you advising yourself  grin grin grin
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Joagbaje(m): 10:23pm On Mar 05, 2012
If a pastor make people buy books ,he has done a good job. It's for their good to study.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by GreyBeard: 11:08pm On Mar 05, 2012
Joagbaje:

If a pastor make people buy books ,he has done a good job. It's for their good to study.

No pastor should make a person buy their books.

Yes, encouraging reading is good, but using worldly tactics to sell your books to your congregation on a regular basis is wrong. If it isn't then show me where the Bible says it is right.

elsirich:

@poster, u just open ur mouth and u start vomitting rubbish. If u don't have anything to say can't you just read other posts and get out the the blog or the the people buying it with ur money or complaining to you?
Honestly u just acted like a low life, God forsaken, frustrated and if am not mistaken cursed individual , who can not see beyond the point where u are presently.
Learn to keep quiet if u don't have anything reasonable to say.

And this is you leading by example is it? So tell us elsirich, what is reasonable about anything you've just said??   grin
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by GreyBeard: 11:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
@omopastor
Can you prove me wrong?? If you can then that is what this thread is for. I would love for you to explain to me how the 'Book Review' really works at CE. I challenge you to step up and do so.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by crossman9(m): 4:00am On Mar 06, 2012
- The pastor directs the members to the "bookshop" where enough copies of "A New Walk With God" have been stocked in anticipation of the upcoming sales.

- After the service, the pastor informs the heads of the cell groups that all individual cell meetings for the next two weeks will be based on specific chapters from the book. This guarantees that all cell group heads purchase a copy of the book.

- During the week, the cell group heads pass on the message to their members and "strongly encourage them" to buy the book so that they can contribute during the cell meetings.

- At the next church service, the pastor will openly ask the congregation to indicate by a show of hands who has a copy of "A New Walk With God" in their possession. Those who have bought the book happily wave their copies in the air and those who have not are publically shamed into buying their own copy at their earliest opportunity. Again, the thing to remember here is that this is happening in all the church branches - at the same time.

- As promised, the church services and cell meetings focus on chapters in the book and those who do not yet have a copy feel more and more compelled into taking a trip to the church bookshop where copies of "A New Walk With God" are steadily stocked up. This continues for two weeks until the "Book Review" comes to an end and just like that "A New Walk with God" may have sold over 100,000 copies world-wide - in just two weeks!

- Some churches (including the one with Embassies for Christ) can organise "Book Reviews" up to 7 or 8 times a year. Nice!

THIS IS WHAT MANY CHURCHS DO LIKE CHRIST EMBASSY

THIS IS PERFECT POST

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by OmoPastor(m): 8:26am On Mar 06, 2012
@ grey beard
Can you prove me wrong?? If you can then that is what this thread is for. I would love for you to explain to me how the 'Book Review' really works at CE. I challenge you to step up and do so.

now lets go by what you originally posted before you derailed:

There are many methods MOGs use to [b]coerce [/b]their members into purchasing their material and it is very important that they do so.
how do yu explain the bolded? you mean they literally bundle me to the tape stand and forcefully empty my pockets just to buy their book? or they cajole me to buying the material even when am not interested? what do you mean by coerce?

This is because in the majority of Pentecostal Churches, the proceeds from the sale of books and dvds goes directly to the authors - that is the MOG who wrote it.
show me your proof. were you ever given the responsibility of collating the proceeds from a book written by one MOG? did any MOG tell you in confidence that all the money from his/her books belong to him/her? show us your proof!

The church does not see a penny of that money
did any church come complaining to you about this? were you employed to fight for a church in getting some money from books written by one MOG? all your points are just nonsence and baseless.

unless the author decides to donate a portion of it to the church.
did any author seek you consent or permission maybe advise to do this? so how did you know? rubbish 

Now I would like to talk about one very effective devise used to get members to regularly purchase books that is used by some Pentecostal churches including one that claims to have Embassys for Christ in different cities in Nigeria and other countries.
please try to be definite next time.

dude, you are very carnal from your post. what you see is the money which you have no clue about how its being spent but you fail to see what you should see. i feel very sorry for you cos you have been totally deluded by the devil's many whispers to your mind. you need to clear your mind with the word of God and start listening to the Holy Spirit instead of the devil.
whatever you try proving here will not and ca not change anything, you will only turn yourself into a clinging cymbal, making so much noise but not making any impact. i believe you can still change and retrace your steps, you are gradually becoming an enemy of the gospel under the pretense that you are a critic (taking upon yourself what God has not called you to be!). you must be very careful dude, you are missing it totally.
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Joagbaje(m): 8:31am On Mar 06, 2012
Grey Beard:

No pastor should make a person buy their books.

If its good for them why not? Parents do make children eat.

Yes, encouraging reading is good, but using worldly tactics to sell your books to your congregation on a regular basis is wrong. If it isn't then show me where the Bible says it is right.

It's carnal mind that sees it like manipulation. Every man who God has given insight has responsibility to make men have it. That's part of the call. But a carnal minded man sees it as business.

