Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,161 members, 7,818,533 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Did Our Past Leaders Believed In One Nigeria ?, Hear What They Said - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Our Past Leaders Believed In One Nigeria ?, Hear What They Said (3741 Views)

Buhari Blames Economic Woes On Past Leaders / I Taught they said this Man was brutal / Buhari Will Not Probe Past Leaders – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Our Past Leaders Believed In One Nigeria ?, Hear What They Said by betty009(f): 6:12pm On Mar 07, 2012
I am Miss Betty Bill, I work with Dell Company here in the United State of America (Chicago Branch)

Sir it have come to my notice that Electronics sell very well there in West Africa, meaning that Nigeria is the place were Electronics is highly required in the Market.

i have decided to look our for God fearing and humble Nigerian, due to i am planning on establishing a Whole Sales and Retailers buying site there in Nigeria, where Nigerians can buy it cheap and easy.

These men are to represent the me there in Nigeria and each will handle each selling site there

But first, i will give each man a try by sending little quantity of the products to them and if you can sell and send the money back, then you have created a trust.

If you are interested you are to forward any required information to my mail
Full Name:
to (bettybill98@yahoo.com)
Re: Did Our Past Leaders Believed In One Nigeria ?, Hear What They Said by T8ksy(m): 12:15am On Mar 08, 2012
Dede1:

I really do not know the book you read which convinced you to believe in Ironsi and One-Nigeria. If I may deduce from your stream of thought, I had believed Nigeria was not one entity on January 1, 1966. During Tafawa Balewa regime, the central government wielded enormous power and control.

U no get shame sef!!! Are you asking me to authenticate my statement about ironsi and his oxymoronic Decree

34?

I got the info from the same book you read which convinced you without any backing proof that NCNC won the election in

yorubaland in 1951. Up till date, you have not deem it necessary to provide your proof here for all to peruse.

Of course, the tafawa balewa weilded vast power in the first republic but you ibos and your NCNC party were partners in this same

govt.

1 Like

Re: Did Our Past Leaders Believed In One Nigeria ?, Hear What They Said by nku5: 7:51pm On Mar 08, 2012
@ tony spike - the notion that zik and the norther elite destabilised the western region pops here and there but nobody has been able to do justice to that allegation. Abeg shed light on that because I am a keen follower of history
Re: Did Our Past Leaders Believed In One Nigeria ?, Hear What They Said by Deadlytruth(m): 6:45pm On Apr 05, 2016
The Zik who claimed he was fighting against imperialism was on the other hand prepared to die to preserve a "Nigeria" created by the imperialists solely to perpetually enslave and exploit economy of the African whom Zik claimed to be fighting for.
How much sense does it make to claim you are fighting against an oppressive and exploitative movement/idea and yet be ready to die so that the institutions and socio-political entities created to perpetuate the very essence of that movement/idea may live? What then does it mean to fight against a movement?
Zik was a confused man.
As at when people were already seeing the evil intention behind the white man's amalgamation, Zik even wanted to further completely amalgamate us by way of unification through unitary system thereby seeking to perfect the fraud done by the white man whom he (Zik) himself claimed to be fighting off. For a Zik alone to have take those two contradicting positions on the issue in question, two possibilities were involved:

1. That Zik was a psychiatric hospital patient who mistook himself for a nationalist.
2. That Zik was more of a Neo-colonialist and in-house imperialist than a nationalist. The white imperialists used the force of fire arms to impose themselves on Africans, but Zik wanted to use the power of deception (in the form of nationalist pretense) in his subtle quest for him and his tribe to re-colonize Nigeria after the white colonialists would have left.
The second was more likely the case.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 9 BIG FAT LIES Of AIT In ‘The Real Buhari’ Documentary EXPOSED! / Pictures and Video From Chatham / Will Osinbanjo Still Remain A True Pastor After Joining Himself With Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.