Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk - Health (1217) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk (8157574 Views)

Birth Defects: Are You Pregnant Or Planning To? What You Need To Know! (pics) / Can I Still Get Pregnant Or Do I Remove The Fibroid / Revealed: The Secret Fertility System That Cures Infertility & Get You Pregnant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) ... (6956) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by salewa01: 9:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
@Anak123, thank u so much ma, i will do that tomorrow morning then
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Beremx(f): 9:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
crystalgem:
Hi mums...have been silently following this thread and it makes so much sense.I am seven months gone already, but I can hardly use my ante natal drug cos it makes me sick,have not used any drug since have being preggy. Am very strong and my lil cutie is kicking hard. But the only problem I have is am really addicted to taking coke, I can take 3 in a day, I have tried several times to stop but cant.....please hope my baby is safe
coke three times a day? Haaa! that's too much. Well i took orobo pepsi at least twice a week just because it's always cold. eh, but coke three times a day too much ke? make your baby no too big o!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:15pm On Feb 26, 2016
crystalgem:
Hi mums...have been silently following this thread and it makes so much sense.I am seven months gone already, but I can hardly use my ante natal drug cos it makes me sick,have not used any drug since have being preggy. Am very strong and my lil cutie is kicking hard. But the only problem I have is am really addicted to taking coke, I can take 3 in a day, I have tried several times to stop but cant.....please hope my baby is safe

shocked shocked

Why are you toying with your health and that of your baby?

Shortly before I got married, I was already popping folic acid and multivitamins and as soon as I conceived, pills popping continued just that I switched to pregnacare. As a friend told me, what you eat, drink while pregnant greatly affects a baby. The formation of a healthy, strong, happy, intelligent and beautiful baby starts from the first day of conception o.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ozycy: 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
helovesme:

drink while pregnant greatly affects a baby. The formation of a healthy, strong, happy, intelligent and beautiful baby starts from the first day of conception o.
Tot beauty have to do with gene wink I for drink overdose for dem prenatal drugs grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
salewa01:
Good evening to all mums at home. Plz i ve little pbm nd i will be gland, if u help me with ur experience ma. Am just 18weeks pregnant, ve not start the ante natal. am experiencing pain all round my stomach, my naval is very hard nd painful. I can't stand straight nd i use to experience pain during urination. Plz is something wrong with me

Chai. You get strong mind o.

I booked myself in for antenatal at 4 weeks.

At 18 weeks, you should have done various checks, tests and at least one scan by now.

Please go and register at a hospital ASAP and commence antenatal and see a doctor.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:32pm On Feb 26, 2016
ozycy:

Tot beauty have to do with gene wink I for drink overdose for dem prenatal drugs grin

Hehehe. Those drugs help biko grin it tops up their genetic beauty grin

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 9:37pm On Feb 26, 2016
salewa01:

You need to see a Dr ASAP.
Even if you havent started ANC, you can still see a Dr.

Thank u ma, i will do that tomorrow then
Please do so first thing in the morning! By the grace of God all is well. Painful belly button is also part of the package and the pains you feel all over your tummy could be your belly expanding to accommodate your growing baby.
In the mean time drink plenty water! That painful urination is what am more concerned about. Take Carr of yourself sis.

Mamas please don't put off ANC for too long! Each pregnancy is different and needs attention.
Once you find out you r pregnant and you want to keep the baby pls seek medical assistant! Government hospitals are quite affordable! so money issues shouldn't prevent one from making sure the child they intend to bring into this world is looked after invitro.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
ozycy:

Kikikikikikiki!
Laugh wan tear my belle.
Atinuke for ugly die! cheesy
Helovesme, I can just picture your face! The shock! The outrage! The unbelievability of it! cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by cutiereborn(f): 9:49pm On Feb 26, 2016
@ Nurse kaffy4bill, thank you for checking up on me. In ghost mode in the thread as my BG is a handful, between taking care of her & office work, am always exhausted. I trust your princess - my birthday mate/ god daughter is doing great. My kisses & love to her.
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Flourish89: 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
mitchyy:
It should be either 3D or 2d.i used image diagnostics here in portharcourti juxwanted a pelvic scan,and paid 3k.i was surprised wen I saw d printed ressult with sex as xy.

15 weeks? shocked Wow!!! That was fast. Did you use the regular scan or 3D/4D?

Updated Roll Call Team July:

Ajuwarhodes

Iyabetajos

Juliebest

mitchyy

Christybabe - teamblue

Jamesbridget13

Cutienik

Raptor2

Flourish89 - teamblue

Fearless07

SexyMum1 - teamblue

OnyxGem10

#TeamJuly
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 10:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
zaynie:

Kikikikikikiki!
Laugh wan tear my belle.
Atinuke for ugly die! cheesy
Helovesme, I can just picture your face! The shock! The outrage! The unbelievability of it! cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin grin grin
No be small matter. I almost stopped taking the vitamins and was moaning about them to a colleague that's a father of 3. His words were " do you want an ugly baby"? cheesy nobody told me before I started swallowing them without fail everyday. grin

My dear. I just weak o. I had to reread the post thrice. 3 bottles of coke a day shocked the closet thing I took to soda while pregnant was diluted Ribena. E be like say you will introduce special fines for these special mamas oh. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by lovinam: 10:20pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hi all,
Hmmmmmm so I stepped in today and couldn't comprehend what I read. Please don't miss your vitamins. I had challenges taking mine especially during my first trimester so I resorted to taking them at night. All through I was just praying for everything to be ok cos I was throwing up a lot. Your vitamins is not something you joke with cha cha. Do all you can to ensure you have a healthy child.

