Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,751 members, 7,844,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1009) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8223286 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (6960) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Prugee: 10:35am On Dec 22, 2015
ahnie:
@ma'am tchiwinnie n soonest,this TT injections,i didnt take any wen preggy with zino,reason bng that,i hav strong phobia for injections n drugs...even my drugs right from wen i was preggy,are stil with me...bulkloads of them.pls hope my skippin the tt routine wont hav any negativ effect on me n my barbie?
nobody is praying for d worst but pls do d rite tin see it as a lifeline im just like you I hate drugs but I can stand I million injections but I just have to take them.tcos ive seen a lady who died after delivery she had tetanus but didn't know. So its good to do d rite tin. Like me I got stung by scorpion at week 23 as at then I was lucky I had just taken tete injection so it was an advantage I was given just anti venom and was good to go.Dh was so bothered bt Doctor said the tete I took was an antidote. So u see. Its also good to use more dan one hospital to compare notes on medical treatment preferably one private one government. Trust me government hospital are good especially teaching hospitals its just d attitude of nurses and crowd most times that u have to deal wit.wow! Tink ive said enof.b4 I 4get Amen to all d prayers and congrats to our new moms.ive been on a long break from here Im back now . Been quite busy eversince still counting weeks though.proudly team march#2016#

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 10:44am On Dec 22, 2015
@ jennifer89 tnx ma'am for d mention.I'm doing great.May God put undiluted joy & laughter on ur lips as we step into d new year IJN
@ aim07 congrats on safe delivery.Godbless and keep ur baby.restwell,awaiting ur glorious bs

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:01am On Dec 22, 2015
maureensylvia:
pls I need urgent answer. mamas in d house pls help out

what percentage of blood (PCV) is enough or rather ok for a pregnant woman to have?
I was 37%thru out till i gave birth n my doctor said it was more than ok.
@ ahnie ,i took two shot of TT
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aleesha0815: 11:15am On Dec 22, 2015
Congratulations to all d latest moms....May God bless nd keep ur lo's
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by rofemiguwa(f): 11:35am On Dec 22, 2015
Abeg mk una reason my mata oo. I want to v a healthy journey. Ni ooo! I don't want stories that touch due to doctor forget or odr seme seme gist like dt.

Thank u all.
ahnie:
Compliment of the ceezins ma'am,when i was pregnant...i didnt take any tt injections,even-doe they asked us to filed in line,we were well educated abt it,but i'hav phobia for injections n drugs,and i neva took any.but the TT injections is very GOOD,sinc you have taken one,i guess you may have to take another before/after birthing your lo.pls other sabi mamas,come and reason this mama's marra.ccsoonest,tchiwinnie,amiable zaynie,missmalachi,firsttymum etc.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by missmalachi: 11:44am On Dec 22, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Abeg mk una reason my mata oo. I want to v a healthy journey. Ni ooo! I don't want stories that touch due to doctor forget or odr seme seme gist like dt.

Thank u all.
I only took TT injection twice, antimalaria once, scan at diff ìnterval same as pvc.the ultimate was my folic, calcium n fersolate dat i never missed for once.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Please am 20 wks gone. I have had jus one tetanus injection, and only folic acid and ferosoft blood tablets. No other medication has being given to me or multivitamins?
When did you have the TT? Is it less than 4wks ago? Shouldn't be more. Here's d TT protocol:
1st shot @ 16weeks or when you register or in your 2nd trimester
2nd shot, 4wks later
3rd shot, 6mths from 2nd shot
4th shot, 1yr from 3rd shot
5th shot, 1yr from 4th shot. That's all for life.
You may take booster dose 10yrs later.
As for your drugs, those are normal routine haematinics.
Have you had any fansidar or metaprim for IPT? You can ask them when you go for your next ANC. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by BritneyStacy: 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
xeexee1:
Alhamdulillah! Gave birth 2 a baby boi Started contractn arnd 12am cldnt sleep cldnt walk was managn quickly rushed 2d hospital arnd 4:30am as Allah will have it I came 2d hospital 8cm... bt already weak cldnt push but I poed oo at d end was given oxytocin 4 strength stil had episiotomy cos ma cervix ws tight.. wat more can I say Alhamdulillah... all d best 2d remaining #dec team#
Congratulations on your birthing. ...welcome baby!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 12:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
rofemiguwa:

Thank u all.
I don ansa u na.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Deezou(f): 12:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Sorry 4 not attending d prayer session yestaday,been fixing sum personal issues,may b next tym.

