Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

Understanding Benue! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Understanding Benue! (12151 Views)

Benue South Tribunal: David Mark In Court, Refuses To Enter Witness Box / Flooded Area In Benue State, From The Air / Pictures Of The Flood In Makurdi, Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2012
kokoA:

Throw more light on the above please.

To start with:

http://thenationonlineng.net/web2/articles/42199/1/Tiv-elders-task-Suswam-on-ministerial-nominee/Page1.html

And, Google can also help you. Thanks
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
As long as the Tiv live, they will not, in general, support an Idoma to be the governor of Benue State. Gov G. Suswam has been nice to Idoma because his wife is an Idoma.
Akume, the Gov before Suswam practically emasculated the Idoma and set them up against one another at the flimsiest political opportunity; all in a bid to keep them divided.
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos: As long as Tiv lives, they will not, in general, support an Idoma to be the governor of Benue State. Gov G. Suswam has been nice to Idoma because his wife is an Idoma.
Akume, the Gov before Suswam practically emasculated the Idoma and set them up against one another at the flimsiest political opportunity; all in a bid to keep them divided.

what has all this crap you spew got to do with the topic? educate yourself well before you come online posting rubbish. SUSWAM'S WIFE IS YORUBA (YEMISI SUSWAM)
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:11pm On Apr 03, 2012
The Tiv through their numerical strength, have not abdicated their interest to continue to dominate.

The point here is that the Idoma have not had a fair deal, and are not likely to have in the nearest future within Benue State as it is known today

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/37179/1/benue-2011-when-will-the-idoma-rule.html
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:13pm On Apr 03, 2012
Alhaji Usman Abubakar versus David Mark (both Idomas)
Lawrence Onoja versus David Mark (Both Idomas)

Two deadly political conflicts that have the fingerprint of Tiv in them; a bid to cause Idoma internecine infighting that is needed to keep Tiv in power forever.
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
torkaka:

what has all this crap you spew got to do with the topic? educate yourself well before you come online posting rubbish. SUSWAM'S WIFE IS YORUBA (YEMISI SUSWAM)

What do you know?
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos: Alhaji Usman Abubakar versus David Mark (both Idomas)
Lawrence Onoja versus David Mark (Both Idomas)

Two deadly political conflicts that have the fingerprint of Tiv in them; a bid to cause Idoma internecine infighting that is needed to keep Tiv in power forever.

this man you are so daft! zone c in benue is dominated by idomas so of course it will be idomas contesting against themselves for a senate sit. are you this dull?
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos:

''Educated'' man, her full name is Dooshima Yemisi Suswam? Is she really a Yoruba?

you must be the biggest f.ool on nairaland. the name "dooshima" is tiv given to her when she got married to suswam a tiv man (a normal tiv practice). arc. yemisi dooshima suswam is yoruba from osun state! since you are doing a lot of googling why don't you google that!
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:27pm On Apr 03, 2012
torkaka:

this man you are so daft! zone c in benue is dominated by idomas so of course it will be idomas contesting against themselves for a senate sit. are you this dull?

You need to develop a more than cursory mind
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos:

You eternal ignoramus, before I engage you further, prove to me that Yemisi is a Yoruba woman. After then you can start posting your gibberish.

olodo! the name "dooshima" you used claiming she is idoma is even a tiv name! dooshima means beauty in tiv language!
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:32pm On Apr 03, 2012
There is no love lost between Mark and Akume in the Senate
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:36pm On Apr 03, 2012
Tiv people instigating wahala in Idomaland

''In a telephone interview with Daily Sun, Director, Media and Publicity, General Lawrence Onoja Campaign organization, Hon. Adoka Adaji said Onoja’s camp is not worried by Governor Suswam’s endorsement of Senator Mark.