The coke issue , hmmmmmmm that one na trouble de sleep inyanga de wake am. A word is enough for the wise.
Eat fruits mamas lots of it. I don't joke with it during pregnancy and my babies all popped out with beautiful skin and very sharp eyes.

Easy and painless delivery to all belleful and kpekusing Mamas. God bless

8 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:33pm On Feb 26, 2016
MostSnrElderMama Lovinam has spoken.....honorable mother of 8 wink

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tosyne2much(m): 10:34pm On Feb 26, 2016
Blessed be unto everyone on this thread cool

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:38pm On Feb 26, 2016
Tosyne2much has come again.
Your GF never born ni?
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tosyne2much(m): 10:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
zaynie:
Tosyne.2much has come again. Your GF never born ni?
Zaynie, na flirt I flirt come here ooooo cheesy

I dey find another person wife wey I go hijack cheesy
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 10:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
Zaynie, na flirt I flirt come here ooooo cheesy

I dey find another person wife wey I go hijack cheesy

Error!!!
All the buses here are full! To the brim!
Check the next thread. tongue

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by tosyne2much(m): 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
zaynie:

Error!!!
All the buses here are full! To the brim!
Check the next thread. tongue
Zaynie, wait oooo !!! Are u married? tongue
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by zaynie(f): 11:05pm On Feb 26, 2016
tosyne2much:
Zaynie, wait oooo !!! Are u married? tongue

No I am not.
I am simply pretending to be married with 2 kids wink

Please dont derail our thread before someone pukes on you.
Go to romanceland and be a dude.

3 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 11:11pm On Feb 26, 2016
greetings mums in d house...I don dey low key Eva since I started having Labour...d tin is dat it comes and goes like a space of three mins. I went for antenatal doc checked me and said I should go although am in Labour but cervix is still closed. Am feeling pains down dia and around my pelvic area...infact everywhere. don't know how to describe it and no show yet.

Am already due , what do I do or take so dat Labour will come. can't afford to go back to that hospital for another vaginal examination till I notice some discharge d thing is painful biko.

#team feb

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by fearless07(f): 11:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
christybabe:
welcome to our team @ Flourish89 and @ Fearless07.
Thanks for welcoming me. May we all carry to term and deliver healthy babies, IJN amen.

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by proudmom38(f): 11:16pm On Feb 26, 2016
@nurse kaffy my side bam.How is u n our egbons doing? Shey aje nwa? Thanks 4 checking on me...I love ur 'kiki'.Gud job!
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by maureensylvia(f): 11:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
tosyne2much wetin u dey find in d midst of pregnant women? that thing u dey find u go c am...don't b surprised that ur babe will call u tomorrow and tell u she missed her period.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ginababy(f): 11:46pm On Feb 26, 2016
I tink we need SLAP button in dis thread. All dis FTM dat r behaving lyk abt to hang boots mamas. Running away frm early antenatal n nt takin their prenatal drugs. They all deserve a solid E-slap 4 free.

Zaynie n oda mamas talking abt home appliances. R we still in pregnancy thread? Anyway, I sha stole d idea of Kenwood blender.

July Mamas, u beta respect ur seniors n stop occupying team blue. Hold a brake till wen I confirm my baby's sex on Monday oo.

On d oda news, constipation is nw history n purging has taken ova. I can't bliv dis is me. Doing it in d loo ryt nw.(hm sorry oo).

Alarm! Alarm!! Alarm!!! Tossyne2much is in d house n all mamas needs to wear iron pants because dis guy impregnates tru bluetooth n post. Dangerous guy gahn.

Maureensylvia, u no want carry last abi? May God grant u ur hrt desire n giv u a smooth delivery.

4 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Coldfeet(f): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
maureensylvia:
greetings mums in d house...I don dey low key Eva since I started having Labour...d tin is dat it comes and goes like a space of three mins. I went for antenatal doc checked me and said I should go although am in Labour but cervix is still closed. Am feeling pains down dia and around my pelvic area...infact everywhere. don't know how to describe it and no show yet.

Am already due , what do I do or take so dat Labour will come. can't afford to go back to that hospital for another vaginal examination till I notice some discharge d thing is painful biko.

