Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1024) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8158583 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 4:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
tchiwinnie:

@tatacherie, Pele o teamie. How re u. Wen ur b.reasts re sucked, oxytocin s released and dis causes contractions. Is it still on? Pele. Like joke like joke we re almost there. Baby can come anytime from nw since u re up to 37wks. In fact more kpekusing plus walks. Jisike.
All Jan mamas God has perfected all dat concerns us.
Thanks Ma'am.infact I forgot it was mentioned here dat tip stimulation induces labour,I was busy flexing wen d pains set in.it has stopped,didn't find any pains wen I woke up this morning.Amen to the prayer,God will do it for us all to d Glory of his name alone. Ermm..1 question pls..wen is d right time to apply for maternity leave since am 37 weeks gone already? Is it 2 weeks to EDD or
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 4:43pm On Dec 27, 2015
tatacherie:

Thanks Ma'am.infact I forgot it was mentioned here dat tip stimulation induces labour,I was busy flexing wen d pains set in.it has stopped,didn't find any pains wen I woke up this morning.Amen to the prayer,God will do it for us all to d Glory of his name alone. Ermm..1 question pls..wen is d right time to apply for maternity leave since am 37 weeks gone already? Is it 2 weeks to EDD or

It sha depends on ur office rules, in mine, ur application has to come in not later than 2months to EDD n d leave will start a month to d EDD, making a total of 4months as maternity leave. So if urs allows u to stay very close to delivery, a week wil b fine.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nnetriplet: 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
beedam:

Are you carrying multiple babies?

I will advise you hold on sis. I took just a spoonful at 41weeks even though I won't advise anyone to use it because the labour came suddenly with full force and it happened almost immediately I took it.

I couldn't control myself that I started pushing when the whole hospital workers and my people were called in to beg me to stop pushing. Did you read my BS? I gave birth in the **labour ward** instead of labour room. Why? Because I couldn't control myself, I was pushing seriously at 4cm. The whole floor was filled with blood.

It was too much that the doctors asked if i used something. **i didn't confess**

Lastly,after I ve given birth, the doctor advised me to opt for CS next time if I know I won't listen to simple instructions because I could have tore my womb shocked assuming my baby is big** he weighed 2.4**.

I was lucky everyone concentrated on me because I was the only one in the labour ward that night at MCC Gbaja ( imagine, for general hospital even though like 10 people came the same time after I ve given birth) if not something else could have happened.

I'm not saying all the above to scare you, but to advise you to hold on. You are almost there.

Ok tanx, pls can u repost ur BS for me, please and please, tanx
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 5:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
@ Mitchyy av bin taking the prenatal drug, but I stopped taking it. Am also Due by July.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Hello Mamas in the house. I gave birth to an xmas baby at 34 weeks+ via emergency cs. Ported from 2nd Feb to Dec 25th at 2am. "Get ready. I'm delivering the baby tonight" After going through placenta previa with four bleeds, fibroid, pre term labour at 24 weeks, several bouts of malaria, high BP, pre-eclampsia and almost 5 months on bed rest, I was somewhat scared but relieved. When she was brought out, the umbilical cord was tied twice around her neck.
Alhamdullilah! She's a small baby at 2.2kg but Alhamdullilah.
I wish all the other mamas safe delivery.
She just came out of ICU today.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by christybabe(f): 5:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
av also gone for scan and everything is perfect, they even took a pics of my tiny baby, I was so joyous. #Teamjuly# for supernatural birth.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by blessedtwins: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
Faithisallihave congrats,ori e a kan oke .she is our second xmas day baby.i had also had a preemie at 34weeks and she weighed 2.2 too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Congrats mama. Porting is allowed. May your Lo bring joy to your home.

faithisallihave:
Hello Mamas in the house. I gave birth to an xmas baby at 34 weeks+ via emergency cs. Ported from 2nd Feb to Dec 25th at 2am. "Get ready. I'm delivering the baby tonight" After going through placenta previa with four bleeds, fibroid, pre term labour at 24 weeks, several bouts of malaria, high BP and almost 5 months on bed rest, I was somewhat scared but relieved.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 5:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Congratulations 2 mamasy n faithisallihave...may ur los bring joy 2 ur household.Amen

Welcome onboard 2 all d newbies,may ur stay be fruitful...