He maintained that though Suswam is the Governor of the state, he cannot choose who becomes the next Senator for the Benue South Senatorial District pointing out that the responsibility of deciding who is the senator for the zone lies exclusively with the Idoma people.
Adaji opined that 80 percent of those who attended Senator Matk’s declaration have no voting rights in the zone, since they are not from Idoma land and urged Onoja’s supporters not to be deterred by the endorsement.''

http://newnigerianpolitics.com/2010/12/22/ripples-of-mark%E2%80%99s-endorsement-by-suswam/?calendar=2011-06
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2012
this nanos guy i will like to know the level of your education.
george akume is acn from benue
david mark is pdp from benue
george akume is senate minority leader
david mark is senate president.

so why would't they be rivalry?
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
opinion

Abuja — To many political observers, the contest to the Senate Presidency which saw ex-Governor George Akume in a pitched battle with Senator David Mark was an enactment of the age-old rivalry of political supremacy between the Tiv and the Idoma.

So much has been written and discussed on why ex-Governor George Akume should challenge his own state's man, Brigadier-General David Mark for the position that a repeat would not add anything new to the controversy.

For more (if you have subscription)http://allafrica.com/stories/200707060430.html
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 7:48pm On Apr 03, 2012
I have no axe to grind in Benue local politics, but no one should come here bragging that there are no problems in Benue State. I am done.
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos: I have no axe to grind in Benue local politics, but no one should come here bragging that there are no problems in Benue State. I am done.

you have exposed yourself as one of the most dullest persons on nairaland.
the topic is talking about how benue looks more southern than northern and not local "political" rivalries between tiv and idoma! you have succeded in exposing your intellectual level. no one is concerned whether idoma is governor or tiv is governor.thats not what the topic is about. they're political rivalries in every state in the country! its either ogoja wanting to be governor in cross rivers or the calabar insisting on it, either itsekiri and uhrobo in delta etc. like i said earlier,i want to know your educational level cause you don't seem to comprehend when you read! what has this topic got to do with the junk you posted?
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 8:09pm On Apr 03, 2012
torkaka:

you have exposed yourself as one of the most dullest persons on nairaland.
the topic is talking about how benue [/b]looks more southern than northern and not local "political" rivalries between [b]tiv and idoma! you have succeded in exposing your intellectual level. no [/b]one is concerned whether [b]idoma is governor or tiv is governor.thats not what the topic is about. they're political rivalries in every state in the country! its either ogoja wanting to be governor in cross rivers or the calabar insisting on it, either itsekiri and uhrobo in delta etc. like i said earlier,i want to know your educational level cause you don't seem to comprehend when you read! what has this topic got to do with the junk you posted?

In a statement of just six lines, you made near-uncountable grammatical blunders that I have highlighted for you. You are a thorough-bred illiterate. Now run along and converse with your mates.
Re: Understanding Benue! by DRANOEL(m): 8:15pm On Apr 03, 2012
@nanos
did you go through the thread before posting all you just posted? they are political rivalries in every state in nigeria,this thread wasn't talking about that. sometimes its good to enlighten yourself properly before making a fool of yourself. theres never been an ethnic clash between tiv and idoma. its just politics of appointments and positions like every other state.
did you go to school at all? go back and read the first post and don't bother us with your trash.
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 8:20pm On Apr 03, 2012
DRANOEL: @nanos
did you go through the thread before posting all you just posted? they are political rivalries in every state in nigeria,this thread wasn't talking about that. sometimes its good to enlighten yourself properly before making a fool of yourself. theres never been an ethnic clash between tiv and idoma. its just politics of appointments and positions like every other state.
did you go to school at all? go back and read the first post and don't bother us with your trash.

No, I did not go to school, but am literate enough to write far better than you ever will do (as highlighted). I am persuaded to believe you are the same person as torkaka. BS.
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos:

In a statement of just six lines, you made near-uncountable grammatical blunders that I have highlighted for you. You are a thorough-bred illiterate. Now run along and converse with your mates.

in an era where people use phones and smartphones to type,check out the errors you picked out! LMFAO!

comprehension,thats what you don't understand!
i ask you again what has the topic got to do with the garbage you posted replying? dumbo olodo!
Re: Understanding Benue! by Chyz2: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos: As long as the Tiv live, they will not, in general, support an Idoma to be the governor of Benue State. Gov G. Suswam has been nice to Idoma because his wife is an Idoma.

