Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime (14584 Views)

Poll: Which of these cartoons is the Greatest of Alltime

Scooby Doo: 21% (10 votes)
Tom and Jerry: 61% (29 votes)
Sponge Bob Sqaurepants: 4% (2 votes)
Pinky and the Brain: 10% (5 votes)
Top Cat: 2% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Kirikou The Cartoon / Which Cartoon Character Will You Love To Be IF You Were In The Cartoon World? / Name The Worst Cartoon Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by PhysicsQED(m): 7:09am On Sep 22, 2012
Top Cat was a slick bastard, but I have to give the title to Tom and Jerry. Just too many classics.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 12:59pm On Sep 22, 2012
Voltron,Defender of the Universe.cool

A lot of NLers are too young to remember the series but that cartoon is a cult classic
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 1:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
yiladogo: Haba, you guys have totally forgotten.
Voltron Defender of the Universe, of even the amazing Spiderman, x-men,
They are too young to know Voltron grin
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by maclatunji: 1:05pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ishilove: Voltron,Defender of the Universe.cool

A lot of NLers are too young to remember the series but that cartoon is a cult classic

I don't think this is true. Most Nairalanders know Voltron.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by naptu2: 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2012
Looney toons.

As a cartoon addict I have several favourites, but I remember that I almost died on many occasions while watching Bugs Bunny caricature Daffy Duck (that episode was a classic).

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by PhysicsQED(m): 8:52pm On Sep 22, 2012
Ishilove: Voltron,Defender of the Universe.cool

I remember Voltron. Another classic show.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2012
PhysicsQED:

I remember Voltron. Another classic show.
"...Activate interlock,dinofirms(??) connected

Infracells up....

Mega thrusters go..."

"Form feet and leg...(Tech Sound effects)

Form arms and body...

And I'll form the head...

GO VOLTRON FORCE!!!"! grin cheesy

Gawd I loved that cartoon!! cheesy
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by teekrackz(m): 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2012
Voltron's storyline is poor!
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by teekrackz(m): 11:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
Voltron's storyline is poor not to talk of the grapics!
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by naptu2: 2:46am On Sep 23, 2012
The Voltron Force idea was so good that it was used over and over again. For me it started with Battle of The Planets (G Force) in the early 1980s (Battle of The Planets was actually made in the late '70s, but was shown on NTA in the early '80s), then Voltron Force (1987 onwards) and then Megas XLR (2000s).

When I first saw Voltron I was intrigued by its similarity with G Force.

Mark = Keith
Sven
Princess = Princess Allura
Jason = Lance
Keyop = Pidge
Tiny = Hunk
7 Zark 7 =Koran

Form Fiery Phoenix = Form Blazing Sword

Etc.

There were cross over episodes. I believe that the G Force also appeared on an episode of Voltron, although I can't remember that episode very well, but I do remember when the Voltron Force appeared on an episode of Megas XLR (they could only speak/understand Japanese in that episode).

Other really great cartoons of that era include Transformers, Thunder Cats and Masters of The Universe

Below: G Force, Voltron Force and Megas XLR.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by maclatunji: 6:19am On Sep 23, 2012
^You be correct cartoon fan. Who said Voltron's Storyline is poor? For a cartoon made in the 80s, it's like a legend. Don't let me e-slap you for that comment.

By the way, Voltron is back on Nickolodeon but hasn't reached Nigeria yet! Watchout for a Mega Blockbuster too sometime in the future.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Parnassuss(m): 9:38am On Sep 23, 2012
Looney Toons/Tom and Jerry (technicolour) top it. Next the them would be Top Cat, the Amazing Spiderman, The Jetsons, 13 Ghosts of Scooby-doo, ThunderCats, Ninja Robots (FREAKING AWESOME), old Dexter's Lab and the X-Men.

