Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,434 members, 7,815,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8142209 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (6955) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Tbaby4real(f): 8:06pm On Sep 27, 2013
@ Tobiegal oh thanks, it's good to know the pain are nothing to worry about.
@ Hummingbird please makesure you ask for help, you need to sleep too for you not to look stress. I can imagine stress you go thru taking care of them, twins fa..... God is your strength ooo my sister.
@Rukemi oh thanks I feel much better reading this now. Will sleep better tonight. Thanks so much, really appreciate it.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Eumaca: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2013
Pls can someone in her first trimester has lower abdominal pain with light bleeding still have a healthy pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 27, 2013
Talkin of gettin dark,hmmm, my neck is dark, my face is dark nd evn my bum is 3shades darker undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 28, 2013
Eumaca: Pls can someone in her first trimester has lower abdominal pain with light bleeding still have a healthy pregnancy?

Pls see a doctor o. Because of the bleeding.

@all black mamas, Lol. It seems i'm d only one with lighter skin. I think that's a compensation for my terrible morning sickness. grin
Please, bluedeville, can i use listerine mouthwash at this time? I have serious teeth ache in d mornings and was adviced to get Listerine Mouthwash. Mothers abeg, come to my rescue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 28, 2013
@Rukemi, me too o. I've been waiting to get darker but so far I'm getting lighter.
on the toothache, are you taking any calcium supplement?. Cos the baby uses up your calcium deposit and it could be what is responsible for the toothache.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 28, 2013
honey86: @Rukemi, me too o. I've been waiting to get darker but so far I'm getting lighter.
on the toothache, are you taking any calcium supplement?. Cos the baby uses up your calcium deposit and it could be what is responsible for the toothache.

I stopped taking drugs like last month. I just got tired. Maybe i have to resume again. Thanks. The painful teeth are the upper and lower molar at the left.

As for darkness, i pray we dont get darker o. This one some people are getting dark on the neck and bum bum sef. Hehehehehehehhe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by bsoda: 10:09am On Sep 28, 2013
Hello beautiful mamas! Hope you're all fine. I just want to contribute to d stretch mark matter o. I didn't have stretch marks through out my pregnancy. I was at 37 weeks before some stretch marks came out. Around my navel. I noticed the first lines when my belly started feeling very taut, started applying shea butter like crazy. Few more still came out despite my efforts, they're faint tho. So I guess it's more about skin types though. I was using Jergens as my normal cream during my pregnancy.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 28, 2013
Rukemi291:

Pls see a doctor o. Because of the bleeding.

@all black mamas, Lol. It seems i'm d only one with lighter skin. I think that's a compensation for my terrible morning sickness. grin
Please, bluedeville, can i use listerine mouthwash at this time? I have serious teeth ache in d mornings and was adviced to get Listerine Mouthwash. Mothers abeg, come to my rescue.
Listerine mouthwash is safe in pregnancy,as long as you don't swallow but the thing is, in pregnancy, your tooth and gums get more sensitive and you know Listerine burns, so it might be more uncomfortable to use. As long as it doesn't burn you too much you're fine. But to manage my toothaches and bleeding, what I did was get the softest toothbrush possible, I also use this toothpaste that contains liquid calcium Enamel care , Also (oral B) pro health mouthwash is also not as harsh as Listerine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 28, 2013
^ Thank you much. Will see if i can get the toothpaste. I bought the listerine MW yesterday, but was scared cos i saw it has alcohol and i've never used it. If i try it and it burns badly, i will stop and get the Oral B one. I appreciate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 4:55pm On Sep 28, 2013
Rukemi291: ^ Thank you much. Will see if i can get the toothpaste. I bought the listerine MW yesterday, but was scared cos i saw it has alcohol and i've never used it. If i try it and it burns badly, i will stop and get the Oral B one. I appreciate
Listerine is ok dear, thats what i use cos i have bleeding gum everytime I brush.... i envy ur light skin o, am now so black i dont know what else to do... d funny thing is dat i was fairer than normal in my first trimester... all I can say is dat pregnancy is really an interesting xperience
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 28, 2013
^ eiya. Sincerely, if pregnancy is a risk, it's worth taking over and over and over again. It's a wonderful experience. Thanks for reassuring me on Listerine. Will start using it tomorrow. Plus i got the Enamel care toothpaste.