You are wrong. Suswam's wife is yoruba. Her name is Yemisi Suswam.
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
oh! i am now dranoel? stupi.d fool,you should know that people use blackberries,smartphones etc. why don't you look for spellings mumu.
dude comprehension is when you read something,comprehend it and respond based on what you read! thats f9 english for you!
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 8:28pm On Apr 03, 2012
DRANOEL: @nanos
theres never been an ethnic clash between tiv and idoma. its just

Tiv versus Igede (Idoma). Page 6.

http://www.actionaid.org/sites/files/actionaid/middle_belt1.pdf
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2012
Chyz*:

You are wrong. Suswam's wife is yoruba. Her name is Yemisi Suswam.

very soon the f.ool will say i am chyz*
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 8:31pm On Apr 03, 2012
torkaka: oh! i am now dranoel? stupi.d fool,you should know that people use blackberries,smartphones etc. why don't you look for spellings mumu.
dude comprehension is when you read something,comprehend it and respond based on what you read! thats f9 english for you!

Eternal illiterate. It must be only you and dranoel using smartphones.
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos:

Tiv versus Igede (Idoma). Page 6.

http://www.actionaid.org/sites/files/actionaid/middle_belt1.pdf

yet another blunder! idomas are different from igede
Re: Understanding Benue! by nanos: 8:42pm On Apr 03, 2012
''Igede is an [b]Idomoid [/b]language spoken in Benue State and Cross River State, Nigeria, by 250,000 people.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igede_language
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 03, 2012
nanos: ''Igede is an [b]Idomoid [/b]language spoken in Benue State and Cross River State, Nigeria, by 250,000 people.''

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igede_language
we still have people on nairaland using wiki as reference? LMFAO

you don't even know the difference between political rivalries and ethnic clashes. all the irrelevant info you plugged from google doesn't support your assertion of ethnic instability (thats if you know the difference btw political rivalry and ethnic clashes) neither does it support what the "topic" is talking about!
you were just in a hurry to discredit benue without really knowing what was being discussed hence the thrash that yemisi dooshima suswam is idoma and the garbage that onoja(idoma) is being encouraged to stand against mark (idoma) by the tiv. smart guy who do you expect to be mark's opponent in benue zone c an idoma dominated zone? a tiv a man? educated illiterate using google and wiki for the first time.
Re: Understanding Benue! by kokoA(m): 12:09am On Apr 04, 2012
Who is that talking rubbish about my beloved state? Nanos or whatever you call yourself,let me educate you; there is no bad blood between tivs and idomas in Benue state secondly Governor sesuawam's wife is a yoruba lady (yemisi) and not idoma like you claim. Thirdly, benue has 2 ministers in the FEC namely mr. Abah moro (minister of internal affairs) who is a senior minister of idoma origin and mr. Samuel ortum (minister of state for trade and investment) who is a junior minister of tiv origin so where is the tiv dominance that you claim? Also, in the senate, David Mark is idoma and senate president, george akume is tiv and minority leader (ACN). To show you how welcoming we are, we have an ACN senator, members of house of rep and state house of assembly in a PDP dominated state. Another big lie you want Nairalanders to believe is you said igede is thesame as idoma, that is a very mighty lie sir. Benue is a peaceful state witha very healthy rivalry between the ethnic groups. The tivs are very hospitable people likewise the idomas and igedes. These ethnic groups intermarry, we also welcome wives from other ethnic groups with open arms thats why you can see that our first lady is a yoruba from osun. Our people are mainly subsistence farmers and we are happy to live our quiet lives even though we don't have much. Next time do your research well before you come here to display your ignorance ok?
Re: Understanding Benue! by aninibinladen1(m): 12:27am On Apr 04, 2012
nanos: Benue is one of the states that will implode should Nigeria divide. There is ABSOLUTELY no love lost between the Tiv (land grabbers and local oppressors) and the Idoma people.

