Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1032) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8195890 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) ... (6959) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by nwarosa: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
iyomomo:

I think it means d uterus is clear of remains, but filled with blood . did u have a d&e?
No, I had a vaginal delivery. Wanted to check for retained products.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 2:05pm On Dec 30, 2015
RashMe:
mamas join me in celebrating my joy, my happiness, my pride, my love, God i love her pieces. Princess Riri s 7months old today, may u celebrate more years Insha Allahu

May d Lord continue 2 keep n protect her...Amen

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by goldmine(f): 2:18pm On Dec 30, 2015
Aleesha0815:
@missmalachi....how u doing ma'am.....Nd how's d holiday....Pls I have a question to ask u regarding d graco baby cot u posted sometimes ago....how durable is it ...Nd how soon will baby outgrown it....any challenges so far....sorry for my plenty kwesions o...trying to c if I can get d 2in1 type for my babies.....I love it's portability...it won't really take space in d room...or can any one suggest a good crib for twins....how do I go about it!!!!
cc @goldmine, @sayoberry...

Sorry I can't help on this issue. Had 3 babies before the twins. The twins presently sleep in separate cots which their older ones used.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by RashMe(f): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2015
Thanks for all d likes & comment mamas, we really appreciate. May God continue to bless & protect our LOs.... Stay blessed

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
Aleesha0815:
@missmalachi....how u doing ma'am.....Nd how's d holiday....Pls I have a question to ask u regarding d graco baby cot u posted sometimes ago....how durable is it ...Nd how soon will baby outgrown it....any challenges so far....sorry for my plenty kwesions o...trying to c if I can get d 2in1 type for my babies.....I love it's portability...it won't really take space in d room...or can any one suggest a good crib for twins....how do I go about it!!!!
cc @goldmine, @sayoberry...
I use graco travel lite with stages.
It's durable.
We have a wooden cot at home tho.. But I had to buy this and b using before I entered naija.... Since I wanted him to get use to sleeping on his own bed from birth ....And honestly it's been wonderful. I put the baby anywhere in d house especially when I want breeze. I'm not in phc yet... I'm in lag and it's been superb. It's just easy to move around...
And because it's with stages u can use for a while. No challenges so far.
At night I put net over it and it's sleep till morning.
The bed sheets for it is scarce because it's not a regular cot. The flannels I bought is what I use as bedsheet... Beautiful and it fits.

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aleesha0815: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2015
Ok...thanks a lot
goldmine:

Sorry I can't help on this issue. Had 3 babies before the twins. The twins presently sleep in separate cots which their older ones used.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Aleesha0815: 3:33pm On Dec 30, 2015
Wow....this sounds really cool....Will Google it nd c how it looks....Hope I will be able to get this in Naija......thanks a lot.
firsttymum:
I use graco travel lite with stages.
It's durable.
We have a wooden cot at home tho.. But I had to buy this and b using before I entered naija.... Since I wanted him to get use to sleeping on his own bed from birth ....And honestly it's been wonderful. I put the baby anywhere in d house especially when I want breeze. I'm not in phc yet... I'm in lag and it's been superb. It's just easy to move around...
And because it's with stages u can use for a while. No challenges so far.
At night I put net over it and it's sleep till morning.
The bed sheets for it is scarce because it's not a regular cot. The flannels I bought is what I use as bedsheet... Beautiful and it fits.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
mama in the house am getting depressed everyday ooo.i have been trying to fight this bleeding for a long time and its not just working.i have gone to a lot of obgyn in portharcout and they would be able to stop the bleeding for that time just for it to start the next week.i have been placed on duphostan and other hormonal injection too.funny enough they always tell me my baby is okay and its getting bigger by the day.am just worried to why i would be bleeding while am in my 18-19 weeks.so depressed.
they couldnt find any fibroid and my cervix is closed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 4:27pm On Dec 30, 2015
@ambient kpele ohh bt r u resting well?

@all pls alll those who experienced brown spotting hw did u tackle it.it started two weeks ago for a day then started yday.my doc keeps saying its nt an issue pls advice ohh
cc favoredgal tbaby4real nice14.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by firsttymum(f): 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2015
Aleesha0815:
Wow....this sounds really cool....Will Google it nd c how it looks....Hope I will be able to get this in Naija......thanks a lot.
yes u will. I think it's the same as d one u r describing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 4:38pm On Dec 30, 2015
Awww don't be depressed , its not good for your condition. I don't know much about the bleeding but have you been resting? You need to rest more often.
ambient:
mama in the house am getting depressed everyday ooo.i have been trying to fight this bleeding for a long time and its not just working.i have gone to a lot of obgyn in portharcout and they would be able to stop the bleeding for that time just for it to start the next week.i have been placed on duphostan and other hormonal injection too.funny enough they always tell me my baby is okay and its getting bigger by the day.am just worried to why i would be bleeding while am in my 18-19 weeks.so depressed.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kokolet007(f): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2015
Hello mama's in the house! I'm 3 month plus preg, have been having several symptoms to another, the problem I'm facing now is my tommy tightness it's feels hard and so uncomfortable. my antenatal will commence by January....... thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Zuriela: 5:32pm On Dec 30, 2015
ambient:

Then rest ur mind. Ur baby is doing fine. My Pastor will say it's excess blood ur body doesn't need that u are seeing grin
Someone bled all thru 9months and birthed a healthy baby. It is well with u.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by soonest(f): 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2015
@ ambient, sorry o! From your last scan what was the position of the placenta. Atimes very low lying placenta causes bleeding too. I guess your Drs have ruled that out. It's well
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
ambient:

I had bleeding issues too and the scan showed my cervix is closed, so i was placed on bed rest. I was seeing bright red blood and sometimes it'll even stain my legs before i rush to the toilet. But right now, i haven't bled for a month and i pray it stays that way.
Here are the dos and donts if you bleed:
-Strict bed rest for two weeks. Strict as in, you won't even see how your gate looks like. When they placed me on bed rest, i was still stubbornly moving about and the bleeding didn't stop until i obeyed dr orders.
-Never carry any heavy object. E.g Big kettle filled with water, bucket, waste bin, stool and the likes
- Get enough rest. Sleep as much as you can.

According to the dr, its threatened mc, so he asked me to be very careful. A friend who had similar issues, didnt listen to dr orders on the strict bed rest and sadly she lost her baby after bleeding non-stop.
Try these out and don't be depressed or anxious or even cry, trust me, it makes it worse.
If the bleeding is not also accompanied by stomach cramp, then your baby might be fine.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2015
iyomomo:

I think it means d uterus is clear of remains, but filled with blood . did u have a d&e?

please just want to know my wife is always feeling pains in the lower abdomen.is this normal cos she is two months preg now.
ur replies will be deeply appreciated .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2015
pls pls can anyone answer me?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2015
Iyabetajos:

Teamie, brown spotting in most cases is normal as long as it's not accompanied by stomach cramps. According to a dr, its probably old blood finding its way out. I think its nothing to worry about since it doesn't happen everyday. If it turns bright red, then you should be concerned. Just relax okay? smiley
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2015
excellence44:

please just want to know my wife is always feeling pains in the lower abdomen.is this normal cos she is two months preg now.

I don't really know much about this but most preggie mamas have stomach pain during pregnancy as a result of the uterus lining stretching. If it becomes unbearable then she should see her doctor asap.
Also remind her to avoid lying on her back or tummy. She should practice lying on her side, especially the left side to aid blood flow.

Other more experienced mamas can torchlight the matter for you. She'll be fine
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Iyabetajos(f): 7:08pm On Dec 30, 2015
mitchyy:

Teamie, brown spotting in most cases is normal as long as it's not accompanied by stomach cramps. According to a dr, its probably old blood finding its way out. I think its nothing to worry about since it doesn't happen everyday. If it turns bright red, then you should be concerned. Just relax okay? smiley

tnx maam.was even wondering if i should speak to my doc abt cyclogest bt am almost 12weeks im just lost
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by favoredgal: 7:09pm On Dec 30, 2015
Iyabetajos:
@ambient kpele ohh bt r u resting well?

@all pls alll those who experienced brown spotting hw did u tackle it.it started two weeks ago for a day then started yday.my doc keeps saying its nt an issue pls advice ohh
cc favoredgal tbaby4real nice14.
Are you still on progesterone?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cococandy(f): 7:11pm On Dec 30, 2015
I just can't keep up with this thread.

This is proof of how fast our population is increasing cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2015
Iyabetajos:

Sex can trigger brown spotting cos the cervix of a preggy woman is v.sensitive . It can also be old blood that is finding its way out.
It is usually not a cause for concern esp if it is not accompanied with cramps and if ectopic pregnancy has been ruled out with a scan.
You need to see your Dr if it turns deep red or gray.

