Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,528 members, 7,826,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:18 AM

Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University (14665 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Sugardiva(f): 1:06pm On Mar 06, 2012
Im a born again christian and i love God and Im not one to ctritisize a man of God as the bible clearly says belive in The Prophet and you will be established. Howvwer one question bothers my mind. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] IF I WERE POOR AND COULDNT AFFORD THE SCHOOL FEES WOULD I BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL TUITION FREE? If the answer to my question is no, then there is something anti WWJD in this scenario.

#I asked only for clarification. No offence.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by kizito96(m): 1:10pm On Mar 06, 2012
After suffering to put up the University, the fees would be unaffordable for the members. God is watching
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by OldBushman(m): 1:26pm On Mar 06, 2012
If you or your children want to attend #400k per Session University please contact me immediately, I HAVE THE SOLUTION. Just forget the get rich quick methods Nigerians are falling over themselves to get & losing their money in the process
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by logica(m): 1:39pm On Mar 06, 2012
[quote="kayci_d77"]When has NL become a place to bash pastors and Churches SEUN Becareful before your source of income crumble.[/quote]
Can you please use the ant brain you have in your wide skull to explain how the POOR members of your church became poor? Was it as a result of bashing pastors too? Or maybe you want us to believe nobody in your church is poor. Or how the members of your church whose income CRUMBLED such as those working for Oceanic and Intercontinental. Or do you want us to believe no member of your church got laid off? You ARE a MOR0N. Say it loud and be proud.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by bolataiwo(m): 1:53pm On Mar 06, 2012
May God forgive you the poster of this topic. your pastor his support to enlighten you that it is not compulsory and even Pastor adeboye only said he needs help to complete the movement of the university to ede. In my church we gave as low as N200 as a gift for his birthday so poster don't just come to dis forum and start writing jargon. [size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO MY PROPHET NO HARM[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 2:00pm On Mar 06, 2012
hmmm. No wonder Naija is in deep Shit even with all the hardcore men of god lovers in it. Why can't RCCG take a loan from Intercontinental bank, oh it's no longer managed by the thieving pastor called erastus.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by jidewin(m): 2:15pm On Mar 06, 2012
1. As a member of the RCCG mission,there was and is no where Pastor adeboye mentioned,stated,indicated nor "demanded every family" to donate N50,000 to support university project.
2.The general overseer simply asked those who want to be covenant partners with him on the project and various categories were ASKED and not INSTRUCTED, to pay ACCORDING to their CAPACITY.Suffice to say it was not a compulsion.
3.Readers and contributors are free to term his humble requests to what they desire,but stop tarnishing the image of pastor adeboye.  Matt 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."
4.There is absolutely nothing wrong asking your members,friends and interested persons to make contribution towards a project.your contribution is of FREE WILL. after all. ASKING is permitted and directed by God to us all.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 2:45pm On Mar 06, 2012
jidewin:

1. As a member of the RCCG mission,there was and is no where Pastor adeboye mentioned,stated,indicated nor "demanded every family" to donate N50,000 to support university project.
2.The general overseer simply asked those who want to be covenant partners with him on the project and various categories were ASKED and not INSTRUCTED, to pay ACCORDING to their CAPACITY.Suffice to say it was not a compulsion.
3.Readers and contributors are free to term his humble requests to what they desire,but stop tarnishing the image of pastor adeboye.  Matt 12:36 "But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."
4.There is absolutely nothing wrong asking your members,friends and interested persons to make contribution towards a project.your contribution is of FREE WILL. after all. ASKING is permitted and directed by God to us all.
Foreget all this big english, Na soo yahoo yahoo dey do too, dem no need to put gun for person head before u call am robbery,
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by afroxyz: 2:54pm On Mar 06, 2012
Adeboye is on forbes list. He can afford to move the university Anyway, why can't they build farms and employ pple? that way they wld be tackling food crisis and unemployment. Why can't they build medical centres or even donate medical equipment to hospitals? that way they wld be tackling health crisis. Why didn't they speak out during the subsidy palaver? Only 2 build expensive universities and saturate the overbloated labour market. Why can't they pay scientists to come up with innovations or cures, why can't they sponsor researchs? I tire o!!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Goshen360(m): 2:56pm On Mar 06, 2012

WHY ARE THE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITIES IN NAIJA THE MOS EXPENSIVE?