Please ask the Senate president (an Idoma) to describe the TIV for you.

BENUE WILL IMPLODE HOW? All you have posted after this silly statement has to do with internal political supremacy rift between TIV and IDOMA. If you are Nigerian you should know that all states in the country have 3 senatorial zones with each zone struggling for political supremacy,is that what constitutes a state on the verge of implosion to you? Benue is not evenly split between muslims and christians neither are their aspirations different, so where does your implosion theory come in? If by your logic that Benue will implode because the TIVS have always dominated the political arena then KOGI will also implode since igallas dominate, CROSS RIVER will also implode since the ogoja man has not seen the governoship,DELTA will also implode since the igbos have not seen the governorship. Even with their political disagreements the TIVS and IDOMAS have managed to live together in peace with no known major ethnic FRACAS. That should be commendable,tolerance at play. I find it totally disrepectful to Benue people who have managed to live at peace with each other for some one to run around the internet trying to create an illusion of some sort of ETHNIC war between the TIVS and IDOMAS. We all know the IDOMAS have been looking for APA state just like every other damn tribe looking for a STATE of their own. HABA OGA! look at the things you posted ; YOu started by posting the non important fulani herdsmen issues which affects most of nigeria not just Benue. Then you jumped to Akume contesting against Mark for the senate prsidency sit. so what? How many igbos fought against themselves for the sit of senate president under Obasanjo? is igbo land going to implode too? Then you went to TIVS instigating other IDOMAS to stand against Mark. Thats a highly irresponsible write up, Benue zone 'c' is made up of mostly (about 80%) idomas , who do you expect to stand against Mark? a yoruba man? People have already corrected your ignorance on the ethnic nationality of Suswam's wife so i wouldn't bother going there.
And last word my friend, most you spread HATE? this thread was based on the wrong insinuation that Benue is culturally & historically more northern than southern and a southerners(me) different view on getting there and studying the people. HOW HAS IT NOW TURNED TO AN IDOMA VS TIV WAR?
Re: Understanding Benue! by Nobody: 1:27am On Apr 04, 2012
the fool(nano) has gone ahead to start a new thread on how middle beltans look like hausa fulani and as usual goofed!.

1. the pictuere you posted of tiv people (the one with dariye) well sorry to disappoint you but theres no benue man in that picture. in the said pic is dariye,haruna abubakar and some plateau state politicians.

2. babangida is hausa from minna (and not gwari or nupe as always erroneously assumed). abubakar is also hausa from minna. suffice to say minna is actually a hausa settlement though niger state is dominated by nupe

you mentioned danjuma and jerry useni being part of bad rulers that ruined nigeria, well i agree with you but so was mike ahigbe,augustus aikhomu,mobolaji johnson,ike nwachukwu,diya,adisa, and lots more!

and nanos or whatever you are called, i am not middle beltan
Re: Understanding Benue! by Wizcollifa(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2014
Bluetooth2:

Benue people are northern because of the long time cultural affinity that has existed between the north central and the core north.When it comes to protecting the interesting of the north,you will see all of them coming together to form an alliance but when boko haram strikes,you will see them discriminating themselves.A tiv or idoma is more likely to understand hausa language and their way of life than yoruba,ijaw or ibo culture.The people of north central nigeria should better wake up and live with their destiny.Always north,forever a north.Btw,why do benue women like meat,small stout and intimacy so much ? I'm talking from experience ni o.
that is Tiv girls for you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Tension As APC Plans Primary For Aspirants / INEC Announces Dates For Ekiti, Osun Governorship Elections / Marketers Shutting Down Due To High Petrol Price —DAPPMAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.