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Gaily04(f): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
faithisallihave:
Hello Mamas in the house. I gave birth to an xmas baby at 34 weeks+ via emergency cs. Ported from 2nd Feb to Dec 25th at 2am. "Get ready. I'm delivering the baby tonight" After going through placenta previa with four bleeds, fibroid, pre term labour at 24 weeks, several bouts of malaria, high BP and almost 5 months on bed rest, I was somewhat scared but relieved.

Congrats ma'am. It is well with you, God bless your LO.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 5:56pm On Dec 27, 2015
Nnetriplet:

Ok tanx, pls can u repost ur BS for me, please and please, tanx

You gave me a serious work. Just found it now.

Click on my moniker, then my posts, go to page 19 for Episode one and page 18 for episode two titled " in the hospital "

Happy reading!

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 27, 2015
Tchiwinie, thanks for the response. You don't talk about my feelings, back pain and abdominal pain on and off. No mind me, have read it's normal and am OK now. How the pushing?

Congrats mamasy. Nice birth story.

@Beedam, you mean castol oil can induce labor?

OK, am writing down all am leaning here.

Hmmm, am team may but favorgail, put me for team April. Wanna port.

Have not started buying o. Just what I bought when we traveled. We are planning January and February God willing.

Please somebody post list again for us.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
faithisallihave:

Congratulations to you madam.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
faithisallihave:

Congratulations to you madam

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
@tatacherie, good to know u re fyn. For d mat leave, d ideal thing s actually 28days b4 ur EDD. Bt sm pple move theirs to very close to their EDD so they can stay longer after putting to birth. So find out wot d rule is at ur work place. And also consider how strong or nt u re.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tchiwinnie: 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
@olubankemi, sorry o. D pains may actually b stressed induced. How far gone re u?
@Congrats faithisallihave. God bless ur lo.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
Congrats faithisallihave.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2015
christybabe:
av also gone for scan and everything is perfect, they even took a pics of my tiny baby, I was so joyous. #Teamjuly# for supernatural birth.

Awesome! Just continue with your prenatals and don't stop. Baby is developing speedily now. It needs all the vitamins.

#teamjuly repping... smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
tchiwinnie:
@olubankemi, sorry o. D pains may actually b stressed induced. How far gone re u?
@Congrats faithisallihave. God bless ur lo.

20weeks plus. Am Iyabeji. Noticed I have started eating like no man business. Not heavy food but I always want to eat every 30mins.

Don't want this to continue o, I no wan blow out too much. Want to maintain size 12. Hope I can control my eating eating?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Drama queen

beedam:
As I promised to give you the concluding part today. Sit down and relax while u read.

IN THE HOSPITAL

On getting to the hospital around 12:30,i was in serious pain. I was checked and the nurse said I'm 4cm gone. That was when I knew I was in trouble. The pain was unbearable that I couldn't lie down. The nurses were shouting on me never to get down from the bed.(see me see wahala,how person wey dey feel pain go lie down ). As a sharp lady,I lied that I want to poo and after several visits,she got me a potty that I should do it right beside my bed.(she caught me cry)

At 4cm,i began to push and the doctor and nurses advised me not to because it's not yet time. i wanted to pull down the hospital and I begged them to do CS for me but no one listened. That was when all the pain I was feeling turn to power. I stood up on my feet and started pushing real hard. The nurses called the doctor and the 5 of them couldn't get me back on the bed. Then the doctor sent for the people that brought me.

My sister came and she was told to ask me to get on the bed,for where I no answer. My neighbour too shouted at me but I stayed firm to the ground like rock. Then come and see beating,me no feel am sha o but I can see all of them raising their hand up and it landed on me but I dey feel am like paper weight. (If to say I fit catch my GM for office wey dey always act like superman this time,na to break into 2 remain) grin

Thank God I was the only one in the labour ward that night so I had enough hand to attend to me. Later the doctor started giving me injections and he asked me to lie down to check me and promised me that if it's not yet time I will be wheeled to the theatre. That was wen I laid down on the bed on my own. As the man dey wear glove,all of them hold me for bed,i know say if den see rope that night,na to tie me remain grin.

I didn't even allow the doctor to check me wen I started pushing again with FULL force,the man just said they should wheel me to the labour room but right there as I was pushing,my baby flew out of me. Thanks to the people who were holding me down cos one of them caught the baby make e no go fall for ground.