Congrats aim07 and xeexee1,may Allah keep and bless dem 4 u.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Apple19: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
Helloooo. Good to be here again. Congratulations to all the Mama Abioduns, may the good Lord protect them and make them grow from wisdom to strenght and be sources of happiness to your family.
And thanks all for the prayers said. Thy shall ascend to the throne of
Authority with mercy.

And my little prayers for us all is that:
EVERYTHING THAT REPRESENT FEAR IN OUR MINDS, THAT THE ENEMY/DEVIL MIGHT BE USING AGAINST US, BOTH DURING PREGNANCY AND THE DAYS OF OUR MIRACLES, LET THE MIGHTY HANDS OF GOD RAISE A STANDARD, AND SHIELD US FROM ALL EVIL IN JESUS CHRIST'S PRECIOUS NAME. AMEN.

To the remaining December mamas,it shall be easy for you, and we shall celebrate with you in Jesus name.

Abeg,.....my Back and waist (one leg O) wan break with aches and pains. I don tire for PCM. E nor dey even work again sef undecided

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 12:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
ahnie:
...ma'am ozycy how z baby dooyin?
Baby is fine and yours?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 1:05pm On Dec 22, 2015
missmalachi:

I only took TT injection twice, antimalaria once, scan at diff ìnterval same as pvc.the ultimate was my folic, calcium n fersolate dat i never missed for once.

Nne chop knuckle for not missing your drugs.
I wish to be like you when I grow up grin

6 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mompurity2: 1:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
Good day senior mamas, I don come again o with my questions o. I have been experiencing stomach pains (not cramps nor twinges o) for the past 3 days now, especially at night. I had to go to d scan centre today to be sure d emby is in the right position. By God's grace everything was fine( a sac ws seen) and I was asked to come bk in 2weeks to check d hrt beat.
My qstn nw is; is this stomach pain normal? Should I be worried, or is it part of the preggy package?
Thanks as I await ur responses.

Congratz @xeexee1. May your child bring to your home unending joy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kamotisha: 2:27pm On Dec 22, 2015
Aim07:
Alhamdullilah Robil Al amin, gave birth to my little princess at around 12.15am on Dec 22nd with smooth delivery though a bit painful, BS later.

Congratulations. Kisses to your princess. God bless and keep you and yours.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
My lil baby just clocked 6months on sunday,so can i go and take the first dose?...off record,abeg is the injection PAINFUL?are they gonna inject it on my Bumbum or shoulder?
tchiwinnie:
There s a schedule whr u tk 5 doses and u hv life coverage from d DX. U to one, then after 1 month, after 6months, after 1yr, after 1yr. U cld go wt this schedule and b sure to complete it cos any missed dose nullifies d others. In d meantym, if u hv an exposure to d DX, u tk ATS, as soon as possible. Ur baby has started receiving hers if she has started d penta inj. In ur subsequent pregnancy, try close ur eye tk am.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Congrats tu the moms that just popped out their sweet adorables,may almighty allah s.a.w provide the means to train n nurture them.allah akbar.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kamotisha: 2:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
xeexee1:
Alhamdulillah! Gave birth 2 a baby boi Started contractn arnd 12am cldnt sleep cldnt walk was managn quickly rushed 2d hospital arnd 4:30am as Allah will have it I came 2d hospital 8cm... bt already weak cldnt push but I poed oo at d end was given oxytocin 4 strength stil had episiotomy cos ma cervix ws tight.. wat more can I say Alhamdulillah... all d best 2d remaining #dec team#

Congratulations. That was a fast one! God bless and keep you and yours. Kisses to your LO.

