Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 PM

Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain (3600 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Joagbaje Was Right About Ebola, Jesus Is The Cure, AnotherEbola Victim Testifies / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
Welcome back Joagbaje from your few days break. We have been waiting for you to come explain better what you meant here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-883166.0.html#msg10307999 and quoting you verbatim:

Nothing s wrong if a church sell things. It depends on purpose and motives. Some people give things that can not be used and they have to be sold. Jesus definitely sold some stuff.If not,his desciples  would not have asked for the perfume to be sold.

We've been expecting an explanation on the Churches now Market Place thread but it would be derailing in some way.
Friends have been asking me if Jesus was really a salesman after reading your comment. I didnt have the right words to say, so if you can explain precisely from the scriptures that Jesus (not Judas) sold something with proof then i could relay myself better to them. Please dont leave us hanging.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 05, 2012
How do u think 5 fizhes and 2 loaves were able to feed A multitude? undecided undecided
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Image123(m): 4:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
Some people mistake talking without thinking for Holy Ghost inspiration. Afterwards, they try to make sense out of what's been said, and feel happy with themselves.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Goshen360(m): 4:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
^^^ lol.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2012
why is Joagbaje dodging this thread? every minute you shy away from your mistake you risk loosing your integrity. if it is not a mistake and you sure Jesus sold some stuff, please come and explain to us.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2012
diluminati:

why is pastor joe dodging this thread? every minute you shy away from your mistake you risk loosing your integrity. if it is not a mistake and you sure Jesus sold some stuff, please come and explain to us.
Lmao, what integrity?
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Joagbaje(m): 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
my i.d is joagbaje. if you want response from me adress me appropriately

1 Like

Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by newmi(m): 6:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
Joagbaje:

If he wants any exclusive explaination he should request for a private message this thread is already adultrated with corrupted intent and grimy rancid motives. Infact from the tone of the topic it is obvious that it is not a condusive environment for meaningful discussion because its undertone of sarcasm
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by ogajim(m): 7:07pm On Mar 05, 2012
Joagbaje:

"oagbaje"/Joagbaje, can you please quote Scriptoral verses to she where our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ "sold some stuff[color=#990000][/color]"?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by mkmyers45(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
Pst Jo i respect you but please explain your words even if its on a new thread. God bless you
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 05, 2012
this is a new thing, jesus sold wares in the market?
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Goshen360(m): 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2012
mkmyers45:

Pst Jo i respect you but please explain your words even if its on a new thread. God bless you

I think this is a good suggestion to Jo, since he had cleverly said he won't respond because he wasn't addressed properly and he came in on this thread so say that. Technically or indirectly, you agree she was talking to you or created this thread for you. Please, we will honour your person if you either respond here or create a new thread to answer the question. This one is bigger than you hmmm?
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 9:47pm On Mar 05, 2012
musKeeto:

How do u think 5 fizhes and 2 loaves were able to feed A multitude? undecided undecided

by buying and selling? undecided
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by JeSoul(f): 9:52pm On Mar 05, 2012
Inasmuch as I (and many of you) don't necessarily agree with Joagbaje, please do not let this thread/topic denegerate into a personal attack on him or the thread will be locked (and assuming he chooses to participate self). As much as I don't agree with a lot of his ideaology I also don't appreciate the way many people have chosen to address/respond to him in this section.

We can all be respectful of each other regardless of our views. Thanks in advance.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by muyoto: 10:15pm On Mar 05, 2012
Here we go again. I guess Tpia was right after all. . .

Tpia: I've always felt dilluminati has a huge crush on joagbaje.

She follows his every post and eagerly waits for his responses.

Well, they are both grown but who is available i dont know.

What baffles me though are those supposed Christians who all to eager to partake in the usual 'Joagbaje Bashing pastime', which, take it or leave it, is what this thread is all about.

I have issues with some of the messages of Jo, but this sustained personal attacks are not necessary, IMO
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hi Ma Jesoul, no one is attacking Joagbaje here.

But that is just by the way side, the more important part is for Him to explain to us how Jesus sold some stuff so we can put this matter to rest.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
muyoto:

What baffles me though are those supposed Christians who all to eager to partake in the usual 'Joagbaje Bashing pastime', which, take it or leave it, is what this thread is all about.