Immediately my baby came out my body calm down and my sister and neighbour ran out. The doctor and nurses just dey shake head for me. Me no send dem so far I no feel any pain again. The nurses carried the baby after dem detach am from me and the matron use one style to press my tummy and the placenta too came out. As I lay down like gentle lady dey look dem,na so dem dey put hand inside me say placenta remain small (I no hear well) after searching round dem see am finally. Come and see the whole bed full of blood. I didn't even enter labour room to deliver. The doctor said he had never done this kind of Job before (if a consultant in a general hospital can say this).

My body was cleaned and the doctor was so disappointed to see that I had tear because my baby weigh 2.4kg. He advised me never to try what I did again in my life because I could tear my womb sef. He said had it being the baby was big,we would have been saying another thing by now. He said next time if I know I can't tolerate pain,i should better opt for a CS rather than all the drama I performed.

Dem wheel me go labour room to sew my power house wey tear and that was how I started the journey into motherhood.

Lastly, as I was going to my bed and passed where the nurses dey,after thanking them,one now said jokingly that next year I will meet them here again na so the others reject am say they no pray to dey duty wen I wan deliver again.

To all the remaining pushing mamas,labour sweet so tey I no fit wait to get belle again wink. May God make yours smooth and easy. Amen.

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
Congrats @faithisallihave. Porting is always allowed as long as it ends in praise. Kisses to your LO kiss

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
How do I start the process of weaning my baby. He has started biting me because he has 5teeth now and the sixth is on the way.
Also,he is now 11 months, can he take Milo?

Urgent help needed!!!

Thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
olubankemi:
Tchiwinie, thanks for the response. You don't talk about my feelings, back pain and abdominal pain on and off. No mind me, have read it's normal and am OK now. How the pushing?

Congrats mamasy. Nice birth story.

@Beedam, you mean castol oil can induce labor?

OK, am writing down all am leaning here.

Hmmm, am team may but favorgail, put me for team April. Wanna port.

Have not started buying o. Just what I bought when we traveled. We are planning January and February God willing.

Please somebody post list again for us.

Thanks.

It works well for some people while it's dangerous for some.

For me, I used it once but i will never use it again!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
Thanks Lioha for the post.

Please Beedam, few questions for you, where you deliberately pushing or the pushing force came from within?

Two, why where they not happy you delivered on time? Was it cos you were not fully dilated?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beedam(f): 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
lioha:
Drama queen

I no believe say na me do all that grin

And the boy don dey bite me sef. He wants to remove my nipplee with his teeth. undecided
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
mamasy:
Hello mamas, remember my.mum said.she was having pains earlier today and some advised her to Visit d hospital, den she was sent back..
Well to cut the long story short, she headed back by 11pm as she didn't want to take chances... Lol and behold she was 4cm, den birthed at 1:02 am to a baby geh....

Say cheese.... Praise d lord...
To God be the glory. how's she doing?

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2015
beedam:

I no believe say na me do all that grin

And the boy don dey bite me sef. He wants to remove my nipplee with his teeth. undecided

Lol. Sorry about that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
beedam:

It works well for some people while it's dangerous for some.

For me, I used it once but i will never use it again!

Noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nnetriplet: 6:49pm On Dec 27, 2015
beedam:

You gave me a serious work. Just found it now.

Click on my moniker, then my posts, go to page 19 for Episode one and page 18 for episode two titled " in the hospital "

Happy reading!
Wheeew! Boy that was scary...I no know who I go say try pass weda na u or the hospital ppl abi na baby sef...thanks
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
olubankemi:

Have not started buying o.Please somebody post list again for us.

Thanks.

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore nipples (lanolin-based is best)

Formula feeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with nipples
6 eight-ounce bottles with nipples
Bottle and nipple brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
Diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2015
Other necessities
Infant carseat
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer
Eye dropper or medicine spoon
Medication in case of fever

Nice-to-have items
Playpen
Sling or baby carrier
Plastic hangers for closet
Sun shade for car windows
2 or 4 pacifiers (if you choose to use these)
Rattles and other baby toys
Play mat
Video baby monitor

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2015
@ mama tchiwinnie and gaily04 thanks a lot for d response.I will find out n apply ASAP as I now suspect its getting late already

(1) (2) (3) ... (1021) (1022) (1023) (1024) (1025) (1026) (1027) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.