In other news...Dec mamas don dey vex grin
To God be the glory!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ahnie: 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Babe how be thou...where you go hide put?tiwa mi da?se owa pa?
missmalachi:

I was 37%thru out till i gave birth n my doctor said it was more than ok.
@ ahnie ,i took two shot of TT
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 2:53pm On Dec 22, 2015
Good day mamas,

I'm so sorry I wasn't available on the night of the prayer. I will surely participate next Monday. So happy someone started it finally.

I say a very big and loud AMEN to all prayers said on that day.

Merry Christmas in advance to all of us and wishing us . Prosperous new year. Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Fabmummy: 2:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
xeexee1:
Congrats dear. May God watch over you and your LO
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
ahnie:
My lil baby just clocked 6months on sunday,so can i go and take the first dose?...off record,abeg is the injection PAINFUL?are they gonna inject it on my Bumbum or shoulder?

Very very painful o. Just like labour pains. And the shot will be on your upper lip right under your nose. Shior... cheesy

(Dancing) I'm taking my fifth and last shot by March tongue

Let me sha help you small. It's on the arm (shoulder). The pain is normal needle prick but it itches and aches after sometime. Though a little . The simple warning is that you shouldn't scratch it nor do anything to the site.
I think only the first shot does that though.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
rofemiguwa:
Please am 20 wks gone. I have had jus one tetanus injection, and only folic acid and ferosoft blood tablets. No other medication has being given to me or multivitamins?

Please am I getting the best from my doctor

Cc zaynie, ahnie etal

Yes you are.
Ask your Dr for the preventative malaria drugs at your next ANC
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
mompurity2:
Good day senior mamas, I don come again o with my questions o. I have been experiencing stomach pains (not cramps nor twinges o) for the past 3 days now, especially at night. I had to go to d scan centre today to be sure d emby is in the right position. By God's grace everything was fine( a sac ws seen) and I was asked to come bk in 2weeks to check d hrt beat.
My qstn nw is; is this stomach pain normal? Should I be worried, or is it part of the preggy package?
Thanks as I await ur responses.

Congratz @xeexee1. May your child bring to your home unending joy.

I don't know much o. But the one major thing I know in pregnancy is if pains persist seriously, one should see a doctor for examination o.

missmalachi. Wooooooooow. I'm sure you are the headmistress of those that take their drugs religiously. Your doctor must be proud of you aswearigawd.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
ahnie:

U r such a drama queen. Its on d shoulder. I hav taken 3shot already n I'm just 14wks gone. D first too were nt painful bt d last one I took last wk Friday, mehn! It was really painful. Until now I can't bring bring myself 2 feel ok on dat arm. Mind u, I fear both injection n drug pass u but 2 d sake of my baby, I mature by force.

@Dec mamas, congratulations 2 u guys. una ova try ooo. Only say pending BS too much.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 3:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Joysa:

Hmmmm, i was given metaprim(one weekly) & TT at 13wks..

Now am thinking.. was that appropriate

My Dr prescribed EVAMAL at 20 weeks buh the pharmacist refused to give me till I felt strong kicks. The drugs differ and I guess their mechanism will too. For example I took 3 doses of the drugs at a monthly interval. Yours is weekly.
For the TT, I really can't tell cos I never take mine on time, I always find a way to post myself. lipsrsealed
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 3:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
ginababy:

U r such a drama queen. Its on d shoulder. I hav taken 3shot already n I'm just 14wks gone. D first too were nt painful bt d last one I took last wk Friday, mehn! It was really painful. Until now I can't bring bring myself 2 feel ok on dat arm. Mind u, I fear both injection n drug pass u but 2 d sake of my baby, I mature by force.

@Dec mamas, congratulations 2 u guys. una ova try ooo. Only say pending BS too much.
3 shots in 14wks? TT?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
At 41 weeks 3 days I went for a scan and my baby was weighed to be 3.2 kg! My doctor requested for another scan from an independent source just to compare and be sure before I make a choice whether to be induced or have a cs. I had 2 more scans from diff places and both confirmed that my baby was big by giving 4.9 and 3.9 kg respectively. This was on Tuesday 24th Nov! My doctor then advised i should come the next day for a CS as he can't risk me going into labour as a ftm to birth a big baby.

