Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,938 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? (12606 Views)

Cashless Nigeria Business, Is It Real? / Cashless Nigeria Business: Who Can Enlighten Me About It? / Withdrawal Problem In Cashless Nigeria Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by mcnepow(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
Most churches have alreadi done presentations on this. various methods of payments would be -
1. they stil accept cash posibly in foreign currency
2. by cheque for huge amounts
3. pos terminals b4 or after the church service
4. money transfer to church a/c
5. e-payment on the church site
¤church no wan carry last¤
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by agabaI23(m): 9:01pm On Mar 05, 2012
I thought organizations  are allowed to pay a maximum of N1m  per day? I am not  sure how many churches raise more than 1m per day.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by mcnepow(m): 9:03pm On Mar 05, 2012
^Don't even go dia!
I guess u are not in naija
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by jspac(m): 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2012
afam4eva:

Very soon churches will go totally virtual. There will be no need to dress up on sundays to go to church because church will be brought to your door step. When that time comes you'll hear conversations like this:

Nkechi: Bimbo, how are you?

Bimbo: I'm fine. I just got married to a pator

Nkechi: Really? What church does he pastor?

Bimbo: He pastors www.Jesusislord.com. You should worship with us sometime. Where do you worship currently?

Nkechi: We no longer attend www.chinekebueze.com. Our new church is www.freshannointingfromheaven.net.
afam4eva:

ATM machines will be mounted at the altar  grin grin grin.
ROFLMAO!
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by kay1one(m): 9:12pm On Mar 05, 2012
Churches are registered as Trusteeships meaning they can deposit up to 1 million naira a day, anything higher than that and they probably will need a Vault 4 installmental Payments!
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by kay1one(m): 9:14pm On Mar 05, 2012
Or better still multiple bank accounts 4 larger than 1 mill deposits into 1 account.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by supereagle(m): 9:27pm On Mar 05, 2012
How do they handle it in developed countries?
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by muyoto: 9:33pm On Mar 05, 2012
supereagle:

good question
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 05, 2012
supereagle:

Are churches in developed countries money conscious like winners and rccg ?
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by DeepSight(m): 9:48pm On Mar 05, 2012
^ Ah. Unless u aint heard of Joey Olsteen. $500 for front row seats in church.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by zaboy: 10:00pm On Mar 05, 2012
this whole money issue is part of why Europe and America has lost hope in christianity.
Pope used to rule over almost d whole of europe, today, his position is a mere ceremonial one.

wake up brothers! read!
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by Lexusgs430: 10:04pm On Mar 05, 2012
Just drop your ATM card in the collection basket with your pin attached, the ushers will help you go to the cashpoint, collect what they deem fit for the pastors aka oversees. And your cards would be returned @the end of the service.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by soloqy: 10:06pm On Mar 05, 2012
There is nothing like cashless society. There is no society in the world right now that is cashless. You can still by stuff in marts in US and UK and everywhere in the world with cash. When the amount is higher than what one should be carrying about, thats when eyebrows are raised.

The CBN Olodo governor has recently realised that and reviewed it to cash-light society.

In churches, no one can stop you from making your 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 even to 20,000 naira cash offerings. When its amounts that are quite high, they can always write cheques(which is what has always been obtainable). So nothing changed.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by dasparrow: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2012
supereagle:

I log into my self created account on the church's website and pay my offerings online using a visa or mastercard, debit or credit. That is how it is handled in developed countries if you don't want to give cash.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by stagger: 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2012
OP,

Did the churches tell you they cannot open their own banks like the Vatican?

Who made you a financial consultant? This is how some of you set yourself up for spiritual slaps by poking your nose into what does not concern you.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by soloqy: 10:29pm On Mar 05, 2012
dasparrow:

I log into my self created account on the church's website and pay my offerings online using a visa or mastercard, debit or credit. That is how it is handled in developed countries if you don't want to give cash.

You said if they dont want to give cash so its not based on any government policy barring them from giving cash. And no one is stopping anyone from giving cash offerings here in Nigeria. Its just that normally, there is an amount that would be indecent to put in the offering basket and even the churches encourage people to write cheques so like i said, nothing has changed.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by ruffhandu: 10:41pm On Mar 05, 2012
agabaI23:

I thought organizations  are allowed to pay a maximum of N1m  per day? I am not  sure how many churches raise more than 1m per day.
[/quo

you are right. churches are corporate organisations, save if that church is not duly registered.
Churches that receive more than 1M daily would  now have a challenge.
But the truth is, Many churches now have payment portals on their websites through which members make payments.
Also, payment of tithes through cheques and drafts are becoming normal.
Churches are also moving towards running flasmecash accunts where members simply logon and flash them the cash for anything, except for offering that many'll prefer to bring to church cash.

