Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,547 members, 7,827,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University (14666 Views)

Celestial Church Wins In Court, Deeper Life Church To Pay Them N5 Million / 10 Categories Of People That Run From Church To Another For Miracles / Man Asks Church To Return His Tithes Or Face Court Action (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by tithe(m): 9:50am On Mar 07, 2012
Sugardiva:

Im a born again christian and i love God and Im not one to ctritisize a man of God as the bible clearly says belive in The Prophet and you will be established. Howvwer one question bothers my mind. [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] IF I WERE POOR AND COULDNT AFFORD THE SCHOOL FEES WOULD I BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE SCHOOL TUITION FREE? If the answer to my question is no, then there is something anti WWJD in this scenario.

#I asked only for clarification. No offence.

Your question is well constructed, but you have to understand the these churches also have hundreds of university students on free education.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 10:11am On Mar 07, 2012
tithe:

Your question is well constructed, but you have to understand the these churches also have hundreds of university students on free education.

Any evidence to back this up?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by TeeJay6(m): 10:48am On Mar 07, 2012
FXKing2012:

Any evidence to back this up?
Any evidence contradicting his comment?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 12:20pm On Mar 07, 2012
Tee_Jay:

Any evidence contradicting his comment?

You know everyone should have commonsense, i think you should get one too.

Have you taken a look at the fees structure of Reedemer's University http://www.run.edu.ng/fees.html?i2

2011/2012 Fee Schedule

A. RETURNING STUDENTS S/N ITEM CHM CMS CNS

1 Tuition fees 278,000.00 284,000.00 296,000.00
2 Registration 18,000.00 18,000.00 18,000.00
3 Workshop and Laboratory NILL NILL 12,000.00
4 Library Fees 12,000.00 12,000.00 12,000.00

5 Medical / Accident Insurance (including initial medical examination 12,000.00 12,000.00 12,000.00
Sub-Total 320,000.00 326,000.00 350,000.00

6 Accommodation 50,000.00 50,000.00 50,000.00

TOTAL 370,000.00 376,000.00 400,000.00

What the F! so how many hundreds of students are on full scholarship and free tution considering this staggering amount of tuition? Mind you this is for returning students alone. Check out the Fresh ones!

B. FRESH STUDENTS S/N ITEM CHM CMS CNS
1 Tuition fees 385,000.00 395,000.00 410,000.00
2 Registration 25,000.00 25,000.00 25,000.00
3 Workshop and Laboratory NILL NILL 15,000.00
4 Library Fees 15,000.00 15,000.00 15,000.00
5 Medical 15,000.00 15,000.00 15,000.00
Sub-Total 440,000.00 450,000.00 480,000.00
6 Accommodation 70,000.00 70,000.00 70,000.00
510,000.00 520,000.00 550,000.00
7 Admission / Acceptance Processing fee (payable once and non-refundable) 35,000.00 35,000.00 35,000.00 (processing fee my asssssss)!
8 Caution (Payable once and refundable at the completion of the programme) 20,000.00 20,000.00 20,000.00
9 GST 101 Text Book 1,000.00 1,000.00 1,000.00

TOTAL 566,000.00 576,000.00 606,000.00

An what the heck is family forum?

C. ALL STUDENTS

Family Forum (Payable into Account stated below;
Bank Name: Intercontinental Bank Plc,
Account Name: Redeemers' University Family Forum
Account Number: 1501833518

Mind you the University was opened with Church Funds as you can sublimilay see from their about us/vision page

The Beginning

It has always been the desire of the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG) to make a positive impact of University education in Nigeria, convinced that University education can play a significant role in the social and technological development of a nation. The existence of Decree No 19. of 1984, which proscribed and banned the establishment and operation of private universities, prevented the realization of this desire.

However, the promulgation of a new Decree in 1993 by Federal Government opened the way for RCCG's involvement in university education. This decree allowed private individuals or organizations to establish universities in Nigeria, provided they meet the criteria laid down by the Federal government through the National Universities Commission.

The objective of the RCCG in initiating the University project is not only to increase the number of Nigerian youths seeking higher education, but also to arrest the decay in teh educational system, through appropriate training. This is in line with the vision of Pastor E. A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of RCCG for the Redeemer's University.