I went home full of joy and in high spirit that by this time tomorrow I will have my son in my arms! Nobody in my house slept that night!
Early the next day me and my entourage hit the road in a convoy! ( a long awaited baby was arriving) We all arrived the hospital and I was checked in! A short while later a doctor came in and introduced himself has doc J. And that he will be standing in for doctor P(my doc) who recommended I come for a CS!
He looked at my file and said he will induce me as his gut is telling him to stick to the 3.2 weight the hospital gave me, and that he believes I can push a 3.2 thru!
As I've also desired to have a vaginal delivery I did not object and neither did my husband and come to think of it I wonder why he didn't follow the advice by my doc which was stated in my file.
He immediately inserted a half tablet inside me (I saw him break it in 2) that process is more uncomfortable than painful!
He has not finished removing his gloves when I
Suddenly felt this wicked contraction! It did not start small o! The pain just went thru the roof and I was screaming!!! I can endure pain so my family seeing me in that state knew sumtin was very very wrong!!!
Come and see commotion everywhere! I was shouting remove it remove it!
The doctor quickly inserted his hands inside me (the pain ehen?) "searching" for the tablet but it has already dissolved! As he brought his hands out I could feel a gush of liquid coming out of me , I thought my water has broken but as I looked at the doctor I saw blood all over him! I passed out.
According to my DH, I was immediately wheeled into the theatre! When my mum saw me with blood oozing out of me and unconscious, she too passed out! Then followed by my mother in law.

My beautiful son was brought out not long after, it was me that took 5hrs to come out.
When i finally awoke the first person I asked of was my 2yr old nephew Izuchukwu!! As I came to, his voice was what I heard calling me "aunty thiweh" I thought he was there.
When my baby was brought to me I just couldn't hold back the tears! The emotion was overwhelming and I cried and cried! Everyone in the room was crying and praising God all at once.
Three days later I farted and was able to eat and drink, and on the fifth day we were discharged only to be readmitted 24hrs later due to a bacteria infection and we are still in the hospital!!!!

I may not be able to write about this illness cos its now a court case ( not my wish)and until a ruling has been made I can't make the details of it public yet!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 22, 2015
My father in law sued the hospital for negligence and endangerment! Because I got a Nosocomial (hospital acquired infection) while there, I've lost a sizeable amount of flesh on my stomach and will be requiring plastic surgery in the future to cover up the scars! Unfortunately too my womb was affected and had to be removed.

In all I bless God!! I'm forever indebted to Him for making me a mother, it almost cost me my life but for my son I will go thru this over and over again.
Please don't quote me I intend deleting this piece soon, here's a picture of my stomach when the bacteria started eating, now the hole is wider than this but its healing.
VIEWER BEWARE

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aim07(f): 4:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
My BS goes thus:
earlier yesterday, I had inconsistent contractns but prepared myself to go to office. my edd is DEC 20 and 22, d contractn kept coming BT stopd at a time. I left office around 4pm, got home and d contraction started again, i managd to prepare amala, ate small nd fed my child. I later called my Dr and explained ao I was feeling, den my contractions were like 10 mins apart. waited for dh to arrive and headed for hospital around 9.15pm. At ard 11pm, it became stronger, vomited once. went to d labour room around 11.30 and gave birth around 12.15am with little tear. no inductn., pushed for just 3 times before my lil came out weighing 2.9kg. bs done finish, follow me tank God...

51 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nutigal: 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
@Chinwendym, We thank God for your life. The devil has indeed lost d battle. All will be well.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 4:25pm On Dec 22, 2015
tchiwinnie:
3 shots in 14wks? TT?

Yes ooo. At intervals of one mnth. Bt afta hearing frm u guys, I hav bn questioning if I've nt bn given ova dose even. Bt no fears at all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1006) (1007) (1008) (1009) (1010) (1011) (1012) ... (6960) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.