I don't think the churches would have much problems here, unless those that would perceive this as 'mark of the beast'.

Cheers
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by Harbb: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2012
What happens abroad is members will collect the church's bank account details and direct debit will be effected from the members' account and the church's account is credited accordingly.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by FXKing2012(m): 11:09pm On Mar 05, 2012
Why do u guys like to mock churches? Be very careful!
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by kay1one(m): 11:16pm On Mar 05, 2012
stagger:

OP,

It is obvious you are one of those jobless girls who have nothing to do. Did the churches tell you they cannot open their own banks like the Vatican?

Who made you a financial consultant? This is how some of you set yourself up for spiritual slaps by poking your nose into what does not concern you.

True!
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Mar 05, 2012
Nothings changed, you could still drop ur small offerings and use bank lodgements for tithes
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by Nobody: 12:09am On Mar 06, 2012
Dear Nairalanders, We are the Church of Jesus Christ same yesterday, today and forever. We cannot be disadvantaged. The kingdom of God will still spread thru our prosperity. Cashless society? Well, we move into d realm of cyber transfers. Some of us are alredy there.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by SkyRider1(m): 12:48am On Mar 06, 2012
Pastor: Brethren, send in your cheques to brother. Meet sister for our church account details immediately after service if you 'd prefer direct debiting/ Transfers

Congregation: Amen
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by Nymphnode(m): 1:13am On Mar 06, 2012
New game for the retired Yahoo boyz. Go born again and own an LCC( apologies) and you're gonna be TITHED AND OFFRED. Remember to register your account with GTB though.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by smile4kenn(m): 1:42am On Mar 06, 2012
[size=14pt]Over here in the USA,

Only a few people puts cash on offering box.

Most people write their offering on checks/cheques.

That means they must have written the check/cheques from home.

I think Nigerian pastors will promote this strategy.

Trust me![/size]
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by kizito96(m): 2:35am On Mar 06, 2012
The church will device a means of deducting money from their ATM Cards
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by GboyegaD(m): 2:58am On Mar 06, 2012
they would encourage the use of cheques by members to pay their offerings.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by shilling(f): 5:06am On Mar 06, 2012
Deep Sight:

^ Ah. Unless u aint heard of Joey Olsteen. $500 for front row seats in church.

Nope. You do not pay a dime to go to Lakewood. He charges people during his speaking arrangements, because it costs him an average of $250,000 to put up an event, and after charging people an average of $10-$15, he just about breaks even. You may ask, well other ministers such as Benny Hinn, Billy Graham, etc never charged people, well thing is Joel Osteen does not take a salary from the church. His income comes from his book sales. When talking about ministers that are business men, I don't think Osteen should be one of them.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by mcnepow(m): 6:13am On Mar 06, 2012

There is nothing like cashless society. There is no society in the world right now that is cashless. The CBN Olodo governor has recently realised that and reviewed it to cash-light society.

In churches, no one can stop you from making your 100, 200, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000 even to 20,000 naira cash offerings. When its amounts that are quite high, they can always write cheques(which is what has always been obtainable). So nothing changed.
Thats the keyword.
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by walcolm(m): 6:26am On Mar 06, 2012
lol, the cashless says you cant make daily deposit of more than 150k, it didnt say you can deposit 150k multiple times in a week

besides there are ATM that allow you to make transfer to an account in the same bank
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by sunny2011: 6:26am On Mar 06, 2012
Those that give substancial offerings sure have account. So they issue chqs for their offering. Shikena
Re: Cashless Nigeria: How Would Churches Cope? by dohome: 6:28am On Mar 06, 2012
This should not be a problem at all, because giving offering in church is strictly between you and God. Weather you give it in the open or secret.However, lets not bother ourselves with that, God will always make a way of escape for his chosen.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Smart Ways To Make Troublesome Clients Happy / Top Online Business Entrepreneurs - The Businesses That Made Them Rich / Union Bank’s Rebrand Wins Two International Awards!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.