Pastor Adeboye longs for the return to the glorious days of mission schools, where students acquire high quality education with the fear of God and become useful citizens.

What the hell is wrong with Nigerian christians for God's sake? At every holy ghost or whatever service, you see poor/middle class church members all cramped into each other, some even dieing and loosing possesions due to the chaotic nature of those gatherings.

These same poor members drop their 'widows mite' as tithe and offerings, and as christians they expect to be blessed, but by whom? God? is he going to bring his hand down from heaven and give you bread? is it not man that he uses to bless them?

Now these middle class/poor members send their children to federal universities and state universities where the fees are a lot cheaper but we know what these children go through in these universities; cultism, prostitution, exam malpractices, devious acts, hardship, doing business along with studies to make ends meet etc. None of them will even bother to send their children to THE CHURCH'S UNIVERSITY because they cannot afford it. Can't you see the Church is missing a very big mark here, and later we turn around to blame the government for the woes of our children. What if these Churches had stepped in a long while ago to give free tuition, open their arms to many of their poor/middle class member students and many they could admit, and then teach them the righteousness your Pastors brazenly preach on the pew now and then? Don't you think there will be a change at least? But instead you drive them away with crazy tuition fees.

Are you seeing the Hypocrisy here? Why even starting the church in the first place? Is the church not meant to be a place of succor for every one that finds shelter under it? when did it turn to a psychological clinic? was it the way it was back in the hey days?

Why will Adeboye and RCCG keep on taking poor/middle class member tithes and offering, the money they accumulated to build the university and her still using to run the university and turn around to deny their children free education? Are they only catering for the rich in that church?

Please dont talk about they giving hundreds of students scholarship because you can't give me proof. You cant give me nothing because if there was it would have been boldly addressed on the school's website. They don't even offer scholarship one bit because if they would, it should be on their website.

Hypocrites!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by babyboy3(m): 12:31pm On Mar 07, 2012

I would go a step further,  Every single student at that university should attend for free, or pay a small fee to maintain the institute,

I have read in the Bible where it says bring the tithes into my house, or sow into the house of the Lord or Ministry,

The question would be asked is the University the house of God?

How many souls would be saved in this university?

Is the University for believers only or those who have the ££$$?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 1:01pm On Mar 07, 2012
I dont see why churches shld keep going into the university business, it's not as if they wanna help the society by providing cheap and affordable higher education. So why the craze over universities?
Is that the calling? A church is supposed to concentrate on the business of soul winning, not university education.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Enice(m): 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2012
The question is: are they (the church) compiling a list of those that paid? If yes, then it is no longer voluntary but compulsory.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by crossman9(m): 12:44am On Mar 08, 2012
FXKing2012

are you a member of the redeemed church of God? grin grin grin grin grin

or are you a member of the Oyakhilome-nator crew
undecided undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed tongue
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Goshen360(m): 2:25am On Mar 08, 2012
FXKing2012:

I dont see why churches shld keep going into the university business, it's not as if they wanna help the society by providing cheap and affordable higher education. So why the craze over universities?
Is that the calling? A church is supposed to concentrate on the business of soul winning, not university education.

ON SPOT BROTHER.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Joagbaje(m): 4:13am On Mar 08, 2012
I dont see why churches shld keep going into the university business,

Why should you see it as buinessness .What if the motive was to have standard education as aginst the mess in our universities today where students buy results without getting an eduction. Apart from the strikes. We should always get to know motives before judging.

it's not as if they wanna help the society by providing cheap and affordable higher education. So why the craze over universities?

Why not find out the motive that drives their passion.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Nobody: 6:25am On Mar 08, 2012
Yeah right , like being a Christian university, students wont buy results and teachers would be content with their pay?

Building a school isnt bad. The fact that the fees are outrageous shows the churches are simply cashing in on the failure of government.