Ambient, rest o..abeg.
As in bedrest. If you know you wont be able to rest at home, tell your Dr to give you bed in the hospital.
No superwoman things in pregnancy o, when you born you can resume your hustle wink
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by mitchyy(f): 7:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
Iyabetajos:

tnx maam.was even wondering if i should speak to my doc abt cyclogest bt am almost 12weeks im just lost

I really don't think you have an issue. Brown spotting that only happened for a day, and then reappeared in two weeks doesn't sound like an issue. You might be using a hammer to kill a fly by asking for medications. If your obgyn says its no problem, then just relax dear
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 7:16pm On Dec 30, 2015
excellence44:

As long as the pain is bearable, it is normal.
The womb is stretching for the job ahead. But if she spot too, you might want to see a Dr.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Hafsat24(f): 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2015
oyin3:
@Hafsat24
I'm not sure sleeping in a dark room with an infant is ideal! Maybe dimed light. Also, Babies are usually different.
OK dim it is..thanks plenty..would try it
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by kamotisha: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2015
Greetings mamas......
So I haf port to December o. My Prince Charming came this morning. Praise God with me...Mother and child are doing well.

As my BS no long, make I type am now

My EDD was 09th Jan. I went for antenatal yesterday and after series of scans, it was confirmed that my baby was big. I intended doing a VBAC as my last baby was born via CS. So scan showed baby weight as 4.1kg. My obygyn advised we book a CS and bring the baby out to avoid the risk of an emergency CS.
CS was done this morning and it was successful. Baby weight at birth was 3.8kg. To God be the glory. What a way to end the year grin

it ended in praise. We all shall testify.
Happy new year in advance sisters

46 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by JustCurious: 8:34pm On Dec 30, 2015
kamotisha:
Greetings mamas......
So I haf port to December o. My Prince Charming came this morning. Praise God with me...Mother and child are doing well.

My EDD was 09th Jan. I went for antenatal yesterday and after series of scans, it was confirmed that my baby was big. I intended doing a VBAC as my last baby was born via CS. So scan showed baby weight as 4.1kg. My obygyn advised we book a CS and bring the baby out to avoid the risk of an emergency CS.
CS was done this morning and it was successful. Baby weight at birth was 3.8kg. To God be the glory. What a way to end the year grin

Congrats kamotisha! And, congratulations in advance to all preggy mommas. May God see you through and be there for you at all times. Amen.

Congrats to newly inducted 'vigilante' mums. To ttc mums, we're celebrating with you in 2016! Happy New Year in Advance.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bumbex(f): 8:37pm On Dec 30, 2015
kamotisha and other beautiful mama's that has delivered......congrats to u all.

@all my beautiful mama's happy new year in advance.............my year of laughter..............2016

@prayer warriors mama GOD bless unna ooooo

running like usain bolt to read other pages..............eh eh eh I don miss dis thread 4 d past a week now............
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 30, 2015
Good evening all.

Ambient and Iyabetajos, really it's not a good signal to bleed however, not all bleeding lead to miscarriage.

Someone already said rest, as in strictly rest. No standing no letting. I experienced what it meant in the clinic I was admitted. You do all on the bed. Weeing, pooing, eating, bathing, all of it. I was tired of the nonsense too. Before I got discharged Dr had to talk to my husband to agree I won't be doing nada at home else I will stay more. I was there for 17days. And got another sick now to be off work again. I finished all my leave days and automatically applied for unpaid leave. My manager was understanding cos his wife too passed through it and he covered my unpaid for paid hence I was fully paid.

Get a good Dr to manage you well and listen to them than all you read online. I was offline for the period of the challenge cos if I do post my challenge or Google it, different opinions will be coming and I might be getting it wrong so I trusted him to do his job and I just praise on my part.

Ambient, don't get worked up, take a chill pill, relax, do no work. Get a sister who is hard working to do the house chores.

Watch movies, sleep, eat, laugh, praise, make your self happy.

My friend told me of how general hospital agege managed a patient who two months bed rest did not stop the bleeding. She had to leave work for the time. She bleed all through her pregnancy, as in using pad. Clinic tired and discharged her. She continued until she was 34weeks, they had to say Madam we are bringing the baby out. She had the baby and the baby remain the strongest among all her kids.

So, do not worry but no stress.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tatacherie: 9:14pm On Dec 30, 2015
kamotisha:
Greetings mamas......
My teammie congrats oooo thank God for safe delivery.God bless ur PC
#Teamjanuary4grace#
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lioha(f): 9:30pm On Dec 30, 2015
Congratulations

kamotisha:
Greetings mamas......

My EDD was 09th Jan. I went for antenatal yesterday and after series of scans, it was confirmed that my baby was big. I intended doing a VBAC as last baby was born via CS. So scan showed baby weight as 4.1kg. My obygyn advised we book a CS and bring the baby out to avoid the risk of an emergency CS.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1029) (1030) (1031) (1032) (1033) (1034) (1035) ... (6959) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.