OVER 75% OF THE MEMBERS OF RCCG CANNOT AFFORD TO SEND THEIR CHILDREN TO THE RCCG UNIVERSITY BECAUSE OF THE HIGH FEES, YET ALL FAMILIES ARE BEING ASKED (WHETHER VOLUNTARILY OR NOT) TO DONATE N50K TOWARDS RELOCATING THE SCHOOL. WHY?

MY SUGGESTION IS: INSTEAD OF OPENING THESE NEW AND EXPENSIVE SCHOOLS, SOME OF THESE CHURCHES CAN ADOPT THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND IMPROVE EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM FOR THE POOR CHILDREN IN OUR COMMUNITIES.

PASTORS, PLEASE CONSIDER THE POOR IF REALLY THE CHRISTIANS MEAN TO REACH OUT TO THE WORLD.

GOD THROUGH CHRIST IS INDEED DIFFERENT FROM RELIGION. YOU HAVE SPOKEN WISELY. BUT BECAUSE EVERYONE IS BUSY BUILDING THEIR OWN EMPIRE, THEY WILL NEVER IMPROVE THE PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND MAKE LIFE BETTER.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dekung(m): 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
@kayci_d77
OP is AGENT OF THE DEVIL: NLers beware on your
comments
while I do not consent to most of the OP's declaration I can categorically say the above descripting does qualify him. Just because he is bothered about certain practices in the church doesnt neccessarily justify labelling him an agent of the Devil. Guard you utterances and your outbursts of violent insults, it only shows you lack tact and argumentative prowess. Putting this in 21st century English, you are dumb!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dekung(m): 3:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
@kayci_d77
When has NL become a place to bash pastors and
Churches SEUN Becareful before your source of
income crumble.
The Bible says, TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED AND DO
MY PROPHET NO HARM!!!!!!
You can now see I wasnt so off the mark when I said you are dumb. Even Christians like you have debunked this threat because it is only used to instill fear and perpetuate rulership of your MOG
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dekung(m): 3:17pm On Mar 06, 2012
@jidewin
1. As a member of the RCCG mission,there was and is
no where Pastor adeboye mentioned,stated,indicated
nor "demanded every family" to donate N50,000 to
support university project.
2.The general overseer simply asked those who want
to be covenant partners with him on the project and
various categories were ASKED and not INSTRUCTED,
to pay ACCORDING to their CAPACITY.Suffice to say it
was not a compulsion.
3.Readers and contributors are free to term his
humble requests to what they desire,but stop
tarnishing the image of pastor adeboye. Matt 12:36
"But I say unto you, That every idle word that men
shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day
of judgment."
4.There is absolutely nothing wrong asking your
members,friends and interested persons to make
contribution towards a project.your contribution is of
FREE WILL. after all. ASKING is permitted and directed
by God to us all.
True members were not compelled to contribute, but tell us was there any benefit, be it physical or spiritual, promised to all contributors/covenant partners. If yes, who wouldnt want to be blessed with plenty money just by giving N50k or N100? But is that not the same things swindlers tell their victims? Am not saying Adeboye is a swindler but what am saying is that if people are promised reward for simple altruistic acts or contribution or ordinary giving people will go out of their way to give. Its simple psychology! My only problem is that Church leaders had use the method to benefit the outside world because am looking at a situation where Adeboye tells his congragation that anyone who trains an indigent child through school would be blessed by God, you can imagine how many street hawkers would be off our streets!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by stede(m): 3:43pm On Mar 06, 2012
FXKing2012:
But the fact that pastor Adeboye remains very humble and he does not even accept most of the gifts given him makes me like and respect him so so much.
He is a definition of humility
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Goshen360(m): 4:07pm On Mar 06, 2012
WHEN JESUS WILL APPEAR IN THE FORM OF THE POOR, THE SICK, THE UNCLOTHED, THE NEGLECTED, THE STRANGER AND INMATE, MANY CHURCH PEOPLE WILL NOT EVEN RECOGNIZE HIM AND IF THEY DO, THEY WOULD SAY, "I HAVE GIVEN MY MONEY TO THE CHURCH ALREADY"

[i][b]For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.' "Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.' "Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.' "They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?' "He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.' "Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life." [/b][/i]Matthew 25:35 - 46 (NIV)
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by jidewin(m): 4:20pm On Mar 06, 2012
dekung:

@jidewinTrue members were not compelled to contribute, but tell us was there any benefit, be it physical or spiritual, promised to all contributors/covenant partners. If yes, who wouldnt want to be blessed with plenty money just by giving N50k or N100? But is that not the same things swindlers tell their victims? Am not saying Adeboye is a swindler but what am saying is that if people are promised reward for simple altruistic acts or contribution or ordinary giving people will go out of their way to give. Its simple psychology! My only problem is that Church leaders had use the method to benefit the outside world because am looking at a situation where Adeboye tells his congragation that anyone who trains an indigent child through school would be blessed by God, you can imagine how many street hawkers would be off our streets!
Dekung,
Thanks for asking NICELY.here is my answer:
T[i]rue members were not compelled to contribute, but tell us was there any benefit, be it physical or spiritual, promised to all contributors/covenant partners[/i] We give not necessarily because we expect to benefit in return.If its from the heart.

But is that not the same things swindlers tell their victims? Am not saying Adeboye is a swindler
Yes,swindlers would use same presentation and much more to SWINDLE their victim,however in that case,its a matter of "the Crook" and "the Greedy". Remember bro,even the devil reveals himself as an angel of light too.

The idea of the general overseer asking the congregants to sponsor an indigent to school is a move i strongly support.However,if that should be the case,you and i may just sit back relax and say, "some rich folks from the church are there to sponsor my kids,thus i need no bother" that would be something isn't it.

I contribute only to what i can afford.And if i don't, it has not made me a sinner while even if i do,it is not a VISA to HEAVEN.so lets just do what you and i can and live the rest.
God help us all.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by sweetgala(m): 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2012
I am compelled to add my opinion thanks to certain religious mammals,  to people stating that the church has no business with education need to look around, since time immemorial the body of christ has established vocational institutions, primary secondary and tertiary schools, etc for the benefit of the community and less privileged. Intact in most Western countries you would find most community schools were and in the case of few are established by the catholic, Anglican ministeries before absorption by the education boards.
There is no problem in soliciting for funds to improve a faith university, but the school should be either FREE OR ACCESSIBLE TO MEMBERS OF SOCIETY WHO OTHERWISE CAN NOT . It's through acts of benevolence that the sinner can truly be welcomed to the body of christ. Nigeria is truly a model of religion gone wrong, religious leaders are abusing the natural dispensation of nigerian to rightly question the decisions of their leaders.

TO CONCLUDE IT IS WRONG FOR THE CHURCH TO PETITION MEMBERS TO CONTRIBUTE TO AN ORGANISATION WITHOUT PROMISE OF REPARATIONS WHEN SUCH BODY IS NOT A CHARITABLE ORGANISATION. THE RED CROSS ARE REGISTERED AS A CHARITY, ST VINCENT DU PAUL AMONGST OTHERS FORMED UNDER REIGIOUS ORDERS. THE EXEMPTION OF TAX UPON RELIGIOUS BODIES IS TO EMPHASIZE THE IDEA THAT THEY ARE CHARITIES WHERE NO PROFIT IS MADE.

WHY CAN'T RCCG ESTABLISH AN HOSPITAL OR MARTENITY WARD TO AID THE COMMUNITY?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by bittyend(m): 4:51pm On Mar 06, 2012
Yawning!!!

Scamming the poor all in the name of salvation!!

Phuck being born again - I want to grow in God.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 06, 2012
jidewin:

2.The general overseer simply asked those who want to be [size=14pt]covenant partners[/size] with him on the project and various categories were ASKED and not INSTRUCTED, to pay ACCORDING to their CAPACITY.Suffice to say it was not a compulsion.

the sneaky, evil means by which churches subtly manipulate folks to part with their hard-earned money. Elevate them, make them special and other gullible ones willing to be in the pastor's good books would fall over themselves to pony up.

What is a "covenant partner"? Was this distinction made in the book of acts despite the incredible wealth of many in the early church? What happens to the poor who can NEVER be covenant partners since they dont have the financial muscle to buy pastor's special attention?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 5:14pm On Mar 06, 2012
sweet_gala:

I am compelled to add my opinion thanks to certain religious mammals,  to people stating that the church has no business with education need to look around, since time immemorial the body of christ has established vocational institutions, primary secondary and tertiary schools, etc for the benefit of the community and less privileged.

