Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Don Jazzy Dbanj Split - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Don Jazzy Dbanj Split (14149 Views)

Pitbull And Protege Sensato Remix Dbanj's Oliver Twist / I Owned Mohits And Signed Don Jazzy, Dbanj Tells Ebony Magazine / Who Is The Best Musician In Nigeria: 2face Or Dbanj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by mykejones(m): 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
D'banj go jus run down.
Reasons.
The bloke is not lyrically oriented. The beauty of his songs most times coms from the beats whch we al know xclusively coms frm Don Jazzy.
The other point is in the backup, Don Jazzy's senorious voice hypes the song a million times more.
For instance,see d Oliver Twist's lyrics,total crap,but listn 2 d beat, worldclass! Even the Mr. Endownd remix is nt lyrically a top notch song,just d beat!
Hmmm,D'banj,check ur steps hommie.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by kessyking: 1:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
Ma peeps, Who produced the beat of that song OLIVER TWIST? some said KANYE WEST while some said DON JAZZY, whats the fact? and i need proof please, for the pair splitting i dont think am sure about that so i must reserve my comment. Thanks to you all,
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Basics007: 1:32pm On Mar 05, 2012
Seems as if the source knows what he's talking about. I've been hearing this rumor from other places too.
I'm still yet to make up my mind who will suffer more out of the duo if this is true. But D'banj needs to watch it. Lots of people have been waiting for his disgrace after what happened with the occupyNaija stuffs. Let them mend their relationship so that hater wont say god catch am!
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by dj187: 2:22pm On Mar 05, 2012
D'banj is too arrogant & proud, I can't wait to see him go down, don jazzy keep ur head high cos there is no limit to how far u can go the lord is ur strenght.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by PBundles(m): 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2012
If this is true, then Dbanj shouldnt be surprised that the deals favours the producer. IT ALWATS HAS! Producers make more money than the singers. The singers get the glamour and fame and the producers get paid WAY BETTER! He most likely overlooked this fact since in 9ja, most people dont buy most of the music but get it free. So most of the money is made by perfomance where the artist gets paid upfront and has to settle those who wrote the music he will sing. The 9ja radio stations will also pay quite limited royalties for spins. BUT, across the ocean, its a whole new ball game. Music royalties are are traked by publishers, so the owner, writer etc (ie D Jazzy) will get paid major. Even when he co-writes a song an album such as Beyonce, thats bank. Why, he gets paid everytime that album sells. If that album wins a award, he gets it too, if they do a best ever hit album he gets paid. Commercials, jingles etc etc. I heard he also co-wrote something for JZ and is working on their upcoming album. So Im not surprised that he is not interested in writing for ONLY Dbanj. His eyes have opened to the world of music publishing. Also if Im not mistaken, Mo Hits is under the Good Music imprint so, guess who Good Music needs to settle YOU GUESSED it the writer and who is that D JAZZY. If Im not mistaken, D JAZZY also owns the label so he is getting paid major. Truth is that I dont think DBanj had much say in the transaction. It was Mo -Hits that signed and he is only, (I know his fans may take thsi wrongly by saying only) one of the singers on the roster, though he make be the star. Now you know why some stars end up broke after selling so many records etc, truth is the writers and producers made the money. Even the great Micheal Jackson in his hay day only got 25% of all sales, which back then was huge, guess who got the other 75%. Yep, the label and the writers. FYI, I have been involved in music publsihing for more than 15 years so I know how this works. I also own a music publishing company. Later.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by mikuz(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2012
Dyt there aint no biggie if i follow you
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by kizito96(m): 4:14pm On Mar 05, 2012
My mother once told me that Friendship is like a log of wood carried on your head, When it gets heavier on you, you put it down.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by deathmen12: 4:20pm On Mar 05, 2012
@tboy1. U ARE RIGHT
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by pynkspyce: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
Its DOn Jazzy again,
Dbanj, what talents exactly does d guy have?
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
Well all good thing will come to an end. my advice for Dbanj is to enter gospel music to save his career. tongue
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by youngmonie: 6:02pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nigerias shaa, PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS FOR ONCE, Was on twitter and im like cnt this people read THEY ARE ON THE BRINK OF SPLITTING doesnt excatly mean they have parted ways!
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by dumodust(m): 6:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
We always knew kanye west signed the label after he head don jazzy's production, So why is talentless d'banj complaining?
Kanye west signed don jazzy and put him to work immediately, simple business fact.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Rooneyboy(m): 6:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
Dbanj has been so full of himself right from the word GO.
I have never really liked him as a person or his music.
Dbanj certainly is joking with fire.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Nobody: 6:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
diluminati:

