Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University (14669 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Kx: 10:09am On Mar 06, 2012
onyxo76:

Am a rccg member and nobody asked us to donate any amount towards any university project. The only thing related is when daddy GO's birthday came up and we asked to give cash gifts as alternatives to other gifts we might want to give through our various parishes. The cash gifts were to be donated towards the university project.

Different names for the same "project"
Okija_juju:

[size=15pt]What has a church owning a university got to do with spreading the gospel of christ. .   angry[/size]
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 10:10am On Mar 06, 2012
How come this was not mentioned in the last Holy Night and it appeared on this post. Poster, pls be sure of your stories before publishing them and be mindful of your stories.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by nxanadu: 10:17am On Mar 06, 2012
we should give freely
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Okijajuju1(m): 10:21am On Mar 06, 2012
kollymercy:

What i will say is may God forgive the Poster!! And all of us too.

And also the criminal pastors of all these company's cu'm churches around to. . . Including Redeemed's Adeboye!!  cry I use to have alot of respect for him. .

kollymercy:

1. Rccg did not ask EVERY member to donate 50k each! I am a member!

He did not say every member sir, but every family. . .  And I think the OP kinda implied "every family that could afford to part with 50'k Naira. . . I wonder the last time Redeemed or any other church asked members to donate 20,000 Naira towards the building of a new motherless babies home complete with nursery, play ground, dinning area, recreation room and comfortable beds?!  undecided I wonder the last time redeemed asked members to donate any sun in the area of 50,000 or less to any charitable cause!! Please state if any. .  Halleluyah!!

kollymercy:

2. What we were ask is a voluntary donation starting from 100 naira monthly!! Yes, N100!! There re about 10 category and you can choose wherever you think is ok for your pocket!! right from N100 monthly! to any amount you can give!

And how does this deviate from what the OP has said?! The point is still DONATE towards a non-gospel cause. .  NOW! would any form of rebate be given to children of the donors should they decide to attend Redeemed University in the future?! What form of recourse would the donors recieve?! We already know that the University is going to be a profit making business for the Redeemed Group, so would Donors become automatic share holders who would be entitled to some sort of dividend at the end of each year, or are they just putting their money into a cause that has no business with the propagation of the word of God (as the bible commands) but the enriching of one man and his ministry?!

kollymercy:

3. Even as little as N100 monthly contribution is, it is still not compulsory!

Coersion baby!! Coersion!! Check out the meaning. .  Thats the sort of slavery that religion puts a person under. .  Mental slavery. .  You are in bondage and yet you think you are free. . .  Thats the worse type of bondage honey. .  Google that shi't. .  AND 100 naira is small when it stands alone, multiply that by 100 persons, thats 10,000. .  Multiply 100 by 2 million n(a conservatively rough estimate of RCCG members worldwide), thats 200 million Naira. .  And you and I know that some folks would give as much as 100,000 naira just to incure double blessings from Jah Jehovah!! Halleluyah!

kollymercy:

4. Rccg did not ask every pastor 10k for a dinner with the GO!!, chei! Only the covenant partners have a dinner once a year!! And becoming a covenant partner is voluntary and doesn't make u less a member if u dont join.

Yes it does!!

Dont call people fools. .  How many poor people would ever get to have dinner with your G.O?! My dear. . . This is the dumbest statement ever made in the history of dumb. .  Its like the Statement Napoleon of Animal farm made. .  All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. .  In the case of RCCG. .  All members are equal, but with 10,000 Naira, you are more equal than others . . Utter rubbish. .  Praise the Lord!!  angry
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by blaksril(m): 10:22am On Mar 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

God, cant wait to Bleep alot of christians up on Judgement day. . .    angry
grin grin grin Dude, tell dem jare. Money hungry bastards.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2012
To all those saying it's a lie, let me tell u, my father is one of the leading pastors in RCCG and he told me this himself, so dont think I'm the type who says what he's not sure of. And if you've been following my posts u will realise that I'm the type to support a church or pastor till the very end. But certain things simply cross the line for me.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by PROUDTOBENAIJA(m): 10:31am On Mar 06, 2012
WHY ARE THE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITIES IN NAIJA THE MOS EXPENSIVE?

OVER 75% OF THE MEMBERS OF RCCG CANNOT AFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO THE RCCG UNIVERSITY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH FEES, YET ALL FAMILIES ARE BEING ASKED (WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR NOT) TO DONATE N50K TOWARDS RELOCATING THE SCHOOL. WHY?

MY SUGGESTION IS: INSTEAD OF OPENING THESE NEW AND EXPENSIVE SCHOOLS, SOME OF THESE CHURCHES CAN ADOPT THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND IMPROVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM FOR THE POOR CHILDREN IN OUR COMMUNITIES.