Have you seen the school fees? How are the "less privileged" supposed to attend? By stealing?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 6:11pm On Mar 06, 2012
It seems every big church in Nigeria is now going into the university business. Even Mountain of Fire has announced the establishment of a #2.5billion university.
Why the craze about universities by Churches?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 06, 2012
FXKing2012:

It seems every big church in Nigeria is now going into the university business. Even Mountain of Fire has announced the establishment of a #2.5billion university.

because it is a viable money-making business that the owner (daddy GO) can lay sole claims to.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dumodust(m): 7:05pm On Mar 06, 2012
Why donate to a viable non-charitable business entity that does not belong to you or give anything for free?
If they want to sell shares, they should, no one should play on people's intelligence by aligning a personal university to a church
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dekung(m): 8:55pm On Mar 06, 2012
@Jidewin,
I beg to disagree with you on the notion that if church tells people to train indegent students people will sit back and say some rich folks in church would sponsor my kid. Govt provides free education at certain levels in this country, how come you and I would rather send our children to private schools even if we have to pay through our nostrils. Nobody would leave his responsibility of raising his wards to someone else except 1) that person cannot afford it or 2) That person has lost all his sense of dignity.
My point is rather than churches harping strongly on 'sowing into the ministry', they should rather stress helping the needy as a sure way to God's heart. I know how church members fall over themselves just to give to the 'set man' but would shrug their shoulder should anyone ask for financial assistance from them. I was a bible believing born again christian but as we speak I have recant that stand. Am now an agnost but one thing I took from being a christian is the fact that when you give to the poor, you lend to God. Pastors don't preach on this too often in their teachings on giving, rather they will harp strongly on tithe, offerings and first fruits as if these are the only ways to give. Even Jesus said those who help the poor would be allowed to enter heaven. As for me no MOG will get a dime from my money again.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by jidewin(m): 8:57pm On Mar 06, 2012
FXKing2012:

bro,id like to us to have chat,i would hit you on from my BB but that is if its ok with you?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2012
[size=18pt]Pastor Adeboye, isnt it pure wickedness that after you collect members tithes and offerings to build your university, your poor members can't even afford to send their children there? Why charging outrageous fees for tuition and other expenses? why cant you give dirt cheap or more precisely FREE university education to your members (whose continued tithes and offerings you use in sustaining the university)and other people you could have the muscle to admit? This hypocrisy is alarming! and you come to preach salvation to me? What impudence! [/size]
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Observator: 10:19pm On Mar 06, 2012
I can confirm to you that the information is not right and it is intended towards spreading hatred. Respondents might want to ascertain the correctness of a rumour before passing judgement. Reasonable care is required before responding to allegations on Nairaland.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by nijanigga: 10:52pm On Mar 06, 2012
Does RCCG have a jet or plane? why not sell it and use the proceeds to fund the relocation of the university,that will be in spirit of giving and sacrifice. For me the church has failed Nigerian people, you ask me why? Ans: Nigeria is the world capital of corruption. How can human be carrying out all kinds of rituals with human parts for money at this age. Our politicians based on the standard of the bible or quoran have no heart.Churches and mosques in every nook and corner all for greed.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by OmoPastor(m): 8:36am On Mar 07, 2012
@ diluminati

Pastor Adeboye, isnt it pure wickedness that after you collect members tithes and offerings to build your university, your poor members can't even afford to send their children there? Why charging outrageous fees for tuition and other expenses? why cant you give dirt cheap or more precisely FREE university education to your members (whose continued tithes and offerings you use in sustaining the university)and other people you could have the muscle to admit? This hypocrisy is alarming! and you come to preach salvation to me? What impudence!
if you do not like how the MOG is running the ministry, its a simple solution: just start one and show him how to run it or else zip up your mouth.

there is an adage that goes: do not try to fight a lion if you are a dog.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 9:41am On Mar 07, 2012
jidewin:

bro,id like to us to have chat,i would hit you on from my BB but that is if its ok with you?

It's all good bro.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by tithe(m): 9:43am On Mar 07, 2012
@poster

We only give for us to be blessed, God is not hungry asking you to give for the gospel.

Have a mindset that when you give a 100fold return comes back to you, if a trusted investment company ask you to bring #50k that you interest will be 450k will you hesitate? Giving is an act of faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. / You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father / How To Decode A Person Possessed With Marine Spirit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.