#team feb
You are almost there smiley try sex or walking and if you have a birthing ball you can bounce on it! Or just eat pineapple. Hope this time tomorrow your lo would have made an entrance wink
Saturday, Sunday, Monday is still remaining so Feb is still possible for you (I believe the class captain jinx has been broken by Ozycy?) Otherwise I lolz at the bolded after all the (THERE ARE ONLY TWO TEAMS HERE, FEBRUARY MAMAS AND OTHERS grin grin) I no Laff you oo tongue

2 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 2:56am On Feb 27, 2016
Thanks ma'am. I appreciate your response

1 Like

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by eigmaticme: 3:14am On Feb 27, 2016
Omojudy I can see that you sent me a mail but I can't see the mail in my inbox
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by sayoddy(f): 3:37am On Feb 27, 2016
Captain maureensylvia, it's well with you o. You wan give birth this february sha. No lele. Have you tried the kpekusing, pineapple, walking or even castor oil? With the kpekusing water inside you, the cervix will dilate and labour will start. wish you safe delivery, make our February baby come quick
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by ambient: 7:02am On Feb 27, 2016
sabi mama which cream should i rub on my toh toh.it has been itching me since i used one public toilet .
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Haleematm(f): 8:46am On Feb 27, 2016
goldenruby:
Good evening mamas, good evening team May HOW IS THE MINISTRY!!! Welcome New mamas, Congrats to the new mums kiss. This heat no be beans o!!!. I just wonder how celebrities cope with all the shakara during pregnancy sad. The cornrow wey dey my head don nearly turn Dada sad, thank God for wig. Even the wig I had to codedly remove and throw in my bag yesterday grin for my mind nobody see me grin

Mamas wey dey request list, This one na Copy and paste. God bless the mama that dropped this list, can't seem to get her name. I had to retrieve from my evernote. Remove, edit and buy where necessary!

Clothing
8 one-piece outfits or onesies (mix of short-sleeve and long-sleeve)
5 nightgowns (for use until the cord falls off)
8 one-piece sleepsuits
5 pairs of pants/ dresses
2 newborn hats
12 pairs of socks or booties, to wear with nightgowns and outfits
2 pairs of mittens, to keep baby from scratching face
3-5 (or more) outfits for dressing up

Blankets
3 large cotton blankets
8 receiving blankets (also used as burp cloths)

Breastfeeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
Breast pump (manual or electric)
Milk storage containers
Nursing pillow (not essential)
Nursing bras (if buying before baby is born, buy one cup size larger than your pregnant bra size)
Breast pads (disposable or washable)
Lotion or ointment for sore Tips (lanolin-based is best)

Formula feeding
Lots of bibs
Burp cloths
8 four-ounce bottles with Tips
6 eight-ounce bottles with Tips
Bottle and Tip brush
Formula (be sure to check expiry date)
Thermal bottle carrier
Thermal flask

Diapering
One box or two bags of newborn-size diapers (Don’t buy too many in advance in case your baby is large or grows quickly)
Diaper bag
Changing pad
Baby ointment or barrier cream to prevent rash
Disposable wipes or washcloths for cleaning baby’s bottom

Bathtime
1 plastic infant tub
1 cup or bowl to pour water
4 washcloths, not used on baby’s bottom
Baby soap or cleanser
Baby shampoo (optional)
Dettol or savlon (optional)
Baby lotion/ cream
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels
Baby hair brush/ comb
3 soft-hooded towels

Sleeping
If you are using a crib:
Crib and crib mattress
3 waterproof mattress covers
4 fitted cribsheets
4 light blankets that fit in the crib
If sleeping with parents:
Firm mattress (not a waterbed)
3 waterproof pads to place under baby
Light blanket (keep away from baby’s head)

Other necessities
Infant carseat
Wrapper/wrapping cloth and Oja
Nail clippers or scissors (or just bite off baby’s nails as needed)
Bulb syringe for suctioning mucous
Baby thermometer

thanx so much for this comprehensive list. its highly aporeciated
Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by helovesme(f): 9:20am On Feb 27, 2016
Beremx:
coke three times a day? Haaa! that's too much. Well i took orobo pepsi at least twice a week just because it's always cold. eh, but coke three times a day too much ke? make your baby no too big o!

Berem darling kiss kiss Lmaooo @ "haaa! That's too much". see kettle calling pot black. grin

What's the difference in drinking coke three times a day and drinking OROBO Pepsi at least twice a week grin grin remind me the size of a bottle of orobo. Isn't it 1.5litre tongue

"At LEAST" twice a week - meaning there were some weeks you drank orobo Pepsi more than twice. grin grin

Chai. You don dey confess small small. No wonder your prince was 'big' at birth and his picture almost broke the Internet kiss kiss wink

Zaynie, you gats introduce special fines for these our special mamas oh and the fines must be in $100 bills. grin

5 Likes

Re: Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk by Nnetriplet: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2016
Flourish89:
Portharcourt based mums!!who else is using obio cottage hospital for antenatal?abi na only me Waka come??
I used that place and also delivered there...the crowd wey dey there no be here ooo so u have to come very early or else u go sleep there

(1) (2) (3) ... (1214) (1215) (1216) (1217) (1218) (1219) (1220) ... (6956) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.