God bless all the sweet mothers of the world and the TTCs.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2013
I have been wondering too, i bleed everytime i brush and i use oral b, i just ignored it after a while. Na wa 4 darkness o. My complexion didnt change atall but was lighter in 1st trim.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by esmeralda1(f): 6:40am On Sep 29, 2013
You are laughin at our dark complexion, don't worry our true colour go soon cOme back to normal as soon as we all put to bed maybe those gettin lighter now go go back to being dark grin
Na wa for the toothache u know I av also been feelin this toothache dt I neva knew it was related to pregnancy, oga o
Maybe all pain I feel now can be traced to pregnancy, cos as of now I feel pain in both of my wrist its funny o but is it related.
Gd mornin all av a blessed sunday, I dey wait make water boil make I go bath o.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2013
Good morning sisters o.

@bigmon
My preggie mate, how e dey do u? Donnt know where aches and pains are spring up oo, ysterday when i woke na only back ache, now na waist ache. Sitting and getting up is a task for me. I had this at 12-14wks. Now again, Lord take it away for me today!

@all
Pple tell me pregancy fits me; am fairer and prettier but its like am changing since i hit 3trimester, even though pple still commet positively, but i get mirror lol

Enjoy ur sunday
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 29, 2013
2nd trimester and early third trimester is the " glow phase" of pregnancy. That's why. Some get fairer, some just glow. Me I'm dark, but people used to tell me HM, you're shining, you're looking good. Now I think I'm swelling. I've dumped my wedding ring and my face feels two times bigger.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 8:42am On Sep 29, 2013
Good morning to all and happy sunday. There is this annoying dandruff on my scalp. If i scratch it off, wash and cream it, it returns in less than 5 days. i dont know if its related to pregnancy?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 8:47am On Sep 29, 2013
Happy sunday preggie mamas,me am 37weeks plus and i dont think am dark!started using ori since january both for my skin and tommy,no stretch marks attall for now!@ Udoka,pele,the pain na so ooo.U just have to manage.what of pain around the vjayjay!like say dem use scissors pierce u there?u have not started feeling that one?For my own pain,i take paracetamol once in a while.I was aked to do urinalysis and pcv test last week,all came out normal.My PCV has gone up compared to the 26-29percent before,its now 36percent.My only fear now is that my baby is becoming more active in this third trimester o.Na so so movement i dey feel at nite.@ 34weeks the baby was head down,this one wey e come dey feel comfy with movement like this,and the shape of my tummy now sef i pray he does not flip over.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 29, 2013
@marygold,pains around the V area is very normal , please don't worry yourself about the baby's movement, most babies will come head down no matter how much they somersault in there.At 39weeks mine is still dancing Skelewu,as long as my doctor didn't complain during my check ups,why should i?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 29, 2013
esmeralda. Na so o. cheesy

Byvan &marygold. So, we never even see anything? Pain in Vjay again? God abeg, i don't want that one o.

Bludeville. I used both MW and toothpaste today. They are not bad sha. The sodium bicarbonate taste in the toothpaste wasn't pleasant at first. and the Listerine burn wasn't that bad too. Thanks fnor.

As for supplements, i still don't feel like taking any drug o....

Beautyyy? As for dandruff, maybe you should use mild shampoo/haircream. Maybe your scalp is irritated by the one you use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 29, 2013
@Rukemi, I didn't experience it in my previous pregnancies, am just experiencing it with this one.If you are lucky,you might never notice it sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
beauty?:
Good morning to all and happy sunday. There is this annoying dandruff on my scalp. If i scratch it off, wash and cream it, it returns in less than 5 days. i dont know if its related to pregnancy?
dandruff can sometimes be related to pregnancy because of hormonal flunctuations and dryness of the skin, I'll advice you buy a moisturising hair cream and use daily. If you decide to use anti dandruff shampoo, try to look for those that are herbal in nature, containing ingredients like mint,coconut oil and tea tree oil.
Rukemi do you mean you aren't taking any supplements at all? Yes, the toothpaste didn't taste nice at first but I got used to the taste sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 29, 2013
I hate supplements too,i don't take it,maybe once or twice in a month when it is properly tucked into my mold of Eba undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fnor: 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
Rukemi291: esmeralda. Na so o. cheesy

Byvan &marygold. So, we never even see anything? Pain in Vjay again? God abeg, i don't want that one o.