I have issues with some of the messages of Jo, but this sustained personal attacks are not necessary, IMO

Don't divert attention here. No one intends to attack the person of Joagbaje. Your emotions are too heightened, please cool it down.

@Joagbaje
i, particularly, love you, so dont mind any deflector who wants to poison your mind. all my previous tantrums were just mere playing around. you know i dont mean any harm. I just want you to explain how Jesus sold some stuff.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Joagbaje(m): 10:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
Change the title and address it as joagbaje thank you.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Goshen360(m): 10:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
@ JeSoul,

As much as I respect your words and saying above and also read Joagbaje's comment to you (You know where am talking about). This is my personal contribution here to you and everyone.

Something is definitely at stake when Christians come out in the open in front of the whole world and say things in error or say heresy. Honestly, it goes a long way. Even if diluminati had not asked Joagbage to explain his statement, me and some others had confronted Joagbaje to explain to us from the scriptures where he came about Jesus definitely sold some stuffs. A simple statement from joagbage that he made such statement in error will definitely kill this thread. We are all human and we can still speak some things in error. He doesn't seems to agree he was properly addressed and yet, he sent you private mail. I do not have personal issues with him but our faith is at stake sir with such statement from Joagbaje.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by JeSoul(f): 10:57pm On Mar 05, 2012
diluminati:

Hi Ma Jesoul, no one is attacking Pastor Joe here. I even addressed him accordingly as Pastor Joe Agbaje, the Joe for Joseph right? Thats who he is, so i'm not attacking his person.

But that is just by the way side, the more important part is for Him to explain to us how Jesus sold some stuff so we can put this matter to rest.
My sister, from my understanding, he simply wishes to be addressed as his user ID "Joagbaje" and not pastor ____ and I think that is a reasonable request & is within the forum rules. I think all of us will not be happy to have our real names being used openly. Can you kindly modify the title, and your posts that have his full name and use just his username? or else I will have to remove the topic. Thanks girl.

goshen360:

@ JeSoul,

As much as I respect your words and saying above and also read Joagbaje's comment to you (You know where am talking about). This is my personal contribution here to you and everyone.

Something is definitely at stake when Christians come out in the open in front of the whole world and say things in error or say heresy. Honestly, it goes a long way. Even if diluminati had not asked Joagbage to explain his statement, me and some others had confronted Joagbaje to explain to us from the scriptures where he came about Jesus definitely sold some stuffs. A simple statement from joagbage that he made such statement in error will definitely kill this thread. We are all human and we can still speak some things in error. He doesn't seems to agree he was properly addressed and yet, he sent you private mail. I do not have personal issues with him but our faith is at stake sir with such statement from Joagbaje.
My brother, let me first say I appreciate the way you've handled yourself in the forum of recent, very mature and respectful and I apreciate that a lot. As per the issue, its not about silencing the opposition or allowing 'heresy' to go unchalleneged. This is simply about keeping the discussions impersonal and leaving personal names, attacks or issues out of it. I am sure Joagbaje will be happy to answer your queries if you simply left his real name out of it.

Joagbaje didn't send me a private mail, its on the mod thread for all to see. I've been noticing people attacking him personally recently and that is against forum rules and is simply not in good taste. We can make our points with respect and maturity. Thanks again and stay blessed.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by OmoPastor(m): 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2012
diluminati or whatever you call yourself, i hail your courage but must you wait for him to spell out everything for you? can't you read the bible to find out? and if you cannot see it in your bible then delete it from your mind!
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Goshen360(m): 11:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
JeSoul:

My sister, from my understanding, he simply wishes to be addressed as his user ID "Joagbaje" and not pastor ____ and I think that is a reasonable request & is within the forum rules. I think all of us will not be happy to have our real names being used openly. Can you kindly modify the title, and your posts that have his full name and use just his username? or else I will have to remove the topic. Thanks girl.

My brother, let me first say I appreciate the way you've handled yourself in the forum of recent, very mature and respectful and I apreciate that a lot. As per the issue, its not about silencing the opposition or allowing 'heresy' to go unchalleneged. This is simply about keeping the discussions impersonal and leaving personal names, attacks or issues out of it. I am sure Joagbaje will be happy to answer your queries if you simply left his real name out of it.

Joagbaje didn't send me a private mail, its on the mod thread for all to see. I've been noticing people attacking him personally recently and that is against forum rules and is simply not in good taste. We can make our points with respect and maturity. Thanks again and stay blessed.