PASTORS, PLEASE CONSIDER THE POOR IF REALLY THE CHRISTIANS MEAN TO REACH OUT TO THE WORLD.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 10:33am On Mar 06, 2012
deshclones:

am impressed,  shocked shocked this is a clear case of class over  trash, you  refuse to be equated with that silly low life , keep it up cool cool

Thanks. Sometimes one needs to keep these people where they belong by refusing to descend to their level.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by SamMilla1(m): 10:43am On Mar 06, 2012
Pure scamming. And someone said they were not forced to pay. What do you call "force". When he tells them that they will not be blessed or make it to Heaven if they dont pay, isnt that forcing them to pay ?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Gakin95: 10:48am On Mar 06, 2012
Hi peeps, it's so appalling the way some people ff their 'pastors' blindly in the name of worshipping. The university was set up as a non profit making org but make hell of profit. How many parish 'pastors' can afford to send their children to the sch? I think it's high time the churches are taxed. By the way, establishment of schools is foreign to the propagation of the gospel. I think the best to be done is to reach out to the lost souls, widows and orphans. James 1:27 says 'pure and undefiled religion is visiting the orphans and attending to the widows, ' .There r so many indigent students out there, brilliant, even within the redeem church who couldn't afford to go to d university.
God xpects people to give their finances to the his work BUT it must be voluntary and without compulsion. Therefore, let us search our scriptures in detail and follows d apostolic examples instead of blindfully saying 'daddy says', 'my pastor says' and all that. BRETHREN, BEWARE!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by stepo707: 10:52am On Mar 06, 2012
Sooner or later the veil will open and people will see the truth.The time is not so far again! angry
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by stepo707: 10:53am On Mar 06, 2012
Sam Milla:

Pure scamming. And someone said they were not forced to pay. What do you call "force". When he tells them that they will not be blessed or make it to Heaven if they dont pay, isnt that forcing them to pay ?
You are right on point!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by pynkspyce: 10:54am On Mar 06, 2012
LMAO @ folks defending this action. It is a wonder why Nigeria is literally one of the most backward countries despite all her resources. Wonders shall never end. Redeemed University is not an NGO, and should not be treated as such.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by IdiAmin2(m): 11:06am On Mar 06, 2012
Okija_juju:

@ Topic

This is very wrong. . .

And they are being forced sir. . Not all "force" comes with a gun or a clear "by force" statement attached to it. There is something called coersion. Most christians have failed to acknowledge the power of coersion hence the reason why they keep attaching the "Nobody is being forced" to it. . My own father have given out 3 of our cars to churches at different times. . In as much as I am not complaining and he says the "spirit" led him to, the truth is that all 3 times, he did it because he was coerced into doing it. .

Redeemed like every other church uses this same trickery. . They make a simple demand like this and ofcourse, nobody is being forced (atleast not with a gun). . But in truth, your mind has been worked on long before now to prepare you towards releasing this money. . Many people who would give this 50,000 would not even have it readily avaliable or it wouldnt be convienient to part with that sum, but because its for church, which means for God, they would, in anticipation of a reciprocative blessing from God, which almost never ever comes. . .

I'm sorry, but this isnt biblical. . . Its evil to say the least (because its not like the children of those who contributed towards the building of that school would be given any sort of discount/scholarship in tuition for their wards when time comes for them to attend the school. . . This is exploitative at best. .

Lets call a spade a spade.

What has a church owning a university got to do with spreading the gospel of christ. . angry

God, cant wait to Bleep alot of christians up on Judgement day. . . angry

Totally agree with your comment on coersion. What the members dont realise is that they are being 'forced' on a subliminal level. Not at gun point but it's been placed in their 'thinking' that God will not bless you in you don't obey an instruction from man of God. Anyway if anyone chooses to pay, na their money, there must always be a maga!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Poj1(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2012
PROUDTOBENAIJA:

WHY ARE THE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITIES IN NAIJA THE MOS EXPENSIVE?

[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]MY SUGGESTION IS: INSTEAD OF OPENING THESE NEW AND EXPENSIVE SCHOOLS, SOME OF THESE CHURCHES CAN ADOPT THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND IMPROVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM FOR THE POOR CHILDREN IN OUR COMMUNITIES.[/fon

This suggestion makes the most sense of this topic.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by cold(m): 11:15am On Mar 06, 2012
This is like the 'How books are sold in churches' thread.You're not forced but you're compelled via stealth to pay.Interesting times we live in
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by mekaboy(m): 11:17am On Mar 06, 2012
OP YOU ARE NOT SURE OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING, AND BE CAREFUL NOT TO BRING A CURSE UPON YOUR LIFE ALL IN THE NAME OF SOCIALIZING ON THE WEB.

HE NEVER ASKED FOR 50K AND HE SAID HE WOULD PREFER CASH GIFTS FOR HIS BIRTHDAY,  IF ALL MEMBERS OF REDEEMED CHURCH IN NIGERIA DECIDE TO BUY A GIFT FOR HIM AND SEND TO THEIR PARISH, HOW WILL THOSE GIFTS BE TRANSFERRED TO LAGOS?

