Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,102 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate (6203 Views)

Billboard War In Lagos As PDP Candidate Clips Campaign Advert With APC- Pictured / Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC / Assault: Benin Monarch Curses Task Force Chief! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by stpat1(m): 7:19pm On Mar 07, 2012
you guys are mumus, you should realise that he is human and he has applied wisdom by saying God should give the state a governor that will take the state to greater heights
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by cheikh: 7:22pm On Mar 07, 2012
PhysicsQED
What happened is the perfect example of remaining politically neutral. If he had given them his blessing, I have no doubt that they would have tried to spin it to make it seem like they had a special royal endorsement. That's how politicians are.

@^^Gbam!!! It appears that Nigerians find it very difficult to appreciate and understand their own local[b] institutions[/b] yet we would gladly acknowledge the pompous British Royalty and their role in their society as if they are superior to our own older traditional Royal(OBA) institution. Inferiority complex will not kill us sad angry.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2012
In the next 20 Years there's no way for PDP in Edo. For what Igbinedion and his Father have done, their days are coming in Benin.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by dmainboss: 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2012
^^you still continue to get the whole thing wrong. How can PDP have a chance or why do they even need to have a chance when they have all moved to CAN and are chopping well?
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by davida222(m): 11:49pm On Mar 07, 2012
Am not from Nigeria, but i thnk d oba of benin, is stil the only king in africa stil respected by not only d queen of england but over here in the U.S long liv the king oba of benin.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by PhysicsQED(m): 9:04pm On Mar 08, 2012
dmainboss:

^^^You probably live in Lagos and know nothing of Nigeria. Donald Duke is the most visionary governor Nigeria has ever produced since Independence. If you dont know that, its your bad. That the present governor is farking it up is not his business. He has done his part. Calabar is about the most lovely place in Nigeria. Lagos is shyte were calabar is

What did anything I posted have to with Lagos?!

Lagos is not relevant to this thread and neither is Calabar.

PDP politicians decamping to ACN in Edo state has nothing to do with the fact that the response given (praying for a good governor for the state) was neutral and you're just spewing nonsense.

There's nothing to suggest even one person in the Benin palace is a member of ACN or inclined to ACN and there was no statement given in the OP's post to suggest support for ACN.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by AndreUweh(m): 9:43pm On Mar 08, 2012
The Oba of Benin-HRH Erediuwa has always intervened in Edo state politics. I can Remember how Gov Onyearugbulem suspended him because of this idiotic act.
The man should stay far away from Politics.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by PhysicsQED(m): 10:05pm On Mar 08, 2012
Andre Uweh:

The Oba of Benin-HRH Erediuwa has always intervened in Edo state politics.  I can Remember how Gov Onyearugbulem suspended him because of this idiotic act.

Some people are just so dumb and delusional. Case in point being the post above. Onyearugbulem was a slowpoke:

http://www.nigerdeltacongress.com/iarticles/igbo_culture_onyearugbulem_and_h.htm (not that I agree with the ethnic argument of the article, but the guy was clearly a fool, or else he would not go and insult someone (Chief Ajasin) nearly 50 years older than him to the man's face!)

Onyearugbum even tried to make the position of chairman of the council of traditional rulers rotational, which is absurd in a place where traditional hierarchy is taken seriously. That's why idiots (like Onyearugbum) shouldn't be in the position to interfere in matters they can't comprehend. And suspending any traditional ruler from a position on a council because of rumors and gossip that he prefers one candidate to another (Lucky Igbinedion)? Just idiotic.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by cheikh: 10:35pm On Mar 08, 2012
Andre Uweh
The Oba of Benin-HRH Erediuwa has always intervened in Edo state politics.  I can Remember how Gov Onyearugbulem suspended him because of this idiotic act.

@^^ Did Onyearugbulem really have that power let alone legitimacy in the traditional Benin affairs?. I guess he was being drunk and foolish as usual.
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by daroz(m): 2:30am On Mar 09, 2012
cheikh:

Andre Uweh

@^^ Did Onyearugbulem really have that power let alone legitimacy in the traditional Benin affairs?. I guess he was being drunk and foolish as usual.

And he got what he deserved angry angry angry
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by Demdem(m): 11:25am On Apr 20, 2012
Oba of Benin endorses Oshiomhole for second term[color=#000099][/color]

The Benin Monarch, Oba Erediauwa, yesterday endorsed Adams Oshiomhole for a second term in office ahead of the July 14 governorship election. Oba’s endorsement came when the governor led leaders of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) to the Palace to seek his blessings and support. According to the Oba who spoke through his top chiefs “One good term deserves another.”

The Oba in a prayer said through Chief Sam Igbe, the Iyase of Benin Kingdom told Oshiomhole to start celebrating.
“We will not reward good with evil. God will give you strength. The only way to thank you for what you have done is through our votes. Whoever wants to contest this election should come and say what he has done.”

Also praying on behalf of the Benin Monarch, Chief David Edebiri, the Esogban of Benin Kingdom, said he refused to be at the palace when the PDP candidate, Major General Charles Airhiavbere visited the palace because he did not want to pray for him.
Describing Oshiomhole as “Benin Candidate,” Chief Edebiri said it did not matter whether they were accused of being partisan.

“What is it about that we are involved in politics? The Oba of Benin is the embodiment of politics. We want to appreciate Oshiomhole by voting for him. I pronounce him our candidate. The oracle has spoken. Anybody who wants to go against the decision of the oracle should wait for the battle,” the Esogban said.

In his remark, the Oba said: “My chiefs have spoken through prayers. We are waiting to see what happens. Goodluck to you.”
Oshiomhole had earlier told the Oba that the World Bank has approved $100m grant for the Benin Storm Water project, adding that the World Bank representatives were happy with the level of work done.

“We will discreetly restructure Benin City so that during your reign, you will see a beautiful city. With your support, I will take Edo State to the next level” “We believe we will do better in our second term because we have a House of Assembly that is supportive. Even the international community has recognised out efforts,” he said.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/apr/20/national-20-04-2011-016.html
Re: Benin Monarch Refuses To Endorse Pdp Candidate by Mowire: 12:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
@dmainboss. Why are people like you bent on demonizing Tinubu? What record do you have to prove that Donald Duke perfomed better than Tinubu? Pls bring them up.
If only people can sit back and objectively review the emergence and acheivement of ACN, we will all appreciate what good Tinubu has done for Nigeria (not just SW). He may be a shrewd bizman but without his effort Nigeria would've become a hopeless 1-party (PDP) state today with no one to challenge anyone to perform well in govt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Confirms Troops Fled Mubi; Investigation Now Underway / APC PH Rally: Poor Crowd, Buhari Cuts Short Speech As Stadium Empties (pic) / Uyo And Lagos Compare And Contrast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.