Yes, I got the alert from the Mod thread and that is where I was refering to. Thanks for the correction.

@ diluminati,
Kindly modify the title leaving Joagbaje's personal name out of the topic and let's see him answer the question as JeSoul had suggested. It is reasonable within the rules of the forum. Thank you.

Better still, Moderator or JeSoul [/b]can modify the title of this thread using Joe's ID, Joagbaje. [b]@ JeSoul
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ok oh madam don talk wetin ekaette go do now? na to follow suit
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 11:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
Joagbaje over to you!
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 11:53pm On Mar 05, 2012
OmoPastor:

diluminati or whatever you call yourself, i hail your courage but must you wait for him to spell out everything for you? can't you read the bible to find out? and if you cannot see it in your bible then delete it from your mind!

i cant see it thats why i need Joagbaje to come and explain better.

what about you? if you know where it is in the bible, kindly explain extensively how, why and where Jesus sold some stuff. We really like to know. But not to overshadow Joagbaje because i'm particularly waiting for his own.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Joagbaje(m): 1:04am On Mar 06, 2012
goshen360:

I think this is a good suggestion to Jo, since he had cleverly said he won't respond because he wasn't addressed properly and he came in on this thread so say that. Technically or indirectly, you agree she was talking to you or created this thread for you. Please, we will honour your person if you either respond here or create a new thread to answer the question. This one is bigger than you hmmm?

@ goshen

The post quoted answers itself. Read it again. Apart from money,Jesus recieved lots of extant things or gifts from people which he may not use but rather sell to convert to money. It can only be on that premise the desciples asked to sell the perfume  and convert it to money.

Matthew 26:8-9
8 But when his disciples saw this, they became angry and complained, "Why such a waste? 9 We could have sold this perfume for a lot of money and given it to the poor."

The stament of the desciples suggests they were used to selling some of the stuff they recieved. Thats all. I dont know the big deal being made out of this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by JeSoul(f): 1:30am On Mar 06, 2012
diluminati:

Ok oh madam don talk wetin ekaette go do now? na to follow suit
Lol. Thanks! smiley

Goshen & Joagbaje, thanks to you both as well.
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

@ goshen

The post quoted answers itself. Read it again. Apart from money,Jesus recieved lots of extant things or gifts from people which he may not use but rather sell to convert to money. It can only be on that premise the desciples asked to sell the perfume  and convert it to money.

8 But when his disciples saw this, they became angry and complained, "Why such a waste? 9 We could have sold this perfume for a lot of money and given it to the poor."

The stament of the desciples suggests they were used to selling some of the stuff they recieved. Thats all. I dont know the big deal being made out of this.

If this is the premise on which you base your conjecture, I feel sorry for you. Out of here, Have a nice day, guys!!!
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 4:08am On Mar 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

@ goshen

lets assume this was even true, look at the section i underlined . . . it suggests they never kept anything (even the free gifts) for themselves but gave all of it to the poor. Does your pastor do the same?
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by richjohn1(m): 5:31am On Mar 06, 2012
Joagbaje will not kill me O grin grin grin ;ROFLMAO
@Davidylan you too much grin
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Joagbaje(m): 6:28am On Mar 06, 2012
davidylan:

lets assume this was even true, look at the section i underlined . . . it suggests they never kept anything (even the free gifts) for themselves but gave all of it to the poor. Does your pastor do the same?

Jesus definitely gave to the poor , it's a Jewish culture and a biblical principle ? And Yes ,it's a culture in CEC . On personal ground and cooperately.

But you davidylan,do you do thesame?
Re: Jesus Definitely Sold Some Stuff - Joagbaje Please Explain by Nobody: 6:31am On Mar 06, 2012
Joagbaje:

Jesus definitely gave to the poor , it's a Jewish culture and a biblical principle ? And Yes ,it's a culture in CEC

this was the principle Christ laid down for His disciples - "sell ALL that thou hast and give to the poor"

If Christ was hoarding wealth like your own "gods", the disciples would not have needed 5 loaves and 2 fishes neither would they have been as bothered with expensive perfume.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is White Wedding And Is It Biblical? / The Human Spirit (illustrated) / Two days left. Are christians praying and are atheists being visited?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.