Well all good thing will come to an end. my advice for Dbanj is to enter gospel music to save his career. tongue

lmao, anyone that has good ears for music would know that D jazzy is the solid rock on which dbanj stands, without his beats, dbanj is nothing.
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by pipz(m): 7:11pm On Mar 05, 2012
Hmmmmmmmm! its so hot in here, so much hate , i can feel it,

i just have a feeling all this is just rumour, to create industry excitement, well, i wish 'em both the best
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Excelboi(m): 7:24pm On Mar 05, 2012
This is definately a rumour!
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by bashr8: 7:36pm On Mar 05, 2012
its a rumour, dbanj cant afford to make that mistake, of course he is a star so he can make it without don jazzy but he will do better with don jazzy.

don jazzy work on watch the throne album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-Vp83ZiaU0
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Henry40: 7:45pm On Mar 05, 2012
What can D'banj possibly achieve by himself? He's no Usher with steps, no MJ with voice, No Busta with Rhymes, no Jay Z with intellect, what on earth can this guy possibly achieve by himself? If this is true, I wonder what's deceiving him into thinking he deserves to be in the international scene. For what? "Oshe!"? Even 2 year-olds can top charts if Don Jazzy handles the tracks! Wake up guy, no dey f.o.o.l yourself before you become a "hasbeen!"
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by bashr8: 7:51pm On Mar 05, 2012
Henry40:

What can D'banj possibly achieve by himself? He's no Usher with steps, no MJ with voice, No Busta with Rhymes, no Jay Z with intellect, what on earth can this guy possibly achieve by himself? If this is true, I wonder what's deceiving him into thinking he deserves to be in the international scene. For what? "Oshe!"? Even 2 year-olds can top charts if Don Jazzy handles the tracks! Wake up guy, no dey f.o.o.l yourself before you become a "hasbeen!

well lets not conclude yet
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by xcapade: 8:21pm On Mar 05, 2012
CAN ONLY SEE THIS AS A PUBLICITY STUNT FOR DBANJ'S UPCOMING ALBUM.
I DONT THINK THEY WILL BREAK UP.

#KANYE SIGNED DON JAZZY (WHO THEN FACTORED DBANJ INTO THE DEAL AS AN ARTISTE) NOT MO'HIT
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by oiseworld: 7:00am On Mar 06, 2012
guys, split or no split nothing dey do dbanj!

But dey should work it out
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by nwanioma(f): 10:40am On Mar 06, 2012
They had better not split oh! No one would like to eat bread(Don jazzy) with out butter(Dbanj), however people will still eat the bread, but the butter is almost useless!
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by Abayomin70(m): 12:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
2 idiots if they lie dey should die even split since d day they join ILLUMINATI(worshipin devil) since den i ate dem lik hell if u die hell fire straigt wat will a man gain if he gain d hole world and all nigeria music industry and loose is sole and sell it to satan
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by ajekpaks(m): 5:50pm On Mar 07, 2012
ain't it the same Ikechukwu people claim wanted to remove his teeth for him?
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by ajekpaks(m): 5:54pm On Mar 07, 2012
Abayomin70:

2 idiots if they lie dey should die even split since d day they join ILLUMINATI(worshipin devil) since den i ate dem lik hell if u die hell fire straigt wat will a man gain if he gain d hole world and all nigeria music industry and loose is sole and sell it to satan

I swear I thought some guys only when they talk they throw away the 'h' I didn't know when they wrote too,
Just an observation bro, no hard feelings
Re: Don Jazzy Dbanj Split by mikuz(m): 8:26am On Mar 09, 2012
^
lwkmd

(1) (2) (Reply)

P'square's "Alingo" Video Is Not Fit For The Unfit ;D / Watch And Download Alingo Video From P-square / Download M.i Illegal Music

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.