Honorary mentions go out to Superman (old and new versions), Voltron, Animaniacs, Naruto, Death Note, Johnny Quest, Family Guy, Swat-Cats, Sky-Surfers, Beast Wars and Pirates of the Dark waters.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Okijajuju1(m): 9:59am On Sep 23, 2012
maclatunji: ^You be correct cartoon fan. Who said Voltron's Storyline is poor? For a cartoon made in the 80s, it's like a legend. Don't let me e-slap you for that comment.

By the way, Voltron is back on Nickolodeon but hasn't reached Nigeria yet! Watchout for a Mega Blockbuster too sometime in the future.

More like ban him for his comment..

Topic... Mohammed Cartoon.. So good, grown a•ss men go biserk and run wild when ever they hear one is out..
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by maclatunji: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2012
Okija_juju:

More like ban him for his comment..

Topic... Mohammed Cartoon.. So good, grown a•ss men go biserk and run wild when ever they hear one is out..

Let me know when you're done crying.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 11:34am On Sep 23, 2012
naptu2: The Voltron Force idea was so good that it was used over and over again. For me it started with Battle of The Planets (G Force) in the early 1980s (Battle of The Planets was actually made in the late '70s, but was shown on NTA in the early '80s), then Voltron Force (1987 onwards) and then Megas XLR (2000s).

When I first saw Voltron I was intrigued by its similarity with G Force.

Mark = Keith
Sven
Princess = Princess Allura
Jason = Lance
Keyop = Pidge
Tiny = Hunk
7 Zark 7 =Koran

Form Fiery Phoenix = Form Blazing Sword

Etc.

There were cross over episodes. I believe that the G Force also appeared on an episode of Voltron, although I can't remember that episode very well, but I do remember when the Voltron Force appeared on an episode of Megas XLR (they could only speak/understand Japanese in that episode).

Other really great cartoons of that era include Transformers, Thunder Cats and Masters of The Universe

Below: G Force, Voltron Force and Megas XLR.
Wow...I don see person wey pass me for cartoon craze ...

Master, I'm humbled... shocked
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 12:08pm On Sep 23, 2012
maclatunji: Who said Voltron's Storyline is poor? For a cartoon made in the 80s, it's like a legend. Don't let me e-slap you for that comment.

E-pummel am join! How can he be comparing the graphics of a cartoon made in the late 70s and early 80s to those cartoons made in the tech 21st century?? There is no basis for comparison!
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by naptu2: 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2012
maclatunji: ^You be correct cartoon fan. Who said Voltron's Storyline is poor? For a cartoon made in the 80s, it's like a legend. Don't let me e-slap you for that comment.

Ishilove:
Wow...I don see person wey pass me for cartoon craze ...

Master, I'm humbled... shocked

smiley Thanks. You guys have brought back memories of when life was very simple. Tonight I'm going to search for videos of these cartoons.

Battle of the Planets!

G-Force!

Princess, Tiny, Keyop, Mark, Jason - and watching over them from Center Neptune, their computerized coordinator, 7-Zark-7!

Watching, warning against surprise attacks by alien Galaxies beyond space!

G-Force!

Fearless young orphans protecting Earth's entire Galaxy! Always five, acting as one. Dedicated, inseparable, invincible!

From days of long ago,
from uncharted regions of the universe,
comes a legend.
The legend of Voltron: Defender of the Universe.
A mighty robot, loved by good, feared by evil.

As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the Solar System, they maintained peace throughout the universe until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy.

Voltron was needed once more.

This is the story of the superforce of space explorers. Specially trained and sent by the alliance to bring back,

Voltron: Defender of the Universe!

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 9:45pm On Sep 23, 2012
naptu2:

Battle of the Planets!

G-Force!

Princess, Tiny, Keyop, Mark, Jason - and watching over them from Center Neptune, their computerized coordinator, 7-Zark-7!

G-Force!

Fearless young orphans protecting Earth's entire Galaxy! Always five, acting as one. Dedicated, inseparable, invincible!

From days of long ago,
comes a legend.

As Voltron's legend grew, peace settled across the galaxy. On Planet Earth, a Galaxy Alliance was formed. Together with the good planets of the Solar System, they maintained peace throughout the universe until a new horrible menace threatened the galaxy.