WHAT WILL HE USE ALL THE GIFTS( SPOON, PLATES, TV, DVD, BIBLE, SHIRT, TROUSER, CARS, ETC) WILL HE OPEN A SHOPPING MALL WITH IT? THATS WHY HE SAID HE WANTED CASH TO COMPLETE THE UNIVERSITY .
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by TeeJay6(m): 11:21am On Mar 06, 2012
newslive:

will the children of poor members be given scholarship? because obviously the fees will be high
the same children of so called "poor people" who dont pay tithe, give offering or contributed nada now expect to reap where they have not sown, it doesnt work like that.
Besides so if a church sets up a school/uni how on earth is it meant to provide standard education if it is highly subsidized? Or are you suggesting that the founding church should continue to bankroll the university? And how is the church supposed to do this when there are people on NL who advocate that rather than pay tithe/offering monies should be donated to the poor!!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 11:28am On Mar 06, 2012
Adeboye is a fraudster and a disgrace to the yoruba race.ole ajibole.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by iluvnaija: 11:34am On Mar 06, 2012
If the church wants money to relocate the UNIVERSITY they should sell their PRIVATE JET to raise money. GBAM!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by horlabiyi(m): 11:47am On Mar 06, 2012
Take it or leave it. God is different from religion so don't mix it together. I hate those mission universities because they'll be shouting that they are supporting the programme of poverty alliviation yet their tuition fee is too expensive for the poor people. Or do you want to tell me that someone that sell vegetable can afford to pay #400,000 as school on a child?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by KennyG6(m): 11:49am On Mar 06, 2012
So how do all the people bashing the church expect the project to be funded?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Okijajuju1(m): 11:58am On Mar 06, 2012
Kenny_G:

So how do all the people bashing the church expect the project to be funded?

How about selling their private jets?!

How about using the school fees being paid already?!

How about taking a bank loan?!

How about a Church has no business owning/running a university!!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by PastorKun(m): 12:01pm On Mar 06, 2012
@kenny g
They can fund it from the excessive /illicit tithes they scam from their members.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by bebe4u(f): 12:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
HE NEVER ASKED FOR 50K AND HE SAID HE WOULD PREFER CASH GIFTS FOR HIS BIRTHDAY,  IF ALL MEMBERS OF REDEEMED CHURCH IN NIGERIA DECIDE TO BUY A GIFT FOR HIM AND SEND TO THEIR PARISH, HOW WILL THOSE GIFTS BE TRANSFERRED TO LAGOS?

WHAT WILL HE USE ALL THE GIFTS( SPOON, PLATES, TV, DVD, BIBLE, SHIRT, TROUSER, CARS, ETC) WILL HE OPEN A SHOPPING MALL WITH IT? THATS WHY HE SAID HE WANTED CASH TO COMPLETE THE UNIVERSITY .

I laugh at in annang language ,
How ignorant of you to make such a comment. He can transport the gift via ABC, CHISCO, his private jet , lorry, truck, ship whatever. .damn how do people get goods from allover the country to different places huh SMH

He can give out the spoons, plates, TV, DVD, Bible, trouser, cars, etc to other people in his church who are in dire need of these items. please lets stop kidding ourselves, one university too many in this country yet we are churning out half baked graduates. Why didn't he propose to use the money to assist the Christians that have been displaced in Borno and Kano because of boko haram nonsense. I'm sure people will be more than willing to donate 50k .Yet we we will come here to condemn sanusi that reach out to his Muslim folks in the bomb stricken Kano state.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by PastorKun(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2012
Why should Adeboye a supposed man of God be soliciting for gifts for his birthday day cash or otherwise? I know several people who on their birthdays encourage their friends to spend what they would have spent on buying gifts for them, on the less privilege/orphanage. Is this not what christ would have us do? Why can't Adeboye direct his members to give the money to less privilege to celebrate his birthday and be a blessing to those truly in need. Adeboye clearly does not preach or practise the true gospel of christ, he just uses the name of Jesus to gain acceptance for his false greed motivated doctrines.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by 9jafreak: 12:25pm On Mar 06, 2012
[size=18pt]Who in the name of REASON asked any of these religious emperors to build a university none of their serfs can afford and which their greed and unending vision can barely maintain?

When will Africans be free from this hypnotic insanity in the name of God?
[/size]
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by chiteny(m): 12:29pm On Mar 06, 2012
the same children of so called "poor people" who dont pay tithe, give offering or contributed nada now expect to reap where they have not sown, it doesnt work like that.
Besides so if a church sets up a school/uni how on earth is it meant to provide standard education if it is highly subsidized? Or are you suggesting that the founding church should continue to bankroll the university? And how is the church supposed to do this when there are people on NL who advocate that rather than pay tithe/offering monies should be donated to the poor!!

@ Tee Jay- What about the children of the poor that pay their tithes offering etc. will they benefit or rip from where they sow?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by nycguy1: 12:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
may god forgive you. i attend rccg and no one told me to contribute a dime for the building of r.u.n . where u got ur info from i dont know
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Ayatullah(m): 1:03pm On Mar 06, 2012
My dear Xtian brothers when will you rescue yourself from this mathematician? This man with the way he taxes his ever gullible members rakes in millions upon millions. This definitely is not the way of the biblical Jesus!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. / What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.