Bludeville. I used both MW and toothpaste today. They are not bad sha. The sodium bicarbonate taste in the toothpaste wasn't pleasant at first. and the Listerine burn wasn't that bad too. Thanks fnor.

As for supplements, i still don't feel like taking any drug o....

Beautyyy? As for dandruff, maybe you should use mild shampoo/haircream. Maybe your scalp is irritated by the one you use
Pls try and take ur supplements o, even if its d folic acid alone, then make up with lots of fruits and vegetables, and I mean LOTS of it. D nerw mothers will tell u that they r given supplements even after delivery, so pls try and take it dear, put it inside Eba... God is our strength
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
byvan. I fear o.
Bludeville. I am not taking any drugs. I am so sick of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
@beauty
Dandruf Na now l know what the problem is o, i never really had it but since this pg na so so scratch l dey scratch hair. Washed and braid my hair ysterday, but it has been itching me which is very unlike me. I think it shd be pg related.

@marygold
U are already there. I also have more movement in this trimester. Pain in d vjjjjjjjjj Abeg oo. Congrats on ur pcv, l did another arounds of test last fri all came out well except d pvc upon all my efforts. Doc increased d iron tablet to 3times a day and encouraged more ugu juice. I wl try and be consistent with d ugu juice and my drugs. He even added folic acid 5mg upon d prenatal am taking and extra calcium. Too much to swallow hmmm
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by marygold(f): 1:31pm On Sep 29, 2013
Udoka,i think ugu juice helped me a lot to increase the pcv.i take it three times a week.what i do is that i buy fresh ugu,blend it very well,sieve and add little honey.Then my gynea also prescribed pharmaton matruelle capsules.its a very good supplement for preggies and it contains all the folic acid,minerals and vitamins that you need.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
for all ye supplement rejecters, please make sure you are on a strictly healthy diet of, no junk. lots of variety of fruits and veggies, milk or yoghurt and eggs. tomatoes, carrots, green vegetables. and fish for fish oil, avocado pear, I'm not good with eating right, so I know I have no choice but to take supplements.
BTW, studies have shown that taking omega 3 or fish oil in pregnancy helps make the baby smarter, and the babies whose mother drank milk daily in pregnancy are taller than those who didn't. For those interested sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
for all ye supplement rejecters, please make sure you are on a strictly healthy diet of, no junk. lots of variety of fruits and veggies, milk or yoghurt and eggs. tomatoes, carrots, green vegetables. and fish for fish oil, avocado pear, I'm not good with eating right, so I know I have no choice but to take supplements.
BTW, studies have shown that taking omega 3 or fish oil in pregnancy helps make the baby smarter, and the babies whose mother drank milk daily in pregnancy are taller than those who didn't. For those interested sha.
Yep, Ugu juice is a wonder worker for low pcv.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 2:49pm On Sep 29, 2013
Am winning in the milk department then, i consumed a lot of milk this time around.I have never been good with these supplements jare.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by beauty4(f): 3:07pm On Sep 29, 2013
Pain in V....? I no fit shout.
Thanx, infact i have not been able to make my hair for more than 3 months due to scratching. I always comb my hair or do all back without attachment. Thank God for make up and scarf.
As for the supplement, i do put inside eba, or any solid. Any day i finish eatin b4 remenbering, thats bygone o cos i cant bear the smell of that drug
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by udoka2: 4:20pm On Sep 29, 2013
@marygold
Thanks dear - i will continue with d ugu judiciously.

@bludeville
I hope d one l took in first and 2nd trimester wl work oo in making my baby tall. I want 5:8ft tall baby, am abt 5:6ft and dh a bit shorter.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
Kai, God help me o. I cant swallow big bolus of food plus the thought that i have medicine in the food wouldn't make it go down.
If it's milk and yoghurt, then i am good to go. But fruits/veggies?? I am not trying at al

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (6955) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Khemhyte(f), Preciousify(f), esthy111(f) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.