Paul had revelations into truth and he ensured he made the church in his time read them. That is sense of responsibility.

Colossians 4:16
And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Ephesians 3:4
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by GreyBeard: 1:32pm On Mar 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

It's carnal mind that sees it like manipulation. Every man who God has given insight has responsibility to make men have it. That's part of the call. But a carnal minded man sees it as business.

Paul had revelations into truth and he ensured he made the church in his time read them. That is sense of responsibility.

Colossians 4:16
And when this epistle is read among you, cause that it be read also in the church of the Laodiceans; and that ye likewise read the epistle from Laodicea.

Ephesians 3:4
4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)

Joagbaje, so you are not denying that it happens then? Good!  grin

@omopastor
I challenged you to prove me wrong on these points and you have been unable to. Just like your pastor joagbaje you too in your lengthy string  of verbal abuses cannot actually deny that this really happens can you? grin grin

We know what you are on this forum. I know your game. You are what we call a religious thug. Your strategy is simply to attack, abuse and basically try and intimidate ANYONE who speaks the truth about this farce called the prosperity gospel. But when it comes down to it, you don't have any substance at all. At least Joagbaje has the integrity to back up his opinions with biblical verses. Your own is just to abuse, abuse, abuse.

OmoPastor! Grow Up!
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by dare2think: 2:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
Nigerians deserve to be scammed!

I hope these charlatans continue to be successful, I hope they continue to afford their families the best money can provide. I hope they continue to live their lives to the fullest. I hope they continue to be worshipped and have their egos massaged by more foolish people.

I hope they continue to flaunt their wealth in front of their mugs whilst the same mugs continue to shout 'hallelujah', I hope they live long and continue to hold the brains of their mugs in their hands!

I hope that by the time our 'mugs' realise their folly it will be too late for them!

These mugs deserve it!
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by PastorKun(m): 3:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Joagbaje
Can you briefly tell us how much Paul charged for the letters he wrote to the gentile churches?

1 Like

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
dare2think:

Nigerians deserve to be scammed!

I hope these charlatans continue to be successful, I hope they continue to afford their families the best money can provide. I hope they continue to live their lives to the fullest. I hope they continue to be worshipped and have their egos massaged by more foolish people.

I hope they continue to flaunt their wealth in front of their mugs whilst the same mugs continue to shout 'hallelujah', I hope they live long and continue to hold the brains of their mugs in their hands!

I hope that by the time our 'mugs' realise their folly it will be too late for them!

These mugs deserve it!

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
Pastor Kun:

@Joagbaje
Can you briefly tell us how much Paul charged for the letters he wrote to the gentile churches?

Dont expect a response.

Joagbaje:

apples to oranges. It is 100% to the benefit of the child that he/she is forced to eat.
However what is the benefit of forcing the laity to buy meaningless books at exhorbitant prices? Do they understand the psuedo-psychology masquerading as "spiritual" truths in the book? why is the pastor ALONE reaping the pecuniary benefits of this?

do parents get paid for forcing their child to eat?
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Azibalua(f): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
davidylan:

apples to oranges. It is 100% to the benefit of the child that he/she is forced to eat.
However what is the benefit of forcing the laity to buy meaningless books at exhorbitant prices? Do they understand the psuedo-psychology masquerading as "spiritual" truths in the book? why is the pastor ALONE reaping the pecuniary benefits of this?

Proverbs 22:6
6 Point your kids in the right direction--
when they're old they won't be lost.

shocked
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2012
Azibalua:

Proverbs 22:6
6 Point your kids in the right direction--
when they're old they won't be lost.

shocked

We already have the bible. Perhaps your pastors shld concentrate on pointing us there than hawking the latest "6 laws to . . . "

1 Like

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Azibalua(f): 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
davidylan:

We already have the bible. Perhaps your pastors shld concentrate on pointing us there than hawking the latest "6 laws to . . . "

Jeremiah 3:15
15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

smiley smiley
Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
Azibalua:

Jeremiah 3:15
15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

smiley smiley

Jer 15:16 Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.

Jeremiah didnt write any special books to feed the jews with. Nothing but the torah.

1 Like

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by crossman9(m): 9:49am On May 01, 2012
THIS IS WHAT CHRIST EMBASSY DOES THEY TELL YOU TO BUY THE LEATEST BOOKS WITH GUILT TRIPS?
AND ON TOP TELL YOU TO GIVE FIRST FRUITS AND EXTRA OFFERING THEN TELL YOU THE COMMANDMENTS ARE DONE AWAY WITH AND MASTURBATION IS NOT A SIN AND TATOOS ARE NOT SPOKEN OF IN THE BIBLE WHEN THEY ARE?

Re: How Churches Make Their Members Buy Their Books by vooks: 10:03am On Jan 03, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Nice one Pastorkun

PastorKun:
@Joagbaje

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Do It?: Keep Your Eyes And Thoughts Pure! / Celestial Church Exposed / The 16 Privileges Enjoyed By Muhammad Which No Other Muslim Enjoys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.