This is the story of the superforce of space explorers. Specially trained and sent by the alliance to bring back,

*lips quivering* Wow, reading this brought tears to my eyes sad

I want to be young again!!! sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2012
The voice artist who voiced the intro in the Voltron series is the same guy who voiced 'Optimus Prime' in the 'Transformers' franchise. The first time I heard the voice in the movie, something clicked in my brain and I was like, "wow, its the voice of that Voltron guy!" My sibs concurred with me,one of them saying he had been trying to rack his brain to find out why Optimus Prime's voice was so familiar cheesy. The same artist voiced 'Eeoyoh' the donkey in Winnie the Pooh.

I used to think it was '7-ark-7', and what I loved about the character was his soft voice. He had this sweet soothing voice that always made me look forward to the end of the cartoon where he would roll around the control room trying to make sense of the chaotic action that just took place.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by naptu2: 10:37pm On Sep 23, 2012
Yeah! That voice! It was definitely Optimus Prime.

I just got goose bumps listening to it again. Finally found the videos.

G Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoO5H_UKCrw

Voltron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uS5b8aQ6z8

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by james1(m): 11:27pm On Sep 23, 2012
Tom n Jerry,followed by Pinky n Brain.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Ishilove: 11:35pm On Sep 23, 2012
naptu2: Yeah! That voice! It was definitely Optimus Prime.

I just got goose bumps listening to it again. Finally found the videos.

G Force

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoO5H_UKCrw

Voltron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uS5b8aQ6z8
Correct cheesy cheesy

Wow, God bless you dear. You made my night smiley
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by james1(m): 12:18am On Sep 24, 2012
There are loads of cartoons out there but tom n jerry first screened in 1954 is still the very best of toons,be it by followers,grossing and episodes.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by james1(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2012
When one considers the schemes in pinky n brain,one see's amazing script writing that engages even the most intellectual,adult and critical mind.
Even though it is not too far back in years;its got mad followers too.
There is no Nigerian kid who grew up in the 70's n 80's that is not a toon's freak unless they don't have access to electricity/tv.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by joanana(f): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2012
Tom and Jerry!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 31, 2013
A Friend of mine once said dat even if he loses his Son and 25mins later they play Tom n Jerry he would still laugh his butts out
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by firestar(f): 10:01pm On May 31, 2013
naptu2:

smiley Thanks. You guys have brought back memories of when life was very simple. Tonight I'm going to search for videos of these cartoons.

Battle of the Planets!

G-Force!

G-Force!

From days of long ago,
comes a legend.

Word for word!

Anyone remember Lion'o of the Thundercats?
Silverhawks
He-Man
Tron.
Thundersub
Return of the Jedi (Starwars)

... cheesy
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by naptu2: 10:52pm On May 31, 2013
firestar:

Word for word!

Anyone remember Lion'o of the Thundercats?
Silverhawks
He-Man
Tron.
Thundersub
Return of the Jedi (Starwars)

... cheesy

THUNDER! THUNDER! THUNDERCATS HO!

Thundercats are on the move
Thundercats are loose
Feel the magic
hear the roar
Thundercats are loose

Thunder, Thunder, Thunder, Thundercats

Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by naptu2: 11:01pm On May 31, 2013
I always loved the transformations, when Prince Adam became He-Man, Princess Adora became She-Ra, but most of all, this. . . .

Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra, the Ever-Living!
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Vansnickers: 6:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Tom and Jerry is my ish.
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by Nedville: 12:11pm On Jun 18, 2018
harakiri:
Ben-10

No love for poor Benjamin Tennyson
Re: Which Is The Cartoon Of Alltime by kakarott: 2:58am On Jun 21, 2018
for me it's NARUTO. Cos u can never predict what will happen. The chakra continues to flow.
Naruto is an anime not a cartoon

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Watch Dstv And IPTV Free Without Monthly Subscription / Who Is The Funniest Nigerian Comedian / Gulder Ultimate Search 2: meet the contestants!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.