Just like Jesus getting the fishes and bread, blessing them, then selling it to the multitudes, (oops, i forgot, Jesus bin warehouse for Bethlehem)
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by Demainman1: 2:16pm On Mar 08, 2012
^^^^^^ grin
Jesus the Warehouse Manager. I wonder how much he made by flogging selling those bread and fish to the highest bidders!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2012
Joagbaje:

Why should you see it as buinessness .What if the motive was to have standard education as aginst the mess in our universities today [/b]where students buy results without getting an eduction. Apart from the strikes. We should always get to know motives before judging.

Why not find out the motive that drives their passion.

[b]Standard education that the poor and middle class not not afford. Tell me, who does that serve then?
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by dekung(m): 1:12pm On Mar 09, 2012
I wonder what would have been if the Missionaries of old who built and ran schools like St. Theresa's College, Loyola College etc had the same mind set that our homegrown missionaries have. Many of us would probably not have been educated because it would have been too expensive for our parents. I wonder why these churches could not donate and monitor/run infrastures or facilities like laboratories and equipment for teaching hospitals. Imagine how our education and healthcare would be impacted if these mega churches contribute N1billion each every year for these purpose. I said 1billion cos I know they can afford even more. If they really want to help they can set up accademic laboratories and run it for free for universities, they can donate expensive medical equipment to teaching hospitals and maintain them for those hospitals. On the contrary they would rather set up multi billion naira enterprises and call intervention in health care and education. Pity!
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by IdiAmin2(m): 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2012
diluminati:

You know everyone should have commonsense, i think you should get one too.

Have you taken a look at the fees structure of Reedemer's University http://www.run.edu.ng/fees.html?i2

What the F! so how many hundreds of students are on full scholarship and free tution considering this staggering amount of tuition? Mind you this is for returning students alone. Check out the Fresh ones!

An what the heck is family forum?

Mind you the University was opened with Church Funds as you can sublimilay see from their about us/vision page

What the hell is wrong with Nigerian christians for God's sake? At every holy ghost or whatever service, you see poor/middle class church members all cramped into each other, some even dieing and loosing possesions due to the chaotic nature of those gatherings.

These same poor members drop their 'widows mite' as tithe and offerings, and as christians they expect to be blessed, but by whom? God? is he going to bring his hand down from heaven and give you bread? is it not man that he uses to bless them?

Now these middle class/poor members send their children to federal universities and state universities where the fees are a lot cheaper but we know what these children go through in these universities; cultism, prostitution, exam malpractices, devious acts, hardship, doing business along with studies to make ends meet etc. None of them will even bother to send their children to THE CHURCH'S UNIVERSITY because they cannot afford it. Can't you see the Church is missing a very big mark here, and later we turn around to blame the government for the woes of our children. What if these Churches had stepped in a long while ago to give free tuition, open their arms to many of their poor/middle class member students and many they could admit, and then teach them the righteousness your Pastors brazenly preach on the pew now and then? Don't you think there will be a change at least? But instead you drive them away with crazy tuition fees.

Are you seeing the Hypocrisy here? Why even starting the church in the first place? Is the church not meant to be a place of succor for every one that finds shelter under it? when did it turn to a psychological clinic? was it the way it was back in the hey days?

Why will Adeboye and RCCG keep on taking poor/middle class member tithes and offering, the money they accumulated to build the university and her still using to run the university and turn around to deny their children free education? Are they only catering for the rich in that church?

Please dont talk about they giving hundreds of students scholarship because you can't give me proof. You cant give me nothing because if there was it would have been boldly addressed on the school's website. They don't even offer scholarship one bit because if they would, it should be on their website.

Hypocrites!

Good research and good points diluminati
But if you think you can get these points across to a brain-locked christian who is incapable of critical & analytical thinking, then you are standing on a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG TIN !!! FI LE !! grin grin
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by FXKing2012(m): 9:16pm On Mar 10, 2012
But the fact that pastor Adeboye remains very humble and he does not even accept most of the gifts given him makes me like and respect him so so much.
Re: Rccg Asks Every Family In The Church To Donate #50,000 To Support University by thehomer: 9:57pm On Mar 10, 2012
Hmm chop money.
I go chop your naira.

Does the jet need more money for fuel with the aviation fuel prices or isn't the approximately half a million naira fees enough to educate someone in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Pentecostal Church Verses The Catholic Church. / What Is Your Take On Couples Who Attend Different Churches? / You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.